Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the location where these remains were found, and considering yesterday's arrest of the suspected serial killer who used several abandoned houses in the commission of his crimes (and dumped his most recent victims within a 5 mile radius of each other), I am afraid that there may be more similar crime scenes in this area involving abandoned houses. I think this would be something that realtors could especially help with, looking through all their records to see which listings were vacant in the area (5 mile radius, maybe more), and when. jmo And really go through all those areas with a fine tooth comb. Maybe this is already being done...jmo

These reddish/orange cars (3 now, right?) are worrisome and interesting...I really think we need to collect these images together for analysis. jmo I mean, its not like these cars are sitting in people's driveways, kwim?

This is really rough and sloppy. Please excuse the black background and white road but I didn't want to change my AutoCAD setup. I basically screen captured the 1945 USGS topo map and traced it in CAD. The green arrow is about where the current house is located. You can see a dirt road was running just below (south) of the house. The older 1929 map shows that as being the original road with none to the north of the house. Note the road running south through the property with a couple of structures on it. I'd guess they're long gone, but who knows?

Graham-18.jpg

Repeating my post from 9:06 this morning re JM cooperating:

I've copied this post from the "Fairfax Rape" thread, but thought posters on this thread would be interested in this as well:

Was listening to CNN "New Day" on Sirius XM Radio on the way to work this morning (between 7:00 and 7:15, I think), Alisyn Camerota speaking about the Fairfax charges, stated that Jesse Matthew is "cooperating with the investigation."

www.cnn.com/go/

This is the first I've heard of JM cooperating with anyone.

If you have CNN on cable or satellite, you can register for CNN Go and watch today's programming online.

My apologies if this has already been covered here this morning. I can't take the time to catch up with posts right now.

This girl is still alive, has damming evidence against him and can talk! So he probably has a reason to be cooperating etc..it somehow behooves him..not so much with the others IMO!

<BBM for Focus>

Imo, The Albemarle Co PD' 1970s antiquated tight lipped investigative strategy of Silence is responsible for enabling sexual predator/serial killer Jesse Matthew to remain stealth for years. Allowing him to prey on many more unsuspecting innocent victims.. Silence by ACPD/VSP was/is JM's most lethal weapon, imo...

"Without public safety for our families, friends, and loved ones.. We have nothing"...

what information specifically would you have released that was not released that you think would have effected the outcome? Thats a pretty bold statement.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Joh...9c9afa!2m2!1d-78.6125319!2d37.9786118!3e2!4e1

Yours is a really interesting (but scary) thought. If you google Copely Road (where MH was last seen) to 3193 Old Lynchburg, it is pretty much a straight shot. Did JM go to 3193 first that night that MH was abducted? Did he intend to, but something made him turn and head to Anchorage Farm instead?

OR--was Anchorage Farm supposed to be his "den", but he had to change after MH was found? This brings up the fact that he registered his old house on ponderosa trail (right between Cville and 3193) AFTER he killed MH. Was that so he would always have an "excuse" to drive up Old Lynchburg?

Didn't an abandoned house burn down on Anchorage Farm the day after MH remains were found?

Repeating my post from 9:06 this morning re JM cooperating:

I've copied this post from the "Fairfax Rape" thread, but thought posters on this thread would be interested in this as well:

Was listening to CNN "New Day" on Sirius XM Radio on the way to work this morning (between 7:00 and 7:15, I think), Alisyn Camerota speaking about the Fairfax charges, stated that Jesse Matthew is "cooperating with the investigation."

www.cnn.com/go/

This is the first I've heard of JM cooperating with anyone.

If you have CNN on cable or satellite, you can register for CNN Go and watch today's programming online.

My apologies if this has already been covered here this morning. I can't take the time to catch up with posts right now.

First I've heard too. What is there to cooperate with those charges? The others had some elements of discussion, but that one is a slam dunk IMO. I thought there was a chance that he wasn't responsible for that one because the MO was so different.

You know, maybe a guilty, no contest plea to save the DA, county , state, a trial and the so the victim will not have testify, show up, etc.

OT Anyone else have DISH? So mad this morning to discover CNN HLN etc were pulled off DISH due to dispute. JMO

Isn't it possible that maybe they should search downstream too? I mean if ever there was water in there it could have washed a lot of stuff away, don't you think?

But this is not 3193 this is at the side of the entrance road to the Walnut Creek Park. 37.936377, -78.592439

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/37%C2%B056'11.0%22N+78%C2%B035'32.8%22W/@37.936377,-78.592439,303m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Why are CNN showing this and not 3193, colour me confused.

The scanner thread might help with some of the confusion. Additionally, it was stated the first day that LE had a mobile command post set up at the park itself (at the entrance, I believe?).

Lots of questions as to why their command post would be that far away from where the remains were found, but IMO, they will have to search that entire area.

OT Anyone else have DISH? So mad this morning to discover CNN HLN etc were pulled off DISH due to dispute. JMO

U know Jane Velez Mitchell was cancelled. make me mad, she was really a strong voice for finding Hannah Graham and Morgan. She of course said JM innocent till proven guilty but evidence pile/charges up. Wonder what is taking ME so long. Dental record can be done within hours

<respectfully sniped for space>

Ammonett Branch appears to be a babbling brook...

http://catrineayrshirecouk.ipage.com/brook.htm

The Babbling Brook

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I come from haunts of coot and hern,
I make a sudden sally,
And sparkle out among the fern,
To bicker down a valley.

By thirty hills I hurry down,
Or slip between the ridges,
By twenty thorps, a little town,
And half a hundred bridges.

Till last by Philip's farm I flow
To join the brimming river,
For men may come and men may go,
But I go on for ever.

<sniped - read more>

Oh, Foxfire...very nice. I grew up near the New River in VA and have a soft spot for babbling brooks and rivers and their relative permanence in our otherwise fleeting world. All the things they have witnessed, good and horrific:(

Isn't it possible that maybe they should search downstream too? I mean if ever there was water in there it could have washed a lot of stuff away, don't you think?

I am in Richmond and we have had a few flash floods as of late. Lots of rain in a short amount of time.

This is really rough and sloppy. Please excuse the black background and white road but I didn't want to change my AutoCAD setup. I basically screen captured the 1945 USGS topo map and traced it in CAD. The green arrow is about where the current house is located. You can see a dirt road was running just below (south) of the house. The older 1929 map shows that as being the original road with none to the north of the house. Note the road running south through the property with a couple of structures on it. I'd guess they're long gone, but who knows?

View attachment 61924

John, that's a great find there. I think I did see some houses in that area on Google maps, yet it is really good to know about old roads. I live near one and remnants of it are still there... (to make it clear... NOT in VA, I live in PA) Another road that I know got changed but you would never know by looking now. So I guess it depends on if the department wanted to spend money in making sure it was gone or not.

Frankly, I"m still more concerned about the old road that is at the upper portion and to the left of your map. If I am understanding correctly, that is some really hidden areas back there. I still can't shake the feeling that there is something about that area down there that needs to be investigated.

The scanner thread might help with some of the confusion. Additionally, it was stated the first day that LE had a mobile command post set up at the park itself (at the entrance, I believe?).

Lots of questions as to why their command post would be that far away from where the remains were found, but IMO, they will have to search that entire area.

Oh I know sorry, I am terrible at explaining myself (I'm aware of the scanner I'm listening ;) ) I just mean MSM have made little to no mention about the crime scene tape, all I saw is 1 tweet early on, and why are they showing what must be old video? Oh maybe LE are not permitting helicopters to take footage of the house and crime scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus