Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, basically, the adult kids' attorney is suggesting that because this blueprint is "too neat", then it was planted by LE??? Unbelievable! MOO.
Yep.
Even RH's lawyer Brown wasn't stupid enough to try and spin the blueprint and 2 new murder charges on Thursday.
Macedonio and Mitev are so transparent inadvertently defending the defendant.

I believe that there's a consensus here that C.S. is not included in any criticism of the entire family and/or their legal counsel.

"The 60-year-old architect was taken by surprise by Thursday’s charges, and he is “in a bad place in terms of the new charges,” his attorney Michael Brown said after his client appeared in an eastern Long Island courtroom. Heuermann was remanded without bail and is expected in court July 30.

“One murder is obviously horrific, and it’s a difficult thing to defend,” Brown said. “And now we’re at six,” Brown said."

"Particular attention should be taken not to confuse deaths by head-down position from the more usual positional asphyxia. We here report the case of an 82-year-old woman found stuck in the railings of the staircase leading to her house, her body freely suspended downward below the stairs. Death was finally attributed to a head-down position when correlating the autopsy findings with elements from the scene."

I went back a re-read RH’s letter to KJ. IMHO, when he talks about taking K’s advice but it’s about timing, I feel like he’s just playing a waiting game to see how much LE uncovers and how many victims they can trace back to him. It gives me hope that he will talk and admit to murders he has committed but I feel like he will only give himself up on the ones that can be solidly tied to him. I think, and I know others have mentioned the same possibility, that there is at least one other dumping ground on LI, possibly other one(s) out of state. I feel like RH will take some secrets with him, it’ll make him feel like he still “won” in the end if some of his victims and murders go unlinked to him.

I went back a re-read RH’s letter to KJ. IMHO, when he talks about taking K’s advice but it’s about timing, I feel like he’s just playing a waiting game to see how much LE uncovers and how many victims they can trace back to him. It gives me hope that he will talk and admit to murders he has committed but I feel like he will only give himself up on the ones that can be solidly tied to him. I think, and I know others have mentioned the same possibility, that there is at least one other dumping ground on LI, possibly other one(s) out of state. I feel like RH will take some secrets with him, it’ll make him feel like he still “won” in the end if some of his victims and murders go unlinked to him.
I tend to agree. I think he doesn't want to confess to anything that LE doesn't already know about. I really think he relishes LE uncovering bit-by-bit his crimes and he will let that play out as long as possible.

His pleasure now is in shocking and disturbing the public (and scaring women in particular), in sending LE on the "hunt" for evidence, and in impressing fellow sickos with his killing skills perfected over decades.

jmo

I tend to agree. I think he doesn't want to confess to anything that LE doesn't already know about. I really think he relishes LE uncovering bit-by-bit his crimes and he will let that play out as long as possible.

His pleasure now is in shocking and disturbing the public (and scaring women in particular), in sending LE on the "hunt" for evidence, and in impressing fellow sickos with his killing skills perfected over decades.

jmo
He's doing a great job.

What would be the likelihood of all 3 bodies being placed in the same positioning, missing a left shoe and with wood shavings left at the scenes by two different killers?

"Though Bittrolff’s DNA was not found on Costilla, all three victims were displayed in the same sexual manner and missing a single shoe, prosecutors said, and wood shavings were found at all three scenes. Both Tangredi and McNamee were known to engage in sex work, while Costilla “led a similar lifestyle,” Spota said."
What was the DNA evidence of JB’s that was found on Tangredi & McNamee? Was it semen? Was it was lifted off of clothing or the body?

I honestly didn’t know until now just how close together these victims were murdered time-wise or how all three were found in the same positioning, all missing a left shoe. That is extremely unsettling to me.

Fortunately the woods in Long Island are not the wilds of Alaska. I have hope that any in the area who are unfound will be found, in time.

Whether he had other hunting grounds has yet to be ascertained.

I really wish they would tear that other property a few states away apart. Or at least canvass the entire thing with cadaver dogs. It's exactly the kind of place someone could hide a body forever.

MOO
The SC property and the Palmyra, Va areas are very wooded/rural.

These comment made me think of software and how college professors can take whole sections of documents/papers to look for Plagiarism. Then I remembered how easy it is just to Google sections of writing to find sources on the web. I wonder if LE has looked at this document and tried to see if it was posted on the web/dark web. Just some thoughts…
Good thought and the defense might do that in an attempt to make the notes look like fan fiction or something like that.

jmo

imo:
RH will be in no rush to go to trial or want talks for a possible guilty plea deal because where he's housed now is a cakewalk compared to being sent to a NY max security prison and most likely be segregated from the prison population.

It also could be dicey for prosecutors if they were open to negotiating a deal because the investigation is ongoing and will most likely conclude with additional murder charges against RH?
His being charged with Sandra Costilla's murder opened up Pandora's Box.

Speculation, imo, fwiw..
Regarding the "Stockholm Syndrome'' and the bird outside.
Could the 'bird' outside actually be a reference to an 'early bird' neighbour, dog walker or a mail delivery person who might be within earshot of RH's house?

Hostages (of varying kinds) subjected to torture, are sometimes treated (relatively) well in a conscientious effort to make the return to bad treatment even more painful both physically and psychologically.
Small acts like being given a sip of water, or a kind word under those circumstances, could create a ''Stockholm Syndrome'' type of victim.
Maybe something similar can occur to somebody held for hours or days as opposed to months and years- making the torture even more exquisite and satisfying for RH and his ego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double