Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Oh, yes, those were felony charges.

But, still, they let him go....all the way to Texas.
:(

But did they really let him go? It makes perfect sense, what was posted upstream, that they might have decided to let him go so they could monitor him in hopes of him leading them to Hannah...

eta: you might have been alluding to this; I need to quit reading this thread backwards, sorry

I don't agree. He is a LE professional whose training presumably places great emphasis on what and what not to say to the media. He had to have known that revealing the details he did would be considered compromising to the case.

Now the question of why he did it is another story (i.e. excitement over the discovery), but I don't believe for one second that he didn't know the details he was revealing might compromise the case.

It's very curious.

It may be that the interview with the Chesterfield detective was intentionally staged and scripted by LE to play for Jesse Matthew in front of witnesses, professional psychologists and other qualified observers, both in the room and outside of his view to observe his response. A black detective about the same age as JLM and speaking of God's guidance, might elicit the most revealing response.

It is important to see how the news of finding the body affects the suspect.

Also, from the response of Jim Camblos, the attorney for the suspect, indicate Matthew did not reveal its location.

JMO

BBM:

But did they really let him go? It makes perfect sense, what was posted upstream, that they might have decided to let him go so they could monitor him in hopes of him leading them to Hannah...

eta: you might have been alluding to this; I need to quit reading this thread backwards, sorry

No, they lost him. No one knew he was in Texas. And the lady who found him and called the tip line wasn't taken seriously. :(

Some of the newer gel nail polishes last for 3 weeks-ish plus. A chance that polish color may have been visible on sight/site to crime tech, assuming she had on the night (if at all), plus lab mass spec would help confirm chem composition and color mass to original bottle (assuming she wears polish and bottle (s) collected from her belongings/apt. This visual observation at site would seem a strong indicator body was HG, in totallity with dental / bone lengths. JMO.

It has been suggested that the interview with the Chesterfield detective was intentionally staged and scripted by LE to play for Jesse Matthew in front of witnesses, professional psychologists and other qualified observers, both in the room and outside of his view to observe his response.

I love it!!!

Some of the newer gel nail polishes last for 3 weeks-ish plus. A chance that polish color may have been visible on sight/site to crime tech, assuming she had on the night (if at all), plus lab mass spec would help confirm chem composition and color mass.

Absolutely---I remember nail polish comparison tests done in the case of a young girl who went missing a looong time ago while on Spring break vacation, iirc...turns out, she was likely victim of a serial killer who was passing through and staying at a nearby hotel...trying to remember her name...

Just going to go out on a limb here and say:
I have a THEORY that JLM Jr has been the prime suspect on a very short list re: Morgan Harrington and possibly others for quite some time now. I suspect that LE has been looking into his background for a few years now yet had no way to legally acquire his DNA to submit it into CODIS. They needed for him to be charged with a felony which would allow LE to obtain a DNA collection, upon arrest.

IMO, they knew he was a cab driver in 2009, they likely knew about the previous dropped sexual assault charges at LU & CNU and they probably were keeping tabs on the vehicles he drove between 2009 and today. I'd be willing to bet that he was pulled over on all those vehicular offenses in the same way that RAT was pulled over so many times. IMO, I believe they were doing what was allowed, within the law, to keep tabs on JLM Jr and hope that he would screw up before another girl got injured.

Honestly, I believe he knew that LE was looking at him. IMO, he parked that junker of his almost practically right in front of the CPD HQTRS, on Sept 12th, 2014 out of shear defiance. If he abducted and murdered HG, he probaby got a big thrill out of doing it right under CPD's nose and parking lot cameras. (ALL IMO, of course)

I don't see a conspiracy or a neat little package to frame the big guy. I see LE stratagizing, developing and cataloging a case investigation on their prime suspect. When HG disappeared and CCV showed her on video at the DTM and then JLM Jr crosses right in front of the camera, LE saw him immediately and CPD went into high gear to track him down, get all the warrants and finally get this guy.

I think some of Longo's outrage was that JLM manged to do this almost right in front of the CPD HDQTRS.

IF they really thought it was him, they would have picked up a spent cigarette butt to get his DNA. So...IMHO, they did not suspect him THAT much.

Yikes, I wonder what they might find if they went 3 miles in a different direction, say Northeast?

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe they should draw a 3.5 mile radius around the Ponderosa address and search. Who knows what they'd find.

Absolutely---I remember nail polish comparison tests done in the case of a young girl who went missing a looong time ago while on Spring break vacation, iirc...turns out, she was likely victim of a serial killer who was passing through and staying at a nearby hotel...trying to remember her name...

I think that was on an episode of " Disappeared" but they pulled the series from Netflix so I can't look it up!

(All these recent posts are suddenly creeping me out really bad for some reason...just got a really, really sick feeling, sicker than I've felt up to this point in this case, jmo)

Had that same feeling about an hour ago. It's not easy to follow crime. Can't imagine how LE does it.
Saturation of vileness.

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe they should draw a 3.5 mile radius around the Ponderosa address and search. Who knows what they'd find.

If I were LE, I would have HRD dog teams go thoroughly over the area 5 miles around where JLM lived. The bodies of both HG (if forensics prove it is her) and MH discovery sites are approximately the same distance from JLM former residence.

I would have the dogs cover the same distance surrounding other places JLM has lived. More remains of missing women may be discovered. From the two disposals, we can see a possible pattern.

I would also have the dogs and a forensics and blood detection crew work the quarry on Red Hill Road half-way between Ammonette Branch and Anchorage farm. https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Anch...0076cd54df64!2m2!1d-78.453199!2d38.008604!3e0

(modsnip)

JMO

Wow, this highly respected ME (ID'd Chandra Levy and worked on the DC Sniper Case) is doubtful this is Hannah bc he says it takes 6-9 months to achieve such skeletonized remains under such weather conditions...rewinding and rewatching.

So, either, JM used a decomp accelerant of some sort, this is not Hannah, or this ME is off base.

If same ME as a DC case was he/she hired by feds maybe? Used to urban cases, not so much rural? That might explain viewpoint. This wooded area likely has far more wildlife than most areas of the country - that are urban or suburban.

I think that was on an episode of " Disappeared" but they pulled the series from Netflix so I can't look it up!

(O/T:
They did? (checking)

Wow, you are right, they sure did pull them all from netflix...it was 5 seasons iirc...Thank goodness I've seen every single one already! :biggrin:

I highly highly highly highly recommend the documentary "The Imposter" on Netflix, about the disappearance of Nicholas Barclay---it is amazing, amazing, twists and turns like you would not believe, unbelieeeevable story. Also, the documentary "Who is Duyuni Cristal" on netflix, about a UID found in the Arizona desert, has some footage from the Missing Persons/ UID Border Patrol Unit...)

Yes, sadly, the contract for Investigation Discovery programs on Netflix expired on October 5th. A number of similar shows were affected. :(

Just going to go out on a limb here and say:
I have a THEORY that JLM Jr has been the prime suspect on a very short list re: Morgan Harrington and possibly others for quite some time now. I suspect that LE has been looking into his background for a few years now yet had no way to legally acquire his DNA to submit it into CODIS. They needed for him to be charged with a felony which would allow LE to obtain a DNA collection, upon arrest.

IMO, they knew he was a cab driver in 2009, they likely knew about the previous dropped sexual assault charges at LU & CNU and they probably were keeping tabs on the vehicles he drove between 2009 and today. I'd be willing to bet that he was pulled over on all those vehicular offenses in the same way that RAT was pulled over so many times. IMO, I believe they were doing what was allowed, within the law, to keep tabs on JLM Jr and hope that he would screw up before another girl got injured.

Honestly, I believe he knew that LE was looking at him. IMO, he parked that junker of his almost practically right in front of the CPD HQTRS, on Sept 12th, 2014 out of shear defiance. If he abducted and murdered HG, he probaby got a big thrill out of doing it right under CPD's nose and parking lot cameras. (ALL IMO, of course)

I don't see a conspiracy or a neat little package to frame the big guy. I see LE stratagizing, developing and cataloging a case investigation on their prime suspect. When HG disappeared and CCV showed her on video at the DTM and then JLM Jr crosses right in front of the camera, LE saw him immediately and CPD went into high gear to track him down, get all the warrants and finally get this guy.

I think some of Longo's outrage was that JLM manged to do this almost right in front of the CPD HDQTRS.

It's funny you should say this, because I think LE intentionally overtly followed him from the police station and let him "get away" so JM would think just that. I think they were hoping he would lead them to Hannah or others. But I don't beleive they ever let JM out of their sight. There is just no way! I also think "Karen" was a little too fabricated. What are the chances a lady on the beach in Texas happened to see him right after the forensics came back and they were able to issue the abduction with intent to defile warrant? :rolleyes:

So by this logic, you are telling us that once you become accused of a crime you can never again be considered innocent???
"Innocent until proven guilty" means you are innocent and stay innocent until it is proven you aren't. If that is never proven then you remain innocent.
Maybe I am not quite understanding what you are saying here...

In order of your questions:

1-Of course you can be considered innocent, if the real perpetrator is eventually convicted or direct evidence can prove it wasn't you; for example-not your DNA.

2-Innocent until proven guilty is a legality, a baseline as I said. If you were truly considered innocent you wouldn't have been charged in the first place.

3-Obviously not.

A verdict is about whether the state proved it's case (guilty verdict) or not (not guilty verdict). Period.

I don't agree. He is a LE professional whose training presumably places great emphasis on what and what not to say to the media. He had to have known that revealing the details he did would be considered compromising to the case.

Now the question of why he did it is another story (i.e. excitement over the discovery), but I don't believe for one second that he didn't know the details he was revealing might compromise the case.

It's very curious.

If this was staged, (as recently presented as a possibility in a post upstream), then kudos to LE for being smart enough to do whatever they think they need to do to reel this in, imo. It has to be about good strategy in these cases.

And, if he made a mistake, then that sucks, but I just can not throw any blame at him because he found Hannah. He found her, with his own eyes, and own physical efforts out there...I agree the integrity of the case is vital, especially for trial purposes, but if he made a mistake, he deserves a break in this instance. jmo. Hopefully there are a gazillion other pieces of evidence to guarantee a guilty verdict... I just feel bad for him, that's all...

The creek the remains was found in behind the 3193 property is called the Ammonett Branch. Here it is on Google Maps:

Untitled66.png

Here is a closer view:

Untitled68.jpg

It's funny you should say this, because I think LE intentionally overtly followed him from the police station and let him "get away" so JM would think just that. I think they were hoping he would lead them to Hannah or others. But I don't beleive they ever let JM out of their sight. There is just no way! I also think "Karen" was a little too fabricated. What are the chances a lady on the beach in Texas happened to see him right after the forensics came back and they were able to issue the abduction without intent to defile warrant? :rolleyes:

Agreed, now that all this has been suggested...duh, lol! Surely I thought of this already but forgot, haha. (eta: I think I just remembered---if I/we thought about this at the time, I surely would not have posted it at the time for obvious reasons).

Has anyone seen a video of the witness who called him in in TX by any chance? I don't remember seeing one, only remember reading the accounts...

Actually, nevermind, it might not be a good idea to discuss this...whatever LE might be doing, let them do it, whatever it takes to keep this monster behind bars---I do believe he is our guy. jmo (I know, everyone deserves a fair trial bla bla bla...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper