Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still just hearsay. A neighbor says a cop told him…

Again, it may be true. It may not be. Until I hear it come from an official’s mouth, it’s just sensationalism to me. Moo

I agree with you. It's not been confirmed officially.

Nonetheless, I have a gut feeling that it's true.

I fervently hope my gut is mistaken.

One of RH's neighbors was interviewed and said the neighborhood will never be the same again. He equated it to the Amityville Horror and thinks people will continue to drive by to look at the house.
FWIW, after the investigation has completed and the trial is over, I think that home should be removed. It's not the type of memory the neighborhood needs to be reminded of each day.

So I have a chicken/egg question.

Apparently LE has been searching the backyard with ground-penetrating radar.

And digging up stuff, starting with a backhoe and progressing to shovels.

Does that mean that the ground-penetrating radar identified something that was deemed worthy to dig up?

Or did the backhoe digging come first?

IDK it just seems to me that they wouldn't have started digging, particularly with a backhoe, unless they had an indication beforehand that there was something there to dig up, which would have come from the ground-penetrating radar.

I would love to know the sequence of these events.

"A former coworker told The Post that suspected serial murderer Rex Heuermann, 59, once took time off from his job as a Manhattan architect to install a concrete-lined vault at his family’s Long Island house.

It’s not clear if that basement compartment is the one cops suspect could have been a killing chamber or whether it is possibly the space previously reported to hold Heuermann’s up to 300 guns.

But 'it’s not just a hidden room — it’s a serious vault,' the ex-colleague said.

'It had a huge heavy-duty safe door. He went and poured new concrete walls, massive amount of concrete to encase this room.'

'It was maybe 2 or 3 feet thick,'
the former coworker said."

Last edited:
I’d love to know who this friend is that he shared a boat with. He doesn’t strike me as the type that bonds with other people outside his family (especially another man) enough to share a boat with them
I remember a fragment in the killing season documentary about someone mentions two suspicious duckhunters?? The first epidode

Ok, cool, I see that now. <3

I'm not up to date on the individual threads, yet, because there are so many of them. Reading now.
It’s odd because I don’t ever remember a bag being part of the equation with that specific victim until I went back and re-read that thread. I was always super curious about Lattingtown Doe because she was found so close to wear I grew up but I only picked up on the bag in the last few days.

It’s odd because I don’t ever remember a bag being part of the equation with that specific victim until I went back and re-read that thread. I was always super curious about Lattingtown Doe because she was found so close to wear I grew up but I only picked up on the bag in the last few days.

I went back over the WS threads before I posted just to make sure

*I guess I missed it, the thread moves so quickly, but the Bounty paper towels surprised me.

The warrant shows a long list of items under “property sought,” many of which are listed as “trophies,” the newspaper reported.

That list includes phones, articles of clothing, jewelry, identification, notebooks, ledgers, Bibles, personal effects and/or photographs or recordings depicting the victims, according to the paper.

Other “trophy” items were separately listed, according to the paper, including condoms, black leather belts, knives, scissors, devices used to stamp letters on leather goods, and “Bounty paper towels specifically from the Bounty Modern Print Collection.”

Because you’re right, he realizes after he dumps MBB that he could “do better” and begins to use duck blind burlap, which is nearly identical to the ocean parkway thicket. This also leads me to believe while she may not be his first victim, she is his first victim he dumped there.
This is what I'm thinking too. He dumps MBB in the plastic but realizes it doesn't look how he wants it to look. It probably looked like garbage, with the bag never disintegrating, and maybe that seemed risky.

Sort of curious why he didn't drape burlap over the plastic later, if he indeed didn't like the plastic.

Now I wonder if he had PREVIOUS victims....in plastic. And maybe in those dump sites, plastic was a good option. Maybe burlap was a later development in his killing career. idk

He likes problems to solve. Was burlap a solution to a previous problem?

It could be as simple as burlap being cheaper. (I don't know if it is.) Or maybe plastic rips too easily. Maybe he had plastic onhand from construction jobs and then he ran out. Or maybe he switched to burlap for a visual reason. Or a combo of many reasons. He likely thought it a clever move.

jmo

Last edited:
Last edited:
<p>Map showing proximity of home being searched by police and Gilgo Beach where bodies were found</p>

Map showing proximity of home being searched by police and Gilgo Beach where bodies were found

Am I correct that they seem to be digging under where one of the gardens was? They seem to have piled all the potted plants onto that deck area where they were taking photos of whatever was in that toolbox last week.

MOO

Am I correct that they seem to be digging under where one of the gardens was? They seem to have piled all the potted plants onto that deck area where they were taking photos of whatever was in that toolbox last week.

MOO
Looks to be under where the deck was and then some. In front of the creepy green shed, as well.

"A former coworker told The Post that suspected serial murderer Rex Heuermann, 59, once took time off from his job as a Manhattan architect to install a concrete-lined vault at his family’s Long Island house.

It’s not clear if that basement compartment is the one cops suspect could have been a killing chamber or whether it is possibly the space previously reported to hold Heuermann’s up to 300 guns.

But 'it’s not just a hidden room — it’s a serious vault,' the ex-colleague said.

'It had a huge heavy-duty safe door. He went and poured new concrete walls, massive amount of concrete to encase this room.'

'It was maybe 2 or 3 feet thick,'
the former coworker said."

Just thinking…How would he, alone, pour 2-3 feet thick concrete walls to encase the room ? and carry and install a heavy safe door? Yes. He is a huge monster. He was younger. But that seems like a big job.

If there is the concrete vault, maybe they cannot enter it from the basement due to a vault door (it's been reported he used a vault door), so they are gaining access from above the vault, which is under the backyard.

If that makes sense, idk. I just am wondering why they were digging by hand and then stopped. Did they find the top and say - okay, we can get in here. idk!

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member