Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
I am a bit surprised that they are taking this approach already...especially after Longo said he didn't care about how many resources it cost. It makes me wonder if there was some pressure by city officials to slow it down, especially since they will soon be at 100% of the 8-miles area searched.

I wouldn't think so, IMO. It's just once you get beyond that 8-mile radius, you really get rural. If you saw the aerial pictures of Panorama Farm where they searched early last week, that's just the beginning of what they would have to do. A radius much bigger than that, tactically, is practically impossible and would take weeks if not months to search it all.

Seems logical to conclude that HG's remains will be located farther than the 8 mile radius since MH's remains were located 10 miles from the abduction site. Sexual predators/serial killers hone their skills with each innocent victim taken.. JM would not want his victims located. The victims are personal property to them; their only possessions. When HG is located, it will be a professional SAR org., or by a hunter or other outdoors person, imo.

RE: Search expense; CUE nor TES charges LE or the families for their SAR and other professional services...

Longwood College (now University), Farmville, Virginia - is where Kappa Delta Sorority was founded. http://www.longwood.edu/

Wonder if they have had a rash of sexual assaults and missing women there?
I know there was one, but I don't hear of a lot of girls becoming missing from there. I live near there.
Edited to add that the one girl who is missing seems similar to the way HG and MH became missing. Walking alone and never heard from again.

LOTS of people have pitbulls and large breed dogs- it doesn't mean they're into dog fighting. IMO dogfighting does not fit into the jolly good guy personae he created/put out there for himself.

What? I thought everyone with a pitbull or large breed dog was into dogfighting (kidding).
I actually have some pits myself.

And the Fairfax victim was raped and strangled and "beaten bloody." Within moments.

We all know that there is a strong link between animal cruelty and these types of people who commit assaults and murder.

All I can say is it would not surprise me if he was not father of the year to this poor dog.

Hmmm, okay, thinking out loud, any place he frequently takes his dog, you know parks, hikes, trails, etc? This might be a way he could revisit the site and not look suspicious...

At this point, given JLMs actions and the mounting evidence against him, including the voluminous amount of forensic evidence recovered from his car, I think thats a long shot....even for an optimist.

Wasn't aware there was voluminous evidence? All we know is that LE has a forensic link between MH and HG. If I recall correctly, they had to search JM's car a second time just to find evidence to support the Abduction charge. They just.p needed enough to show probable cause which is not difficult to establish from what I read. A forensic link could be a fiber from HG found in JM's car or apartment. Even a hair exchange...in the absence of a body it is very weak as this exchange can be explained by their contact on the mall.

RE: Search expense; CUE nor TES charges LE or the families for their SAR and other professional services...

Which is why it is so important to donate to these important entities. Most are all volunteer, including Dogs East. Look some of them up and send them a Christmas card with a check.

Longwood College (now University), Farmville, Virginia (fairly close to Lynchburg) is where Kappa Delta Sorority was founded. http://www.longwood.edu/

Wonder if they have had a rash of sexual assaults and missing women there?

It's truly horrifying to think about what kind of trail this guy has potentially left.

Wasn't aware there with voluminous evidence? All we know is that LE has is a forensic link between MH and HG.

Coy Barefoot stated "voluminous." Someone even posted the definition in two of these threads.
EDIT: FindHG posted on 10/9 regarding his 40-minute podcast that day:
"Coy reporting, toward the end of the interview. Most likey that the case will go thus, but who knows depends on the "voluminous evidence" from the car. It'll hopefully motivate JM to talk and say where. If they can place Hannah Graham in his car... then he didn't tell his family the truth either.

It was interesting that he could get to Earlysville, where they were searching today, all on back roads.
Last edited by FindHG; 10-09-2014 at 01:18 AM."

But with the dna link, he can be convicted of Morgan's murder.

This is my first post, but I am a long time visitor to this site.
I don’t believe JM would have traveled this far to discard one of his victims. I believe it is just too far away and it only increases the chances of getting caught.

With that being said, I live in Spotsylvania and I did visit the Ni River Trails this past Sunday (Oct. 5th) with the sole purpose of seeing and/or smelling if HG might have been discarded here.

The following link will give you a good map and satellite image of the trail area and hopefully help you visualize what I am about to describe.
http://fambe.org/trail-map-viewer/salamander-loop-mountain-bike-trail/

Upon arriving to the parking area, I did notice turkey vultures circling above the south-west corner of the trails. Seeing this I decided to walk the trail at the south-western end nearest the farm pond. The trails are surrounded by very tall trees that provide a very thick canopy over top of the trails. In fact, if you look at a satellite image of the area you can’t make out any of the trails because of the canopy.

Looking at the illustrated map at fambe.org:
The trail I started on is at the south-west corner of the “farm pond” area. It starts where the “?” is. At the “?” area, I could hear a lot of crows squawking. I believe it as either a warning squawk or they were trying to chase the buzzards away. I walked about 130 steps down to the first yellow dot. The area of the first yellow dot is where I could hear that the squawking was coming from a south-westerly angle away from the first yellow dot. So I ventured about 20 yards until I could see the sky through the trees. There I could see the group of crows. They were in the tree tops to the west. They must have seen me because the whole group flew away in a south-easterly direction. Looking at the fambe.org satellite map, I believe I was looking towards the somewhat circular clearing. Beyond the clearing would be the rock quarry. I did not venture any further because it was private property. Other than the buzzards and the crows, I did not observe any- thing unusual.

Next, I walked back towards the farm pond and took my first left and walked the trail that eventually runs along the Ni River (it’s more like a big stream about 10-15 feet wide). This trail branches off before you get to the next “?” and is not highlighted on the map. This trail runs downhill and is mildly steep as it meets up with the Ni. I did not see or smell anything unusual on this portion of the trail. I walked it to the end. At one point when I was walking along the Ni, I could hear the crunching of gravel by a vehicle driving super slow on the other side of the river. It eventually stopped but I couldn’t see anything because of the trees. I then walked back to the parking area. I did not walk the upland trail (salamander loop) because I figured if you are carrying a body, you want to go downhill towards the swampy and river areas.

Back at the parking lot, I decided to check out the 4 sided wooden structure, that is supposed to hide a dumpster. There is no dumpster there but people do dump trash there anyway. There were a couple of small bags of trash, probably from someone’s vehicle. There was an unusually large pile of empty “Newport” hard back cigarette packs. It looked to be about 15-20 packs. This caught my eye because someone mentioned that JM might smoke.

Some background information on the area:

The Ni River Trails parking area is behind a vacant building that is for lease.

The building to the south of the parking area is the Spotsylvania School Board

The quarry behind the school board is not currently operating.

I visit the area to observe wildlife and to take pictures. I have visited the area around 15-20 times since it opened. I usually visit mid morning to early afternoon and I’ve seen other people there maybe 3 times (a total of about 6 people). These trails are not well known or well visited. In fact, on my Sunday visit the trails in some sections were starting to overgrow. I have seen deputies cruise around the vacant building 2 or 3 times on my visits.

Even though these trails are not well visited, I think you’d be taking a chance parking in the parking area at night and doing something illegal. My reasoning for this is that I am sure the School Board building and the High School on the other side of route 1 is driven by at least once a night by deputies. Also, it would be a good place for cops to lay low at night to fill out reports, make phone calls, take a break, etc…. If they get a call they can always say they are checking out the School Board building.

This is my opinion. I wouldn’t risk it, but then again I’m not a serial killer either.

I hope this clears some sleuthers questions about this area.

Update: I drove by the trail’s parking area Tuesday the 7th to see if the buzzards were still flying overhead and they were not.

Welcome Spotsydude! :welcome5:

O/T:

Ni River, Spotsylvania, I remember these names--IIRC there was an unsolved potential child abduction there? Going back to look...

eta: here it is:
VA- Unidentified 12-year-old abducted in Spotsylvania, 4 July 2013
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?214597-VA-Unidentified-12-year-old-abducted-in-Spotsylvania-4-July-2013

Wasn't aware there with voluminous evidence? All we know is that LE has is a forensic link between MH and HG.

Somewhere I read the phrase 'voluminous evidence' said by a law enforcement officer in regard to the orange car.

Is there a map posted somewhere of all the locations we can link to this guy? TIA

Welcome Spotsydude! :welcome5:
O/T:

Ni River, Spotsylvania, I remember these names--IIRC there was an unsolved potential child abduction there? Going back to look...

For ones just arriving, the Spotsylvania Greenways Initiative is a page JM "liked" on FB. LE has that information.

This probably belongs in multiple threads, so repost as wanted. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...-aa5e-7153e466a02d_story.html?wprss=rss_crime

I haven't looked at the pictures posted of the Vines Center. Do they match a fields/woods description?

"Liberty officials said they cooperated with the Lynchburg police investigation. A heavily redacted police report released to The Post in response to a public information request shows the alleged rape occurred the evening of Oct. 16, 2002, in “field/woods” and was reported in the early hours of Oct. 17. Liberty has said that incident occurred behind the Vines Center, a basketball arena and special-events facility."

Ugh, sounds like we need a thread just for sexual assaults in the area...

No one in LE has said the link is DNA. So no he cant be convicted of much at all till we know what the evidence is.
Coy Barefoot is also not a reliable source there is voluminous evidence for this ha ha.

But media is reporting "sources close to the investigation" have reported that is is DNA, and as of today (see WP link above) that it is JM's DNA. And no one from LE has corrected them.

For ones just arriving, the Spotsylvania Greenways Initiative is a page JM "liked" on FB. LE has that information.

BINGO!!!!!
http://spotsylvaniagreenways.org/

"Spotsylvania Greenways Initiative is a group off volunteers dedicated to "Building Trails . . . Building Connections." This site is currently under construction and will soon have links to trails for hiking, biking and equestrian use. It will include local, regional and national trail information. You will find information about guided walks, special events and how you can become involved. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience!"

Coy Barefoot stated "voluminous." Someone even posted the definition in two of these threads.
EDIT: FindHG posted on 10/9 regarding his 40-minute podcast that day:
"Coy reporting, toward the end of the interview. Most likey that the case will go thus, but who knows depends on the "voluminous evidence" from the car. It'll hopefully motivate JM to talk and say where. If they can place Hannah Graham in his car... then he didn't tell his family the truth either.

It was interesting that he could get to Earlysville, where they were searching today, all on back roads.
Last edited by FindHG; 10-09-2014 at 01:18 AM."

Looking at this map - MAP JLM HEG - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zhH0NjEZuy28.kQI70Tl9nPsA - it is odd WHERE JLM's orange auto was found. NOT near his apartment, but closer downtown. WHY?

Was that where JLM met his mother and uncle to go to the police station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett