Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE is smart, and I bet they are, they won't release anything except to confirm her identity and say it is a homicide case. Then they'll pretend to take questions and answer nothing in essence to preserve the sanctity of the case. While sleuthers hate that it is for the best. Everything needs to be preserved for a later trial. Plus, there's a lot of forensic work that will take place over weeks and months. Stay tuned...should take a year or more to get the case to trial. Maybe even 2 years, depending on how full the pipeline is in VA.

We have a speedy trial requirement in Virginia for criminal matters that is strictly adhered to by the judges when setting cases. The only cases I can think of in this area where it has taken 1-2 years for someone to be tried is when there has been a competency issue.

I don't put any stock in numbers as such, but five keeps coming up - She was found 5 weeks after going missing, 5 years after Morgan's disappearance, approx. 5 miles between the properties where the girls were found. Prayers for all who are hurting tonight.

And from what we know, she was his 5th victim. 2 college rapes, the Fairfax rape, Morgan, and Hannah.

General question for those the have been at WS a long time;

If JM is Hannah and Morgan's killer, and was the Fairfax rapist, will they try him separately or do they do all cases in one trial? How do they handle serial crimes? And since LE keeps saying to have patience because this is a "complicated" case I am certain JM is a serial criminal and that's what makes it complicated.

A neighbor who requested not to go on camera told NBC29 that Jesse Matthew lived in the old Lynchburg road area about six years ago and was familiar with the roads and rural stretches of that part of Albemarle County.

Taken from link

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my town, two girls were found dead in a quiet area that really caused a stir. Turned out the killer lived on that quiet street for 2 yrs with his Mother when he was a teenager.

He never had another address in the town again, but he returned to the area.

thinking of Hannah and her loved ones. Waiting for official confirmation, but still disconcerting.

:tears:

any locals? in he last month has your weather been cool like 40 degrees as a refridgerater would be? Ten did you have a couple warm days lately?

It hasn't been too cool here. The days have been in the 60's and 70's. Nights in the 50's mainly.

We have a speedy trial requirement in Virginia for criminal matters that is strictly adhered to by the judges when setting cases. The only cases I can think of in this area where it has taken 1-2 years for someone to be tried is when there has been a competency issue.

Even if this is a death penalty case? I have never seen a death penalty case go to trial that quickly. DP cases seem to take 3-4 years on average in most states.

Good to know! I wonder though, since this appears to be a situation where the same perp has killed at least twice (and possibly more in that area), if that will take longer because of the additional linking together of cases and maybe trying him for more than 1 murder at the same time. I could envision that taking longer as a result.

yeah. i get the sense the lady who was interviewed would have mentioned she called in a tip if she did, you know? if she was gonna go on about the smells and closing the windows you'd think she would have been vocal about her participation in possibly discovering hannah

And her long-suffering husband sighed, shut the windows, and called the tip line?

I dunno. It just seems like a lot of things added up all of a sudden there. The storm, the dogs, the smell, all pointing to the same place.

In my town, two girls were found dead in a quiet area that really caused a stir. Turned out the killer lived on that quiet street for 2 yrs with his Mother when he was a teenager.

He never had another address in the town again, but he returned to the area.

Our local serial rapist/killer was the same way. His family had lived on the property when he was around 12-14. He brought two of the bodies back there and a third on the road leading to the property.

And from what we know, she was his 5th victim. 2 college rapes, the Fairfax rape, Morgan, and Hannah.

General question for those the have been at WS a long time;

If JM is Hannah and Morgan's killer, and was the Fairfax rapist, will they try him separately or do they do all cases in one trial? How do they handle serial crimes? And since LE keeps saying to have patience because this is a "complicated" case I am certain JM is a serial criminal and that's what makes it complicated.

I am just guessing but I think he will be tried separately.

I've been following this case intently (it's what brought me to websleuths in the first place,) and it's heartbreaking to see it end this way. She seemed to be a wonderful, vivacious girl. I can only hope that she did not suffer greatly and that her story will help protect other young girls in the future. Rest in peace, Hannah.

It's interesting to me that she was found near a seemingly old/dilapidated cemetery, (https://twitter.com/cvillenews_desk/status/523602477283688449) much like Morgan Harrington-- strange coincidence. Are these common enough around the area for this to be some sort of coincidence?

And her long-suffering husband sighed, shut the windows, and called the tip line?

I dunno. It just seems like a lot of things added up all of a sudden there. The storm, the dogs, the smell, all pointing to the same place.

In rural areas there are often dead bodies... of animals.... and if someone called police every time they smelled something rotting, police would spend a lot of extra time chasing down dead livestock, deer, etc. You don't expect to start smelling a dead human body 30+ days after a person goes missing. Within 3 to 4 days, yes. There were lots of places Heather's body could have been. That's why they had search teams out and about over the last month.

It's interesting to me that she was found near a seemingly old/dilapidated cemetery, (https://twitter.com/cvillenews_desk/status/523602477283688449) much like Morgan Harrington-- strange coincidence. Are these common enough around the area for this to be some sort of coincidence?

The 2 cases are linked forensically. This means that it is likely that the same perp committed the 2 crimes (and possibly has committed others in the area).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member