Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel that normal decay progression would cause only bones to remain after just five weeks. But in Virginia, especially in rural areas such as the location where Hannah's remains were located, there are many scavengers. Possums, Coons, Buzzards and coyotes just to name the most popular. As unpleasant as the scene would have been, it's possible that within a few days or a week or two, the flesh was consumed.. I have seen mature deer killed by autos be reduced to nothing but scattered bones in just a few days.. And, contrary to what some believe and a prior post, vultures will feed in dense wooded areas, I have seen it on many occasions being a lifelong hunter... With Hannah's remains being located in a "dried creek bed", this can give possible explanation to the absence of hair. There are many water run off ravines that only stream during periods of rain, we had rain a week ago that could have streamed enough water to remove lose hair and take it down stream..

Here is a photo that has the area of recovery circled. I should point out that being fixated on the dry creek bed description and expecting it to be obvious is a little off base. It could be a long line of creek bed material or it could be a small stretch of residual ancient creek activity. My home sits right on a dry creek bed, the creek that formed it is now below the home and would never feed the dry portion and it is not obvious to the naked eye unless you are an insurance premium adjuster and was looking for a reason to jack up my home insurance for any reason. :)

View attachment 61890

IMO the area you circled is not the creek bed it is sunlight breaking through the shadows. I enhanced the contrast and it is more clear here :

Attachments

• oldlynchburgcrimescene3.jpg
    oldlynchburgcrimescene3.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 394
who added the red circle to this? Its not in the original c'ville article and seems to cover a rather large area including much space beyond the yellow tape.

CNN is saying only the skull has been sent to Richmond...that the rest of the remains are still at the scene and they are looking for additional remains..for Hannah and any possible others.

FWIW, the Fairfax charges do not carry the death penalty in VA.

And different topic: assuming murder charges in HG case (and MH case too) are filed against JM, I assume those will be filed in Albemarle Co, since that's where the bodies were found? So it's Albemarle Co investigators in charge, and Longo/CPD supports their efforts but is not in charge? (I can't help saying I sure wish Longo were still running the whole investigative shebang.)
Does anyone have info on how strong/good/successful the Albemarle Co prosecutor's office is?

I feel both jurisdictions will be working together on both of these cases, however. Esp. in Hannah's, since the main charge currently occurred in the City of Charlottesville (the abduction charge). Depending on what charges are filed in MH's case, the two departments will likely need to work together very closely on evidence findings i.e. the videotapes from the DTM are crucial in proving HG left the City with JM.

True, but we never know, he may have started out by the cottage and then somehow they ended up there, most likely because she ran, she may have thought that someone lived there and ran for help, you never know.
The thing that gets me is where that police tape was, it almost seems that she was found in the yard vs in the woods, otherwise why was the tape so close to the house?

There is a big grove of trees behind the house, within the tape, that easily could hold a dry creek bed. And I think they taped off the house as well so they could search it for evidence.

Hillbilly, sorry if my observations, conclusions, and opinions offend you. The innocent victims of the Silent Epidemic and their families are my primary concern...They have no voice...
Actually I didn't point the finger at a single LEA. I also pointed the finger at VSP, that imo utilizes the same antiquated 1970s investigative strategy of Silence which only causes more innocent lives lost and mounting cold cases. We are now in the communications era. There is over 180,000 unsolved missing/murdered cold cases in the USA due to LEAs that adhere to this strategy of the past.. The American Public is the most valuable investigative resource of LE. Why would they squander this very valuable tool? JMO

I too am a fighter for victims rights, Foxfire. In my professional life, I work with multiple agencies to put these types of predatory criminals behind bars, in my private life, I am VERY active with HSTNG and keeping the local missing in this area in the public's eye. However, trying to blame LE agencies for JLMs actions was off base. If you want to get into finger pointing, why not blame the ones who didn't pursue charges while you are at it?

The strategy of silence and keeping most evidence out of the public eye is a prosecution strategy to ensure that not only are the victim's rights protected, but (unfortunately in this case) also the accused. Limiting the release of information works very well to get justice. While we may be in a communications era now, the general public has no right to access to any evidence in an active investigation at this stage.

Marlena Baldacci ‏@MarlenaCNN 2m2 minutes ago
Skeletal remains found in search for #HannahGraham still at crime scene, after they've been removed, investigators will dig for more #CNN

Marlena Baldacci @MarlenaCNN · 2m 2 minutes ago
According to a police source, investigators are looking in the area to see if this is a dumping ground for bodies, from @JeanCasarezCNN #CNN

https://twitter.com/MarlenaCNN

He still could have used that side/tree covered access to pull in, IMO.

But if it didn't, and just drove right on up to the front door mat, it wouldn't surprise me. He looked to be operating on some serious "I am invincible tonight" thoughts that night. Brazen, didn't care who saw him. Really out there in the open. As many here have said- it didn't appear he was thinking about anything other than himself that night.

Welcome to WebSleuths!!!

This is a man who fled from authorities while they were tailing him, during a high profile, nationally reported missing person's investigation in which he was the prime PoI. Then, he pitched a tent on a beach w/o even having fake ID or a good cover, a haircut, untraceable car, etc., and mooched fish off of other campers.

I can't speak to JLM's street smarts, but he is demonstrably comfortable with extreme risk-taking in light of all that he's been associated with over the years. Brazen, arrogant, violent, impulsive, selfish. He doesn't strike me as someone who would be worried about an expired inspection sticker or driving up behind an abandoned building. He's not like most of us.

Some think he's smart b/c he's gotten away with so much for so long.... Instead, it just appears to be shockingly easy to get away with things, esp. if the victim was as incapacitated as eyewitnesses claim HG was.

I would have no way of hearing someone in the middle of the night unless there was an extended, loud commotion. Then there are even cases like Elizabeth Smart and Danielle van Dam, who were abducted right from their own bedrooms.

Then it must not be related to the case. I do wonder what it is?

The first white square seen in the picture, looks to be beside an area where someone? has been pulling into the yard to the left of the driveway.

Was it JLM and they are collecting evidence there?

Or is the area becoming a parking spot for LE?

Marlena Baldacci ‏@MarlenaCNN 2m2 minutes ago
Skeletal remains found in search for #HannahGraham still at crime scene, after they've been removed, investigators will dig for more #CNN

Marlena Baldacci @MarlenaCNN · 2m 2 minutes ago
According to a police source, investigators are looking in the area to see if this is a dumping ground for bodies, from @JeanCasarezCNN #CNN

And there it is.

Thanks, it is also in the street view and looks low to the ground like a cold frame for plants maybe.

I thought maybe even a stump, but you are right--it is not a particularly significant looking object.

The first white square seen in the picture, looks to be beside an area where someone? has been pulling into the yard to the left of the driveway.

Was it JLM and they are collecting evidence there?

Or is the area becoming a parking spot for LE?

It's on the Google Maps pic, too, which is an old picture. There's a second one in that picture as well (Google). I've been curious but not curious enough to ask. :)

Follow

Now I'm confused...lol

CNN is saying only the skull has been sent to Richmond...that the rest of the remains are still at the scene and they are looking for additional remains..for Hannah and any possible others.

That doesn't surprise me based on the description given by the man who located the remains (along with his team).

This is a man who fled from authorities while they were tailing him, during a high profile, nationally reported missing person's investigation in which he was the prime PoI. Then, he pitched a tent on a beach w/o even having fake ID or a good cover, a haircut, untraceable car, etc., and mooched fish off of other campers.

I can't speak to JLM's street smarts, but he is demonstrably comfortable with extreme risk-taking in light of all that he's been associated with over the years. Brazen, arrogant, violent, impulsive, selfish. He doesn't strike me as someone who would be worried about an expired inspection sticker or driving up behind an abandoned building. He's not like most of us.

Some think he's smart b/c he's gotten away with so much for so long.... Instead, it just appears to be shockingly easy to get away with things, esp. if the victim was as incapacitated as eyewitnesses claim HG was.

I would have no way of hearing someone in the middle of the night unless there was an extended, loud commotion. Then there are even cases like Elizabeth Smart and Danielle van Dam, who were abducted right from their own bedrooms.

Yes, this. And don't forget how his OWN friends and family told him he looked like the 2005 sketch. Yet...continue he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime