Hannah's Journey on 09/13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now I'm totally confused! I thought a couple of posts ago you said the kebab place was right next to McGrady's with no street between them? Because I thought there WAS a street and you said no. Please clarify, and thank you for your patience. :)

ahaha no sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. The place next to mcGrady is the brewery: it's called Three Notch'd Brewery. Across the street there is the kebab place.

On google street view it doesn't look like you can walk from the patio/bouncer down to Grady, or are there stairs down to the street that I can't see? Looks Like she would have to go back out around the patio where she came from. What is that place it's showing between pub and harvest moon, 2 stories tall?

But they said she wasnt even INSIDE Tempo so how would a drink be for her? Did we ever get a clear answer on if she was rejected at the door?

I still can't make up my mind whether Hannah was actually inside Tempo. But what if JM only went past the door checker and once inside, opened the side entrance for Hannah. Any locals know if this is even possible? Hard for me since I don't know the layout.

https://www.google.com/maps/views/explore?gl=it&hl=it&vm=1&ll=38.038228,-78.490695&bd=38.037907,-78.491319,38.038548,-78.490071&z=20

I don't know if this link works. But, look on Grady Avenue: the place with the patio, near the little lateral street, is McGrady's pub. Next to it, on the left, there is the brewery. You can cross Grady and Preston, and you can go to the Mona Lica Italian place, Sticks Kebob place (here is the name). If outside Grady you turn left, and you walk and walk on Preston, you arrive on Downton Mall.

ahaha no sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. The place next to mcGrady is the brewery: it's called Three Notch'd Brewery. Across the street there is the kebab place.

Got it! Is there a parking lot between McGady's and the brewery or anything else?

No, nothing. The parking lot is in front of McGrady, and in the lateral street on the left to McGrady.

Wow... thanks for posting this. I guess I've never seen the full Shell Station video until now -- in the above link she runs one direction, stops, runs back, stops again and then runs back in the original direction. Every other shell station video I've seen only shows her running in one direction. This, to me, plus the McGrady's video shows pretty clearly that she is lost and looking for friends.

Because of McGrady's (peeking in windows) it looks to me like she was trying to find friends who were in a bar (as opposed to a house party). I think when she got to the downtown mall she was still looking for her friends in a bar. JLM comes up to her all friendly and says something like -- "I know all the bars on the Downtown Mall. I can help you find your friends... come with me..." Pure speculation, of course. But that might explain why she goes with him so readily. I don't think HG knew JLM and planned to meet him.

No, no... that's a video of the police SHOWING the video taken from the Shell station. They reversed it and played it again, showing her running forward and then appearing to be running backward. LE even made a comment that it was confusing during the press conference. This one is much better: http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/web...ing-near-charlottesville-gas-station/28124222

Got it! Is there a parking lot between McGady's and the brewery or anything else?

ILOKAL, you can virtually 'walk' that whole area around the front and side of McGrady's using Google Street View. I highly recommend it because it makes understanding the layout a lot easier.

https://www.google.com/maps/views/explore?gl=it&hl=it&vm=1&ll=38.038228,-78.490695&bd=38.037907,-78.491319,38.038548,-78.490071&z=20

I don't know if this link works. But, look on Grady Avenue: the place with the patio, near the little lateral street, is McGrady's pub. Next to it, on the left, there is the brewery. You can cross Grady and Preston, and you can go to the Mona Lica Italian place, Sticks Kebob place (here is the name). If outside Grady you turn left, and you walk and walk on Preston, you arrive on Downton Mall.

Thanks, that's a great map. Question? Most posters have said they can't figure out why Hannah took Preston to get to the DTM instead of Main St. As I see it, from McGrady's to the DTM Preston is the most direct route. Am I wrong?

Also, where is Wertland? I can't find it on any map and I've looked at about six of them. I can find 14th but I can't find 14th and Wertland.

From McGrady is the most direct route indeed. Otherwise she would have to go back on 14th street and then take Main Street. My question was, why she went on McGrady before going Downtown?
Wertland is near 14thstreet, now I'll search the map.

I think that what will be more important is the record on JM's bill of what was purchased. I think they likely code it somehow to show what was purchased to track for business purposes, so there should be a way of knowing what kind of drink was purchased. I think many of us are assuming it was beer (or has that been proven some how?). If he was buying for her, it could have been water or a soda? We don't know, but I think it will matter more in the end what they were drinking rather than where. Plying her with more alcohol supports the defilement charge, but with something more benign, a toxicology report would be necessary, IMO.

Oh, having worked in many restaurants I can say with confidence that they know exactly what those drinks were. Bars track everything to control theft and comply with state laws and help with inventory management.

I think that those of us who are familiar with the area weren't saying that Preston wasn't the most direct route.....just that it is not a route than anyone would WALK from the campus area to the Dowtown Mall. As others have posted, the DM by day is upscale eating and shopping...and in the evening, nice dining atmosphere. But it's not where the UVa kids go/hang out for the bar scene. Not at all. ESPECIALLY to walk there!

Different topic: does anyone know if HG had a car at UVa?

Please don't ask me for a link, but I have read several times that she had no car.

From McGrady is the most direct route indeed. Otherwise she would have to go back on 14th street and then take Main Street. My question was, why she went on McGrady before going Downtown?
Wertland is near 14thstreet, now I'll search the map.

Now that I know Preston IS the most direct route from McGrady's to DTM and Hannah seemed to have no problems, that we're aware of, knowing where McGrady's is and how to get there, it seems to me that McGrady's was precisely where Hannah wanted to go, for whatever reason. Upon her arrival at McGrady's she immediately peers into the patio area twice as though she is looking for someone in particular. Then she is off screen for one to two minutes, and then chats with the bouncer. She may have asked the bouncer if he had seen this particular person Hannah seems to have been looking for.

Now that I know Preston IS the most direct route from McGrady's to DTM and Hannah seemed to have no problems, that we're aware of, knowing where McGrady's is and how to get there, it seems to me that McGrady's was precisely where Hannah wanted to go, for whatever reason. Upon her arrival at McGrady's she immediately peers into the patio area twice as though she is looking for someone in particular. Then she is off screen for one to two minutes, and then chats with the bouncer. She may have asked the bouncer if he had seen this particular person Hannah seems to have been looking for.
We haven't heard what she spoke to the bouncer about, have we? I have heard discussion that she wanted to go inside, but was denied entry. Was this just assumption? She may have asked to go inside to look for someone...
I also think there may be a lot more information from her text messages about what she was doing.

Does anyone else think LE knows more about what she was doing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back