Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if they don't already have an ID, just aren't saying anything yet, for whatever reason.
That could be. They could be waiting to get a Go Ahead from the Grahams, to make sure they've told all their family.

<BBM for Focus>

Imo, The Albemarle Co PD' 1970s antiquated tight lipped investigative strategy of Silence is responsible for enabling sexual predator/serial killer Jesse Matthew to remain stealth for years. Allowing him to prey on many more unsuspecting innocent victims.. Silence by ACPD/VSP was/is JM's most lethal weapon, imo...

"Without public safety for our families, friends, and loved ones.. We have nothing"...

I find it highly insulting that you would point the finger at a single LE agency just because they don't wish to fulfill the public's morbid curiosity about the details of this case. His prior assaults were handled by other counties and agencies and the ONLY one responsible for this is JLM, not Albemarle County, not the city of Charlottesville or any other LE agency that may be involved at any point in his life.

Well the Grahams have family members that live in several different countries. They also have family member who is in her 100's. I'm sure with time difference and everything, it's not easy to call them. And I know these relatives are not next of kin, but I get the sense the whole family is close and this is something her parents would want to do before they heard it from the media, etc.

Hi, I've been lurking for quite some time, enjoy reading everyone's posts! I used to live in Charlottesville, but now I'm 2 hours away. I do know the city of Richmond had 5 murders the weekend, the remains were found, so maybe they are just super busy. JMO

Though silence once the suspect is in custody makes sense. Too much silence when trying to find those responsible doesn't make sense. Longo has said on several occasions that this is a very "complex" investigation. I take that to mean that they are gathering an incredible amount of information that may very well link JLM to other crimes. They have to keep their ducks in a row and not be spilling information too readily at this point.

mirv22, I honor and respect your opinion, but respectfully disagree.. Public awareness is not only a very effective investigative tool for LE, but is equally as effective for the prosecution and ongoing investigation.. Serial Murder investigations are marathons and not sprints.. The investigation does not end until all the unknown victims are identified and located if possible, imo.. There are many unanswered questions in Jesse Matthew's decade long evil trail of terror, imo.. Where would this case be without the tremendous amount of awareness created by CPD Chief Tim Longo via ms media/internet social sites and ensuing citizen tips?

Hi, I've been lurking for quite some time, enjoy reading everyone's posts! I used to live in Charlottesville, but now I'm 2 hours away. I do know the city of Richmond had 5 murders the weekend, the remains were found, so maybe they are just super busy. JMO
5 murders! My goodness.
Welcome first post! :)

Not that I disagree with it in this case but putting a prisoner to death is a much bigger burden on taxpayers. However, I hope he fries assuming he's convicted.

According to this, it costs $72.99/day to house an inmate in Virginia in 2012. It can only have gone up since then. Over 50 years (making him 82), that'd be $1.3 million dollars without adjusting for inflation.

It can't cost that much to put a needle in his arm.

http://leg2.state.va.us/dls/h&sdocs...4ec296ee712e357285256ee8006fc0e9?OpenDocument

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) -

"A violent weekend in the River City leaves 4 dead, bringing this year's total homicide count to 37."
This article said their was 4, I thought it was 5, maybe the 5th one occurred outside of the city.

mirv22, I honor and respect your opinion, but respectfully disagree.. Public awareness is not only a very effective investigative tool for LE, but is equally as effective for the prosecution and ongoing investigation.. Serial Murder investigations are marathons and not sprints.. The investigation does not end until all the unknown victims are identified and located if possible, imo.. There are many unanswered questions in Jesse Matthew's decade long evil trail of terror, imo.. Where would this case be without the tremendous amount of awareness created by CPD Chief Tim Longo via ms media/internet social sites and ensuing citizen tips?

Won't argue with that Foxfire.....very valid points. I guess I just feel that we do not need to know many details regarding the investigations. However, if it will help to identify other victims...absolutely.

Seems to be taking unusually long to iD the remains. Also question the strategic timing of Fairfax charges, absent concurrent MH charges.... We know these are linked via DNA.

Is LE trying to pressure JLM into cooperating? Whose remains were found? Why does Albermarle PD state: "Once the remains have been identified & next of kin notified, we will share that information." It's not as though it would take long to notify the Grahams.... I'm certain they've been on tenterhooks since the discovery.

I remember when Jessica Ridgeway was found. They found a body disnembered but LE said they believed it was her. A few days later they held of press conference. It was so darn sad.

watch jessicas presser here
http://abcnews.go.com/News/jessica-...Entry?id=17467827&ref=https://www.google.com/

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) -

"A violent weekend in the River City leaves 4 dead, bringing this year's total homicide count to 37."
This article said their was 4, I thought it was 5, maybe the 5th one occurred outside of the city.

Didn't they also find human remains while investigating another crime, an officer involved shooting? That may be the 5th you were thinking of.

According to this, it costs $72.99/day to house an inmate in Virginia in 2012. It can only have gone up since then. Over 50 years (making him 82), that'd be $1.3 million dollars without adjusting for inflation.

http://leg2.state.va.us/dls/h&sdocs...4ec296ee712e357285256ee8006fc0e9?OpenDocument

Not speaking with any REAL knowledge, but I imagine TheBunk was referring to the appeal process that automatically comes with death penalty sentences and associated court costs etc etc. It takes YEARS to finally put someone to death. So not only did they get "housed" at $72.99 (or more) a day until their death...there were also many many costs associated with the appeals process.

I'm not sure the remains are those of HG's, but what I do believe if they aren't hers, is they could still be a victim of JM's. So with enough evidence he could still be convicted of more, I know it might be far fetched, but nothing has surprised me about this case yet. JM IS far fetched.

Me too and they did ask at the most recent PC for anyone who'd seen JM in the area to come forward. Yikes.

Well the Grahams have family members that live in several different countries. They also have family member who is in her 100's. I'm sure with time difference and everything, it's not easy to call them. And I know these relatives are not next of kin, but I get the sense the whole family is close and this is something her parents would want to do before they heard it from the media, etc.
Well, very sadly, there is no need to hurry really.
The video of that night is key in this case. And it lead to the break in the 2005 case and the MH case...perhaps more. What happened to Hannah is horrible. Maybe her family can take some sort of comfort in knowing that she has helped put an end to JM doing any more horrible things.

This is OT but it costs quite a bit more than that to execute. EDIT: Mirv is correct.

Like someone else said, I'd gladly donate to have it done. Unbelievable what this guy has done.

Hoping to hear confirmation today and more charges soon.

I think we will receive a written statement about the identity, then silence...followed by an indictment/charges for JM in the very near future! The Fairfax Case was silent...then suddenly an indictment/charges appeared out of the blue! Fairfax is a different jurisdiction, but I have a feeling there is a lot going on right now "behind the scenes" and "under the radar" within the court and judicial system of Charlottesville and Albemarle County that we are not aware of.
I think you're right and since they probably are checking out every other case in the area that JLM could have been involved in which involves a lot more people and jurisdiction which makes this sticky and a little bit of a hide and go seek operation. They have to keep everyone tight lipped and tread carefully for the sake of other families of victims. If they go after him, they want to go hard because they believe he is guilty of more than one and if he isn't convicted of more than one then they want to make sure that his sentence doesn't reflect that. So again, ducks in a row with a slippery character who has murdered women viciously and has a schedule to which he sticks.

If it isn't Hannah, then LE will so say, and more searches for Hannah would likely start up. It took 4 days for MH's ID to be announced. And this was a Saturday find. If LE doesn't announce by the end of the week, it starts getting suspicious to me. Unless she did not go to a dentist or the dental records were not available. Yes, I know some folks who have never had dental exrays done, or just done of their molars Unlikely for someone of Hannah's background but possible.

I agree with this but FWIW Holly Bobo's remains were found on Sunday 11/7/14 and announced on Tue 11/9/14 and she was missing 3 years so every case is different.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-tennessee-womans-remains-identified-authorities/story?id=25367633

In this case they said that the case is now a "death investigation" and cancelled the search scheduled for the next day. Saying they would not 'jump to conclusions', IMO is the wise and careful approach and refers more to protocol than to doubt.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...udent-hannah-graham-reports-article-1.1979168

Every case is different, but in this case I think Longo is not willing to publicly confirm just based on dental and would wait for DNA, and yes DNA can be extracted from teeth and bone after a very long time depending on what type of DNA you hope for - mitochondrial or nuclear.

That alone would dictate how long the testing would take, so I would give it a week also before doubting that it is, in fact Hanna. I feel that LE is willing to wait because so much of this case is related to at least 2 other cases and maybe more. If being careful and precise means that Hanna's life was lost to "save the Next Girl", well then I can wait as long as Chief Longo., while hoping for TODAY.

My apologies if this has been covered already but there are so many pages of one line, repetitive posts that it has become impossible ' for me ' to catch up with the actual facts of the case while wading through the chit chat - not knocking anyone and I don't mean it sarcastically, but we are on the 4th thread since she was found and already up to 170 comments in just 3 hours, LOL OY, my brain!

:moo:

View attachment 61886
I thought this might be useful. It was stated that the red circle is where the remains were found, sorry I forgot to add that.

If this is correct (and looks to be so thanks for posting) then my thoughts of HG being in the woods off to the left side of the cottage would be wrong. And that is very scary to me because I was thinking off the side of the cottage due to tree cover driving in. What you have posted shows that he prob just drove right up that open driveway. There is great cover behind the house, but to just drive up that driveway out in the open, even in the dark, is very bold....scary.
He either doesn't think that deeply about it or he just doesn't care.
Anyway, thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member