Greece Greece - Ben Needham, 21 mos, Isle of Kos, 24 July 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Excellent video Pisces, many thanks.

The shorts and toys are crucial to the evidence - I really dont remember hearing about them at the time, which is bad, considering that they were so important.

So, if this was an abduction, someone took a risk, grabbing the shorts from the tree - but they would have needed to take them, if they wanted to take Ben somewhere public, such as straight onto a ferry.

I wonder how close to the road the tree was - ie; was the tree in line of sight from the farmhouse door and patio area were Ben was playing or was it on the side of the house, in line of sight of the main roadway.
So Ben could have wandered down towards the end of the drive ( carrying his toys ) and been snatched and the person or persons could also see his shorts on the tree, which they had to retrieve.
But it could not have been too close, otherwise the family dog would have barked with a stranger approaching ?

I suppose it is also just possible that the digger accident happened - but in that case, someone had to then go up to the farmhouse and take the shorts ( still assuming Ben was carrying the toys with him ) in order to make it look like Ben had been abducted.
Perhaps not such a huge risk for this person because, if seen, they could just say they were coming up to check on something or other ( having already put the shorts into their pocket to dispose of later ).

Some of the article is a re hash of last week's reporting....but the interesting part for me ( you can see the exact distance in the pics ) is this;

Pictures show the olive grove in Kos where police believe they may finally discover the remains of missing Ben Needham - just yards from the farm house his family was staying in

Surely this area would/should have been covered at the time - ?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amily-staying-Greek-island.html#ixzz4Knq1BEvr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

According to our morning TV (Good Morning Britain to be precise) the preparations are made and digging on two seperate sites are due to start later on this morning (it's 8am here)

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

ITV lunchtime news shows British police conducting a fingertip search of almost an acre of land, though the reporter said they have two specific areas of interest they're not releasing. All bone fragments etc are being collecting and sent for analysing. They were finding bones with almost every step from animals and all sorts the reporter said.

An interview with Ben's mum showed her saying she hopes they don't find anything as it means he could be out there alive somewhere.

Poor woman, My heart really does go out to her. The anguish in her eyes is heartbreaking.

Sorry if that seems a bit abrupt, my tv pause isn't working so I was trying to type out the key parts as it was aired.

Thanks for the updates Ekkwhine

The new site is behind the farmhouse in an olive grove, just a few hundred yards from where the original dig took place.

Forensic teams will section the area and place a forensic tent over squares of land, before moving on to the next area. An anthropologist will be on hand to determine if any bones discovered are animal or otherwise. If anything is found it will be sent for analysis, which could take a number of days. The whole operation could take ten to twelve days.

A second site earmarked as a possible burial ground may be excavated depending on results at the first dig. No location has been revealed for the second potential area.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/20...ble-burial-site-for-ben-needhams-body-begins/

Thank you Alyce and Ekkwhine, for the reporting.

I don't know what to wish for - his bones to be found finally an end to the suffering, or nothing found and continued hope for the family.

Thank you Alyce and Ekkwhine, for the reporting.

I don't know what to wish for - his bones to be found finally an end to the suffering, or nothing found and continued hope for the family.

Me neither, it just has to end one way or the other. It would be great if this renewed media interest led to (now 27 year old) Ben recognising himself, but the police seem to be taking this latest lead very seriously indeed. And why would Dino's pal drop him in after his death aside from just wanting the truth to come out. I think they really might find him but I'm so worried for Kerry if they do, the aftermath will be horrific. Brace yourselves....

From the same DM article - that's a lot of independent witnesses, but no mention of whether or not this family was ever questioned.

December 2013: Ben's mother accuses then-Prime Minister David Cameron of not giving her case the same backing ********. It comes as a dossier is produced containing reports from eight witnesses, none of who know each other, who all saw a boy possibly matching Ben's description with the same Greek family.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...toddler-s-clothes-dig-body.html#ixzz4LRGt4JnV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I just came to post about the fabric but I see it's already up. Poor kerry Needham, she must be in absolute bits

It doesn't make sense to me. If he was killed and at the same time pushed under by a digger, and died there, shouldn't they find his complete skeleton right there with the fabric? Or are there animals who would dig the body up and scatter the bones and clothes? In which case bones and fabric should have been on the surface, not buried, and found long ago. I doubt the fabric is from Ben's clothing.

I agree Elainera. This area was surely searched back then - it is right behind the farmhouse. And at that time, any indications of a body and clothing would have been found.

I still think Ben was abducted. Otherwise the missing shorts dont make sense. Not as if a 21 month old child could take them down from a tree.

I agree Elainera. This area was surely searched back then - it is right behind the farmhouse. And at that time, any indications of a body and clothing would have been found.

I still think Ben was abducted. Otherwise the missing shorts dont make sense. Not as if a 21 month old child could take them down from a tree.

Who's to say old Dino didn't take them to make it looks like an abduction?

It doesn't make sense to me. If he was killed and at the same time pushed under by a digger, and died there, shouldn't they find his complete skeleton right there with the fabric? Or are there animals who would dig the body up and scatter the bones and clothes? In which case bones and fabric should have been on the surface, not buried, and found long ago. I doubt the fabric is from Ben's clothing.

I'm wondering the same I just hope they can definitively know what happened to Ben the not knowing must be absolute torture. Any news updates are much appreciated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back