Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if this is a death penalty case? I have never seen a death penalty case go to trial that quickly. DP cases seem to take 3-4 years on average in most states.

I am not aware that a capital case is an exception to the speedy trial requirement. As I mentioned above, competency is one. And the defendant can request a continuance but usually it is advantageous for the defendant not to continue a case and to keep the pressure on the prosecution to bring the case to trial within the required time. Here is the statute---I do not do criminal defense work thankfully but I do try civil cases, and the speedy trial requirement is why it does take a long time to schedule a civil trial in many jurisdictions--the judges have to get the criminal cases set to avoid dismissal. And then we get the dates that are left over. If there is a Virginia criminal defense lawyer on here, they might have more insight.
https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-243

Curious if this is past the quaint white church

foxfire had guessed earlier that it would be near a cemetery, if I recall correctly, as part of some ritualistic process in the aberrant man's head. He'd also said that it may be in place connected to his youth that may have had some meaning.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/18/searcher...says-god-wanted-them-to-find-what-they-found/

ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. — The Chesterfield Sheriff’s Department sergeant who discovered human remains while searching for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham said he believed God wanted them to find what they found. In an exclusive interview with Melissa Hipolit, Sgt. Dale Terry said his five-person team had finished their search mission near Walnut Creek Park around noon Saturday when something came over him to check nearby properties.

“I don’t know how else to explain it,” he said. “Something inside me just told me to continue to look.”

It was behind a vacant home, in a dried-up creek bed, Terry said he found a skull and bones, along with a pair of tight, dark-colored pants.

More at link...

When I googled " when does a body smell after death" the results say after a "few days" why did it take them 35 days to notice something was not right?

A few days after death, these bacteria and enzymes start the process of breaking down their host. The pancreas is full of so many bacteria that it essentially digests itself [source: Macnair]. As these organisms work their way to other organs, the body becomes discolored, first turning green, then purple, then black. If you can't see the change, you'll smell it soon enough, because the bacteria create an awful-smelling gas.

It does not look like a property that is abandoned. The lawn is cut and trees are watered. Something is not right here.

Undoubtedly you've already gotten your answer, but my best guess is that an animal dug her up recently releasing this smell.

Quote Originally Posted by LI-Mom View Post
And from what we know, she was his 5th victim. 2 college rapes, the Fairfax rape, Morgan, and Hannah.

General question for those the have been at WS a long time;

If JM is Hannah and Morgan's killer, and was the Fairfax rapist, will they try him separately or do they do all cases in one trial? How do they handle serial crimes? And since LE keeps saying to have patience because this is a "complicated" case I am certain JM is a serial criminal and that's what makes it complicated.

I am just guessing but I think he will be tried separately.

Ocean wouldn't it depend on the Judicial Districts and the legal wrangling? Not an Attorney, just guessing too..and, imo, the investigation may last for years..

Map of Virginia's Judicial Circuits and Districts
http://www.courts.state.va.us/courts/maps/home.html

I've been following this case intently (it's what brought me to websleuths in the first place,) and it's heartbreaking to see it end this way. She seemed to be a wonderful, vivacious girl. I can only hope that she did not suffer greatly and that her story will help protect other young girls in the future. Rest in peace, Hannah.

It's interesting to me that she was found near a seemingly old/dilapidated cemetery, (https://twitter.com/cvillenews_desk/status/523602477283688449) much like Morgan Harrington-- strange coincidence. Are these common enough around the area for this to be some sort of coincidence?

There are many small old cemeteries - at ongoing churches, old church sites, family cemeteries, etc - in central Va. I live 30 miles south of Charlottesville, and there are four cemeteries that I know of within a mile of my house, plus one other individual grave. Only one of those cemeteries is near an active church.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/18/searcher...says-god-wanted-them-to-find-what-they-found/

ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. — The Chesterfield Sheriff’s Department sergeant who discovered human remains while searching for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham said he believed God wanted them to find what they found. In an exclusive interview with Melissa Hipolit, Sgt. Dale Terry said his five-person team had finished their search mission near Walnut Creek Park around noon Saturday when something came over him to check nearby properties.

“I don’t know how else to explain it,” he said. “Something inside me just told me to continue to look.”

It was behind a vacant home, in a dried-up creek bed, Terry said he found a skull and bones, along with a pair of tight, dark-colored pants.

More at link...

Behind a Vacant Home in a Dried-up creek bed. God's hand aided the searcher.

More at link...

We will be referring back to this link - I hope you also posted it in the media thread, initial statement by LEO finders of remains is huge.

Creeks become swollen and run faster during and after heavy rains. easy for things once hidden to be revealed. Makes total sense.

I am glad that a search team found her, hopefully nothing was disturbed.

If she was reduced to a skeleton then the smell those people described might not have been Hannah at all.

praying for all the parents of girls taken by these evil predators. I'm sure that every time a missing girl is found, those feelings and the loss is stirred up no matter how much time has passed.

More at link...

Bones don't smell. The neighbors either smelled wet mud (which can stink really badly) or dead livestock, like others have mentioned.

More at link...

VERY interesting!! No mention of a shirt. Sounds very familiar!

More at link...

Skull and Bones =Fraternities = Masonic = Rituals. This is the same "description" they used when they found Morgan Harrington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli