Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abandoned property to me translates to a structure. An abandoned structure; house , barn, whatever. MOO.

I agree. How is it really abandoned if there is no structure, but thats just what I thought of when he said it. When I think of abandoning something I think of house, car, people, not land.

Um...Must be different in America, but abandoned property still makes me think a house or barn rather than abandoned land. We'll have to wait for it to be clarified, I guess.

Good point. I have no idea, but would imagine quite a while. Migmuu seems to be studying in this area and may know more.

It sure isn't different for me and I live in America.

Abandoned property to me means a house/barn/old mobile home/shed where no one lives or goes to anymore.

I don't know who abandons land but it is commonplace out in rural areas for site built properties or sheds-old trailers to be abandoned and no longer in use.

So imo, it is not land........it is an abandoned structure of some type on someone's land.

We could logically conclude what happened to Hannah. So can someone tell me why this news makes me cry? Why do I always gasp "Oh no." when news like this is given?

God bless this girl and her family with peace.

O totally agree with you. We all here had pretty much concluded that Hannah was no longer alive. However to hear the news of her body being found was like having the breath knocked out of me.

It's so very sad. My prayers are with the Graham family. May God hold them in the palm of His hand. Just yesterday the Graham's were with the Harrington's at Copeley Bridge since it was the fifth anniversary of Morgan's murder.

Thank God the monster who is responsible is behind bars.

I agree 100%. I think he made mistakes with Morgan, and one was that she wasn't incapacitated enough and she made a run for it. This would explain his anger and brutality (broken bones, etc.) when he caught her. I really hope Hannah's remains are in much better shape and plenty of DNA and other evidence is able to be recovered.

I am still so sad, even though I expected this day to come. This case was what brought me to WS. I followed the Taylor Behl case many years ago, mostly because her online presence made me feel as if I would have been friends with her, had I known her. I felt the same about Hannah - she seemed like such a sweet, funny, smart girl. I wish for strength for her family and friends, and I hope that this ordeal will bring some sort of closure for MH's family as well.

Yeah but a 5 mile run through heavy woods is a substantial feat

Thinking of Hannah and her family back here in Alexandria. There are so many yellow ribbons in front of homes in our neighborhood, but unfortunately it will be of little comfort to her parents, who would much rather have their little girl home.

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 7.45.34 PM.jpg

I wonder how this will affect the hearing in December.

It may be postponed since there isn't any doubt and the charges will be upgraded to murder now. They may wait until they get the rape results back as well to charge him with that also.

A structure can also be part of a property. A house, barn, shed, garage, trailer - whatever - that's included in "property tax" for instance.

I think the Sheriff just chose not to be more precise, for some unknown reason. All of this will come out eventually and clarify where she was found.

Sounds about right. :(

Curious, then his "prowling" of MH seems different. She interacted with quite a few people up to her last sighting. No one reports her interacting with a black male. Only bringing it up because he is now considered MH's killer; it seems like a completely different predatory style. He goes from no witnesses and no cameras on a dark road, to video surveillance in bars and lively mall around closing time.

Given that both girls were intoxicated, and witnesses say had trouble walking, I cannot see much resistance going on, just my take on it. Sometimes in a crisis, people get that adrenaline rush, so who knows? If those remains prove to be Hannah, hopefully it will reveal what happened.

Abandoned property to me translates to a structure. An abandoned structure; house , barn, whatever. MOO.

I wrote some time ago that I believe JLM learned from the discovery of Morgan's body, and if found on a property it would be one where no one lived or worked. I can't say from what Longo described if he meant out in the open or within a structure, but I'd be willing to bet there are structures on the property that haven't been occupied for some time. Because I think JLM learned not to dump his victims in areas where they are likely to be located, to me that would include out in the open. So IMO she was found in an abandoned structure of some type and (again JMO) somehow hidden within that structure.

Yeah but a 5 mile run through heavy woods is a substantial feat

I have never believed Morgan ran to where she was found. He took her there and with him being as strong as he is that would be no feat for him. If he had already murdered her he could throw her over his shoulders with no problem. Remember this is the wrestler that even grown men cant beat even though he is in his 30s now. And the adrenaline would be pumping as well.

Or he could have forced her to go in that area. We don't know if he may have even used zip ties to restrain his victims. That way there was no chance of his victims escaping. He could certainly run faster than them even if they did try.

I wonder if she was "discovered" or if JM spilled the beans. May she rest in peace. :(

I think it was discovered because they were going to search Walnut Creek Park tomorrow, and if JM had pointed them to the body, it would have been an exact location IMO.

O totally agree with you. We all here had pretty much concluded that Hannah was no longer alive. However to hear the news of her body being found was like having the breath knocked out of me.

It's so very sad. My prayers are with the Graham family. May God hold them in the palm of His hand. Just yesterday the Graham's were with the Harrington's at Copeley Bridge since it was the fifth anniversary of Morgan's murder.

Thank God the monster who is responsible is behind bars.

There's just something about the way that these two girls were taken by the same individual, in the same town, and that Hannah's body (more than likely) was found a day after the 5th anniversary of Morgan's body being located.

I believe it was Gil Harrington who said yesterday that this will be the last year they put a black ribbon on the bridge - that next year it will hopefully be green. Now she can get that wish.

Hugs to all of the them and to the strength that it must take to go from day to day. :grouphug:

I agree. How is it really abandoned if there is no structure, but thats just what I thought of when he said it. When I think of abandoning something I think of house, car, people, not land.
I'm thinking she was found IN or AROUND an abandoned structure. More likely IN? MOO.

I think back and LE has used the word property quite a few times in this search - asking the public to search their "property" numerous times. Never once in previous uses of the word did I think "building" I thought - "the piece of real estate you own/rent/manage in it's entirety."

If CNN hadn't reported that she was found in an "abandoned structure" it would have never crossed my mind to use property and building interchangeably. For me it's kind of a leap to assume property means structure, so I hope CNN has an inside source that makes it more credible than just their interpretation of the PC.

I wish Longo was clear as to whether we are still looking for clothing from both Hannah and JM, as well as Hannah's phone.

Not sure. My first thought... abandoned property in a rural area means it is acreage with an old dilapidated barn or house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member