Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, right now JM would be stupid to talk since there aren't any murder charges on him regarding HG or MH. I could see AM's family pressuring Nelson County for more searches since c-ville really threw everything possible at this search and, hopefully, have found HG. Then again, it's also interesting that yesterday the nelson county attnys said they were still waiting for DNA testing and then this search info released today...
This is the first I've heard about the DNA testing update. Dp you have a link where NCounty talks about their wait on the DNA? I'm assuming this is the JM DNA compared to the unknown DNA in the AM case?

How do we know they didn't get tons of evidence? I think just the opposite--the reason they are spending so much time not telling us anything is because they have hit some sort of unexpected jackpot. JMO.

Ah, to clarify I meant HG's body, as opposed to bones.

Va is a death penalty state.

Someone else pointed out that he didnt try to kill himself while on the run from LE.

This mean he places a high value on his own life at least.

Maybe now that hes had plenty of time to think about things hes started to get worried.....and he should be IMO.

If LE can prove that he murdered MH and HG then I'll bet you any amount of money that hes executed....regardless of any plea deals or cooperation on his part.

LE are people, just like us.And you can bet if someone is acting like JLMs friend inside of jail its not from any fellow feeling or sense of camaraderie shared with JLM.

Its to get him to talk....in any way possible.

I don't think anyone would argue that he might try to broker information to get out of the DP, but he would be foolish to do it before he had any idea what the have on him.

This is the first I've heard about the DNA testing update. Dp you have a link where NCounty talks about their wait on the DNA? I'm assuming this is the JM DNA compared to the unknown DNA in the AM case?

it was in their own press release i'm sure its on their website was about 3 weeks ago.

Someone else pointed out very astutely that he didnt try to kill himself while on the run from LE.

He also didnt confront them with a gun.

Maybe now that hes had plenty of time to think about things hes started to get worried.....and he should be IMO.

If LE can prove that he murdered MH and HG then I'll bet you any amount of money that hes executed....regardless of any plea deals or cooperation on his part. bbm

LE are people, just like us. And you can bet if someone from LE is acting like JLMs friend inside of jail its not from any fellow feeling or sense of camaraderie.

Can anyone give an example of a case where someone with an attorney made a plea deal--information in exchange for life in prison rather than the death penalty--and then the legal system went ahead and gave them the death penalty anyway?

Someone else pointed out very astutely that he didnt try to kill himself while on the run from LE.

If LE can prove that he murdered MH and HG then I'll bet you any amount of money that hes executed....regardless of any plea deals or cooperation on his part.

LE are people, just like us. And you can bet if someone from LE is acting like JLMs friend inside of jail its not from any fellow feeling or sense of camaraderie.

Yes if he is charged with these, that's when he would try and bargain to get the DP taken off the table, if he has knowledge of other missing persons. Why would he talk now, that would leave him nothing to bargain with if need be.

I don't think anyone would argue that he might try to broker information to get out of the DP, but he would be foolish to do it before he had any idea what the have on him.

There isnt any law on the books that Im aware that prevents LE or guards from saying things to the prisoner...even if theyre untrue....... in an attempt to get him to talk.

They could have told him that they found Hannahs body days ago. Just to see what his reaction would be.

Im not even sure if he allowed television, visitation or other privileges such as the newspaper at this point so he could be completely in the dark as to whats going on.

Im basing the "good guard" act on what Ive personally witnessed in my misspent youth. Some of them would indeed act like your best friend, give you extra food, kid around and joke and then ask a serious question when no one was around to get you to talk.

I spent 3 months in a county jail due to non-violent drug charges when I was 18. Been clean ever since.

Other prisoners even warned each other about the guards doing this, but since hes in solitary confinement/presumably on suicide watch then he wouldnt know that.

Some have speculated this primarily because RAT's own attorney has requested DNA testing on JM.

Yes, although the speculation began before the request:) I think people don't want to believe we have had at least two serial predators/killers in the area. But really, I just think this DNA test request is not high on the priority list with other pressing cases if you know what I mean. I see an "of course, we will test to make sure justice has been served but we will get to it in the order in which it was received." As it should be imo. RAT's own story won't be supported by a DNA match since he claims the cornrow (not dreads) guy left the camper with Alexis and all was well.

Here in CA is DP state too but 741 people on death row chances of dying of old age, suicide, or illness is greater than being executed. I believe last one was Clarence Ray Allen in Jan 2006. Sadly, too many automatic appeals in death penalty cases. Cost state and taxpayers lots of money.

There isnt any law on the books that Im aware that prevents LE or guards from saying things to the prisoner...even if theyre untrue....... in an attempt to get him to talk.

They could have told him that they found Hannahs body days ago.

Im not even sure if he allowed television, visitation or other privileges such as the newspaper at this point so he could be completely in the dark as to whats going on.

Im basing the "good guard" act on what Ive personally witnessed in my misspent youth. Some of them would indeed act like your best friend, give you extra food, kid around and joke and then ask a serious question when no one was around to get you to talk.

I spent 3 months in a county jail due to non-violent drug charges when I was 18. Been clean ever since.

Other prisoners even warned each other about the guards doing this, but since hes in solitary confinement/presumably on suicide watch then he wouldnt know that.
Good insight.

I can understand not having local resources.. but why not pull in more from others.. Heck, I know someone (who is a cop) who was pulled to another locale almost a state away because they were low on resources... so why not just do that?

Because they've already used up all the available pull-away resources hunting for Hannah?

Can anyone give an example of a case where someone with an attorney made a plea deal--information in exchange for life in prison rather than the death penalty--and then the legal system went ahead and gave them the death penalty anyway?

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/can-the-judge-reject-plea-deal.html

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7439319_can-judge-overturn-plea-agreement_.html

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-611282.html

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-convictions-get-overturned-after-the-plea-agre-476133.html

http://criminal.lawyers.com/criminal-law-basics/plea-bargains-or-agreements-and-sentencing.html

The judge can either accept or reject a plea agreement, at which time the defendant is allowed to change their plea before sentencing. Sentencing is at the sole discretion of the judge and they often take into consideration the particulars of the case as well as public safety.

Yes, although the speculation began before the request:) I think people don't want to believe we have had at least two serial predators/killers in the area. But really, I just think this DNA test request is not high on the priority list with other pressing cases if you know what I mean. I see an "of course, we will test to make sure justice has been served but we will get to it in the order in which it was received." As it should be imo. RAT's own story won't be supported by a DNA match since he claims the cornrow (not dreads) guy left the camper with Alexis and all was well.
Does anyone know how DNA matching works?
In my mind, it's like it was shown to be on Dexter. The information gets put into the computer, someone presses ENTER, and the computer runs through looking for a match. It seems if it were that simple, it would take 10 minutes to run JM against the AM file.

How does it really work?[emoji5]

I think CNN is getting things confused as they have done a lot with this case imo. Parker Slaybaugh said today or last night that Jesse Matthew is cooperative with the staff at the jail. He does have a toilet in his cell. He is allowed 1 hour out each day to exercise and shower. If you go to his Facebook page, you can see the exact wording. I think that CNN is sloppy and takes what local reporters are saying and turns them into a bad game of telephone. But maybe they have a scoop, I don't know. I just doubt it:)

Exactly. Jean C on CNN reported the day remains were found that they were found IN a structure, so LE could gather more evidence, blah blah blah. I think we're more careful about stating things as "fact" here on WS than they are over at CNN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee