Greece Greece - Ben Needham, 21 mos, Isle of Kos, 24 July 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have always thought Ben was involved in an accident and not abducted. If it is true that this man accidentally hit Ben with the digger, then I'm guessing the reason he didn't own up was that he panicked and the longer he kept it to himself the harder it was to confess. If this is the case then I hope they recover Bens remains quickly so that Kerry can finally lay him to rest and have some kind of closure. I agree with what a pp said that Kerry will get through this if they do find him, she has to be a really strong woman to have got through this many years. There is a saying I've seen "you don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have".

"Fabric unearthed where police are searching for Ben Needham is being analysed by experts who worked on 9/11, the 7/7 bombings and the Madeleine McCann mystery.

The team of forensic investigators were drafted in by detectives and have arrived on Kos to solve the disappearance of the 21-month-old toddler 25 years ago."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-items-being-analysed-8927110

"Fabric unearthed where police are searching for Ben Needham is being analysed by experts who worked on 9/11, the 7/7 bombings and the Madeleine McCann mystery.

The team of forensic investigators were drafted in by detectives and have arrived on Kos to solve the disappearance of the 21-month-old toddler 25 years ago."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-items-being-analysed-8927110

Oh my word, they really are taking this veryseriously aren't they?

I think Dino's friend has given them a smidge more information than the press have told us.

It looks that way, after all these years and they are searching just yards from where he went missing.

It looks that way, after all these years and they are searching just yards from where he went missing.

They're not just wafting a spade around either, looks extremely thorough, no stone unturned.

Someone, high up somewhere, has given the ok to do this properly. I'll be surprised if this isn't it :(

They're not just wafting a spade around either, looks extremely thorough, no stone unturned.

Someone, high up somewhere, has given the ok to do this properly. I'll be surprised if this isn't it :(

I know, it seems like they have some strong evidence to believe he is there, I can't help thinking though , why wasn't this done years ago ! .
If they do find him, his mom is going to be grieving like it happened yesterday as I imagine she hasn't grieved yet through holding onto that hope he's still alive somewhere.
I can't imagine the hell she's been through already.

Hey all. I watched a documentary which it was filmed in 2001 about the disappearance. (On you tube). Bens grandad says that on the day or few days later Ben was missing, one of the construction workers told him Ben 'was gone taken by gypsies'. I wonder if it was the suspect/friend of suspect who told him this and if so putting the blame elsewhere.

Was Ben Needham hidden under a fig bush?

A photograph taken 25 years ago may hold the key to finding out what happened to missing Ben Needham, police have revealed.
It shows a fig tree was planted in an olive grove shortly after the toddler disappeared and close to the farmhouse in Kos where he was last seen playing.
The picture was taken by a British press photographer around 10 days after the little boy vanished, in July 1991.

It is the only record of the area from the time and police are now using it to aid them in a new search for Ben.

'We have been able to look at the fauna and tree growth and we are having a look at the area around a tree at the base of the farmhouse as there is an indication that this tree that is here now clearly wasn't there at the time , which is why we are concentrating our effort around that this morning.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tree-near-spot-disappeared.html#ixzz4LXbTYXiL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting video clip, taken from inside the farmhouse and showing the door ( or doors ) to the outside area.

The reporter/cameraman shows two possible exits from the kitchen to the outside.

There is a door leading out to the patio area - and the patio is clearly visible from the kitchen through this door, if it was open. So, if Ben was playing on the patio, he would have been visible to everyone sitting in the kitchen.

Then there is a window - on the opposite side of the kitchen to the door.
The reporter says that, 25 years ago,this window may have been another door.
This window ( door ? ) looks out to the olive grove, where the reporter says the main search is taking place.

The reporter goes on to say they dont know what may have happened, ie; which door Ben went out of ...but surely his grandparents know and would be able to clarify ?

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/20...rst-time-as-search-for-ben-needham-continues/

Article from DM, with photos of the interior of the farmhouse - plus a definite explanation that the window in the kitchen was actually a door 25 years ago.

Article also includes the pic the journo took 25 years ago, showing the outside of the farmhouse and surrounding area.

On the day Ben went missing there was no roof or glass in the windows.

His grandparents were in the main room of the cottage, taking shelter from the sun, when Ben vanished.

The family were assisting with the renovations.
Since then it has obviously been renovated and then allowed again to fall into a state of disrepair.
'Whether of not someone has lived in here or not, I am not sure. But it looks like someone has.'

In 1991 there were doorways on either side of the main room, which meant Ben could run in and out of the house on both sides.
One door has since been bricked up and replaced with a window.
'He was in and out of this building playing, that is the understanding we have,' the police spokesman said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tree-near-spot-disappeared.html#ixzz4LYX8Xaq0

Article from DM, with photos of the interior of the farmhouse - plus a definite explanation that the window in the kitchen was actually a door 25 years ago.

Article also includes the pic the journo took 25 years ago, showing the outside of the farmhouse and surrounding area.

On the day Ben went missing there was no roof or glass in the windows.

His grandparents were in the main room of the cottage, taking shelter from the sun, when Ben vanished.

The family were assisting with the renovations.
Since then it has obviously been renovated and then allowed again to fall into a state of disrepair.
'Whether of not someone has lived in here or not, I am not sure. But it looks like someone has.'

In 1991 there were doorways on either side of the main room, which meant Ben could run in and out of the house on both sides.
One door has since been bricked up and replaced with a window.
'He was in and out of this building playing, that is the understanding we have,' the police spokesman said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tree-near-spot-disappeared.html#ixzz4LYX8Xaq0

This photograph taken 25 years ago may hold the key to finding out what happened to missing Ben Needham, police have revealed
attachment.php

Attachments

• 38E05A3200000578-3811198-image-a-17_1475058661963.jpg
    38E05A3200000578-3811198-image-a-17_1475058661963.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 133
Hey all. I watched a documentary which it was filmed in 2001 about the disappearance. (On you tube). Bens grandad says that on the day or few days later Ben was missing, one of the construction workers told him Ben 'was gone taken by gypsies'. I wonder if it was the suspect/friend of suspect who told him this and if so putting the blame elsewhere.

Welcome to Ws Bear980!
Hopefully, we will soon learn what likely happened to little Ben.

I'm having a look at it on Google Streetview now, I hadn't realised how close it was to the road. I'd always pictured the are as very isolated.

Can anyone see the tree that they're referring to? Do we just have the one 1990's photo?

The big dark green one? Is that not the same big dark green one as the big dark green one in the 1991 photo?

I'm not sure, the angle was awkward. In the pic from 91 there are 2 trees, I'm not sure if they are still there, or if this is one of them. Couldn't see much further into the field.

British police have discovered an area of decomposition that could be the body of the missing toddler Ben Needham.
Officers from South Yorkshire police have sent soil samples from the area to a laboratory in Aberdeen.

They have found other traces of organic decomposition on the site, but they turned out to be the remains of a pet dog that was buried in a shallow grave, and the body of a bat

“There’s another area of decomposition that has not been ruled out and that is what we are working on,” said Detective Inspector Jon Cousins. “There are nutrients in the soil that are consistent with the decomposition of something. The scientists have been unable to determine what it is.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...hing-for-missing-toddler-ben-needham-find-tr/

British police have discovered an area of decomposition that could be the body of the missing toddler Ben Needham.
Officers from South Yorkshire police have sent soil samples from the area to a laboratory in Aberdeen.

They have found other traces of organic decomposition on the site, but they turned out to be the remains of a pet dog that was buried in a shallow grave, and the body of a bat

“There’s another area of decomposition that has not been ruled out and that is what we are working on,” said Detective Inspector Jon Cousins. “There are nutrients in the soil that are consistent with the decomposition of something. The scientists have been unable to determine what it is.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...hing-for-missing-toddler-ben-needham-find-tr/

Thank you for this update. I don't know what to think of this news surely there would be some remains of Ben even though he was only little and after all this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back