Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For reference:

"Morton went missing on October 10, 2009. Several weeks later, a hiker discovered the 23-year-old’s decomposed body on Candlers Mountain, near Camp Hydaway, a retreat owned by Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University".

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?92211-VA-Cassandra-Ann-Morton-23-Lynchburg-10-Nov-2009&p=11078439#post11078439

So, if JM is responsible for this, we have a mountain / camp retreat type area. I don't think he would use this site again since she was found, but similar locations might be useful to consider.

Also, note the possible religious relation/significance:

"Jerry Lamon Falwell, Sr. (August 11, 1933 – May 15, 2007)[1] was an American evangelical Southern Baptist pastor, televangelist, and a conservative political commentator.[2] He was the founding pastor of the Thomas Road Baptist Church, a megachurch in Lynchburg, Virginia. He founded Lynchburg Christian Academy (now Liberty Christian Academy) in 1967, Liberty University in 1971, and co-founded the Moral Majority in 1979."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell

I made a post in the "Other Victims" thread about CM where LE in Lynchburg said they didn't think she was killed where she was found, which is pertinent to earlier conversations in this thread.

I agree especially in JMs case. I truly think this was just another way for him to blend in and be seen as unassuming. A 'good guy' still going to church like his grandma probably raised him to do as a child growing up. Always wanting to keep up that front/mask that 'he was not the one' LE was looking for.

I watched JM very closely during his hearing in Texas and then of course we saw his mug shot. I didn't see one ounce of remorse in his eyes or behavior. I saw a cockiness, aloofness and icy coldness. Imo, he even smirked for his mug shot. This man has no conscience and I think that can be judged by past behavior. He rapes in 2002 and if he really was remorseful he wouldn't have gone on to rape another victim 9 months later.

And I don't think he genuinely had any remorse when he punched the lawyer in the jaw either. What he is good at is manipulating others so that he has the advantage. By pretending to be contrite he knew there was a very good chance the guy wouldn't press charges. That way he knew he was safe, for then anyhow, and his DNA wouldn't be entered into CODIS without an assault conviction. I believe that is why he got away with horrific violent crimes for as long as he did. JM could be as smooth as silk on the exterior when he needed to be but underneath he has no ability to have compassion and empathy for anyone especially his selected victims.

However; past environments during his childhood could be linked to where he has disposed of Hannah's body. Maybe it was an out of the way very rural country church. Maybe the church is no longer standing but old graves are still there.

Wherever his 'bone yard' is it is personally connected to him somehow. The problem with JM though he has lived in that area all of his life and trying to find that area and why he would select it over others is unknown even to the profilers that I know must be assisting Longo and the teams as they search. IMO.

I agree, not to mention the searchers must be tearing their hair out, killing themselves trying to find her. When I look at the vast, beautiful countryside in Virginia it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I have a sense the searches will eventually slack off and she will be found much like MH.....by accident. As many of you, I ache for her family. MOO

I thought this myself at first, that the van was found and was related to the Nelson Co search warrant, but the date isn't quite right - that is, unless LE released a time frame that isn't quite right.

Oct 9 was when the media published their blurbs about the van having been seized "two weeks ago," which give or take a day, would have meant that the van was found on Sept 24/25/26. Two of those three days the searchers were working Carter's Mountain.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26630951/crews-search-for-hannah-graham-on-carter-mountain

IIRC the Nelson search warrant was served on Oct 1 or 2. Anyone remember specifically? I know it's in the scanner thread.
I think the seizure of the van is totally separate from what the searchers were doing at that time on Carter's Mountain. I don't remember specifically when the search warrant was served, but media may have been given an estimate and over one week may equal two weeks to the media. MOO

I would be inclined to believe if anything was found in the cab that tied to a crime, it most likely would have been Morgan's case, or perhaps another unsolved case rather than to Hannah's disappearance. From appearances, he barely kept his orange car in running order. I doubt the cab was anything more than a non-running piece of junk when it was abandoned, and we don't even know with certainty that he abandoned it or even knew it's location, though we can surmise that he probably knew at least that. As to the cab being the potential "hidey hole" or "torture chamber", I doubt that. He is a big fella and probably needs more room to do his deeds in, and as far as hiding places, for bodies anyway, there are far less conspicuous and safer places to put someone than in a vehicle that can be tied to you, even if you think it is out of plain sight. I don't profess to know enough about DNA to know whether or not a specific person's DNA can be plucked from a van that undoubtedly had very many occupants over time, after five years, but I really think any clues the van may have given up most likely pertain to Morgan. Having said all this, IF JM was the one who ditched the van at the location it was found, and again, we don't know this one way or the other, then that immediate area MIGHT hold sentimental value to him and be a place he would dump a body, but I am certain LE would surely have had the same thoughts and checked that area very, very well. JMO

True, true. Good points. I wasn't even mentally connecting that my personal theory is in fact that he did NOT have one place he took everyone, and therefore does not jive with this theory!

This weekend there was supposed to be an intensification of the search, but I haven't found a single MSM story about how things went. Has anyone heard anything/seen any articles?

IMO, she's likely to be found unexpectedly by luck. As all of the ideas floating around on this thread show, the possibilities are almost endless. I wouldn't be surprised if she was found by a hunter within an area that's already been marked as 'searched'.
Agree with you.
Does anyone think she could be somewhere alive at this point?[emoji188]

That is a fantastic idea!!!

page one search results of "Virginia fishing forum" from google:

Virginia Angler - Tidal Fish
www.tidalfish.com › Forum › Chesapeake Bay Fishing Forums
Dec 30, 2009 - Forum: Virginia Angler. Virginia fishing reports, fishing techniques and how to fishing in Virginia covering the Virginia Chesapeake Bay, Virginia Beach Fishing ...
Chesapeake Bay Fishing Forums Oct 12, 2014
Fishing Fly Fishing How to Fishing and Fishing Reports at Tidal ... Oct 10, 2014
Northern Neck Virginia Angler Dec 29, 2009
Mid Atlantic Offshore Angler Dec 29, 2009
More results from www.tidalfish.com
VA Outdoors VA Outdoors - VA's premier hunting and fishing ...
va-outdoors.com/
5 days ago - Article By Jim Whittman, VA Outdoors Digital Contributor and Supporter My strategy for fishing tidal waters, verses a lake or reservoir, doesn't ...
‎Potomac River Fishing Reports - ‎VA Outdoors General Forum - ‎Sponsorships - ‎Help
Forums - Virginia Beach Sport Fishing
vbsf.net/vbsf-forum/
DESKTOP or MOBILE News and chat! Your 13000 fishing buddies are only a click away! Enter VBSF Fishing Forum Home Page.
Forums - Virginia Sportsmen - VA Hunting and Fishing Forum
www.vasportsmen.com/forums/
It is up to each member to know the rules of the forum. Please read these prior to posting. 3, 3, Advertising Disclaimer/Po... 09-22-2014 07:33 PM
‎General Board - ‎Virginia Sportsmen - ‎Search - ‎Member List
Bass Fishing Forums | BassResource.com
www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/
Thousands of bass anglers these visit these fishing forums every day because they're full ... North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia.
Virginia Beach Sport Fishing Forums
vbsf.ipbhost.com/
weekly fishing reports from Virginia Beach VA to Hatteras NC.
Fishing forums - FinTalk.com
www.fintalk.com/boards/
Saltwater Fishing Reports for anglers in North Carolina Outer Banks, Virginia Chesapeake Bay and saltwater fishing regions from Texas to Florida to New ...
Fishing VA | Your source for fishing in Virginia
fishingva.com/
Also most of them have forums, as does this site fishingva.com, where you can interact ... Information gathered from Virginia Dept of Game and Inland Fisheries ...
Virginia Hunting Forum
www.vahuntingforum.com/
VA Hunting Forum is very fortunate to have an incredible support base, partnering .... Wondering what piece of hunting or fishing equipment gear to buy next?
Virginia Hunting Forum - Virginia - Hunting and Fishing ...
https://www.facebook.com/VaHuntingForum
Virginia Hunting Forum, Virginia. 10811 likes · 1145 talking about this. Virginia's Leading Hunting and Fishing Community www.VAHuntingForum.com.

eta: how funny, about halfway down is vasportsmen---I read it as vasportsmom (a member here, lol)

eta: does anyone what online handles he might use? Argh, this is another needle in a haystack...we could be here for years...

eta: I'm seeing lots of saltwater links---was he specifically into freshwater? Does anyone know? Maybe we should check the "What we know about JM" thread...

Agree with you.
Does anyone think she could be somewhere alive at this point?[emoji188]

Unfortunately, I think she was gone before her friends or loved ones knew she was missing. I do think she'll be found; I just hope it's not too long from now :(

The body (if there is a body) may have been moved from an unsearched area to a searched area. This is why the chief is reluctant to keep expanding the search area. It bothers me motels have not been searched to see if the sex industry got her. She could be in a rich Texans compound.IMO

For reference:

"Morton went missing on October 10, 2009. Several weeks later, a hiker discovered the 23-year-old’s decomposed body on Candlers Mountain, near Camp Hydaway, a retreat owned by Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University".

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?92211-VA-Cassandra-Ann-Morton-23-Lynchburg-10-Nov-2009&p=11078439#post11078439

So, if JM is responsible for this, we have a mountain / camp retreat type area. I don't think he would use this site again since she was found, but similar locations might be useful to consider.

Also, note the possible religious relation/significance:

"Jerry Lamon Falwell, Sr. (August 11, 1933 – May 15, 2007)[1] was an American evangelical Southern Baptist pastor, televangelist, and a conservative political commentator.[2] He was the founding pastor of the Thomas Road Baptist Church, a megachurch in Lynchburg, Virginia. He founded Lynchburg Christian Academy (now Liberty Christian Academy) in 1967, Liberty University in 1971, and co-founded the Moral Majority in 1979."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell

Yes. Perhaps more remorse shown in their cases, and for no reason that I know of that their death may have been JM's doing. But he always seem to be looking out for number one. It is also hunting season, which may have been an indication he may have not been up to risk of traipsing through the woods.

This weekend there was supposed to be an intensification of the search, but I haven't found a single MSM story about how things went. Has anyone heard anything/seen any articles?

IMO, she's likely to be found unexpectedly by luck. As all of the ideas floating around on this thread show, the possibilities are almost endless. I wouldn't be surprised if she was found by a hunter within an area that's already been marked as 'searched'.

It's concerning to me that there's no word on this weekend's searching. Not a peep that I can find.

BBM:

That's another frustrating aspect here, how often remains are missed in initial searches and later found in places which were already searched, for example Gabrielle Swainson...

BBM /RSBM for clarity

Israel K (I hate tonwrite their names) had variety:

(Me too! Note I almost always use initials (ARS, MJK, DC...)! Also, when they show a photo of a perp on the forensic shows, I look away!)

Ugh, IK...he was very diverse, wasn't he?

I am a new member and first time poster to WS. I have been following this case diligently since the beginning because I am a landowner not far south from where MH was found. I am about 14 miles south of Cville toward Lynchburg. A very large number of police vehicles entered my farm today, including search and rescue, police and sheriff's department. They had cadaver dogs and bloodhounds and (modsnip). I led them back on ATV's to the farthest reaches of my property where we hiked in with the bloodhound. (modsnip)It was half a mile from where we were at that time, through very difficult terrain. The dog and the troops were exhausted, and darkness is falling, so they are planning to go to that location first thing tomorrow. They seemed very encouraged by this particular lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc