Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the neighbor who made the remarks about a bad smell is identified correctly in that reporting, then the remains of the victim were found close to Red Head Road on Old Lynchburg. As someone else said above, it's quite easy to find where the neighbor quoted lives.

Oh there would still be an horrific smell.

Had it rained there recently? It has been said she was in a shallow grave. If not dug deep enough when it rains it makes air pockets and the smell will rise to the surface.

It takes longer than 35 days to completely break a body down.

It rained through the weekend and half of this week.

google Albemarle County GIS. Once there do a search on the last name while selecting Old Lynchburg Rd

Hi everyone,

they also said that the public search for tomorrow has been canceled. But, since they wanted to search that park (such a specific place) and she was found today near that park, it is possible maybe that LJ said something? I hope so, it will make things easier (especially if he killed other girls that haven't been found yet). Also, do we know who is the owner of that property? They said many times to owners to search their empty properties. It appears that somebody didn't do it, unless nobody owned it.

I think it's possible that LE had information from one of their phones that led to the general location of the park.

If it is bordered by Plank, I doubt that's the house since they barricaded near plank and forensic units were there all day- I didn't hear they closed off Plank at all, so too much would be visible imo

here's a pic of the barricade at plank and lynchburg. the 835K house is on the corner. you can see the pretty fence in the barricade picture

i thought the area was being searched because dogs picked up a scent or a few scents in that area.

anyway, the lady who was saying all that could just be saying it. maybe something was a little smelly one day (didn't have to be due to hannah) or maybe she just wants her 2 seconds of fame. who knows

Yeah, that's possible.

We don't know why they were searching this location. They were searching somewhere because of the dogs, but that sounded like an Albermarle County/Charlottesville operation. Longo said the searchers were from Chesterfield, so it might have been a different search. Or maybe the report was what caused them to bring the dogs in, and the dogs' hit was what caused them to search more closely today. We really don't have enough information to say.

May this sweet child rest in peace. May her father, mother, brother and grandparents, their extend family and friends find some solace and healing from having their Hannah torn away from them so violently, in the prime of her life, finally brought home. A stranger to them, I cannot begin to fathom the pain and hurt they feel but am deeply touched and will keep them in my thoughts. They will not be alone though that is small consolation. May they live to honor Hannah Graham. May the destiny that she fulfilled be honored. May the kindness and care that flowed from the hearts of so many be a testament that love and goodness can curtail fear, evil and inhumanity. I pray for strength, resolve and healing for all touched by this. Hannah Graham, a beautiful, intelligent, strong young lady will live in my heart as it beats. May her destiny be remembered by her strength, kindness and wisdom both in this life and her bright spirit that touched so many so that this evil may be stopped. May the days to come bring justice and peace to all touched by it.

Yeah, that's possible.

We don't know why they were searching this location. They were searching somewhere because of the dogs, but that sounded like an Albermarle County/Charlottesville operation. Longo said the searchers were from Chesterfield, so it might have been a different search. Or maybe the report was what caused them to bring the dogs in, and the dogs' hit was what caused them to search more closely today. We really don't have enough information to say.

The searchers were here from Chesterfield, helping with the search (probably as volunteers) and one of them is who found the remains in Albemarle County.

Neighbors React to Human Remains Believed to be Hannah Graham
Posted: Oct 18, 2014 8:19 PM CST Updated: Oct 18, 2014 8:22 PM CST

ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va (WVIR) - Searchers found what is believed to be the remains of Hannah graham at noon Saturday on an abandoned property off of old Lynchburg road in Albemarle County.

Road blocks are set up along Old Lynchburg Road between Red Hill Road and Plank Road. Dozens of Albemarle County police cruisers set those up at every entrance to the area Saturday afternoon.
more at the link

Oh there would still be an horrific smell.

Had it rained there recently? It has been said she was in a shallow grave. If not dug deep enough when it rains it makes air pockets and the smell will rise to the surface.

It takes longer than 35 days to completely break a body down.

This. In addition, if in a shallow grave that was recently disturbed or revealed by heavy or lots of continued rainfall, those unearthed gasses would attract vultures to the area.

If the neighbor who made the remarks about a bad smell is identified correctly in that reporting, then the remains of the victim were found close to Red Head Road on Old Lynchburg. As someone else said above, it's quite easy to find where the neighbor quoted lives.

I saw that, according to county records, she in fact lived just NORTH of Red Hill, which doesn't make sense. The smell couldn't have traveled quite that far, but what do I know. :/

Yeah, that's possible.

yeah. i get the sense the lady who was interviewed would have mentioned she called in a tip if she did, you know? if she was gonna go on about the smells and closing the windows you'd think she would have been vocal about her participation in possibly discovering hannah

It doesn't really matter how, it's just good that she was found and it's good that it didn't take as long as it did in MH's case, which was over 100 days. The not knowing where a loved one is has to be the most gut wrenching kind of torture for a family.

any locals? in he last month has your weather been cool like 40 degrees as a refridgerater would be? Ten did you have a couple warm days lately?

Several inches, at that.

Thank God for the rain.

I think it helped to unearth her body in the shallow grave she was put in. Or it made air pockets or crevices in the soil. Replaced soil never packs down like it originally was if he used a shovel.

Maybe you can give us a hint how you did?
I don't want to get into trouble here, but if the name and address I found are the same as the woman quoted in the article, she would live at the Red Hill Road end of the section of Old Lynchburg Road that was closed today.

eta: Just because this woman says she smelled something a few days ago doesn't even mean it has anything to do with where Hannah was found. She could have been smelling a mouse that died in her backyard for all we know.

His mug shot in Texas is one of the weirdest I have ever seen. It reminded me of the old 'Glamor Shot" days.

But the one taken in C-Ville where he is looking straight into the camera is chilling. He has a slight smirk on his face.

Maybe now that smirk is gone and if it isn't he is pure T stupid.

He would know all about it before his lawyer could even call. They get to watch tv in jail so he knows all about it by now.

IMO

Yes, the Texas one is very 'Glamor Shot' from back in the day. I find both very revealing.

Hopefully the smirk will soon fall and LE reveals all of the other cases, IMO

Had no idea they even had TV in jail.

if we are getting mixed messages from media - shallow grave and abandoned structure - it's possible it was a shed with no floor, thus a shallow grave in a shed??

That's certainly a possibility. That would encompass on abandoned property as well as in abandoned property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli