Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is... RH's DNA should have been placed in CODIS (or wherever it can be accessed/tested by other LE across the country) when arrested! Waiting for a conviction allows too much time other cases are not solved and/or ruled-out!

How many states operate this way.? How do we try to change it?

jmo

imo:
RH will be in no rush to go to trial or want talks for a possible guilty plea deal because where he's housed now is a cakewalk compared to being sent to a NY max security prison and most likely be segregated from the prison population.

It also could be dicey for prosecutors if they were open to negotiating a deal because the investigation is ongoing and will most likely conclude with additional murder charges against RH?
His being charged with Sandra Costilla's murder opened up Pandora's Box.
I agree! We know Sandra was left intact (I feel bad saying that :( then he went to decapitation (sorry ladies :() ) and then back to leaving victims intact again. I wonder if Sandra's murder was the first and in response to his marriage ending, like some sort of sick bachelor party. If we take Karen Vergata as the first time he changed his method we know that he married AE that year. And I'm curious about the fraudulent accident claims were they all against women?

All I know is... RH's DNA should have been placed in CODIS (or wherever it can be accessed/tested by other LE across the country) when arrested! Waiting for a conviction allows too much time other cases are not solved and/or ruled-out!

jmo

But surely they can run his DNA against NY cases?

I tend to agree. I think he doesn't want to confess to anything that LE doesn't already know about. I really think he relishes LE uncovering bit-by-bit his crimes and he will let that play out as long as possible.

His pleasure now is in shocking and disturbing the public (and scaring women in particular), in sending LE on the "hunt" for evidence, and in impressing fellow sickos with his killing skills perfected over decades.

jmo
And while RH is letting it play out he can get back to his letter writing.
We know that there's a minuscule number of women who send love letters and marriage proposals even to SK'ers.
Then there's the serial killer's fan mail that arrives wanting to be their pen-pal.

Last edited:
I agree! We know Sandra was left intact (I feel bad saying that :( then he went to decapitation (sorry ladies :() ) and then back to leaving victims intact again. I wonder if Sandra's murder was the first and in response to his marriage ending, like some sort of sick bachelor party. If we take Karen Vergata as the first time he changed his method we know that he married AE that year. And I'm curious about the fraudulent accident claims were they all against women?
All round sleazy, cheap guy, imo, wondering if one reason he might have had those so-called accidents was to be a cover for any scratches, marks, cuts, bruises etc he may have (hopefully) received from anybody he attacked?
speculation.

I honestly didn’t know until now just how close together these victims were murdered time-wise or how all three were found in the same positioning, all missing a left shoe. That is extremely unsettling to me.
I wasn't aware of this detail until just now - is anyone else struck by the potential Masonic link in symbology here...? It was the first thing that crossed my mind, exacerbated by the speculation around a potential web of these sickos collaborating and closing ranks to protect each others' interests...

Yes but they haven't been back there as far as I know so I guess there was nothing there

Posted an article earlier that said local LE in SC searched only one day. There's no way they could have done a thorough search on that acreage in one day.

Imo, at that point, I think they were mostly after the vehicle on property there. One of his Avalanches. Not sure how much more looking was done unless something was blatantly obvious.

He has multiple acres of land. I wonder if he has stored any trophies or photos there to "enjoy" during his retirement (since it was suggested that the property would be his retirement location). I don't think he put bodies there, especially from his NY victims. If there are victims on his property in SC, I think they would be local to that area. But, still, I am not sure he would do that. I think he would dispose of a victim somewhere else, though he might keep someone captive and torture them on his SC property like it seems he has done in NY. (Since he hunted, did he hunt with his brother in SC? How much time has he spent "scouting" potential disposal areas in woods, swamps, or beaches around there?)

Anyway, wondering how hard or easy it would be for LE to get a warrant to thoroughly search his property there? Does he have a secret bunker there? Are there any buildings or storage on the property? Does he rent storage units near his SC property? Could he have hidden or stashed souvenirs on his brother's property (where it might be harder for LE to get a warrant and his brother might be unaware things are stashed there)? As an architect, had he drawn up any plans to build his retirement home there? If so, are there any oddities or secret rooms or bunkers planned? I have many questions. MOO.

Fyi, article that mentions one day search in SC:

Last edited:
Posted an article earlier that said local LE in SC searched only one day. There's no way they could have done a thorough search on that acreage in one day.

Imo, at that point, I think they were mostly after the vehicle on property there. One of his Avalanches. Not sure how much more looking was done unless something was blatantly obvious.

He has multiple acres of land. I wonder if he has stored any trophies or photos there to "enjoy" during his retirement (since it was suggested that the property would be his retirement location). I don't think he put bodies there, especially from his NY victims. If there are victims on his property in SC, I think they would be local to that area. But, still, I am not sure he would do that. I think he would dispose of a victim somewhere else, though he might keep someone captive and torture them on his SC property like it seems he has done in NY. (Since he hunted, did he hunt with his brother in SC? How much time has he spent "scouting" potential disposal areas in woods, swamps, or beaches around there?)

Anyway, wondering how hard or easy it would be for LE to get a warrant to thoroughly search his property there? Does he have a secret bunker there? Are there any buildings or storage on the property? Does he rent storage units near his SC property? Could he have hidden or stashed souvenirs on his brother's property (where it might be harder for LE to get a warrant and his brother might be unaware things are stashed there)? As an architect, had he drawn up any plans to build his retirement home there? If so, are there any oddities or secret rooms or bunkers planned? I have may questions. MOO.

Fyi, article that mentions one day search in SC:
All the above and I'm curious if LE found any relevant communication between RH and his brother CH.

The whole "photo film " / "discard pics " thing has me completely baffled. I assume he was referring to polaroid insta-cam film ( but who knows, he could have had a dark room somewhere). Where I start to scratch my head is...I don't understand the point of taking pics only to dispose of them a few days later. That makes me wonder if his definition of "dispose" doesn't fit the actual meaning of the word. Or maybe when he refers to " pics " he means something other than pictures ? I dunno.

jmo

'Additional Information'

The New York State DNA Databank was established by law in 1994 and began operating in 1996. At that time, only offenders convicted of certain offenses were required to provide DNA samples.

The list of crimes that require a DNA sample upon conviction has been expanded five times, most recently in 2012. In addition to requiring DNA samples upon conviction for felony offenses and all Penal Law misdemeanors, the 2012 law expanded a criminal defendant’s access to pre- and post-conviction DNA testing in certain circumstances.

In addition, state regulations permit the release of partial DNA matches that meet certain criteria to law enforcement agencies for investigative purposes and allow law enforcement agencies to request a familial search of the DNA Databank in connection with unsolved, serious crimes. Information in the Databank is protected by state law and by comprehensive internal procedures. The intentional disclosure of a DNA record to an unauthorized person or agency or the intentional use or receipt of DNA records for an unauthorized purpose is a felony.

Just throwing this in the mix.

"Gasps were heard in the courtroom as Suffolk County prosecutor Nicholas Santomartino described the disturbing content he said authorities discovered on Heuermann’s devices, including a planning document outlining a strategy for future killings."

“The 60-year-old architect was taken by surprise by Thursday’s charges, and he is “in a bad place in terms of the new charges,” his attorney Michael Brown said after his client appeared in an eastern Long Island courtroom. Heuermann was remanded without bail and is expected in court July 30.”

He was floored that they found his deleted files. Being the first search was done last summer immediately following his arrest and they just did a second one, he probably thought without a doubt that they would never in a million years have found anything.

I love that this task force is now steps ahead of him. I feel it in my gut they will find more files and I think he knows it too. I wonder if there’s a lot of evidence they’ll keep undisclosed until the trial.

I know one was against an elderly woman. There was a deposition posted online that he got hit at a crosswalk right near his home while walking home from the train one night. Not sure about the others. MOO. Gilgo Beach murder suspect Rex Heuermann ‘staged’ car accident for bogus $5M suit, man claims

Last edited:
Yes, grooming like Melissa B- who he seemed extremely fixated on. Also, going way back in our early research of the Backpage listing someone found that Melissa advertised for BDSM.
Remember also that one of Melissa B's best friends was the daughter of Rita Tangredi

"the daughter of his victim Tangredi was good friends with Melissa Barthélemy, one of the Gilgo Beach Four and Melissa had apparently received a number of calls from the Manorville area (where Bittrolff was living at the time)."

That's why his wife quickly filed for divorce, imo. For one thing, it protected all their assets from going to his legal fees and leaving her with nothing. And two, the divorce depleted his assets likely to the level where he cannot afford counsel.

(And, of course, I'd like to think she is divorcing him because he's an accused serial killer who used her vacation times to murder young women.)

jmopinion
I truly wonder if she will complete the divorce. If she is still married to him then she cannot testify against him. But if she does want to testify then I think she may go through with it for the financial constraints you mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim