Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tugela, I agree with Conductor....the more I think about it, the more I think that interview w/ the Chesterfield Co. officer may have been totally an LE strategy. It may be that the young officer was just carried away (and understandably relieved and proud that he found Hannah), and a reporter caught him off-guard. But it makes sense to me that a very masterful Longo or maybe more likely, the FBI BAU, staged the interview. You have a young, non-threatening African-American officer speaking of being prompted by God....I think they hoped it would affect JM and appeal to his religious upbringing/conscience. They, IMO, had everything to gain. Who knows about the DNA and if there is any of JM's DNA with the found skeleton....some reports said the skeleton was pristine, (sorry, no link). I believe they need every bit of evidence, etc. to secure a conviction, and IMO, they were hoping JM would just completely break down and confess to everything he had ever done. But you're right, if the DNA is overwhelming, maybe they wouldn't need a confession, but unless they find his DNA AT THE SCENE, a defense attorney can establish probable doubt, (edited: reasonable doubt, oops) Just MHO!

Good question!! I think every good staging is based on truth. LE couldn't mislead the media and the public about that without it coming back to bite them. I think the staging involved using someone to whom JM could relate, and who could manipulate JM's feelings, while still presenting accurate information. Does that answer your question or even make sense? :thinking:

I agree that the intv seemed highly suspect due to the confidential nature of the investigation. It doesn't seem likely that an experienced LEO would just start giving intvs about a very serious ongoing investigation w/o approval from higher ups. That said, I doubt it was falsified info; just strategic in what was released (and subsequently redacted), and by whom (African American male LEO, invoking God.)

It may have been set up not only to reach JLM (is he even watching news?), but rather to help quell racial tensions that developed early on over this case, and to reach people in the African American community who may have add'l info, incl. JLM's extended circle of coworkers, friends, and family.

From what I've read, Longo has been criticized for his efforts to get AA men to voluntarily submit to DNA testing in the past:
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2004/03/police-ask-residents-for-dna-samples-to-aid-serial/

Jean Jadhon ‏@JJadhonWDBJ7 · 33s33 seconds ago
BREAKING: Human remains found in Albemarle Co are from #HannahGraham @WDBJ7

WCAV CBS19 ‏@CBS19 · 51s51 seconds ago
#BREAKING: Albemarle County Police have identified the human remains are of missing UVA student #HannahGraham.

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP · 56s56 seconds ago
Human remains found on Saturday are positively identified as those of #HannahGraham according to @AlbemarleCoPD . #WTOP

Jean Jadhon ‏@JJadhonWDBJ7 · 33s33 seconds ago
BREAKING: Human remains found in Albemarle Co are from #HannahGraham @WDBJ7

WCAV CBS19 ‏@CBS19 · 51s51 seconds ago
#BREAKING: Albemarle County Police have identified the human remains are of missing UVA student #HannahGraham.

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP · 56s56 seconds ago
Human remains found on Saturday are positively identified as those of #HannahGraham according to @AlbemarleCoPD . #WTOP

yep. CONFIRMED. it's her :eek:( sadsies.

I believe I read that the owner had been renting the home, but it wasn't currently rented. I wonder if JLM had known any former renters of that house, if he had been to that property at some point prior?

I have wondered the very same thing.

There are several tweets from the Albemarle County Police:

https://twitter.com/AlbemarleCoPD

The ME’s Office has confirmed that the remains discovered in Albemarle Co. on October 18th are those of Hannah Graham, 18, of Fairfax, Va.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Graham family & Hannah’s friends during this incredibly difficult time. Please respect their privacy

We ask for your cooperation as we move forward with the investigation. Detectives have been working to process the scene & preserve evidence

Our focus is on the investigation and therefore, we will not be answering questions regarding the case or investigation.

We continue to work with our local, state and federal partners, specifically CPD, Fairfax City PD and VSP.

We are asking to hear from people who live along Old Lynchburg Rd or have any information. CPD tip line remains open at 434-295-3851

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP 3m3 minutes ago
"We are devastated by the loss of our beautiful daughter, Hannah" said #HannahGraham parents in a statement. #WTOP

The news took my breath away. It's bittersweet - now the family will have their daughter back, but sadly to bury. And now, there's a body.... so now... JLM will pay.

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP · 49s50 seconds ago
"We are devastated by the loss of our beautiful daughter, Hannah" said #HannahGraham parents in a statement. #WTOP

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan · 29s30 seconds ago
#HannahGraham parents after id: "Put simply, Hannah lit up our lives, the lives of our family and the lives of her friends & others. @wusa9

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP · 37s38 seconds ago
"Although we have lost our precious Hannah, the light she radiated
can never be extinguished" said John and Sue Graham. #WTOP

John please do make sure you link that article in the media thread if you could. Please and thanks :)

Awww I'm sad all over again! I wanted to hear something, but I'm not sure what I wanted to hear. :(

Parent's letter is heartbreaking-can someone link?

I was hoping it wasn't her and that they would find her body not too decomposed so they could get some evidence. (modsnip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee