GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaand . . . Jeremy Flemming red herring time.

Re-direct (Helms):

Helms asks about the "hindering the investigation" comment, and KC states it was due to inconsistencies in SM's statements.
Re: TE giving KC the phone records - it was voluntarily to help locate his daughter.

Recess for about 10-15 minutes
Also, Helms asked KC about the last 3 numbers Heather was in contact with, one of which was the payphone, and none of which was Jeremy Flemming.

A new witness takes the stand, but I didn't have sound, so I'm not sure her name. She works for Frontier Communications, maintaining payphones and payphone records.

Attachments

• Screenshot (255).png
    Screenshot (255).png
    381.5 KB · Views: 14
Ha! Helms asked if the payphone takes pictures of the caller. Obviously it doesn't. He said it could have been anybody, but not Sidney Moorer, because he already told law enforcement he didn't talk to Heather that night! Somebody's taking mic-drop lessons from Nancy!

A new witness takes the stand, but I didn't have sound, so I'm not sure her name. She works for Frontier Communications, maintaining payphones and payphone records.

Law & Crime Network Retweeted
@cathyrusson
#SidneyMoorer - On the stand now is Amanda Nigro, she works for Frontier Communications, she was involved in pay phones in 2013. We know from previous trials Sidney called Heather Elvis from a pay phone at 1:35 a.m. the day she disappeared. (image from my previous notes)
EEMYFFGUcAAqX2i

Cathy Russon on Twitter

NL is asking JM about phone records. JM states he was able to identify SM's number.

JM testifies a series of calls after 3:00 am were made from Heather's to SM's phone. Prior to that evening, Heather had not called SM's phone during the month of December.

During the interview, JM asked SM if he had made a payphone call to Heather and got the infamous response, "there are still payphones?" After a few more questions, and informing SM there was video of the payphone, SM admitted to the call.

JM states SM claimed Heather was leaving notes on his truck, so he reached out to her to tell her to leave him alone. At the time, law enforcement did not know the Moorers had purchased a new truck since SM's relationship with Heather.

And now the interview is being played for the jury.

Interview refresher:
  • SM says he worked at Longhorn and Sticky Fingers that night.
  • Says TM worked with him and was with him that night.
  • Ever since SM ended the relationship with Heather, TM goes everywhere with him.
  • "She's not getting paid by the company? She just follows you around?" Hahaha!
  • He also worked at Olive Garden that night, after Longhorn.
  • Went to Broadway, but nobody was there, so they left.
  • Got gas (paid cash - said he put it in the pump).
  • SM's pretty sure he bought a pregnancy test that night at WalMart on Seaboard.
  • "Oh, when we were at Broadway, we had sex in the parking lot . . . right by the Christmas tree."
  • Went to Conway Industrial Park and had sex in the parking lot - next to TV station, across from Coastal (Carolina University) around 2:00 am.
  • Drove a black F-150
  • Cut over to Hwy 544, but can't remember if they went home at that point.
  • When Heather called, SM and TM were home and getting dressed for bed. TM knew about the call.
  • SM says he and TM have been trying to get pregnant.
  • Last time he spoke to Heather before that was before he went on vacation.
  • TM found out at the end of October. She and Heather were supposed to meet up at Broadway, but Heather didn't show up.
  • A couple of the girls at TK told SM that Heather had a "nasty dream" about him.
  • SM doesn't know how Heather got his number.

Attachments

• Screenshot (258).png
    Screenshot (258).png
    504.5 KB · Views: 27
JM states SM claimed Heather was leaving notes on his truck, so he reached out to her to tell her to leave him alone. At the time, law enforcement did not know the Moorers had purchased a new truck since SM's relationship with Heather.

And now the interview is being played for the jury.

Suuurreeee, he reached out to her to tell her to leave him alone....at 2 in the morning. But I thought they just said that "anybody could have made that payphone call".

More interview refresher:
  • SM says Heather called him, wanting to meet up. SM said no, because he was trying to fix his marriage. He also said he told her he was happily married.
  • SM said he thought Heather lived up near the House of Blues and wasn't going to drive to NMB at 4:00 in the morning.
  • Payphone questions
  • SM admits to calling Heather on the payphone, because she was leaving notes on his car at the beginning of December (at Sticky Fingers and Olive Garden), one of which read, "call me now, we need to talk."
  • "It doesn't take 4 minutes to say, 'leave me alone.'"
  • Detective confronts SM about the fact that Heather was on a date and was already leaving him alone.
  • Mentions Heather's account to BW about SM calling because he was going to leave his wife. SM raised his voice, saying, "my wife was with me."
  • At this point, the detectives say, "let's start over, because that ain't flying."
  • SM says he ran across the street secretively because he didn't want his wife to know he was calling her.
  • The detectives are bluffing about a friend of Heather's sitting next to her during the call, overhearing the conversation.
  • SM "wouldn't bet [his] life on it, but he's pretty sure" he's seen Heather drive down his road several times.
  • SM was "weirded out" by Heather driving by, because he has kids that play outside. But she was driving by at night, so they weren't outside playing at that time. What? Jeez, Sidney.
  • SM was also "weirded out" by the officers mentioning over 300 text messages between SM and Heather.
  • TM keeps his phone and gives it to him when he receives a call. If they don't recognize the number, SM puts it on speaker

After the first day of testimony, in which witnesses focused on Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer's work and romantic relationship, the focus has shifted to law enforcement for day two.

The first person to take the stand Tuesday was Danny Furr.

KC Canterbury, another officer with HCPD, followed Furr.

Police testimony was broken up by Amanda Nigro, a telecommunications employee.

Sidney Moorer trial, day 2: Police officers take the stand

Even more interview refresher:
  • SM has sat in the front seat of Heather's car once or twice, and the back seat once or twice.
  • TM wanted to know why Heather was still calling him in the middle of the night; SM says at that point, TM didn't know he'd called Heather from the payphone.
  • "This is weird, so y'all don't look at me like I'm crazy, or she's crazy. The trust issue is big. She handcuffs me to the bed."
  • TM handcuffs his left hand, so he can put it under the pillow.
  • When SM got the call from Heather, he was going downstairs to make TM something to eat. She's on a diet, so he "probably did potstickers."
  • TM and Heather only spoke once, end of October/beginning of November, when Heather called SM's phone.
  • TM had drank 2 different kind of liquors and "her stomach hurt" the night of their escapades, so she didn't drink any when they got back to the house.
On that note, I have to take a call, so I'm tagging out if anyone can pick this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties