Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Media outlets in Greece and France have named the suspect, but only show a pixelated photo. Does anyone local know if this is commonplace? US outlets aren’t naming him yet, but I think once they do his face will be plastered everywhere.

(my opinion only)

Actually the local Cretan media and the national Greek MSM hasn't named the perp AFAIK
This makes sense as he hasn't been indicted yet

The laborer allegedly helped the murderer to transfer and hide the body in the bunker.

In the hands of police is reportedly also a foreign laborer who was working for the 27-year-old farmer. The laborer allegedly helped the murderer to transfer and hide the body in the bunker.

Police questioning son of a priest in murder of American biologist Suzanne Eaton in Greece

Was that excerpt in the article itself?
I only see it in one of the comments, not the article itself.

Κρήτη: Κακοποιήθηκε σεξουαλικά η 60χρονη Αμερικανίδα | Kathimerini

Σύμφωνα με την Αστυνομία, στην υπόθεση από τα μέχρι και τώρα στοιχεία δεν εμπλέκεται και άλλο πρόσωπο.

According to the police, in this case, based on the current (known) evidence, there is not another person involved.

(my translation only)

This video was posted to YT by NEA, which is a local Cretan TV News station.
The video is mostly about how shocked neighbors are in Maleme and Kissamos.
But it answers a question I had as to why he was living in Kissamos (when we know he was born and raised in Maleme).
At around 2:20-2:30 the reporter says "for the last five years he was living in Kissamos at his wife's paternal home" (my translation only).

(my speculative question only): Was this the car used in the crime?

paraskakis-660x330.jpg

Δολοφονία Αμερικανίδας βιολόγου: Αυτό είναι το προφίλ του δολοφόνου

From the link:
'The suspect reported that on July 2 2019 … motivated by the intention to commit sexual assault, he hit her twice with his car to stop her,' she said.

'According to his claims, he placed the victim, unconscious, in the boot of his car and transferred her to a ventilation drain in the wartime storage (tunnel), where after raping her, abandoned her there.'

--

I'm confused on the order of events. This makes it sound as if he dropped her into the bunker while still alive and then went into the cave to rape her there. IIRC the hole is 60 ft above the floor of the tunnel. Would she survive a fall of that distance? Did he use a rope to lower her? Or does this mean that he carried her into the tunnel instead of using the air shaft? At what point did he cover her with burlap? I'm also confused on if his employee helped or not. The above seems to indicate he suffocated her in the bunker, which would mean there was no moving of her body after she died.

:eek::confused::mad:

MOO.

He was a ticking timebomb.

Local police sources cited by Cretalive told the website officers also received information relating to a past incident involving the suspect, which was never reported to the authorities. No further details were provided on what that incident was.

Camera footage revealed suspect in American scientist's murder | Kathimerini

Seems to always be the trend. Incidences reported. Incidences unreported. Regardless, there’s always stuff preceding the final vile act.

Maybe that's why they said he was a known peeping tom.

Whatever it is, they're not saying yet.

Το στοιχείο αυτό σε συνδυασμό με μία εμπιστευτική πληροφορία που αφορά σε κάποιο περιστατικό του παρελθόντος, το οποίο όμως δεν καταγγέλθηκε ποτέ στην Αστυνομία αλλά …ανασύρθηκε τώρα στην επιφάνεια, δρομολόγησε τις εξελίξεις της προσαγωγής του.

Κρήτη: Ο 27χρονος βίασε και σκότωσε την Αμερικανίδα βιολόγο

I'm also confused on if his employee helped or not.

Based on what I've read it sounds like LE thinks (based on current evidence) he acted alone. MOO

my earlier post:

Κρήτη: Κακοποιήθηκε σεξουαλικά η 60χρονη Αμερικανίδα | Kathimerini

Σύμφωνα με την Αστυνομία, στην υπόθεση από τα μέχρι και τώρα στοιχεία δεν εμπλέκεται και άλλο πρόσωπο.

According to the police, in this case, based on the current (known) evidence, there is not another person involved.

(my translation only)

Based on what I've read it sounds like LE thinks (based on current evidence) he acted alone. MOO

my earlier post:

Thank you Patrick Jane. Info in this case keeps changing, it is hard to keep up. Perhaps it was only a rumor about the employee that the news jumped to report on before getting the facts right?

MOO.

“A high-level police source who spoke to ABC News on the condition of anonymity said a security camera in the area where Eaton's body was found captured images of the suspect's vehicle, a key piece of evidence that ultimately led police to him."

Interesting...

ETA: I believe this was the crucial piece of evidence police were referring to.
BBM. There's no doubt that the surveillance video of his car was key. A couple of days ago, news articles mentioned an undisclosed piece of evidence that was found in the cave with Suzanne's body that could be crucial. Today they published some more info:

The ELAS Forensic Laboratories will, however, give the final answer to the question of whether the killer had made another mistake: The Workshops have transferred an object that has people who have served in the Air Force and was found at the point where the body was found . It remains to be seen if it was a random finding or whether it belongs to the 27-year-old and was used to transport the body. The 27-year-old, however, has served in the Air Force.

Δολοφόνος της Σούζαν Ιτον : Θα έκανα τα ίδια σε όποιον ή όποια έβρισκα μπροστά μου - ΤΑ ΝΕΑ

Apparently the police first became suspicious when he lied to them about not being in the bunker area recently, while his car was caught on video. Not a good idea to lie to the police. Automatic translation:

When he found himself in front of the police, young Haniotis, a son of a priest and father of two young children, reportedly fell into the first major contradiction. While his car was recorded to move to the area on the day of the disappearance (and murder of Suzanne), he claimed to have visited the area about a month. This response hit a "bell" to the police officers who realized something was hiding.

Δολοφόνος της Σούζαν Ιτον : Θα έκανα τα ίδια σε όποιον ή όποια έβρισκα μπροστά μου - ΤΑ ΝΕΑ

Pictured: Local farmer, 27, accused of murdering American biologist on Greek island | Daily Mail Online

Dr. Eaton's family paid heartfelt tributes to her earlier in the week.

Her mother, son Max, brother Rob and her sister have broken their silence to remember the 59-year-old scientist who was suffocated and stabbed after going out walking.

Her mother Glynda said: ‘She was a devoted wife and mother, and dearly loved by her family.

‘From the day Suzanne was brought to me right after she was born - stuffed into a red Christmas stocking, December 23 - not drowsy and sleepy but with her head up, her eyes alert, that interest in everything around her has never changed.

‘It has been a joy to share her love of books and music, to observe the combination of a certain flamboyancy with a calm, thoughtful, steady personality.

‘Her accomplishments are many and varied: avid gardener, accomplished pianist, black belt in Taekwondo, and of course her contributions to developmental biology.’

One of her two sons Max added that he would always ‘cherish’ her memory.

He added: ‘My mother was a remarkable woman.

---

This just made me well up.

Suzanne_Eaton.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads