*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't the media report on these scratches to his legs? Do you think he pinned her down by straddling her chest? If so, the scratches would be on the back of his legs at about mid-thigh, most likely.
Depends on what the scratches look like, but even wearing jeans, if you walk through brambles and bushes, you get some pretty good scratches on your legs.

Today, someone posted that the car was actually recorded being left at the Carmike on the Monday, the 5th...not Sunday, the 4th. Does that change anything?
I don't think that post is accurate. According to this article:
"Martin entered surveillance video from the Armed Forces recruiting station that showed the Nissan appear in the Carmike lot around 10pm Sunday, August 4."
http://www.c-ville.com/randy-taylor-trial-day-two-murphys-blood-found/#.U2mKlFfRY3U

But even if the post you referenced were true, the car could have been stashed in the area on the 4th and moved on the 5th.

Today, someone posted that the car was actually recorded being left at the Carmike on the Monday, the 5th...not Sunday, the 4th. Does that change anything?

Off the top of my head it means he had to keep that car well under wraps longer, which is more riskier imo.

I was also remembering back to the early days of us all sleuthing and I'm pretty sure that car wash (mentioned in court) came up as a place some of the younger locals in the area hung out.
I wonder if RAT was on here in the days after Alexis going missing and him being arrested?

My gut tells me that RAT did something significant at 9:00 PM on the 3rd. He mentioned that time in at least two different scenarios.

1st scenario, he said he got home at 9:00 PM after buying $45 worth of pot from a drug dealer friend in Amherst.

2nd scenario, he says Alexis left with Bradley at 9:00 PM.

In addition to that, he said he went ATVing, with friends, all day on the 3rd. (Was it "Gordonsville" that he said he went ATVing.)

We know that he was seen, with people in his car, in the area of Crabtree Falls, either the next morning or Monday morning (I can't remember) and the camo SUV was covered in mud. Did that come out in court, yet?

I believe he throws out tidbits and in them are the clues to where his victims were disposed of. I also wonder if the area where the cab driver dropped him off has been searched. He had stolen an ATV in August, correct? Just like him to use someone else's property to dispose of a victim. I'll bet that road the ATV back to the camper after the cabbie dropped him off. He probably stores that thing somewhere off the beaten track. It has not been recovered, correct?
It was Barboursville, but not necessarily ATVing. Four wheeling can be car or ATV or other off road vehicle:

"Taylor repeatedly had said he stayed home after spending Saturday, August 3, four-wheeling in Barboursville."

http://www.c-ville.com/day-4-mystery-man-testifies-in-randy-taylor-trial/#.U2mJEFfRY3W

A agree that he is throwing things out, consciously or unconsciously. I believe he had bought pot from someone, and agree that something probably happened at 9:00. That time seems to mean something to him.

In addition, this same article mentions that he had an ATV he gave to his son:
"The son and the son’s mother, Taylor’s ex-girlfriend whose mother owns the property where Taylor lived, came and picked up an ATV Taylor had bought for his son, Pittman testified. "

I can't tell WHEN that ATV got picked up, but I hope LE got hold of it and went over it with a fine tooth comb.

ETA: Ruckersville, Gordonsville and Barboursville are in a row on hwy 33. He might have said any or all of the three at some time.

But, we know that he went to C-ville and bought videos and then went to the Liberty. So, he must have left that phone at home. Now, did he have a burner phone for anonymous surfing, stalking, posting, I'd be willing to bet he did.
C-Ville is still south of Orange County. (16.6 miles from C-Ville to Barboursville, 26 minute travel time). It depends on what "ping in the area" means to LE. If they were talking about the "area" where Alexis and her car were found, C-Ville would be "in the area".

It's just a different way of looking at it and MOO.

Just K, I think you may be onto something about him and his offering up 9.00PM. Sadly, I think this was when Alexis was probably deceased.
I've been thinking along similar lines about places he said he was or had been. I'd translate that to search in the opposite direction, if you get what I mean. Therefore I'd guess he disposed of her south east of Lovingston.

I'm pretty sure he said he was ATVing in Ruckersville and well remembered about him being spotted in his mud covered SUV. I'm pretty sure it was the Monday morning after that weekend. I also remember his son was in the SUV at that time.

It was Barboursville, but not necessarily ATVing. Four wheeling can be car or ATV or other off road vehicle:

"Taylor repeatedly had said he stayed home after spending Saturday, August 3, four-wheeling in Barboursville."

http://www.c-ville.com/day-4-mystery-man-testifies-in-randy-taylor-trial/#.U2mJEFfRY3W

A agree that he is throwing things out, consciously or unconsciously. I believe he had bought pot from someone, and agree that something probably happened at 9:00. That time seems to mean something to him.

"The son and the son’s mother, Taylor’s ex-girlfriend whose mother owns the property where Taylor lived, came and picked up an ATV Taylor had bought for his son, Pittman testified. "

I can't tell WHEN that ATV got picked up, but I hope LE got hold of it and went over it with a fine tooth comb.

ETA: Ruckersville, Gordonsville and Barboursville are in a row on hwy 33. He might have said any or all of the three at some time.

It got picked up on the 11th of aug. The FBI agents watched and consented to its removal. It was just a few hours BEFORE the search warrent for the phones was issued.(Pittman and Mays)

Rat had two phones he switched one battery back and forth from ,in front of the agents. However not much more was explained about that in court.

In court today ,they said he told them he was ATVing in Orange. His lawyer even speculated he got the sratches on his legs riding the 4 wheeler.

As you all know, I like lists.
Tonight's list: A summary of places, activities and times that seem significant
The ATV
The Car Wash
Buying Pot
Buying Cigarettes
9:00 PM
Amherst
Madison Heights
Charlottesville

Suggesting that Some Black guy's DNA would be found. (It always makes me think of MH's t-shirt planted on a bush outside a random apartment building. There was a possible SUV sighting in her case, too.)

Rt 33 Corridor. So many very wooded/secluded areas. (Used to go out to a place called Blue Hole... circa 1980...there was a water fall and it was known to all JMU students...near West Virginia or on the way IIRC)

These news media services are driving me crazy...here is where I got Gordonsville from this Google Search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Tha...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb
Testimony: Taylor interview played for jury - NewsAdvance ...
www.newsadvance.com/...taylor.../article_9d62ea46-...
The News & Advance
1 day ago - "That day, Taylor woke up and drove up to the Gordonsville area, spending several hours drinking beer and riding ATVs with a friend. When they finished around 4 p.m., Taylor left and drove around Charlottesville for an undetermined amount of time, he says on tape. When investigators told him he was ..."

Today that bit is no longer there!!!! It has been edited out. Same with the actual quote I read, today, about the actual timestamp on the Armed Forces Video of the CarMike lot.

But, we know that he went to C-ville and bought videos and then went to the Liberty. So, he must have left that phone at home. Now, did he have a burner phone for anonymous surfing, stalking, posting, I'd be willing to bet he did.

I was speaking about Alexis Phone. RATS phone pinged until 7 or so then didnt ping until the next morning at (I think they said 9 am)

Both phones pinged at the Liberty, and at his house but neither phone pinged at the car wash.

Well I think AM did not get raped by RAT I unfortunately think she died from a fight. I think she was lured in and she figured out it wasn't right tried to leave and gets hit in the head or something else similar and unfortunately dies .:(

im sorry but I dis agree 100%. You know why because the examiner said they found her blood in his bed and his pillow.. if the fight happen in front areas, then why is anything on his bed. maybe it went that far back.

hitting some one in the head is not a automatic death. Everyone skull is different in density and everyone toughness is differ .I feel she was tougher than the average teen female . Because she ran track. and played volley ball her stamina would be great. which mean she was real tough in a way..

I don't know if she was tough enough to take a punch from a grown man.. Im not saying that ok, but I think if he hit from behind then she wouldn't have died on contact or been out cold. She would went down yes. this would lead to hair pulling. but she would have been able to grab him some where. His legs or waist I think. her regain would come round much quicker to. Again she an athlete she use to pressure circumstances, her leg balance was strong too I assume.

Not to say your wrong. but I think a rape did happen . Why is her blood on his bed?. We cant rule it out.. again its not a great distance away from the woods

I was speaking about Alexis Phone. RATS phone pinged until 7 or so then didnt ping until the next morning at (I think they said 9 am)

Both phones pinged at the Liberty, and at his house but neither phone pinged at the car wash.

Wow 6:47 PM. So, you are saying that the last time Alexis used her phone was 6:47 PM? Because 6:27PM was the time posted earlier that RAT's phone was last used.

I think you may have that reversed. Alexis' phones last communication was supposedly 7:36:
"Wendell Cosenza, an FBI expert on cell phone records, testified that the last activity on Murphy’s iPhone—which was found by a canine officer in dense undergrowth about 70 feet from Taylor’s camper, according to testimony— happened at 7:36pm August 3. “And then the phone went silent,” said Consenza."
http://www.c-ville.com/day-4-mystery-man-testifies-in-randy-taylor-trial/#.U2mbWVfRY3X

Of course this could be wrong, but I saw similar on some Twitter or Facebook back further in this thread. I will go back and look.

Wow 6:47 PM. So, you are saying that the last time Alexis used her phone was 6:47 PM? Because that was the time posted earlier that RAT's phone was last used.

I think I confused you , Alexis's phone was the one last used at 6:47.

Time to go back and see those ask fm posts and see if there are any times listed...and the Twitters.

I think you may have that reversed. Alexis' phones last communication was supposedly 7:36:
"Wendell Cosenza, an FBI expert on cell phone records, testified that the last activity on Murphy’s iPhone—which was found by a canine officer in dense undergrowth about 70 feet from Taylor’s camper, according to testimony— happened at 7:36pm August 3. “And then the phone went silent,” said Consenza."
http://www.c-ville.com/day-4-mystery-man-testifies-in-randy-taylor-trial/#.U2mbWVfRY3X

Of course this could be wrong, but I saw similar on some Twitter or Facebook back further in this thread. I will go back and look.

No the last time a human used Alexis phone was 647. It pinged towers but not because someone was using it ,it went silent at 736 to the towers .

I think I confused you , Alexis's phone was the one last used at 6:47.
I fixed it and changed the time to 6:27 for RAT...
Yep, I was confused by all of the times...and we keep getting bad info from media, too. Then they delete the mistakes and we look like f'n idiots.

That is different than NBC is reporting:

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 1m
The cellphone data presented places Murphy and Taylor's phones in the similar locations the night of August 3 around 7 pm

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 6s
The same Verizon towers were used by both cellphones. The last data collected from Taylor's phone that night was at 6:27.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 53s
Taylor's phone did not access another Verizon tower until 9 am the next morning

:D now just to muddy the waters even more: There were two texts that came in to Alexis' phone at 7:17 PM, correct? But she did not respond, correct?

It got picked up on the 11th of aug. The FBI agents watched and consented to its removal. It was just a few hours BEFORE the search warrent for the phones was issued.(Pittman and Mays)

Rat had two phones he switched one battery back and forth from ,in front of the agents. However not much more was explained about that in court.

In court today ,they said he told them he was ATVing in Orange. His lawyer even speculated he got the sratches on his legs riding the 4 wheeler.

atv riding legs scratches?? I never heard of that before.. atv riding is mostly mud ridingm mud doesn't leave scratches..

I hope LE swabbed his legs for Am blood or lok fr bruise n him. Am had powerful legs. she ran track

An article from NBC, says yes, two incoming texts at 7:17.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/25440516/randy-taylor-abduction-and-murder-trial-day-4

"The last data collected by Verizon from Taylor's phone that night was at 6:27 p.m. The phone did not make contact with a Verizon tower again until 9 a.m. on August 4. The last data collected by Verizon for Murphy's phone was two incoming text messages at 7:17 pm on August 3. The analyst did not say who those text messages were from."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma