Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting... good question. Whether the gf is legitimate or not. Tis true that I've not seen anything to back this up other than that one quote (from his g'ma right?). No friends that have been interviewed mentioned her, no photos, etc. I really hope there was no gf. For her sake.

Didn't the grandmother say they had been living together? Do we know where that was?

There is an article from a reporter who went to Martha Jefferson house where he worked at one time. The reporter said he had talked to people there and they said his gf broke up with him a couple months before.

Grandma said that he wanted to get married, but the woman was not religious enough.

Where are the links? Somewhere. But I have things I have to do. Maybe google?

There is an article from a reporter who went to Martha Jefferson house where he worked at one time. The reporter said he had talked to people there and they said his gf broke up with him a couple months nths before.

Grandma said that he wanted to get married, but the woman was not religious enough.

Where are the links? Somewhere. But I have things I have to do. Maybe google?

Thanks- I think we had a back and forth a bit ago on this thread but the posts have mysteriously disappeared. Anyway, yes, I would need to poke around more to find accurate link info I guess. I find it curious that g'ma stated the gf wasn't religious enough for HIM, yet other people have apparently said SHE was the one who broke up with him. But I don't have links at the moment...

I'm still interested to know where they were living, if living together. Do we know how long he'd lived at Hessian Hills? It could prove helpful in understanding his familiar terrain.

It's not unusual for someone to refuse to talk to LE when they are knowledgeable enough to know their rights even when they are not being charged with anything and it's about something so crucial as a person's disappearance. It doesn't necessarily mean the person is guilty of the disappearance. The person might have had bad past experiences with LE, be very suspicous of LE and not trust them at all, they may know that they are in a situation where they could get blamed and om ttrouble. What usually happens in such cases, however, is that they do agree to be interviewed with an attorney present, and/or their attornies make public statements for them. There is really a complete info freeze in this case.

The last person to see a person who disappeared is not necessarily the one who had something dire to do with the disappearance either. Happens all of the time. It's an awkward position to be in. Yes, it is possible that JM just gave her a ride down the street and took off, and someone else picked her up. Unfortunately when things happen that way , yes, the last person will be a POI. In the Lauren Spiererer disappearance the person who last saw Lauren, at least traceable, admits being with her and has insisted he did no harm to her; she just left to go home, but there are many who still consider him responsible and suspect he did do harm, though there is no evidence. A difference is, that in that case, the POI lawyered up immediately and any statement went through the attorney, and absolutely no info implicating him more than being the last to see the Lauren was ever established. He also did not take off in flight.

With JM, we have someone who is refusing give info, who is the last to be seen with Hannah, and who tried to get out of town, state, out of there. All together, it does not look good, though we've yet to hear of any definitive evidence that JM did direct harm to Hannah. That he is linked to another woman disappearing and has a record of being involved in being accused of rape and pushing women to far is still more reason to suspect him strongly.

Longo has stated that he has refused to talk. (I'll see if I can find a link.)....

snipped for focus

I can't seem to find any more recent October release articles about this, but here is link to Daily Beast article from 9/28

"He reportedly has continued to refuse even to speak with detectives since he was brought back to Charlottesville."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...any-questions-in-case-of-missing-student.html

(Is Daily Beast considered MSM? I sometimes don't have clarity on what is or isn't. Please delete if necessary)

Longo has stated that he has refused to talk. (I'll see if I can find a link.) No, I don't think telling LE what he or Hannah did after they parted ways/left Tempo is "not talking."

EDIT: One link here (refusing to talk to Virginia investigators while in Texas - but I give him the benefit of the doubt as he did not have his attorney present then): http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-Missing-Student-Hannah-Graham-277197981.html Looking for others, more recent, since he has been back in Virginia.

Interesting note here, same link: "Certainly flight from a jurisdiction where you know police want to talk to you is a circumstance in which you can infer a consciousness of guilt," Benjamin said. "That's a standard jury instruction."

Re: consciousness of guilt......I would think a lawyer could defend flight of an AA in a situation like JM's when you consider recent events with regards to police actions that have been questioned as being racially motivated. I think this is a very big thing in the AA community, and hasn't been unnoticed in Charlottesville:

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2014/08/ferguson-charlottesville

Ferguson Ripples Reach Charlottesville
University, Charlottesville communities react to fatal police shooting in Ferguson; could it happen here?

Several CIOs, including the University’s NAACP chapter and the Black Student Alliance have engaged in varied initiatives to respond to the Ferguson controversy.

