Ground Searches & communication from LE: UPDATES

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just read that a well-trained human cadaver dog, will not hit on animal decomp. Well trained human cadaver dogs is the key phrase.

and I just read your post as well SS, thankyou

Uh oh, reality is calling. LOL....please keep thread updated guys...I will want to read it later.

The article is from the Baker County Press and it indicated a "local" family member (the one I posted earlier). This tells me it was someone related to Crystal's side and it was not one of the 4,000 tips that came in, but someone they finally interviewed with some inside knowledge.

This could be a very solid lead in finding Haleigh.

The article is from the Baker County Press and it indicated a "local" family member (the one I posted earlier). This tells me it was someone related to Crystal's side and it was not one of the 4,000 tips that came in, but someone they finally interviewed with some inside knowledge.

This could be a very solid lead in finding Haleigh.

It said "property owners". I take it it means Marie and her husband and some other relative who owns the other property searched there? At least Marie and hubby must have been interviewed several times before this.

One of the articles said they started the searches at 10am.

A new article was posted at 4pm stating
Search teams have finished a thorough search of Haleigh Cummings' grandmother's property, and are now searching another relative's property nearby.

It also commented that the search in Baker County was continuing at a different relatives property - a 25-acre tract.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=140562&provider=top

What I don't understand is how Marie's property, all 28.96 acres was searched so fast? I would think that would take all day into the evening. Or at least two days. How did they search the property so quickly?

I remember when the dog trainor appeared on NG and confirmed that cadavear dogs are trained to hit on human remains only; so why would the searchers dig be interested in digging anywhere else on the property? I am glad the search is on again and the property belonging to CS's family is being searched again because someone could have killed and buried Haleigh there to frame the Sheffields.

I wondered the same, atherella. How long did they take to search other areas of similar size? Four hours seems short to me but I guess it can be done fast if there are enough people and dogs and technology to help. I dunno... if it was up to me I'd still have huge search crews all around Putnam co and the surrounding areas and the people who count how much it all costs would hate me.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...s_in_haleigh_case_covers_moms_family_property

"We searched just about everything and came up empty," Piscitello said.

A forensic archaeologist said all the bones excavated by backhoes and manpower were animal in origin. Piscitello said the Florida Department of Law Enforcement did a preliminary search of Sheffield's home the day Haleigh went missing, but this was the first full-scale investigation at the property.

Authorities from Putnam, Baker and Duval counties and the FDLE, clad in wide-brimmed hats and protective clothing, braved the 90-degree heat and tall grass for about four hours. Members of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office dive team and cadaver-sniffing dogs were also called in to assist.

Guys I just want to say, I know this wants to seem promising for many of us, but I think it is important not to make assumptions or get carried away. Please remember the dumpster search done in Satsuma.

Although it might make sense to many posters that LE is out searching and digging in Baker County, if you go to the link on the first article you will read that they are searching there because of family statements that they buried their dead animals on the property and they are searching to be sure that is all that is there.

In another article I read, it was they were searching because of a tip. They are also checking out another property.

I remember when the dog trainor appeared on NG and confirmed that cadavear dogs are trained to hit on human remains only; so why would the searchers dig be interested in digging anywhere else on the property? I am glad the search is on again and the property belonging to CS's family is being searched again because someone could have killed and buried Haleigh there to frame the Sheffields.

I don't suppose there'd be much point in digging randomly in places where the earth and the plants don't look like they've been disturbed lately and the cadaver dogs don't hit. It'd be a needle in a haystack.

Donjeta I might be a southern girl but I find myself wondering what might be off kilter for an animal to be buried on the property. Does anyone reading here have a farm or...have insight as to what happens with large farm animals when they die? Do you bury them on the farm or does someone come and take them away? Don't laugh I am having a airhead moment.

I can tell you on my property outside of dogs,cats, and birds that are buried I also buried a horse, pig, goats, and sheep. Mostly babies on the goats/sheep except one large goat. The rest of my animals will be buried here as well.

In another article I read, it was they were searching because of a tip. They are also checking out another property.

I reckon it counts as a tip if family members tell about places they've done digging in. You never know, anyone might take advantage of such and bury other things there.

I for one am glad that LE takes every tip serious enough to investigate thoroughly.....Detective Dominic Piscitello is more than capable and very open minded

"Kim Picazio, a South Florida attorney who is representing Sheffield for free, said her client's family requested the search a few weeks ago to dispel any lingering accusations against Haleigh's mother."

This is from the Jacksonville article...I just copied and pasted this sentence.

"Kim Picazio, a South Florida attorney who is representing Sheffield for free, said her client's family requested the search a few weeks ago to dispel any lingering accusations against Haleigh's mother."

She's definitely right that the search needed to be done but IMO she may be overly optimistic about the end result. If it turns up nothing like it now looks like it just shows that Haleigh isn't buried on that property, it doesn't really clear anyone because everybody could have taken her to some other location.

Of course, KP is going to try to spin the searches. Do I believe her? No way!

I do believe someone in the family did request them...but not a chance that this was done to dispel lingering accusations with the manpower they have on this. There is a lot more to it and KP can try to make people believe her clients asked for it...but I am not falling for it.

:waitasec: Yes. I am sure that if LE finds Haleigh there...the first thought would be someone framed them.

:waitasec: Yes. I am sure that if LE finds Haleigh there...the first thought would be someone framed them.

That comment is so off topic and based on not one shred of evidence.....shall I flag your post for review?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkbuchanan1983
Back