Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shooters:

How long did it take you guys in practice to feel proficient in shooting

I am "comfortable" with my little .38 special revolver. It has six chambers, is lightweight, double action (I don't have to *advertiser censored* the trigger, it doesn't even have one), fits nicely in my front pocket and I usually have a t-shirt to cover it and it also fits in the space between vehicle's seat and console for easy access when traveling out of town.

With that said, I am comfortable with it, but, as far as target shooting, I can hit my target, but I'm no Annie Oakley. I don't get to shoot as often as I'd like, especially in the winter. However, I'd not practiced for awhile when I went for my CCP, and had no problem passing my test, or hitting my targets. The more you shoot, the more you become comfortable with your firearm. Also, it took me about three tries to find a firearm that I liked. I had a semi auto pistol but it wasn't comfortable, in my hand, so I traded it at the shop, and finally ended up w/my .38.

Some times i just have Fox open in another
window to see there crawls I cant listen tho they scream all the time .

there whacko

it is a hoot

I like dignified on air personalities.

they are unreal !!

now they are saying CNN staged last night

what did they do drug 1000 people to come ?

now they are doing Dana lady was "forced " to say stuff last night

I saw the men with machine guns aimed down at her from above

they got a kid now saying CNN told em question he had it with him Tucker did not let him read the question CNN gave him

I would love to hear the question he wanted and hear what they did

I am more than confident that the three govt guys that showed up insisted they had advanced notice of the questions that will be asked on air

that is how it works

Most of outright nasty anchors that tucker one and hannity yell at their guests

Lemmon at CNN can get passive aggressive

most MSNBC anchors on air ask republicans to come on - none of them will do it !!

That morning friend one I cant stand -- I think they give them laughing gas in break !!

Hey lets not forget Fox has had a lot of sexist stuff in their history . Notice most of their female anchors are in short skirts and they put most of them out on couches or standing -- not behind any desks -- just observe it .
Sounds like the CEO of Fox would like that

Chris matthews at msnbc can be loud but there other prime anchors are mannered and are not yelling at everyone all the time

I think Burnett can be snarly at times !!

Wolf drives me insane -- its his speed of his questions -- its like he has emphysema and can only get out 4 words at time before another breath choppy!!

Cant stand morning joe on MSNBC

Like Como on CNN

Lawrence brilliant at MSNBC

Love love Stephanie Rule love love love love (I have a crush -- kidding she reminds me of my mother -- elegant and poised)

Katy Turr at MSNBC took me a while but she is one tough cookie -- can be kinda passive aggressive

I dont know her name MSNBC lady morning slot kinda manicky ( look at me talking about being blabby!)

Jake ahh

Grew to disdain Anderson

Brian is dashing -- his vocabulary is amazing ! His questions are amazing !

The legendary Miss Andrea needs to retire
it takes her forever to get out a question!!

opppss got blabby!

lukewarm to CNN

msnbc is awesome !! wait for all the awards this year !!

Pls note the Dana lady used the term "legacy" news outlets

she did not say fake news outlets

moo

what are your observations??

And of course there is the one and only Rachel! She is gonna need a suitcase at award stuff !!!

Some good news for Manatee County

No backpacks for Manatee County students due to recent threats

[FONT=&quot]Instead, students have been advised to carry their textbooks by hand or with grocery bags or garbage bags.

Although I don't know if garbage bags are a great idea. The smaller plastic grocery bags, maybe.

Would book straps classify as a potential weapon? [/FONT]
:dunno:

I'm not anti 2nd Amendment, I think everyone knows that at this point, but we have over 350 million people in the U.S. and probably 700 million+ firearms. We are not Australia. Australia may be about our size, but not even close in our population size, we can't have cops just knocking on everyone's door and doing searches. That'd be against the 4th Amendment I'd think, and I'm not real kosher with that.

RSBM

I meant to post something similar earlier but never got to it for some reason, regarding USA population, and guns per capita compared to guns per capita in a given western European nation like Finland or Switzerland.

The USA is the third most populated nation in the world, after China and India. 320 + million people is a lot.

Someone once told me that the present USA population should be the global population. Good luck with that.

I should be in bed.

:offtobed:

Some good news for Manatee County

No backpacks for Manatee County students due to recent threats

[FONT="]Instead, students have been advised to carry their textbooks by hand or with grocery bags or garbage bags.

Although I don't know if garbage bags are a great idea. The smaller plastic grocery bags, maybe.

Would book straps classify as a potential weapon? [/FONT]
:dunno:

I know all through middle school and high school, I never used a backpack, or any kind of bag at all, for my books. I'm not sure anyone did. Maybe, but I just don't recall, it was a long time ago. (mid 80's) We just carried all our books in our hands, didn't seem to be a big deal. Now I see all kids have backpacks, including my kids who are in 4th grade, and 6th grade.

Dana Loesch rips ‘legacy media’ shooting coverage: ‘Crying white mothers are ratings gold’

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/22/dana-loesch-rips-legacy-media-shooting-coverage-cr/

“I’m going to say something that some people are going to say is controversial,” she said, the Daily Caller reported. “So I’ll say it really slowly, so all the people on the platform in the back can hear me loud and clear. Many in the legacy media love mass shootings. You guys love it. Now, I’m not saying you love the tragedy, but I am saying that you love the ratings. Crying white mothers are ratings gold to you and many in the legacy media in the back.”

“Notice I said ‘crying white mothers,’ because there are thousands of grieving black mothers in Chicago every weekend — and you don’t see town halls for them, do you?” she continued. “Where’s the CNN town hall for Chicago?”

Student Claims CNN Rewrote Town Hall Question, Told Him to 'Stick to the Script'

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/...te-questions-says-florida-student-colton-haab

"Originally, I had thought that it was going to be more of my own question and my own say. And then it turned out to be more of just a script," Haab said. "And [the producer] had actually said that over the phone, that I needed to stick to the script."

When Carlson asked if he believes other students' town hall questions were reworded, Haab said "absolutely."

"Honestly, it was very shocking to me, because we just went through such a horrific tragedy," Haab said. "For them to take that and make such a big newscast over what they want to hear, it was very upsetting to me."

Loesch: I Wouldn't Have Made It Out of CNN Town Hall Without Security Detail

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/22/dana-loesch-cnn-town-hall-cpac-push-gun-control-laws-hannity

During the event -- which was organized in the wake of the deadly Florida school shooting -- Loesch was confronted by victims' families and survivors, in addition to an extremely hostile crowd.

“You heard that town hall last night, they cheered the confiscation of firearms,” Loesch said at CPAC Thursday morning, noting there were thousands in attendance. "I had to have a security detail to get out. I wouldn’t have been able to exit that if I did not have a private security detail. There were people rushing the stage and screaming 'burn her.' And I came there to talk solutions.”

I am "comfortable" with my little .38 special revolver. It has six chambers, is lightweight, double action (I don't have to *advertiser censored* the trigger, it doesn't even have one), fits nicely in my front pocket and I usually have a t-shirt to cover it and it also fits in the space between vehicle's seat and console for easy access when traveling out of town.

With that said, I am comfortable with it, but, as far as target shooting, I can hit my target, but I'm no Annie Oakley. I don't get to shoot as often as I'd like, especially in the winter. However, I'd not practiced for awhile when I went for my CCP, and had no problem passing my test, or hitting my targets. The more you shoot, the more you become comfortable with your firearm. Also, it took me about three tries to find a firearm that I liked. I had a semi auto pistol but it wasn't comfortable, in my hand, so I traded it at the shop, and finally ended up w/my .38.

In the begining how much time would you say it took you to feel ok in terms of training ?

I know all through middle school and high school, I never used a backpack, or any kind of bag at all, for my books. I'm not sure anyone did. Maybe, but I just don't recall, it was a long time ago. (mid 80's) We just carried all our books in our hands, didn't seem to be a big deal. Now I see all kids have backpacks, including my kids who are in 4th grade, and 6th grade.

I never had a book bag in h.s. I think I had a satchel in grade school. Our books were in our lockers and I only took home the books that I needed. I think kids have a few more binders and such today but kids also used to use "book straps". They still make them, only in an updated form.

I don't really think that the backpacks are all that good for their backs and necks either. My kids looked as if they were walking into a strong wind some days. If they'd gotten tipped onto their backs they'd probably been like a turtle and had to wait til a good Samaritan to come along and flip them over.

The arming of teachers or school staff is short-sighted. Are they going to authorize these staff to carry assault rifles, like so are often used in these killings? What good would a pistol be against someone with an assault rifle? And I'm sure the staff won't just be allowed to walk around with a loaded gun on them as what would stop someone from getting it off them, and then that person has a gun in school. So what good would a locked up, unloaded weapon be against some disaffected teenager with an arsenal of semi-automatic and military grade assault weapons? Guns shouldn't be in schools. Period.

your vocation stuck out at me in terms of satire !!

i go nuts with absurdity

Do you mind if the govt asks you to:

we need you to run over to the hospital a do a heart transplant !!

we will give ya a dash of training

PS Please bring your own scalpel!!

We will provide you with a list of online surgeonical tools!! We will add seven dollars and 62 cents per operation !!

Don't forget to buy hand sanitizer!!

Surgical gloves are on sale this week at Wal Mart!

"Dexter" scrubs and Hannibel souvenirs are strictly prohibited!

Chewing gum during operations is prohibited!

Pls expect a PDF within two weeks "10 steps to the perfect heart transplant (quiz extra) . Your training partner will be a TV insurance agent from State Farm!!!

If possible please ask your husband or wife to accompany you -- we are short on nursing staff!

If your neighbor is interested pls bring along -- the more the merrier!!

If you know someone interested in biology they can join you as well!!

If you have a bed with wheels pls bring it !

dont miss late night tonight

I think Seth meyers is rewriting his open!!

Anyone have a spare ticket to Switzerland??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude