Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for info. I posted in the scanner thread where I believe her body was found based on info from rewinding scanner.

Here are the links that can give us the location:

Reporter's pic of barricade where police told him the body was located just beyond this point:

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlayba...8022182009479/529517983859895/?type=1&theater

Another pic of today's barricades- looks like cemetery on left:

https://twitter.com/cvillenews_desk/status/523602477283688449

Google street view of 2505 Old Lynchburg Rd with cemetery and blue sign:

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.942...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sL0MKuiXPW-trNmt8akrxlA!2e0

Overhead/earth view of 2505 Old Lynchburg Rd. Church across st from cemetery, road block about there

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...2!3m1!1s0x89b38346ffc44f19:0x512526b0a6fbde69

------
I think this is very near where her body was found today

yes. we can assume it's somewhere along this 5 mile stretch of Old Lynchburg
4180 Old Lynchburg road to 2505 Old Lynchburg Rd.

because there are barricades at both points

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/250...b7a65df1654dbd!2m2!1d-78.6271204!2d37.9177129

2505 is 9.9 miles from Charlottesville, so probably closer to that barricade - so I think you are right. I wonder why they put a barricade at plank? i guess one barricade was at the intersection of red hill and old lynch and the other at the intersection of plank and old lynch. this kept any traffic from coming in from either cross road

Definitely holding my little ones a bit closer tonight.. I'm glad Hannah is home, but it's an empty feeling. Rest in Peace sweetheart. Soar with the Angels, you have touched so many lives.

#ComeHomeChristina

One thing I've always wondered: When the police matched up the DNA from the 2005 Fairfax victim with Morgan Harrington back in 2010, wouldn't they have already found any other DNA matches for crimes that occurred before 2010? I would assume that any rapes or murders with DNA evidence left behind would've automatically matched up in CODIS just like Morgan's did. That is why I don't expect a slew of other cases suddenly matching up to JM via DNA. (Not that he isn't responsible for other missing girls, but maybe they don't have perp DNA to compare for some of the other cases.) If there was a DNA match for any other unsolved cases before 2010, they would already know, right?

He is being compared to cases where woman are missing . There was no suspect or a crime scene ,and the victim has not been found= NO DNA

I know some don't find DM reputable but in the last few years I find myself looking for articles they put out on cases I am interested in. I not only find them to be factual about cases over here but they are much more detailed in their reporting than our own reporters.

Although on this case I have thoroughly enjoyed keeping up with Coy Barefoot and think he has done an outstanding job. It is for certain he has inside contacts with LE on this case.

IMO

I find the DM somewhat frustrating. As I'm based in the UK I've always known them to be taken with a pinch (or fistful) of salt, yet with missing cases or big murder cases in the US they're very often the first/best media available to us. My sister knows I've taken an interest in this case and as I was texting her to say it seemed Hannah had been found, she was already contacting me to say she'd seen it on the DM website. I know it's not always the most reliable, but at least it's there, I suppose.

HLN/CNN distorts the simplest things, even Jean C. when she is not covering a trial. I have see her do it when she sits in for NG. I never take them for anything but a general overall view of something, but jmo.

Isnt the one with the cemetery the 4 way intersection at redhill?

The cemetery is to the right of the blue line on this map. I just used the two addresses people were using earlier in the thread to see where they landed.

Although I knew this was the likely outcome, I can't help but feel devastated.
A liberal "hippie" by nature, this case has moved me.
Too bad we don't have the chair in VA anymore because I want him to FRY. I hope he rots in hell while the worms eat his hideous guts.

Fly high, Hannah darling. I pray for love and peace for her family and friends.

Thanks for info. I posted in the scanner thread where I believe her body was found based on info from rewinding scanner.

OMG< I remember seeing this house on the market a few months ago!

<modsnip>

My understanding was that Gilamon's property was all the way on the other side of Rt 29... so it's not even close to Old Lynchburg Road.

Yes. Just to confirm. This location is on the east side of 29 as opposed to the west. Not far, though.

I wonder if she was "discovered" or if JM spilled the beans. May she rest in peace. :(

Catching up in the thread...I would be willing to bet money JM still hasn't said one word to LE. No way he gave them this info.

I thought I heard on CNN earlier today (i haven't seen it mentioned here,or missed it) that the site where they found HG body is 1-2 miles from that's creep's mother's house. I wonder if he kind of relished in that fact. moo.

Sorry no link or anything.

Wonder if the county has property tax records searchable on the net.... to learn WHAT YEAR this property was "abandoned", which I take as "not paying property tax"

:thinking:.... once the address is confirmed would be interesting to see when it went into foreclosure/"abandoned" :moo:

That's probably a good assumption. I would say by "abandoned property," then it's almost a given that there is a structure on the property itself that is currently uninhabited or disused or at a minimum uncared for. But it doesn't mean that her body was found in said structure. The structure could even be collapsed.

If there were never a building or no signs of there ever being a building on a specific property, then I think he would have just said an "empty lot" or maybe just a "lot" or "property."

Anyway, by looking around on Google Earth/Maps, I'm struck by just how beautiful this area is, even one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. It's just gut-wrenching to think about how many sinister things have happened in this area of such loveliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg