Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started to read the thread last night discussing the gate, and now I can not find the posts I was reading. (Can someone point me in the direction of those, I know it was in Thread #3...)
I am sure hoping they looked that gate top and down if it is the vicinity... I can see a monster in a beat up car, not caring if it gets beat up more and driving his car through it... maybe some paint left behind...

I think they are just done with the case now, and have handed it over the the back room and the DA's office. They've expended a lot of resources on this case, and probably have a lot of catch up to do on other things THey don't need anything any more from the public. THey have Hannah, they have JM and probably sufficient evidence to get what they need, to at least put him a way for the rest of his life. Costs money, takes a lot of time to prep for PCs. Also don't want to say anything that could compromise the case, so a prepared statement looked over by legal is the safest way to go.

<sniped & BBM> FBI - Serial Murder --> http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

&#8226; one or more offenders
&#8226; two or more murdered victims
&#8226; incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
&#8226; the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

X. Media Issues in Serial Murder Investigations

Serial murder cases are inherently newsworthy. Some investigations last for years. Many attract attention because of the type of victims involved, and in others the serial killers themselves are media-attractive. Media attention is exacerbated by the insatiable demands of the twenty-four-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week news reporting industry. The constant news attention on the investigation inevitably results in conflicts with law enforcement.

Often the relationship between law enforcement and the media is not a close one. In some law enforcement agencies, there is a long history of distrust and resentment underpinning this relationship. From the law enforcement perspective, the media publishes unauthorized information from investigations, hypothesizes on investigative progress, and uses talking heads to critique the investigative efforts. From the media&#8217;s standpoint, law enforcement withholds too much information and does not communicate adequately with the media. It is counterproductive for law enforcement to sustain contentious relationships with the media, while attempting to develop an overall strategy for a successful serial murder investigation.

It becomes essential for law enforcement personnel involved in a serial murder investigation to design and implement an effective media plan. The plan should provide timely information on a regular basis, without compromising the investigative endeavors. It is essential for media releases to be closely coordinated with investigative strategies. This helps determine the best times to both educate and solicit information from the public concerning certain aspects of the investigation. Once a media plan is established, law enforcement can be more proactive than reactive in its media strategy.

Symposium attendees provided a number of suggestions regarding media issues:

&#8226; Identify one spokesperson as the Public Information Officer (PIO), to speak on behalf of the investigation. This person would, in conjunction with other members of the investigative effort, prepare releases, make statements, and update the media on behalf of all involved jurisdictions, including forensic laboratories and medical examiners&#8217; offices. To eliminate confusion and controversy, MOUs should include an agreement regarding the designation of a single PIO in multi-jurisdictional, serial murder investigations.

Snipped by me. I think this is key. Plus, they already did a press conference telling us very clearly that they thought it was HG. No need to do another if they are pretty darn certain.

Not to mention, that Chief Longo's compassion and closeness to Hannah Grahams family would make it extremely difficult to hold a presser after closing this chapter of the case.

Longo and even his subordinates, may just be too upset to talk to anyone right now given the amount of effort and personal involvement thats went into this search.

Maybe they are searching in hopes of finding something nearby with JM's DNA, i.e his clothing or more of hers, if DNA was not available on the remains, other than Hannah's. I doubt the delay means this is not Hannah. They may not feel a need to rush an announcement since they believe the perp is behind bars. Jmo

I know Clu, but its unfair to do this to us...My stomach is in knots..

I think the 2005 Fairfax case alone will be enough to put him away for life. They would be wise to spend a lot of effort on that one as well, since they have DNA and they have a victim to actually point a finger at him. I don't see any way of him weaseling out of that one.

I think you misunderstand me. If hes found guilty of the crimes I mentioned I dont think he needs to be put away for life, and become a burden on the system or the taxpayer.

Virginia is a death penalty state and if convicted, I think he deserves no less.

I havent seen LE mention it was Ammonett Creek. In higher elevations especially, there are tons of dry run-off gullys that only fill with heavy rain or snow and then empty into the main creeks. This could be one of them and not actually a creek except in the broadest sense of the word.

In other words, it could actually be a "dry creekbed". One that only empties into Ammonett Creek when theres enough ground water or runoff.

That's what I have thought as well. Some media "reports" have noted Ammonett Creek but all LE has said (as I recall) is a dry creek bed. I don't think LE was referring to Ammonett Creek, but that's just my speculation.

B0e3QXWIIAA2LI9.jpg large.jpg
I thought this might be useful. It was stated that the red circle is where the remains were found, sorry I forgot to add that.

<BBM for Focus>

Imo, The Albemarle Co PD' 1970s antiquated tight lipped investigative strategy of Silence is responsible for enabling sexual predator/serial killer Jesse Matthew to remain stealth for years. Allowing him to prey on many more unsuspecting innocent victims.. Silence by ACPD/VSP was/is JM's most lethal weapon, imo...

"Without public safety for our families, friends, and loved ones.. We have nothing"...

Ditto. Other business that needs to come on the heels of this is the handling of sexual assaults WHERE A FOOTBALL PROGRAM IS INVOLVED!!!!!!

The USGS topo map (which should be pretty darn accurate) shows the creek location coming very close to Old Lynchburg Road. Our site marked with red arrow:

View attachment 61883
The Alberene USGS quad which has this stream is from 1991. Not saying it has happened in this case, but streams can naturally migrate and can also be relocated due to development.

I think we will receive a written statement about the identity, then silence...followed by an indictment/charges for JM in the very near future! The Fairfax Case was silent...then suddenly an indictment/charges appeared out of the blue! Fairfax is a different jurisdiction, but I have a feeling there is a lot going on right now "behind the scenes" and "under the radar" within the court and judicial system of Charlottesville and Albemarle County that we are not aware of.

BBM If he is found guilty of this crime, as well as the death of MH that's nearly good enough IMO.He needs to be shown the same "mercy" he showed his victims and be made an example of to others with zero respect for innocent human lives.

Agreed. Then put him in a dry creek bed and let vultures take care of the rest.

Seems to be taking unusually long to iD the remains. Also question the strategic timing of Fairfax charges, absent concurrent MH charges.... We know these are linked via DNA.

Is LE trying to pressure JLM into cooperating? Whose remains were found? Why does Albermarle PD state: "Once the remains have been identified & next of kin notified, we will share that information." It's not as though it would take long to notify the Grahams.... I'm certain they've been on tenterhooks since the discovery.

I think you misunderstand me. If hes found guilty of the crimes I mentioned I dont think he needs to be put away for life, and become a burden on the system or the taxpayer.

Virginia is a death penalty state and if convicted, I think he deserves no less.

Not that I disagree with it in this case but putting a prisoner to death is a much bigger burden on taxpayers. However, I hope he fries assuming he's convicted.

Not to mention, that Chief Longo's compassion and closeness to Hannah Grahams family would make it extremely difficult to hold a presser after closing this chapter of the case.

Longo and even his subordinates, may just be too upset to talk to anyone right now given the amount of effort and personal involvement thats went into this search.

Since the remains have been turned over to Abermarle County, wouldn't they be the ones making an announcement, giving a statement, or holding a presser?

Seems to be taking unusually long to iD the remains. Also question the strategic timing of Fairfax charges, absent concurrent MH charges.... We know these are linked via DNA.

Is LE trying to pressure JLM into cooperating? Whose remains were found? Why does Albermarle PD state: "Once the remains have been identified & next of kin notified, we will share that information." It's not as though it would take long to notify the Grahams.... I'm certain they've been on tenterhooks since the discovery.
We should remind ourselves that it took 4 days to identify MHs remains. Maybe Richmond ME are just slow. I do think LE will release the report as soon as they have the info...they have been quick to release new findings (just nothing that results from that news, like the search of JMs car and the finding of his old taxi. I'm still itching to know what was found with that!)

I'm wondering if they don't already have an ID, just aren't saying anything yet, for whatever reason.

View attachment 61886
I thought this might be useful. It was stated that the red circle is where the remains were found, sorry I forgot to add that.

To me that is fairly close to the house. I keep going back to thinking something happened in or behind the house and he carried the body just a short distance away.

View attachment 61886

Thank you. That's what I've been saying. This dry creek bed being referred to by LE is MUCH closer to the houses than Ammonett Creek is. IMO. I believe the dry creek bed runs just behind the house in front of that tree line where the crime scene tape was located.

Not that I disagree with it in this case but putting a prisoner to death is a much bigger burden on taxpayers. However, I hope he fries assuming he's convicted.

Ill donate 50 bucks, just tell me where to sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove