Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty cool - how to make your own hand sanitizer:

Ingredients

2/3 c. rubbing alcohol that is at least 99 percent isopropyl alcohol (some recipes call for cheap vodka, but that’s roughly 40 percent, not strong enough). Cost: $2

1/3 c. aloe vera gel or vegetable glycerin (available at PCC and most drugstores, usually in the beauty aisles). Cost: $4-$7

Mix well in a clean bowl. Add 10 drops essential oils for nice smell (we recommend lavender because it’s not bad for your skin; some essential oils are not good on skin, but add $12 if you're buying the lovely lavender scent from Dandelion Botanicals in Ballard). Rub a generous amount of the mixture all over your hands, and let it dry.

Total cost: $6-$21

Purell is low in Seattle. How to make your own hand sanitizer

Infectious disease experts urge Americans age 60 and older to reconsider their usual activities

avoiding activities that involve large crowds - shopping at crowded malls

Maybe we can get Costco to have High-Risk Hours, where they let in one high-risk person every 5 minutes.....

Something like between 1 and 4:30 pm - sort of like the earlybirds in restaurants

Maybe we can get Costco to have High-Risk Hours, where they let in one high-risk person every 5 minutes.....

Something like between 1 and 4:30 pm - sort of like the earlybirds in restaurants

Soon we will have appointments for shopping.

Honestly, I haven't been in a grocery store in years. I've been using Shop at Home Grocery delivery. Love my ShopRite and Peapod deliveries right to my kitchen table.

Soon we will have appointments for shopping.

Honestly, I haven't been in a grocery store in years. I've been using Shop at Home Grocery delivery. Love my ShopRite and Peapod deliveries right to my kitchen table.

I was thinking about how to ask my grocery delivery shopper and driver to make sure he/she washes his/her hands, but figured that would be highly offensive lol. I don’t like the idea of someone else touching all my stuff, but I’ve figured it’s the lesser of the two evils, go be in a crowded store, or take chances with a delivery driver. I can always wipe down the items when they arrive.

Last edited:
Macy's at the Tacoma Mall has shut down temporarily because of a positive coronavirus case among its workers. In a statement in response to questions, the retailer told The News Tribune late Tuesday: “A Macy's colleague at Macy's Tacoma Mall in Tacoma, Washington has tested positive for the coronavirus.”14 hours ago

Macy's at Tacoma Mall temporarily closed by coronavirus case ...

Might I please recommend potatoes to your lists of goods ( @Cody 22 and everyone). They are cheap, filling, provide sustenance, delicious, comforting, and last a while. I’ve been on the Covid diet for a few weeks now trying to get my groove, and potatoes (and tortillas as you all mentioned) are where it’s at, moo. I use the tortillas in infinite ways (hopefully not as toilet paper as one poster mentioned haha).

Seriously, I highly recommend potatoes because you can do sooo much with them...potato soup, baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, mashed potatoes, hash browns, burritos, stew, chips, casseroles...

ETA: Omg how could I forget tater tots...Maybe I can make those! Happy dance

Breakfast sausage is also inexpensive and you can do a lot with that too. I’m doing browned ground sausage with sausage and cheese right now (froze a big bag of grated cheese and treating it like gold...very carefully only using a little cheese, normally I’d douse the whole thing in it. Out of (gluten free) tortillas already though so no more breakfast burritos booooooo.....would kill for some of @Tbone144 ‘s homemade salsa right now.

Last edited:
Macy's at the Tacoma Mall has shut down temporarily because of a positive coronavirus case among its workers. In a statement in response to questions, the retailer told The News Tribune late Tuesday: “A Macy's colleague at Macy's Tacoma Mall in Tacoma, Washington has tested positive for the coronavirus.”14 hours ago

Macy's at Tacoma Mall temporarily closed by coronavirus case ...

Now, imagine if you shopped at this store recently. I’m in the same situation from the WMT employee in KY. I know how people will feel, they will be terrified. All we can do is wait & remain in isolation. For me the fear is compounded as I suffer from seasonal allergies that can cause me to feel “unwell”. Of course pollen count is high so allergy symptoms are high.
I hope this person was not sick & continuing to work like the WMT employee in KY. I have zero faith a large box or department store can be sanitized, either. What would that entail? Removing ALL merchandise?

Might I please recommend potatoes to your lists of goods ( @Cody 22 and everyone). They are cheap, filling, provide sustenance, delicious, comforting, and last a while. I’ve been on the Covid diet for a few weeks now trying to get my groove, and potatoes (and tortillas as you all mentioned) are where it’s at, moo. I use the tortillas in infinite ways (hopefully not as toilet paper as one poster mentioned haha).

Seriously, I highly recommend potatoes because you can do sooo much with them...potato soup, baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, mashed potatoes, hash browns, burritos, stew, chips, casseroles...

ETA: Omg how could I forget tater tots...Maybe I can make those! Happy dance

Breakfast sausage is also inexpensive and you can do a lot with that too. I’m doing potatoes with browned ground sausage and cheese right now (froze a big bag or grated cheese and treating it like gold...very carefully only using a little normally I’d douse the whole thing in it. (Out of (gluten free) tortillas already though booooooo.....would kill for some of @Tbone144 ‘s homemade salsa right now.
Baked potatoes also good to give to the homeless especially in cold weather, put each potato in a fresh sock one for each pocket, to help keep hands warm, nutritious, delicious and no need to eat them immediately - but when finished, voila- a new pair of socks!
Group handing out hot potatoes to homeless

Baked potatoes also good to give to the homeless especially in cold weather, put each potato in a fresh sock one for each pocket, to help keep hands warm, nutritious, delicious and no need to eat them immediately - but when finished, voila- a new pair of socks!
Group handing out hot potatoes to homeless
Man that is perfect !!! I will be doing that at the start of next winter Thank you Dotr!

I was just going to put my pandemic PeaPod grocery delivery order in and, in the past, have always had the option for the next day.

Nope, all delivery dates and times are sold out until Saturday!

I was just going to put my pandemic PeaPod grocery delivery order in and, in the past, have always had the option for the next day.

Nope, all delivery dates and times are sold out until Saturday!

schedule for pickup if possible. they bring it out to your car. I was able to order this morning for my husband to pick up tonight.

schedule for pickup if possible. they bring it out to your car. I was able to order this morning for my husband to pick up tonight.

I don't have a Stop-n-Shop store near me. I use PeaPod and ShopRite, which does have a store near me but I will wait until Saturday for delivery.

Constable told me that he was called to help last night at the local DG when “out of towners” came in a group and just started raking stuff off shelves with their arms into multiple buggies.
What the heck?! Has the world gone crazy?

(It’s a small community of about 1000 people - 80 miles from a big city. And the manager/employees know the regulars by name. When he checked driver’s licenses - they lived two counties away!)

Last edited:
Constable told me that he was called to help last night at the local DG when “out of towners” came in a group and just started raking stuff off shelves with their arms into multiple buggies.
What the heck?! Has the world gone crazy?

This is just the beginning of people going mad, I’m afraid. Jmo. Moooooo

Anyone watch the show Supernatural? I love it...but little did I know that when Future Chuck gave this message it would come to fruition! LOL

"Some free advice: you ever get back there, you hoard toilet paper. You understand me? Hoard it. Hoard it like it's made of gold... 'cause it is."

Attachments

• supernatural2.jpg
    supernatural2.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 13
Anyone watch the show Supernatural? I love it...but little did I know that when Future Chuck gave this message it would come to fruition! LOL

"Some free advice: you ever get back there, you hoard toilet paper. You understand me? Hoard it. Hoard it like it's made of gold... 'cause it is."

My ex has a grandmother who is a real life hoarder. Her garage is filled to the brim with toilet paper. That’s the backup plan if I run out which is a real possibility. I didn’t hoard any. I just bought a few extra packs but we go through them quickly.

My ex has a grandmother who is a real life hoarder. Her garage is filled to the brim with toilet paper. That’s the backup plan if I run out which is a real possibility. I didn’t hoard any. I just bought a few extra packs but we go through them quickly.

Heh! Maybe she's out peddling her stash. :) I'm not sure why folks are buying so much tp. It's a repiratory illness. Diarrhea isn't one of the symptoms.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus#section-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members