Tissues, paper towel

Cereals, grains, beans, lentils, pasta

Tinned food – fish, vegetables, fruit

Oil, spices and flavours

Dried fruit and nuts

Ultra-heat treated or powdered milk

Soft drink or candy/chocolate for treats

Pet food and care

Source: Virology Down Under by University of Queensland virologists Dr Ian Mackay and Dr Katherine Arden

Stark warning to Australians to stock up on food and supplies before coronavirus becomes pandemic | Daily Mail Online

My husband just told me at the store they were out of fresh veggies and almost all flour was gone. Tomorrow I plan on getting more items. I'm afraid they won't be able to stock the shelves quick enough. This was near Duino.
I would just grab whatever you can. We may have to forgo the fresh veggies if they are not available. Are canned or frozen vegetables readily available in your area?

My small grocery store was so full of food. It's one you go by on foot. I'm guessing it's easier to stock up with using a car At a bigger chain. . But this morning I've never seen it have so much meat. Sometimes I will have to go to a couple stores looking for chicken. It was very odd. I wonder if they ordered more . We still have tourist in the city. They seem lost. Nothing is open but they can shop I guess or get coffee.

had dinner with my friend last night. She is determined to go on her early April Caribbean cruise. I wish she wouldn't, but she has the facts and is adamant she's going. Sigh.

Just got back from Wal-Mart, where I stocked up on TP, canned foods, cleaners and elderberry and zinc. I purchased the time-honored brown bottle of Lysol.

I also purchased a new product, a spray bottle of Micro-Ban. It claims to kill bacteria on surfaces for 24 hours. It also lists Coronavirus as one of the virus it kills. I don't usually buy such products (not a fan of hand sanitizers) but in this case ...

Holy smokes! I went to get a link to the Microban. Amazon lists it for $42.99 for 32 ounces. I paid $3.94 at Wal-Mart. Be careful out there!

The other issue is that almost every country in the world will have masks/PPE shortages at the same time!
Went mask shopping this morning. None to be found at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.... Found and bought 3M N95 masks at a Sherwin Williams Paint store. Thank you to whoever posted this mask shopping tip earlier in this thread.......moo

@cody22 Which model of n95 did you get?

I have some n95 8200 masks which say they are for sanding and paint fumes.

Last night I posted about ordering some n95 8210v masks which are out stock but I was allowed to backorder -- will see if they ever arrive.

I'v noticed that the masks we see in the news images seem to be the flimsy kind that have pleats and do not make any kind of seal around the edges. Are those n95s too? And are they doing those people any good or just creating a false sense of safety?

A few days ago on this thread someone posted a link to which models of n95 are better for viruses. I've been searching back but can't find it. Does anyone remember who posted it or where I can find that link? TIA

Last edited:

Last night I posted about ordering some n95 8210v masks which are out stock but I was allowed to backorder -- will see if they ever arrive.

I'v noticed that the masks we see in the news images seem to be the flimsy kind that have pleats and do not make any kind of seal around the edges. Are those n95s too? And are they doing those people any good or just creating a false sense of safety?

A few days ago on this thread someone posted a link to which models of n95 are better for viruses. I've been searching back but can't find it. Does anyone remember who posted it or where I can find that link? TIA
3M 8511 N95...... It was the only kind they had. They had four 5pack boxes left on the shelf when I left the store....$18.98 per box......moo

From what I have gleaned reading about masks, N95 means it’s not oil proof (N) and will trap 95% of particulates. NIOSH approved N95 meets CDC guidelines for M tuberculosis exposure.

P100 cartridges are oil proof (P) and trap 99.97% of particulates. (Maybe 99.95%, working from memory). Caveat on those is they have to be properly fitted and they are no fun to wear, worse than masks.
Viable viral efficiency of N95 and P100 respirator filters at constant and cyclic flow. - PubMed - NCBI

They make specialty health care n95 masks that meet different splash and splatter and bacterial resistance. They meet ASTM F2101 Good luck finding those.
3M™ Aura™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1870+, N95 120 EA/Case | 3M United States

CDC - NPPTL - NIOSH-Approved Particulate Filtering Facepiece Respirators

OK remember when you lovely people that I respect an admire with your amazing fact filled posts said we shouldn't panic yet , um, does that still stand? just checking
Ive been preparing for weeks...cant get enough food and tp lol. I am sincerely not impressed with who or cdc.jmo dont b scared b prepared...tho its already to late for masks it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli