GUILTY/NOT GUILTY - KY - Logan Tipton, 6, stabbed to death, Versailles, 7 Dec 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A 6-year-old boy was stabbed to death on early Monday morning after a man allegedly broke into his family's Versailles, Kentucky, home and attacked him while he was sleeping, PEOPLE confirms.

Ronald Exantus, 32, is charged with murder and burglary for allegedly killing kindergartner Logan Tipton as he slept. He is being held at the Woodford County Detention Center on $1 million bail.

ETA. "I have discussed various things with him on two separate occasions this morning and he's not able to really discuss anything; he's not here," attorney Bridget Hofler told reporters following Exantus' arraignment on Monday, according to The Indianapolis Star.

So it's the mental,*he's not here* defense. But I think she may be right.

http://www.people.com/article/indiana-man-allegedly-confesses-stabbing-6-year-old-death-slept

bbm
Agree with you on that -- unless some info comes out which would help it all make sense (i.e., answers to, "Why that location?" "Why that family?" and "Why that little boy?").

I'm thinking about the Commonwealth Attorney now for Woodford County -- how in the world can s/he establish a motive for this horrible crime -- yes, we know that a motive is not required for a conviction, but it is always a big help to tie the suspect back to the victim/victim's family. It's a tuff road right now. And will this man be fit to be tried, or is he truly insane?

We are an impatient bunch, aren't we?? lol

Hundreds at vigil for slain Versailles boy

CVpcdm9WwAUevRi.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVpcdm9WwAUevRi.jpg
https://twitter.com/wlkyemily

Yes, one more little Angel joins the many who went up there far too soon. He'll have all the football he wants, and ice cream, and gummy worms, and cotton candy, and catching fish, and puppies, and on and on forever.

Just when you think you have heard about the most evil thing in your life, you hear this. This is truly evil at work. I know many people want to know what made him pick this house or if there is any connection to the perp and the victim, it is natural that we want this. If there is no connection then we are forced to face the fact that evil can reach out, at random, at any time and get us. But the truth is, it can and this is the most frightening thing to ponder.

I live in FL. We have sink holes, that open up under the homes and last year one killed a man as he was sleeping. He was there at a relatives home, for one night in a guest room. A sink hole opened up and took the whole floor to that bedroom, down 30 feet into a ravine and buried him alive. It scared me to think I could be sleeping in my bed and my bedroom floor could just fall out from under me, and I would fall to my death and be buried alive as I slept. This reminds me of that. But this is so much more chilling, because it is a man, that is possessed by evil and we don't understand how this could happen. I don't know how the family will heal from this.

I just found Logan's thread. Thank you, Tulessa, for calling his case to our attention.
Looking at his photos, and reading everything so far, has left me nearly speechless.
I can't make sense of any of this. :no:
Logan's sister epitomizes the heroic, unconditional love we all aspire to. For a child to be able to take such action is beyond amazing, and I hope she knows that her actions mattered, regardless of the ultimate outcome.

I honestly can NOT imagine the terror experienced in that home, as this perp invaded, attacked, hurt and ultimately murdered Little Logan. His image alone makes my skin crawl, and I'm an adult.

All I can think about at this juncture, are the victims: Logan's beaming smile, the thought of his family, teammates, classmates, and friends, trying to put the pieces back together without him. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. One look at him makes it clear (to me ) that Logan Tipton was one VERY special kid. The world is a lesser place without him.

He deserves to have his Justice - in whatever form that may be.

FCOL, he didn't make it to his 7th birthday! :tears:

:moo:

#JusticeForLogan

:floating:
:rose:
:angel:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thought is that if his family celebrates Christmas and believes in Santa Claus, I'll bet there are already some Santa presents for Logan hidden away. Now they will have to find some other little boy who would want them -- and there certainly are some, I'm sure, but the thought of presents for Logan just makes me weak with sorrow.

My thought is that if his family celebrates Christmas and believes in Santa Claus, I'll bet there are already some Santa presents for Logan hidden away. Now they will have to find some other little boy who would want them -- and there certainly are some, I'm sure, but the thought of presents for Logan just makes me weak with sorrow.
What a terribly sad thought. I think I read somewhere that they have not returned to this home. The thought of looking at my Christmas tree or any holiday trappings after such a horrific event would leave me devastated.
"Weak" is a very apt expression of what this case makes me feel. When I read the details I too felt weak. Weak and shaky and horrified beyond any words.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I live only minutes from this community, and I haven't been able to bring myself to watch or read anything related to this case since this happened.... Some things are just too horrible, to too innocent of a victim, and too close to home. Today, I've started to deal with the reality.

I want answers... Why? How could he... Anyone... Hurt this beautiful, innocent little boy? This hurts to the core and depth of my soul, as a human, a mother, a neighbor to this community.

The man who has admitted to this horrible act has a FaceBook page that has photos and comments by friends that portray a good, loving, and decent human being. Did he have an alter-ego? Did he snap? One FaceBook commenter, a friend of his, posted that they're now thinking its schizophrenia. Wow.

I can't help but wonder.... Did the eleven year old sister, in her heroic actions, somehow bring this mentally deranged man back to reality for a moment when she fought with him, possibly saving her own life and the lives of the remaining unharmed two children in the room that night? We'll never know. But bless her heart for her bravery and strength.

I too read that they've retired Logan's football number, but it will be worn next year when Logan's baby brother is old enough to play football. He will be the ONLY OTHER person to EVER wear Logan's number!

Prayers for Logan's family and the family of the perp as they too have lost a reported loving and devoted father, a son, a spouse to a sickening mental illness and a lifetime of institutionalization.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a terribly sad thought. I think I read somewhere that they have not returned to this home. The thought of looking at my Christmas tree or any holiday trappings after such a horrific event would leave me devastated.
"Weak" is a very apt expression of what this case makes me feel. When I read the details I too felt weak. Weak and shaky and horrified beyond any words.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I hope they don't go in their house at all -- I hadn't even thought of that. Oh, my, this is just such a bad time of year for those who do celebrate Christmas -- in any of its forms.

Friends can go into the house and get whatever the family puts on a list, such as clothes, linens, pots & pans, whatever food goods are salvageable, etc., etc., etc. That would be no problem -- they could always specify to bring nothing having to do with their sweet Logan. Oh, what heartbreak -- for the family, certainly, but also for those who are trying to support them in all kinds of ways.

This is just awful for oh, so many people.

Organization to collect Christmas gifts for Logan Tipton's siblings

[...]
The event will begin at 3:00p.m. on Saturday at Macadoo’s: 610 Ridgeview Drive, in Frankfort.

The “May Our Wounds Heal” organization released the following information about the event:

“If you would like to bring them wrapped, please make sure you tag it for girl, boy and age. If you don’t want to wrap, we will gladly take care of that for you. We will start about 3:00 p.m. with DJ music that will go until about 7:00. At 8:00 The CB Project will take the stage and play until midnight. Come out and help us show this family the spirit of Christmas by helping us fill a Santa's Sack.”
[...]

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Or...tons-siblings-362568311.html?device=phone&c=y

Man Accused In Stabbing Death Of 6-Year-Old Pleads Not Guilty.
The Indiana man accused of stabbing and killing a 6-year-old Versailles boy during a home invasion pleaded not guilty.

Police say Ronald Exantus stabbed Logan Tipton to death during a home invasion last year.

http://www.lex18.com/story/30895966...?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_LEX_18

The long road to justice for Logan and the Tipton family is only beginning. Cases like this are so heartbreaking and infuriating IMO. There are living witnesses FCOL!

I am struggling to find the right words here (I don't want to earn a Permanent TO). Knowing the death penalty is on the table is small comfort - this case will likely not come to a resolution quickly. :no:

May the Tipton Family and their loved ones continue to garner strength from their supporters and community. My heart truly goes out to them! :heartluv:

Justice can and will prevail here - it HAS to!!!!

:rose:

Arraignment is today.... Maybe we'll find out a little bit more, but we are entering the "dark tunnel" period we all know so well. Wait, no details, wait some more, no details, wait and wait...

I still wonder if this man thought their house was one with which he was familiar -- dark, shadows, spooky, at night, etc. -- a house that had bad memories or fears for him, maybe when he was a child. I keep thinking he chose that house for a reason, but I'm trying to think logically, and he may not have been doing that when he entered it. He certainly wasn't thinking logically after he entered. So tragic for so many and forever.

Never even BEEN to Kentucky except to drive through it. This case is just a puzzlement. Not sure there will ever be a 'why' figured out. The guy sounds like he has just lost touch with reality. Completely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53
Back