Greta - OTR Wed., 12/17/08 **J.Baez Guest**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Baden's final remarks re: Greta saying it's hard to maintain the presumption of innocence for Casey-- "there's degree of culpability-- and whether somebody else was also involved..."

Isn't Baden on the defense team? Nothing like admitting your client is guilty on national TV. :eek:

Somewhere on this forum is the total rain amounts for the days in June and July up until Hurricane Faye. I live in Florida- approximately 2 hrs from the crime scene and i personally do not remember much rain in June and July. Quite a twist I think- Like Phil Keating said- LE either missed it or someone just put the body there or moved it- Is it a possibility the body was someplace else and someone moved it to that area when the hurricane came through so it would be covered with water? Is there an accomplice? Could she have told someone when she was out on bail what happened and asked them to move it? If LE searched that area with the dogs and there was no water as stated tonight, the dogs would not have missed it I dont gather- its getting worse and worse

Why couldn't the bag have floated down to this area from somewhere else close by after the hurricanes and rain? Or perhaps animals drug the bag here since the bag didn't appear sealed anymore and parts are scattered? I don't see why the only explanation is that someone moved the body to this spot. How about animals or floating?

Exactly!!!

Many have described it as an area that takes storm drain runoff, and so it floods and recedes often and there has been a LOT of rain. So it makes sense that both water and animal activity could have moved bones across almost an acre. That takes some time.

Also, the reason why LE may have been removing palmettos and shrubs is that remains could be trapped within them, deposited and left from the last flooding.

Phil Keating...Aug 5th sent a photographer into the area...absolutely no water! None and no odor. Suggests remains could have been moved there recently.

I think the FBI is going to prove otherwise and it was there.

This is an interesting site.

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/excavation.html

Collection of unburied surface remains
Exposure to the climate accelerates decomposition and destruction and thus it is essential that unburied bodies be removed as soon as possible. Buried bodies are usually not accessible to animals, insects or changes in surface temperature, therefore, the rate of decomposition relies solely on the activity of microorganisms and soil structure. In the case of single or shallow graves, the process of decomposition is usually more rapid, while in mass graves — where bodies are usually packed very tightly and there is little oxygen to promote growth of organisms and decomposition— the bodies may stay well preserved. Unburied bodies are exposed not only to the destructive effects of climate but also animal activity. The potential for animals to destroy or scatter body parts increases with time. The number of bones missing directly correlates to the time elapsed since death. Exposure to environmental elements for prolonged periods also decreases the prospects of positive identification.

I also read that when a body has been placed in a plastic bag it will seal the odor in until the animals come along later and disturbs it. By that time many times decomposition is in its last stages and the smell would no longer be putrid.

imoo

Exactly how long after death should one be smelling decomposition? On August 5 it had been 50 days, or seven weeks. I submit that at that point there would be very little odor - if any.

In that length of time and the fact she was in two closed garbage bags, I doubt there would be any odor.

Sounds like Fox is doing that generally, e.g., GR and makes me think Fox is funding the Defense.

GVS backed off this case for weeks, it wasn't just politics that got in the way and, GR was the only one with coverage but it was always JB.

GVS is now presenting the Defense side and, while there are claims on both sides -- that the crime scene was flooded and not flooded --- spinning the body was not there previously just kicks the whole thing up a few more notches.

I am certain the forensics and the bones being scattered will show both animal and water activity moved them but -- this spin in defense of the defense by Fox is intriguing. Benefactor? $$$$$$$

There was some speculation very early on about who was funding JB and there was mention of a well-known journalist. I had almost forgotten about that until you mentioned a benefactor.

I respect Dr. B but really I don't believe everything he says not everything the other experts say that have been on news shows recently - because...you can tell that they really don't know all the info like we do here. Those experts just coming into this case would have days, days of reading to catch up with WS'ers.

Isn't Baden on the defense team? Nothing like admitting your client is guilty on national TV. :eek:

That was her husband talking. She says they don't talk about it-but she watches what he says on tv and sometimes disagrees!

I've decided not to get sucked into this water/no water bs. The prosecution will shoot it down in two seconds flat --
I agree with you. I was actually more interested in if she'd at least tried to bury Caylee or just set the bag under a palmetto and drove away. There's no doubt in my mind who did the deed. MOO

Why couldn't the bag have floated down to this area from somewhere else close by after the hurricanes and rain? Or perhaps animals drug the bag here since the bag didn't appear sealed anymore and parts are scattered? I don't see why the only explanation is that someone moved the body to this spot. How about animals or floating?

That may be exactly what happened.

Maybe That's why theres such a long trail of bones.

I don't think the spot where the bag was found was the spot that Casey dumped it at...If so then she buried it

I personally dont believe anything Fox says. They spend more time spinning things for the defense then for justice for Caylee.JMO

I completely agree! They're very JB friendly and have spent countless hours interviewing the A's and touring their home. I've always loved Greta but to be honest, I'm finding Fox's coverage somewhat skewed. Between JB's frequent appearances and as cuppy said above, their "spinning things for the defense" it makes me suspect.

Reporting that the Ground was not flooded on Aug 5th

Fox news had a camera less than 35 feet away from spot were bag was found & they did not notice any water nor did they smell any human decomp.

I watched Phil earlier today say it was 75 yards away.

Does anyone have a link to a picture of Casey's defense team.

Exactly how long after death should one be smelling decomposition? On August 5 it had been 50 days, or seven weeks. I submit that at that point there would be very little odor - if any.

Then how come the car would stink after so many days of decomp??

There was some speculation very early on about who was funding JB and there was mention of a well-known journalist. I had almost forgotten about that until you mentioned a benefactor.
I'm not going to name names but there is one journalist who has a show on the weekends on that channel who admittedly is close friends with JB. :eek: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt