Hannah's Journey on 09/13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Just walking, eh? Welp, now things are really getting weird. And McGrady's didn't mention this earlier because???? This disappearance officially makes little sense to me. How about LE gives the public a little more info to work on? They've been so closed mouth about every little thing. It's annoying but so be it if they can put a predator away. Why haven't we heard where JM went after the bar??? If we're assuming that HG was in the car then where did JM go? And when did he come back? He's seems to purchase many things with card and not cash so where does the digital trail lead? When did he log into Facebook? When did he make a call? When did he purchase gasoline? When did his roommates last see him? Come on, LE. I can't imagine him hiding a body in his car for an extended amount of time and with a car with overdue stickers that could be pulled over at any time. But then again, JM does seem like an idiot...

Also, if HG was just walking then I now strongly believe she wasn't lost. It's been a month and we haven't found her? In this day and age and with all the technology we have today? God help us all...

Just walking, eh? Welp, now things are really getting weird. And McGrady's didn't mention this earlier because???? This disappearance officially makes little sense to me. How about LE gives the public a little more info to work on? They've been so closed mouth about every little thing. It's annoying but so be it if they can put a predator away. Why haven't we heard where JM went after the bar??? If we're assuming that HG was in the car then where did JM go? And when did he come back? He's seems to purchase many things with card and not cash so where does the digital trail lead? When did he log into Facebook? When did he make a call? When did he purchase gasoline? When did his roommates last see him? Come on, LE. I can't imagine him hiding a body in his car for an extended amount of time and with a car with overdue stickers that could be pulled over at any time. But then again, JM does seem like an idiot...

Also, if HG was just walking then I now strongly believe she wasn't lost. It's been a month and we haven't found her? In this day and age and with all the technology we have today? God help us all...

LE has to be careful about what info they release to the public, especially now that they have a suspect in custody and that suspect has an attorney. If the cops go and release info that they have, they run the risk of "contaminating" the potential jury pool, which could result in a trial being moved to a different location, or worse, the defense seeking a mistrial.

LE has to be careful about what info they release to the public, especially now that they have a suspect in custody and that suspect has an attorney. If the cops go and release info that they have, they run the risk of "contaminating" the potential jury pool, which could result in a trial being moved to a different location, or worse, the defense seeking a mistrial.

Understandable, but you'd think JM would be begging for a plea deal with all the info LE must have. Either JM went home that night at a normal time or he went home late. He lives only 11 minutes away from Tempo? If he did make it home in a decent time then HG can't be far. Yet we haven't found her. What possible credible alibi could JM have for not making it home that night?? I'd be begging for a deal if I was in his shoes...

Understandable, but you'd think JM would be begging for a plea deal with all the info LE must have. Either JM went home that night at a normal time or he went home late. He lives only 11 minutes away from Tempo? If he did make it home in a decent time then HG can't be far. Yet we haven't found her. What possible credible alibi could JM have for not making it home that night?? I'd be begging for a deal if I was in his shoes...

Why beg for a plea deal? Right now, Hannah is a "missing person." I There's a chance her body might never be located. In the state of VA, only two people have been convicted of murder without a body being found. It wouldn't make sense for JM to cop to a plea and confess to a murder when no body has been found. That's legal suicide and I'm sure his attorney has warned him of such.

I keep think about that clip too. Asked my college-aged daughter for her thoughts and her instinct was that Hannah had dressed for a theme party that night, something that is pretty frequent on campuses, and would have caused her to attract more attention. Of course, drugs are another frequent occurrence, and it's naive IMO not to consider the possibility that the two of them did indeed know each other in that context. Jm has been referred to as a dealer and was in all likelihood on Molly that night himself (excessive sweating is a sign). Even LE referred to her as walking "with purpose," and it's easy to get the impression that she's looking for someone -- if not JM, then perhaps just a particular guy, someone she wanted to see her sparkling, in that sad time of night when everyone else seems to have someone to go home with but you....

Can you link to the source of the information that say JM was a dealer? Thanks!

Gee...now that's interesting--just walking? She really wasn't there long enough to say much else. I totally agree with you, sixecho...I can't help but think that giving out just a little more information might help find HG. LE apparently has figured all of the pieces of the puzzle that many of us can't understand--they must know exactly where she was going and why, and don't feel a need to gather additional information from the public on this part of it. Makes no sense to me that they want so much information from anyone who might have seen something, but they're not giving much for them to go on!

I chatted with someone who attended UVA, and she said students do not as a norm hang out at the mall...unless they had a reason to be there. Partying is definitely on campus. She said that you see a student alone on a weekend night and they had a purpose. Ecstasy is very popular recreational drug and the mall is usually the place to find it. My question is does her gait and demeanor seem to change over the course of time? It seems she is really purposeful and her stride is pretty confident at first. Was told she likely ran past the gas station because it is a fairly skeevy part of town that she had to traverse. In other words, she is aware of her surroundings and seems able to look out for herself.

Fast forward to Grady's and she seems more like she is wandering aimlessly. This is where she stumbles off the curb. Her gait doesn't seem drunken to me; more almost too fluid like she cannot stop herself. Rolling? Obviously, the person at Grady's picked up on it enough to offer help, and her answer is "just walking". Bizarre. It almost looks like she is trying to get in to that bar or was looking for someone.

I could see how she lost her bearings later on. My point is I think it was more than drinking. What brought on that change in her gait and confidence level in such a short time?

It has been suggested that LE is covering the drug angle to protect her family. At this point, if it helps find her does it matter? I would think her family by now is beyond worrying about appearances. No one is judging her; she is not the first 18 year old to dabble. I imagine that "I'm walking" is supposed to generate more clues?!? There needs to be a little more transparency if they want to find her, IMHO.

No I can't -- I thought I'd seem him referred to that way here on WS and it's certainly a theory on other blogs-- that it would explain the immediate connection, her persistence in walking and lack of skittishness when he approached. I asked earlier today if anyone knew anything about this and there have been no responses-- I really don't want to complicate things with a faulty theory.

(shortened respectfully for focus) Ecstasy is very popular recreational drug and the mall is usually the place to find it. .... My point is I think it was more than drinking.

I do not mean to cast aspersions on this poor girl, but I have to admit that was my first thought -weeks and weeks ago- as well. I don't think that a lot of folks on here realize how common and normal it would be. People are like, "she was a smart girl, a kind girl, a good girl, she would not do drugs!" But smart, kind, good girls DO that sort of thing at that age. I don't know if her Twitter account is still up, but I recall a conversation she had with a male friend which pretty clearly insinuated she was too messed up the night before to remember what she'd done. Coulda been alcohol, sure, but even if so it speaks to her comfort level with partying. She was not a teetotaler. I think it's highly likely, and would explain a LOT (why she was at the mall, her appearance, etc) if she had been using drugs that night.

Again- I hope people understand I do not mean to be unkind. I have a college-age daughter, though, and I understand that the very best and brightest and kindest do that sort of thing at that age. I definitely think it's worth considering in the context of her journey that night.

I do not mean to cast aspersions on this poor girl, but I have to admit that was my first thought -weeks and weeks ago- as well. I don't think that a lot of folks on here realize how common and normal it would be. People are like, "she was a smart girl, a kind girl, a good girl, she would not do drugs!" But smart, kind, good girls DO that sort of thing at that age. I don't know if her Twitter account is still up, but I recall a conversation she had with a male friend which pretty clearly insinuated she was too messed up the night before to remember what she'd done. Coulda been alcohol, sure, but even if so it speaks to her comfort level with partying. She was not a teetotaler. I think it's highly likely, and would explain a LOT (why she was at the mall, her appearance, etc) if she had been using drugs that night.

Again- I hope people understand I do not mean to be unkind. I have a college-age daughter, though, and I understand that the very best and brightest and kindest do that sort of thing at that age. I definitely think it's worth considering in the context of her journey that night.

You are being realistic, not at all unkind. I think there are many others who think it, but people get attacked for "blaming the victim". It is sad because in the end it hurts more than helps.

FWIW, MH used Ecstasy and made many references to rolling in her social media accounts. Her behavior that night of the concert is described as erratic.

I really think that there is an important drug subtext to both cases. I think they both knew (maybe JM or two guys), but I think they both knew the assailant.

Repeat of early release of information alluding to future plans for the evening:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-university-virginia-student-hannah-graham-video/story?id=25576455

Investigators have seized surveillance footage from a number of businesses and said the videos helped track Graham's movements on the night she disappeared. One video was from outside McGrady’s Irish Pub. Graham is seen going past the pub’s sidewalk patio section. Two minutes later she walks back into the frame, crosses in front of the restaurant without going inside and then walks back out of the camera's view in the direction she first came from.

About 10 minutes later at 12:55 a.m., she appears on the surveillance footage of a nearby Shell Station and looks as if she is running, but no one is seen behind her on the video.

Longo would not detail all of the texts that she sent to friends, but said she was in communication with them and it appeared as if “there was discussion among the friends about where they would meet up at a later time.”

“One of the entries suggested to me that she wasn’t familiar with where she was, but I didn’t get the sense that there was fear,” he said.

Police have previously said that Graham was intoxicated and the chief said today, "You can draw your own conclusion if the video depicts disorientation."

Longo said he was aware of two more videos that appear to show Graham that night, but police have not yet seen them.

Gee...now that's interesting--just walking? She really wasn't there long enough to say much else. I totally agree with you, sixecho...I can't help but think that giving out just a little more information might help find HG. LE apparently has figured all of the pieces of the puzzle that many of us can't understand--they must know exactly where she was going and why, and don't feel a need to gather additional information from the public on this part of it. Makes no sense to me that they want so much information from anyone who might have seen something, but they're not giving much for them to go on!

Yeah. LE is actually pissing me off with their tactics. So many things still don't add up. I keep coming back to the video in front of Sal's where we see WG, HG, and JM all in the same shot.

WG's behavior just doesn't make any sense. HG traveled down Preston Ave, took a right on 2nd street passing Fenilli's and then entered the downtown mall area from 2nd street. The earliest WG could have seen HG is when she entered the downtown mall from second street.

I've attached a map to this comment that shows the relevant route HG traveled. Fenilli's to Sal's is three minutes. The time it would take to travel from the Downtown mall entrance to Sal's is even shorter! WG would only have a matter of seconds to observe HG and then quicken his pace to surpass her... only to wait, very creepy like, to follow her. WG knew HG was coming his way, WG waited for HG, and WG followed HG. Perhaps it's not a coincidence WG and JM changed their travel paths to follow HG. From what we know about JM, he really does not appear to be very bright. At this point, I think that he may have had help and I think WG was that help.map.jpg

You are being realistic, not at all unkind. I think there are many others who think it, but people get attacked for "blaming the victim". It is sad because in the end it hurts more than helps.

FWIW, MH used Ecstasy and made many references to rolling in her social media accounts. Her behavior that night of the concert is described as erratic.

I really think that there is an important drug subtext to both cases. I think they both knew (maybe JM or two guys), but I think they both knew the assailant.

Agree with you both. Here's even more evidence of Molly being an issue at UVA: http://www.vox.com/2014/10/3/6875569/molly-mdma-rave-act-shelley-goldsmith

There can be hundreds of theories of why Hannah was at the mall that night. LE has spoken with UVA students who were with her earlier and who got her texts. Her computer has been searched, her apartment has been searched. If you look at her in the clear video shot that was released, there really wasn't much she could have been carrying with her. If she were just planning to hang with friends at the Corner, she wouldn't even need ID, money, credit cards. Just a key or whatever to get back into her apartment possibly (unless it has keyless entry) and her cell phone. I find it hard to believe she'd wear that short shiny top to walk to the mall area to meet someone, but, yes it's possible. But from what LE collected in statements from those she left at the Corner, and those who saw her at the mall, they think that she was lost, drunk and confused. They do not believe she had planned to meet up with JM or anyone at that mall.

She clearly accompanied JM willingly. We have tape for that and statements from a number of people who saw them together. No thought for an instant that she was unwillingly with JM.

What really matters in all of this is where Hannah went after she left the mall in JM's car. Where did they go? Where did she end up? Where is she now?

Yeah. LE is actually pissing me off with their tactics. So many things still don't add up. I keep coming back to the video in front of Sal's where we see WG, HG, and JM all in the same shot.

WG's behavior just doesn't make any sense. HG traveled down Preston Ave, took a right on 2nd street passing Fenilli's and then entered the downtown mall area from 2nd street. The earliest WG could have seen HG is when she entered the downtown mall from second street.

I've attached a map to this comment that shows the relevant route HG traveled. Fenilli's to Sal's is three minutes. The time it would take to travel from the Downtown mall entrance to Sal's is even shorter! WG would only have a matter of seconds to observe HG and then quicken his pace to surpass her... only to wait, very creepy like, to follow her. WG knew HG was coming his way, WG waited for HG, and WG followed HG. Perhaps it's not a coincidence WG and JM changed their travel paths to follow HG. From what we know about JM, he really does not appear to be very bright. At this point, I think that he may have had help and I think WG was that help.View attachment 61451

Frankly, my first reaction to WG was that he was going to try to pick her up. No shortage of men looking to hit on women and if they are drunk and confused, so much the better. I will say that it's an opinon only and if WG was nothing more than a Good Samaritan, my apologies to him. It would certainly be sad if the only two people in that mall area that stopped in their tracks to offer help to Hannah were two predators.

Respectfilly, aside from satisfying curious people who just want to know, whether she on drugs, going to buy drugs, or anything else doesn't ultimately matter. She was last seen with JM as far as anyone can ascertain, she then disappeared, and at least some evidence seems to show he is responsible. That is what matters. And I fail to see how knowing if she was on drugs or trying to buy some will help to find her. JMO

Well, it might give some clues as to where they might have gone (after Tempo) and whether anyone else might have been there. I do think its relevant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back