Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the link:

Segura acknowledged that his group has not done much fundraising prior to seeking $200,000 to build the Suburban Drive memorial. He insists the project is legitimate and will get built, as long as Orange County commissioners rezone the land to allow the memorial. If the project does not proceed, donors who purchase bricks will be refunded a portion of their donation, and other donations may not be returned, according to the group's website.

Oh my. I think this is WAY worse than what happened with Kidfinders. JMO.

George, Cindy Anthony attend event where group reveals plans for Caylee Anthony memorial

The Anthonys said they hadn't seen the plans before Tuesday's unveiling, but that they'd support a memorial if it were done tastefully.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...orial-plans-revealed-20110808,0,2265952.story

But....but....I thought they said.........

3/24/2009

Meanwhile, Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, invited WESH 2 News to their home Tuesday.

They are taking a stand against a permanent memorial to Caylee along Suburban Drive.

The Anthonys also said they would like to see a park where children can play as the permanent memorial to Caylee.

"This is the kind of tribute I would rather see, not down at the end of the street" George Anthony said.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19002036/detail.html#ixzz1UbZVvwlF

Whatever could have made them change their minds, I wonder?

Thanks!~ I didn't even think of that ... the area residents will have a BIG say in whether it's zoned for it or not ....

Now how can this NP organization solicit funds for a project that hasn't been approved? What if it's not approved? Do the funds go back to those who donated, or does the organization decide what to do with the money.

Something isn't right...

MOO

Mel

Now wait a damn minute! :maddening:

You bring up a VERY good point!

The Anthonys didn't even have the DECENCY to give Caylee's remains a FINAL RESTING PLACE in a cemetery...under a beautiful tree, or near a pond.....or ANYWHERE...

But NOW they want to CREATE a place with flashing strobe lights and cubby holes for the same wildlife that scattered her remains to nest in???? :banghead:

Time to go to bed...now I am beyond disgusted!!!

Huh? Wah?

flashing strobe lights and cubby holes for the same wildlife that scattered her remains to nest in????

OMG -- I gotta go see if I can find the plans.

Yikes!

Mel

Many many people have family members cremated and keep the ashes close to them in their home. Do those people also have no decency? I find your comment to be VERY offensive.

What one might find decence another might not. I do agree some people do keep some of their love ones ashes but I would bet most of them weren't murdered.I personally didnt find anything offensive about it.

Little ole' me thinks it was not wise nor smart to tempt the media with the comment that they have all made plenty off the story. JMHO

Gosh, and that sounds soooooooo like a certain family too.

Yep, made them sound envious. Like they want a piece of that action, read money , too. Yep, much like a certain family we know.

Ah, come on. Only one reason, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and they want a piece of the action, that is why they showed up.

I personally think they trying to align themselves with anyone or anything that gets attention. I thought a balloon and butterfly release would have been a nice sentiment in and of itself. IMPO, this is hallowed ground and should remain undisturbed. I could see why the As were initially skeptical (?) of this organization...they're just not passing the sniff test for me.

I personally think they trying to align themselves with anyone or anything that gets attention. I thought a balloon and butterfly release would have been a nice sentiment in and of itself. IMPO, this is hallowed ground and should remain undisturbed. I could see why the As were initially skeptical (?) of this organization...they're just not passing the sniff test for me.

BBM - ITA I saw a picture of Caylee's skeletal remains. It was easy to tell which bones were missing after the ME meticulously put her little body back together on the table. I do not want to look again and wish I had never looked at them.

I saw a lady tromping through the swampy area, I was hoping someone would tell her to stop because she could be stepping on Caylee's little bones.

IMO

Yep, definitely does not pass the sniff test. I already gave them a new name Bringbuckshome instead of Bringkidshome. They look like reincarnation of Kidfinders except worse.

Maybe it's my age or something, but a permanent memorial site being at a crime scene bothers me. To me, it's like making a memorial gravesite type thing at one of the spots where a victim of The Green River Killer was found. There should be one somewhere though. Too bad Caylee wasn't given an actual gravesite in a pretty section of a cemetary.

Not sure how to feel about this....

There are hundreds of children missing....
Most don't get a proper investigation, let alone a memorial......!!!!
Rest in peace, Caylee, may you also comfort the other children who are passed on...:)

Perhaps Kathi Belich should look into it .People who didn't follow this closely don't know about the Kidfinder's saga . If this is a scam it would be a great public service.

Actually Kathi Belich was there last night reporting. I am no fan of the Anthony's and to see them there last night was shocking (to say the least), HOWEVER...

It is was an "unveiling" for the plans for a proposed memorial, as well as a butterfly and balloon release to remember Caylee. It was beautiful and peaceful. The Memorial if it gets the "go ahead" will be absolutely beautiful (I have pictures but do not know how to upload them here). It is to remember Caylee and all the other missing children in Florida.

There were actual neighboors there who agreed with it. As it is now there is a makeshift memorial with cards, stuffed animals, balloons, plaques, etc, all floating in water and muck. People are visiting and leaving items, so why not have something designed rather than using the "swamp" that CFCA used. (Which by the way is flooded and smells horrible).

My point is, people are going to go there regardless, so why not make it tasteful and also bring awareness to all the other missing/abused children.

Again, I am NOT an Anthony supporter and whether they were there or not, me & my daughter were going and I'm glad we did!

RIP Caylee Marie!

Problem is unless all that property is developed along there, not just this one section, it will always be a swamp because the water has to go somewhere. jmo

Many many people have family members cremated and keep the ashes close to them in their home. Do those people also have no decency? I find your comment to be VERY offensive.

I dont know many. In my family people were cremated but buried.
I think people keeping cremains in their homes is quite rare. From my experience anyways.
Well, one was scattered at Sea but he loved the water and it was his wish.
So saying: many, many.....well, that hasn't been my experience. Just my :twocents:

Many many people have family members cremated and keep the ashes close to them in their home. Do those people also have no decency?

I would say NO since I am one of those people. My mother was cremated and her ashes are being kept in my father's home until the time he passes and is cremated....

So REALLY confused as to your last comment.....but will leave it at that.

I think people keeping cremains in their homes is quite rare. From my experience anyways.
So saying: many, many.....well, that hasn't been my experience. Just my :twocents:

Well, if you have many, many family members who were cremated I could see it getting a little crowded in your home. My husband wanted his ashes scattered at sea in Aruba. So that is what I did. I hired a boat and he took us far enough out to sea and we spread his ashes on the water. It depends on what your loved one wanted and what you feel comfortable with. The important part of him, his spirit, is still around. lol

My grandfather's ashes (on my mom's side) are on the mantle in my grandmother's house as we speak and have been there since his death 3 years ago.

My uncle's ashes (on my Dad's side) were thrown over a cliffside in a national park with some ashes kept by my grandmother in her house until her death. When she died two years later, my other uncle had both of their ashes put into a marble urn that is in his living room.

I generally don't get comfort from a cemetery...it's where dead things go. I would not want my child in a grave if I ever lost one. I know others feel differently, and I won't judge that, but the idea of seeing a grave as a loving comforting place is foreign to me, and I know many others who feel similarly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back