Friday at The Source, an activities fair organized by the BSA, the Black Presidents Council and the NAACP staged a “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” photo. The photo is part of a national initiative sponsored by the National Chapter of the NAACP.

In the photo, students posed with their hands in the air, as Brown allegedly did before the shooting.

“Every one of us here at U.Va. has the responsibility, as educated sisters and brothers of this great country of ours, to step forward and address these situations when they take place,” Allanah said.

On Saturday, Aug. 23 Charlottesville citizens participated in a candlelight vigil and solidarity march on the Downtown Mall. Second-year College student Aryn Frazier, Political Action Chair of BSA, helped organize the event.

“The real goal is for people to realize that Ferguson isn’t an isolated event. Police brutality and stereotyping African Americans takes place all across the country — even in Charlottesville,” Frazier said. “We are not responding to Ferguson in and of itself, but to the repeated incidents of police brutality.”

Fourth-year Batten student Shanice Hardy attended the solidarity march.

“The general atmosphere was empowering for me to feel like I’m doing something and standing in solidarity with those in Ferguson,” Hardy said.

Re: consciousness of guilt......I would think a lawyer could defend flight of an AA in a situation like JM's when you consider recent events with regards to police actions that have been questioned as being racially motivated. I think this is a very big thing in the AA community, and hasn't been unnoticed in Charlottesville:

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2014/08/ferguson-charlottesville

Ferguson Ripples Reach Charlottesville
University, Charlottesville communities react to fatal police shooting in Ferguson; could it happen here?

Several CIOs, including the University’s NAACP chapter and the Black Student Alliance have engaged in varied initiatives to respond to the Ferguson controversy.

Friday at The Source, an activities fair organized by the BSA, the Black Presidents Council and the NAACP staged a “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” photo. The photo is part of a national initiative sponsored by the National Chapter of the NAACP.

In the photo, students posed with their hands in the air, as Brown allegedly did before the shooting.

“Every one of us here at U.Va. has the responsibility, as educated sisters and brothers of this great country of ours, to step forward and address these situations when they take place,” Allanah said.

On Saturday, Aug. 23 Charlottesville citizens participated in a candlelight vigil and solidarity march on the Downtown Mall. Second-year College student Aryn Frazier, Political Action Chair of BSA, helped organize the event.

“The real goal is for people to realize that Ferguson isn’t an isolated event. Police brutality and stereotyping African Americans takes place all across the country — even in Charlottesville,” Frazier said. “We are not responding to Ferguson in and of itself, but to the repeated incidents of police brutality.”

Fourth-year Batten student Shanice Hardy attended the solidarity march.

“The general atmosphere was empowering for me to feel like I’m doing something and standing in solidarity with those in Ferguson,” Hardy said.

I see what you're saying, but IMO (and I'm not AA, so I can't speak definitely here), leading a high-speed chase out of the city is counter-intuitive to trying avoid a Ferguson-esque scenario. Seems to me that if that situation were truly feared by JM, he would have just laid low in C-ville. Not gone drag-racing with the cops. JMO

Once, the case goes to court, without some very strong evidence, none of the things I've brought up as indicators of guilt is going to matter. Along with some good evidence, it can clinch the case. But this is not a court, innocence is not presumed.

Once, the case goes to court, without some very strong evidence, none of the things I've brought up as indicators of guilt is going to matter. Along with some good evidence, it can clinch the case.

Except, apparently, his flight to Texas. He might have done himself in with that move.

Speaking of his grandma, I have always thought this statement was kinda strange...

Just the way she says that is him, was there conversation before about if it were him or not? It may be nothing but a poor choice of words, just something I noticed.

Good point. If Grandma told him she knew that was him (and why didn't she call LE?) - something like this - "LJ. That's YOU on that tape. Right there? See? That's YOU!" he might have had the foresight to move her. So where was he those days, from the time she went missing until LE had him covertly followed? Particularly if Grandma had that conversation with JM before LE admitted that "dread guy" was the POI.

Good point. If Grandma told him she knew that was him (and why didn't she call LE?) - something like this - "LJ. That's YOU on that tape. Right there? See? That's YOU!" he might have had the foresight to move her. So where was he those days, from the time she went missing until LE had him covertly followed? Particularly if Grandma had that conversation with JM before LE admitted that "dread guy" was the POI.
I moved this to another thread, wasn't sure where to put it. But yeah I just feel it was a strange statement. Like someone had told her it wasn't him. OR did grandma think its been him all along, for MH and HG? Something to think about.

I wonder why the media is so quiet today about the search. I haven't heard a peep, about its new direction or where they're looking today or if the dive teams are tackling local ponds and lakes....

"The search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham is taking on a new approach.... Friday, those leading the effort to find Graham said they will no longer do blanket searches of property. Crews are now going to search based on the investigation into Jesse Matthew or leads that come in.... The rain didn't stop crews from checking land off Route 250 on Pantops Mountain Friday. At a media briefing Friday afternoon, search coordinator Mark Eggeman with the Virginia Department of Emergency Management said the plane used to take high-resolution images last week is producing promising leads....." NBC29

I am a bit surprised that they are taking this approach already...especially after Longo said he didn't care about how many resources it cost. It makes me wonder if there was some pressure by city officials to slow it down, especially since they will soon be at 100% of the 8-miles area searched.

The state emergency management leader who had been heading the search is taking a break after 27 days of actively leading those efforts. He's now handing the responsibility over to the city of Charlottesville to take the lead on the search.

http://www.walb.com/story/26758777/...aham-to-continue-charlottesville-to-take-lead

I am a bit surprised that they are taking this approach already...especially after Longo said he didn't care about how many resources it cost. It makes me wonder if there was some pressure by city officials to slow it down, especially since they will soon be at 100% of the 8-miles area searched.

I wouldn't think so, IMO. It's just once you get beyond that 8-mile radius, you really get rural. If you saw the aerial pictures of Panorama Farm where they searched early last week, that's just the beginning of what they would have to do. A radius much bigger than that, tactically, is practically impossible and would take weeks if not months to search it all.

I wouldn't think so, IMO. It's just once you get beyond that 8-mile radius, you really get rural. If you saw the aerial pictures of Panorama Farm where they searched early last week, that's just the beginning of what they would have to do. A radius much bigger than that, tactically, is practically impossible and would take weeks if not months to search it all.

Longo said just a few days ago that he doesn't care how many resources it will take to find Hannah. If it were up to him, they would be searching the entire state of Virginia. I think Charlottesville got the lead on the search, and the ~powers that be~ decided their county couldn't afford to continue this exorbitant search, so they are scaling it down. I don't think it is a coincidence that both developments happened on the same day. JMO.

BBM:

JLM's driving record would have prevented him from getting back into cab driving, I believe - his license has been suspended two or three times. Perhaps he purchased an older cab with beaucoup miles on it and it needed major repairs... as for just abandoning it rather than parting it out, this seems to fit the disorganized pattern of his personal affairs... I just wonder WHERE, exactly, it was found. Most likely on his mother's or grandmother's property? His father lives in Farmville, VA, which is 1.5 hours south of Charlottesville.

I was like, "Farmville, Farmville, why is that ringing a bell..."

Here's why:
FarmVille_logo.png

Lol

So, everyone is convinced JM killed and disposed of HG's body in the vast mountainous terrain of Albemarle County, because it is assumed he also killed MH and that's what he did with her body.

What if......JM isn't the perpetrator, and her body was put in a dumpster by a person with their own M.O.?

At this point, given JLMs actions and the mounting evidence against him, including the voluminous amount of forensic evidence recovered from his car, I think thats a long shot....even for an optimist.

Longo said just a few days ago that he doesn't care how many resources it will take to find Hannah. If it were up to him, they would be searching the entire state of Virginia. I think Charlottesville got the lead on the search, and the ~powers that be~ decided their county couldn't afford to continue this exorbitant search, so they are scaling it down. I don't think it is a coincidence that both developments happened on the same day. JMO.
My understanding of what is happening now is they are searching water with divers and using whatever resources they can find to go over the 4,000+ tips. This was implied in the 200 briefing yesterday.

This probably belongs in multiple threads, so repost as wanted. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...-aa5e-7153e466a02d_story.html?wprss=rss_crime

I haven't looked at the pictures posted of the Vines Center. Do they match a fields/woods description?

"Liberty officials said they cooperated with the Lynchburg police investigation. A heavily redacted police report released to The Post in response to a public information request shows the alleged rape occurred the evening of Oct. 16, 2002, in “field/woods” and was reported in the early hours of Oct. 17. Liberty has said that incident occurred behind the Vines Center, a basketball arena and special-events facility."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV