Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New search for AM leads me to think the remain are HG and they have link JM to AM.

Wow yeah. Why else would they be looking for her now? Did RAT give up her location and point to JM? But yes I agree it makes it look like remains are HG, or at the least we can rule out AM.

https://twitter.com/NBC29/status/524646691551842307

JUST IN: @HenryGraff reports other #HannahGraham search warrant dates include 9/26, 9/28 & continue thru this week. Again all are sealed.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 2m2 minutes ago
JUST IN: @HenryGraff reports Albe. court says numerous search warrants in #HannahGraham case are under seal. First one dated 9/23/14

Makes sense. It's probably for places associated with JLM, such as work locker, family homes, perhaps even the one for where that taxi van was found. I wonder if we'll ever find out anything about the sealed Nelson County warrant.

Now that is quite interesting...

Maybe they got tips for searching from Hannah's search and feel they could use them to help find am.. Like the 8 Mile search grid etc? Jmo

Wow yeah. Why else would they be looking for her now? Did RAT give up her location and point to JM? But yes I agree it makes it look like remains are HG, or at the least we can rule out AM.

Wonder if JM is talking?

JUST IN: Nelson Authorities tell @HenryGraff they will start new search for #AlexisMurphy. No date or location given.

This is SO interesting. I didn't follow the AM case but I have been reading a bit about it lately. When I heard RAT's lawyer saying they were awaiting the forensics reports (paraphrase) I began to wonder whether JM had been involved. There was a ton of evidence in RATs home, correct? But he continually denies killing her? Did RAT and JM know each other? Share? OMG it is too creepy and awful. But my gut says yes....

New search for AM leads me to think the remain are HG and they have link JM to AM.

I hope that is not true.
I hope that Nelson county was able to make connections with SAR volunteers who offered to help them in their effort ,since RAT is filing paperwork and trying his dumb stuff. Having 2 serial killers in a area trying to use each other as reasonable doubt is completely insane.

Whoa. Can anyone find a link to the testimony of seeing her with the black guy with dreads?
WHAT?! Something big is going on here. Alexis Murphy's convicted killer is behind bars. There is NO WAY LE would let this news slip unless they have evidence JM was involved. I am betting they got a match on his DNA with the beer bottle at RAT's trailer. Remember there was that one witness at RAT's trial who testified to having seen AM near a parking garage in downtown C'ville the night/early morning she went missing with a black guy with dreads and a burgundy car. Mods - please move if necessary.

I'm not sure if he still is in Farmville but he was and we have a missing person there too, dating back to I think like 2003? Don't quote me on that, but she became missing like all the rest. Was walking alone and vanished from the face of the earth.

Who was that? Is there a pointer to any information about her?

eta: Never mind, I see you included it later. Thanks! I'll repeat it in case anybody else is looking for it: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brooks_la-teasha.html

Local news last night interviewed AM's aunt. They stated at the end of the broadcast, there would be a new search for her starting in November or December. So maybe that's what the update was about?

Broadcast last night did not indicate the new search would be near Old Lynchburg Road. But of course many things have changed over the past 20 hours, maybe there are some new leads.

JUST IN: Nelson Authorities tell @HenryGraff they will start new search for #AlexisMurphy. No date or location given.

So RAT is the one that was arrested, but this may mean that JM is involved too and they have something linking him? I wasn't on WS when this happened, just need the cliff note version of what happened. Thanks.

I found this: Attorney Michael Hallahan said in two interviews on NBC29 last week that Taylor admits to meeting Murphy in a gas station parking lot in Lovingston where both of them were spotted on surveillance footage. He said the teen told Taylor she “knew a guy” who could sell him marijuana. They drove separately to Taylor’s camper, Hallahan said, where “a black male, mid- to late-20s, cornrows and a 20-year-old burgundy Caprice with 22-inch wheels” met them, sold Taylor $60 worth of pot, and eventually left, with Murphy following in her own car—the same Nissan found three days later in a Charlottesville parking lot. When investigators found a hair of Murphy’s at the camper, they arrested Taylor, Hallahan said, evidence he called shaky grounds for an abduction charge. (BBM)

http://www.c-ville.com/suspect-in-alexis-murphy-case-has-long-history-with-the-law/#.VEbAzYfD66I

Local news last night interviewed AM's aunt. They stated at the end of the broadcast, there would be a new search for her starting in November or December. So maybe that's what the update was about?

Broadcast last night did not indicate the new search would be near Old Lynchburg Road. But of course many things have changed over the past 20 hours, maybe there are some new leads.

I would image with all the high tec stuff they were using in HG search ,it would produce leads in other cases as well even if those cases are not related.

Almost 4:30, been almost 2 business days since the ME has had the remains. If dental records were used it would be take at max 4 hours or so? Wonder what hold up is.

Investigators are looking in the Albemarle County area where human remains were found Saturday to see if it is a dumping ground for bodies, sources told CNN.

SNIP

Sources told CNN that skeletal remains are still at the crime scene. Once the rest of those remains are removed, investigators will dig several feet below to collect the dirt that was under the torso, CNN reports.

Investigators are scouring the area for more clothing and other potential evidence, sources said.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...uva-student-remains-found-albemarle/17665449/

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I'm just now catching up from last night's posts.

From the article posted here by tlcya (thanks, btw!), it sounds like her body wasn't send to the ME in Richmond; only her skull was sent. If that's the case they are REALLY being super careful in this investigation, making sure they don't miss a single microscopic bit of evidence.

I'm with everyone else here who thinks these are definitely Hannah's remains, and that hers may possibly be the first set of remains to be found in this area. :(

eta: Sorry! I am now seeing that you sleuthers already discussed this many pages ago. The link that Bessie added was very helpful! I was thinking it would probably be more to see if things he touched or left his dna on wouldn't have been washed away as the exposed and top layers probably were.

Here's a view of the Ammonett Branch creek:

Ammonett-Branch-1-1024x682.jpg

"Madison Cummings’ property lies to the northeast of that intersection, and Ammonett Branch, fed by multiple springs, tumbles through his land as a gurgling creek with a steady flow. It might be little more than a gully at its headwaters near the investigation site—maps show that the small tributary runs for less than two miles from that spot before it empties into the South Fork of the Hardware River at Diggs Mill—but Cummings said his stretch of the stream has only run dry once in his 10 years there."

http://www.c-ville.com/discovery-remains-new-charges-jesse-matthew-offer-hope-closure/#.VEa-Iu8tDIV

I would image with all the high tec stuff they were using in HG search ,it would produce leads in other cases as well even if those cases are not related.

Yes, I would imagine so as well. The story last night inferred the new search for Alexis would be more towards Lovingston.

I can't imagine though waiting until November or December to do a re-search for her. Possibly because of coordination efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5