Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
broken ribs. A brutal assault upon a family member recently gives me first hand knowledge that ribs can and are broken during SA. The perp while attempting to restrain, control his intended victim can easily break ribs if they place their knee upon their victim's chest while attempting to disrobe/access areas they want to get at. :(

Laci Peterson had broken ribs too ... wait a minute ... that was from memory ... let me verify.

ETA: fractured ribs confirmed.

Essentially we have these reasons for why we don't know if it's Hannah yet:
1. They are processing cases in order and haven't gotten to her yet.
2. The remains (or lack thereof) are making it difficult to make a definitive conclusion.
3. It's not Hannah and they're trying to figure out who it is before going public.
4. They found more than one person's remains and want to gather more evidence before telling the public.
5. They are negotiating w JM.

What else?

6. They have a preliminary result and family has been told but because this is such a high-profile case, they are doing a bunch of confirmational testing before making any sort of announcement.

But didn't it take several days for Morgan to be ID'd, too? Or at least several days before it was released to the press?

I'll have to go back and check, but honestly, even though it seems like it is taking forever to us here at WS, I don't think it has actually been that long.

I don't now much about the MH case. His damaging the teeth based on learning from Morgan and the time period in this case was just a passing thought of mine. It's really giving me the fingernails-on-chalkboard heebie jeebies too.

I agree it hasn't really been long at all. We're just an impatient and curious bunch.

I don't know the answer about cutting him loose. And unless Camblos can't afford to do it because JM can't pay him enough, I can't see Camblos wanting to drop such a high profile, national attention-getting case. IMO.

I think you are right. He will probably do like a lot of other defense attorneys and file with the court to be his court appointed attorney and the taxpayers will pick up the tab. Nurmi has made quite a good amount since representing Arias.

I've seen links for all of the above while trying to find a fact ... ribs broken, multiple broken bones, splintered bones, crushed bones ... all of it. The only thing that makes a difference for me is memory of broken ribs from years ago. Even if I produced a link about broken ribs, someone, or I, could produce a link for splintered bones to contradict the link for broken ribs.

Morgan was alot smaller than jesse he was huge compared to her. We havent heared about Hannah yet. I suspect he could some major damage He was a big guy!! moo

It was JM's apartment he lived in at Hellion (?lol, can't remember complex name?)- It was nearly empty, average looking apartment, new tenant was there but not on camera.

They showed a framed poster that had white residue and scratches that they were told is consistent with drug use.

I say JM would use everything and anything to lure women. Remember his cabbie looked like a party bus in some pictures.

MOO

Morgan Harrington strikes me as a person who would fight like hell. I bet she did not make it easy for him at all. JMO.

I often wonder if crushing/breaking bones is really part of the JM MO, or if MH's bones were crushed/broken because she was dumped in a field before harvest and a harvester or tractor (or multiples) ran over her before she was discovered. When crops are being harvested, there is a lot of tall plant material around you and then the ground is covered with vegetation, so you don't really see it. I can't help but wonder if what we've heard is MH's parents' interpretation of the autopsy report about the state of the bones, and if they made a logical (but incorrect) inference.

I hate writing this but I thought of MH somehow escaping from JMs cab and then he ran over her with it.

Still, the houses in the article are not the same as the houses that were searched on the weekend in relation to Hannah's remains.

I agree. that is why for me the jury is still out. I think the grandparent guy house is a nearby house to the one we have been seeing images of. It is one of the several that were being speculated about on Saturday night. Like I said. There is heavy police presence all over Old Lynchburg Rd. a lot of activity seaching, experts, equipment, etc. In seeing the recent pics of all the official vehicles in teh area, I am betting they are parked up and down that road and in driveways/pullouts, turnarounds, in front of various properties and I don't think the searching is just at the one property at this point.

I THINK, this guy, who does not own the property, nor does his family for some years, is speculating, just like all of us, based on the images and activity he is seeing in the area around his family's old homestead. Shrugh.

Different reporters chasing different angles. One outlet focused on the legal angle, one focused on the recent not remains searches and family members of JM, another focused on the search area and some guy who tweeted his family once owned the property being searched for remains. Lots of info coming out. Some will be wheat, some chaff. It will come clear which this recent property in the news is soon enough KWIM?

O/T BTW thanks as always for all your work with the maps and images. I always love when you are following a case in common with me :)

Have they released any info on JM childhood? His father says he is a 'big teddy bear'............mother rented the home on Wells Lane (alone)?

Morgan was alot smaller than jesse he was huge compared to her. We havent heard about Hannah yet. I suspect he could some major damage He was a big guy!! moo

Hannah was incapacitated. Although she was tall and athletic, she didn't have a chance. If she'd had a chance, she could easily have out-run him ... even after she'd been drinking (she was jogging prior to becoming incapacitated at the Tempo restaurant/bar). We know from the rape victim that Jesse starts with a punch to the head. I suspect that happened as soon as Hannah was in his car.

Morgan was alot smaller than jesse he was huge compared to her. We havent heared about Hannah yet. I suspect he could some major damage He was a big guy!! moo

Yeah, I guess my point wasn't that there wouldn't/couldn't be any broken bones in a serious assault, I just think that it would be an unusual case in which the killer intentionally broke bones just for the sake of breaking bones. I am sure they exist, bit it seems to me that the MH murderer could be the same one as the HG one, even if we learn that HG has no broken bones. Because, first, we don't really know how many broken bones there were were in the MH case (as Otto has pointed out), ranging from "a couple ribs" to "everything crushed to pieces," and second, even if MH had crushed bones, there could be an alternative to a sadistic bone-breaking serial killer (i.e., some or a lot may have been incidentally broken due to where her body was left).

Why does the media keep reporting "skull and bones". Why not they found a skull and "some bones"? Skull and Bones is a Masonic reference.

Skull and Bones = Masonic = Rituals = Skull and Bones.

p.s. the article appears to have been moved or deleted. Are you allowed to cut and paste the article here?

Hannah was incapacitated. Although she was tall and athletic, she didn't have a chance. If she'd had a chance, she could easily have out-run him ... even after she'd been drinking (she was jogging prior to becoming incapacitated at the Tempo restaurant/bar). We know from the rape victim that Jesse starts with a punch to the head. I suspect that happened as soon as Hannah was in his car.

I agree!!! He picked her for a reason!!! moo

I don't think it is done by just standing on the body. The Black Vulture does sometimes crack bones with their beaks. I don't think they would be able to crush bones though. They only weigh between 4-6 pounds.

There was an article provided by a fellow poster describing how the black vultures stomp viciously as they devour. I also read that black vultures have a poor sense of smell but keen eye sight, therefore they follow the red vultures to the findings. To me that "might" say that prior to the black vultures being seen by the landscaper on October 5th the other type(s) of vultures had been there previously.

I've seen links for all of the above while trying to find a fact ... ribs broken, multiple broken bones, splintered bones, crushed bones ... all of it. The only thing that makes a difference for me is memory of broken ribs from years ago. Even if I produced a link about broken ribs, someone, or I, could produce a link for splintered bones to contradict the link for broken ribs.

I don't think the official information has been released.

The autopsy would have been able to tell whether the bones were broken antemortem or postmortem, but MH's autopsy report has never been released either.

Broken ribs makes sense, whether deliberate or not. He's so much bigger than she was that he could have broken bones just from being on top of her. (Oh yuck.)

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/21/property...in-hannah-graham-search-called-teardrop-hill/

"..McDaniel said his grandmother called a portion of the property “Tear Drop Hill” after one of her sons was killed there during a wood chopping accident. The nickname is “very fitting” considering the current circumstances, McDaniel said."

HUH?? what house is that??Beige & green shutters?

eta, OH that is the house on the other side of the graveyard, NOT 3193/3981
prolly can't say who owns it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members