Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No word yet on identification? Kind of odd at the 4 day mark.

We've been waiting on ID of the Deland, FL remains for 6 months to see if they are or aren't Heather Elvis :( it doesn't always happen quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what this is about, but assuming a relative had legal issues that are public record, why would we not be allowed to discuss that? I'm not trying to be argumentative - just want to understand the reason behind the rule.
Only if relative is a POI.
At minimum, it's off topic. Not sure if there's another thread better suited?

[Edited: Whoops, already answered up-thread from this reply (quoted below). Apologies all!]

Many people have troubled pasts. We're not here to dig into all of them. Unless the charges are directly related to the case(s) at hand, relatives and friends are considered innocent bystanders, and are off limits.

Thanks for asking. It's a good question.

From Charlottesville Multisports FB page:

To the participants and spectators of the Wisdom Oak Winery Triathlon: You likely have heard through media sources a UVA college student, Hannah Graham, was reported missing on September 13, 2014. Hannah was last seen on September 12, in Charlottesville Va. This past week, human remains were located in a rural area just off the 3100 block of Old Lynchburg Road. This roadway was a part of the cycling portion of the triathlon. When competing, as you cycled out of the park and made a left, you would have cycled through this area about one mile from the park and then returned through the area just before you made a right turn back into the park before the running portion. The event took place before anyone knew Hannah was missing. If any racer noticed anything unusual in the area of Old Lynchburg Road on the morning of September 13, 2014 to include a burnt orange Chrysler Sebring you are encouraged to contact the Hannah Graham tip line at 434-295-3851 or 434-970-3280. Thank you considering this information. –Albemarle County Police

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlottesville-Multisports/154795559159?ref=stream&fref=nf

So, I guess that means JM isn't coming up with a story about an "accidental" situation...they're still trying to place him in the area?

Two things: yay my first post, like so many, this case has touched my heart, and consumed my every thought. Not only because of the close vicinity to where HG was last seen to my place of employment, but as a mother to a young girl.

So 1st, I FIRMLY believe, there will be a ton of evidence and possible bodies found in that area. A friend of a friend was out with a group of girlfriends about 5 years ago, on the DT Mall, they dispersed to their separate cars at the end of the evening, and along comes a cabbie who says to the woman "Ma'am you probably shouldn't drive, I can give you a ride home and make sure you're safe", she agrees b/c she thinks to herself "wow I must've had more than I thought and am stumbling, maybe I shouldn't drive." She gets in the cab and nothing seems out of the ordinary until she realizes she never gave him her home address, she plays it cool until he comes to a stop at, where else? Walnut Creek Park. She escapes into the woods. He waited and looked for her for 2 hours. This is word of mouth from 3 people down the line, so could it be embellished? Probably, but if the core is true, which I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be...WOW. She did call police, gave description etc. and has been recently speaking to them again since HG's disappearance.

Secondly, the local who called in the "buzzards" tip at 3193 Old Lynchburg, was an avid hunter, he stated the type of birds he saw were the type that could kill a newborn calf, so as far as the rate of decomposition, it could very well be her. I also am very confident they have way more evidence to have come to the conclusion that it was Hannah. I do wonder about the hair....but we had VERY heavy rains the week before which could explain?

Thirdly, I believe once they took his vehicle, they found something more to connect him to MH

My two (three) cents, my opinions are of my own, and am relaying what I've heard.

I know I'm not the first to note that this is a third-party report. Please do verify! I fine it hard to believe that, if reported, the charlottesville police didn't connect the dots from MH taxi to this to JM. Sounds apocryphal to me.

Very well said! Your comment regarding the leaves may be one reason this monster seems to concentrate his crimes to the Fall.

I think that's really interesting...

Just a thought...the leaves not only cover things up, but (in my opinion) when they are bright, like they are now, they play tricks on your eyes. For example, I was out running in the woods for the first time in about 2 weeks yesterday afternoon - a LOT of leaves had fallen since I was last on those particular trails. Even though I know them well (I mean years of running there), it was a real challenge as far as depth perception and just seeing where stuff (like stones and roots) was. It was like the colors overwhelmed my eyes or something, so when I was looking ahead and down, all I saw was a wash of red and yellow, like I couldn't focus my eyes on anything else. Even stuff like downed branches that i knew were there to look out for. Like one of those "magic eye" books, you know? It doesn't happen when the leaves are all brown, as they would be closer to winter, at least not to me.

ETA - I'm sorry, tlcya and whiskers - I see that you thought of this before I did!

I think you're seeing what I'm seeing. That circular shape I suppose could be the air chamber of a chimney. The rest of it is so indistinct, it could be three really large boulders sitting side by side for all I can tell. But I definitely see something that doesn't look like the tops of trees.

Do you suppose it should be called in?

I don't know how to do it, but you can get historical pictures (older ones, from different seasons) through Google Earth. Does that help define it any?

Ok, if someone can just answer this I will feel much better. You can't see people on these images right? Or if you could they would be like mega small dots?

Yes, my horses look like tiny pieces of rice on the google map of our property. I think I would be a dot...I hope so anyway:)

From Charlottesville Multisports FB page:

To the participants and spectators of the Wisdom Oak Winery Triathlon: You likely have heard through media sources a UVA college student, Hannah Graham, was reported missing on September 13, 2014. Hannah was last seen on September 12, in Charlottesville Va. This past week, human remains were located in a rural area just off the 3100 block of Old Lynchburg Road. This roadway was a part of the cycling portion of the triathlon. When competing, as you cycled out of the park and made a left, you would have cycled through this area about one mile from the park and then returned through the area just before you made a right turn back into the park before the running portion. The event took place before anyone knew Hannah was missing. If any racer noticed anything unusual in the area of Old Lynchburg Road on the morning of September 13, 2014 to include a burnt orange Chrysler Sebring you are encouraged to contact the Hannah Graham tip line at 434-295-3851 or 434-970-3280. Thank you considering this information. –Albemarle County Police

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlottesville-Multisports/154795559159?ref=stream&fref=nf

If they didn't think the body was HG, this wouldn't have been posted today. I think we have an (un)official answer. Do you guys agree?

If they didn't think the body was HG, this wouldn't have been posted today. I think we have an (un)official answer. Do you guys agree?

Good point. If it wasn't her they would be asking for other info and not mention the car at all. It's her.

Hi everyone, new here so please forgive me for the posting blunders I'm sure to make...
I was wondering if there are crime stats for Walnut Creek park in a searchable database?

He was? When was that?
They need to search the whole area from where MH was all over to HG. Like someone else said..just put a compass on the map of his old home and draw a big circle and search it.
They probably have.
Hopefully decent searching weather will continue.

And the post(s) about the skeletons...I've been thinking the same all day since yesterday. horrible.
Only article I found about the trading post in a quick search:
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/police-harrington-graham-cases-linked/article_583710e8-484e-11e4-b26d-0017a43b2370.html

"A staffer at the Trading Post, a convenience store on Monacan Trail Road less than two miles from where Harrington’s remains were found at Anchorage Farm, said patrons had seen Matthew in the store after Graham disappeared. The store’s owner could not confirm whether Matthew had been sighted in the store recently."

Yep, I agree. I am not sure they have the results, but I do think they have something to indicate it's her. Either some other evidence near her remains or the results.

Good point. If it wasn't her they would be asking for other info and not mention the car at all. It's her.

Yes, and I was thinking, if it wasn't her, they wouldn't be concerned about September 13. Because if it wasn't her, the body could have been there for any amount of time.

I've been looking at that for a while too. Is it an old chimney, the top plate of the wall and remnants of a burned house?

This is my first post. Been lurking for quite sometime and am very impressed with all the WS's here.
I was messing with Google maps earlier today, looking for the driving directions from the location where MH was found and the location that is presumed to be where HG has been found.
My best guess is that, 37.921699,-78.613937 are the coordinate for where MH was found. I could very well be wrong. But those look to be the same coordinates that I saw when pulling up the location for where MH was found.
Also, I noticed that when I pulled up the driving direction from one location to the other that Red Line (Red something rd). Was the best route. Does anyone know if the search that is currently going on, is between these two locations?

do any of you locals know how the Grahams are holding up? Are they planning a funeral? Just curious

Has it been told if the LE are guarding the site (s) all night?
Working with flood lights?
Have they removed her remains yet?
Usually we see tents, flood lights etc.

Not sure if they're using flood lights but the search areas are being guarded 24/7. My brother-in-law is one of the officers keeping watch.

OT, but to all you newbies who want to post but worry that you may make mistakes or do something wrong, we want to hear your thoughts and ideas. Don't worry, we were all newbies once, and some of us (pointing finger at self) still make mistakes after being here for years. The mods sometimes bark when we post things we shouldn't, but they seldom bite without plenty of warning....and btw, Bessie is a real sweetie, but don't tell her I said so.

This is my first post. Been lurking for quite sometime and am very impressed with all the WS's here.
I was messing with Google maps earlier today, looking for the driving directions from the location where MH was found and the location that is presumed to be where HG has been found.
My best guess is that, 37.921699,-78.613937 are the coordinate for where MH was found. I could very well be wrong. But those look to be the same coordinates that I saw when pulling up the location for where MH was found.
Also, I noticed that when I pulled up the driving direction from one location to the other that Red Line (Red something rd). Was the best route. Does anyone know if the search that is currently going on, is between these two locations?

I've read in reports that Red Hill Road is a familiar road to JLM, so I am guessing they are looking for clues there. Didn't he attend elementary school there, and doesn't it take you to Anchorage Farm? I might be wrong about Anchorage farm??

Are there any aerial pics that have been released besides the set of the park entrance and the set that included the 12 police cars lined up along OL road in front of 3193?

If so, would someone link me to them?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads