Hannah's Journey on 09/13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How are there plenty of parties on Preston Ave.? It is a main road. There are no houses on it. This is what makes me think she may have been looking for a bar because bars are on the main roads.

There is a huge section of student housing (off-campus, but students nonetheless) down the hill on Preston Ave- near where it runs into Rugby Rd. Several apartment complexes that have many a party on the weekends. (I lived there)

The UTS bus system heads that way as well. She could have been heading to one of those, although it would be a more unusual route. Most people would go through the Rugby Rd end of town to get there. Essentially following the bus route. But certainly possible she was heading to a party down that way.

I wonder if she was looking for the Flats at West Main, the brand new apartments between downtown and the corner on west main, but got turned around on 14th and ended up on preston instead of west main.

I say that because of the issue of west main changing names at 14th, and because I saw the dogs and SAr teams searching the other brand new apartments (the name is escaping me) near Beer Run, which makes me wonder if the police initially were looking for her trail "near the new apartments" where she had been planning to go to a party.

Thanks, that's a great map. Question? Most posters have said they can't figure out why Hannah took Preston to get to the DTM instead of Main St. As I see it, from McGrady's to the DTM Preston is the most direct route. Am I wrong?

Also, where is Wertland? I can't find it on any map and I've looked at about six of them. I can find 14th but I can't find 14th and Wertland.

http://goo.gl/maps/Ek56e

UVA Hospitality House UVA Nursing. Our House is a place to find refuge after a long day, a place where people know what you are going through and can help you cope, a place like home.

Most of the guests are from Virginia but the House has hosted patients from numerous states and countries. Guests often share a special camaraderie since they are coping with similar circumstances and living away from home.

The biggest comforts for our guests who reside at the House are the friendships they make.

Guests, and their family members, can stay at the UVA Medical Center Hospitality House as needed, while they are receiving treatment at the University of Virginia Medical Center.

Accommodations & Amenities

The House is located on 14th Street in Charlottesville, just a short walk or shuttle bus ride from University Hospital and close to restaurants and shopping. Click here to see where we are located.

The accommodations offer a home-like-environment, including shared bedrooms, bathrooms and a common living space.

Bedrooms furnished with 2 twin beds (with a curtain for privacy)
Towels and toiletries provided
Kitchen fully equipped and a pantry with donated non-perishable food
Living rooms with cable TV
A small library with books and games
Laundry facilities

Free parking is available in the UVA Medical Center parking garage, no on-site parking is available.

In addition to overnight guests, families of inpatients can use our facilities during the day to shower or do laundry.

14th and Wertland

There is a huge section of student housing (off-campus, but students nonetheless) down the hill on Preston Ave- near where it runs into Rugby Rd. Several apartment complexes that have many a party on the weekends. (I lived there)

The UTS bus system heads that way as well. She could have been heading to one of those, although it would be a more unusual route. Most people would go through the Rugby Rd end of town to get there. Essentially following the bus route. But certainly possible she was heading to a party down that way.

I really don't think she went that far down Preston. I think she was only on Preston between McGrady's and the DTM.

How are there plenty of parties on Preston Ave.? It is a main road. There are no houses on it. This is what makes me think she may have been looking for a bar because bars are on the main roads.

It "appears" she was going to McGrady's. Preston was the direct route to McGrady's and she "appeared" to be looking for someone. That just makes the most sense to me.

The odd thing about this, if the times are correct, is that both HG and JLM would have been at Tempos from 1:11 until 1:45.

So either HG sent that text, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

OR JLM had already decided to act and was toying with her friends by texting them a red herring before disabling the phone.

OR... as said upthread, the time of the text was actually 1:06, just before she met up with JM, which is what some new outlets reported, saying that the original time reported was incorrect (see above).

Sharing...

TRANSCRIPT

Article Title: Police look into new, vital information on suspect Jesse Matthew

Video Included: Yes

Date: Posted: Oct 08, 2014 5:31 AM EDT

Updated: Oct 08, 2014 10:28 AM EDT

Source: WSLS

Link:
http://www.wsls.com/story/26732436/police-look-into-new-vital-information-on- suspect-jesse-matthew

WSLS Anchor:

“Well, new this morning, we’re getting a first look inside the car of Jesse Matthew, the suspect in the disappearance of Hannah Graham, who drove to Galveston,Texas before his arrest last month. Now police there said the Blue Nissan Sentra still sits in a wrecking yard this morning, just down the street from the Galveston County Sheriff’s office. Inside is a glimpse inside Matthew’s final days on the run. There’s an ashtray filled with cigarettes and a business card for a Charlottesville detective in the back seat. In the front there’s a yellow envelope with a cross inside, and across the front it reads, “Open this Envelope First before you read my letter – enclosed three powerful faith tools to release God’s Power.” Police have also found a cassette tape with “Jesus” written on the front. There’s no indication that Graham was ever inside of this vehicle, which is five days before his arrest. Charlottesville Police seized the car Matthew was driving after surveillance video showed the teen getting inside.”

given that this is not a hugely major news source, and given that we've seen all of the source material that most of the news outlets have used, i am inclined to think that they misinterpreted what LE actually said, which is that that they had reason to believe she got in a car with JM and that witnesses placed them outside of Tempos after closing. A lot of news outlets took that and ran with it and said there was video of the two of them at JM's car, but we have yet to hear anything confirmed. There may or may not be such video, and people with true knowledge may or may not have talked about it to WSLS.

I also wonder if LE has thought to take the top off the back of the toilets in Tempo to see if the phone is inside?

Great point about getting the phone wet, using Occams Razor that would be the simplest way of disabling it. Ive seen batteries from phones that were thoroughly immersed in water and they didnt fare too well.

I think the battery was going on that phone anyways. The last info from LE about the last text, I thought was 1:06 AM. If Hannah was getting more confused, it wouldn't have taken much to get the phone away from her. She might have put it down herself. Just dunk it in water, pour beer or soda over it and that would be it. I've known a number of people who ruined their phones by dropping them in water. THey may survive, they may not.

I, too wish, that LE had been able to get to the Tempo's rubbish. But by the time, they were at this point, the garbage had likely been taken away to the landfills.

She arrived at McGrady's walking up Preston Ave. in the opposite direction of the DTM. Based on this she must have got on Preston from either 9th St., 8th St., 7th St., 4th St. or Mcintire Rd.

Untitledddd4.jpg

That's why for me it's difficult to believe that she was really lost. To go from 14th street to McGrady's pub you have to know the street, it's not just a straight road. You have to turn on the right on Grady, at a certain point. Also, she lived nearby, so she probably already went to that pub at least once (or anyway, she knew where it was). And even for going from McGrady's pub to Downtown Mall it's not so easy, if you don't know the street (at least for me. I did it once, and I stopped sometimes to check where exactly I was). She arrived Downtown pretty quickly, considered how long that street is. Or she knew where to go, or she actually asked for informations.

I also have o say that UVA requires that students live in dorms for their first year. She was a second year, so she lived in a dorm the year before (and tehre are no dorm on the corner area). Since this semester started on the 26 of August, she probably lived on the Corner area since hat day. So we can say that she was new there. But again, we can suppose that, as many other students, she frequently went on the Corner area o party even during her first year. So it seems strange to me that she was lost there.

She arrived at McGrady's walking up Preston Ave. in the opposite direction of the mall. She didn't go down 14th St. then take at right on Grady Ave. to get to McGrady's. I do agree that her route to the DTM from McGrady's makes me think she may have known she was going to the mall. She turned onto 2nd St. to go into the mall which happens to be the first street that leads into the mall from the direction she was walking. It doesn't seem like that was just some random turn right there. It looks like she knew the mall was right there and knew where she was going.

IMO its too bad that LE wasnt able to get Tempos trash from that night.....for a couple of reasons.

1. It would be a ton of beer bottles to go through (assuming they werent drafts) BUT if LE were able to narrow down the brand of beer then its possible traces of date rape drug could be found in one.

Would bottles be thrown out or collected to return to the distributor?

The odd thing about this, if the times are correct, is that both HG and JLM would have been at Tempos from 1:11 until 1:45.

So either HG sent that text, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

OR JLM had already decided to act and was toying with her friends by texting them a red herring before disabling the phone.

I think she sent it. I think she meant to say she was almost at 14th and Wertland because she and JM were leaving Tempo soon. I think the phone autocorrected to lost at 14th and Wertland. I think she was meeting people at that corner or not far from that corner. I think she might have fibbed a little to friends that night because she fibbed to the guy who offered to walk her home, she had no intention of going home. I think she may have met JM (as in made his acquaintance) before that night and thought nothing of having a drink with him when they ran into each other at the DTM. I think after having a drink with JM she was talking a ride from him to 14th and Wertland. I think once she got in JM's car he changed the plans.

Heres a scary thought that I havent seen anyone mention yet.

What if the time for that text about being lost near 14th and Wertland was sent at 1:50am.

Long shot I know..... but people, particularly those with dyslexia, get 5 and 2 confused sometimes.

What if that text was sent to lure some friends to come find HG?

Again a long shot but it wouldnt be the first time a serial killer/rapist has escalated to the point of needing/wanting multiple victims in one night.

Do we know for sure that NO one responded to her last texts?

Would bottles be thrown out or collected to return to the distributor?

I think she sent it. I think she meant to say she was almost at 14th and Wertland because she and JM were leaving Tempo soon. I think the phone autocorrected to lost at 14th and Wertland. I think she was meeting people at that corner or not far from that corner. I think she might have fibbed a little to friends that night because she fibbed to the guy who offered to walk her home, she had no intention of going home. I think she may have met JM (as in made his acquaintance) before that night and thought nothing of having a drink with him when they ran into each other at the DTM. I think after having a drink with JM she was talking a ride from him to 14th and Wertland. I think once she got in JM's car he changed the plans.

In Va at every bar Ive ever worked at they simply throw bottles out. Even big corporate chains as well as small mom-and-pop establishments are absolutely horrid about recycling.

I like your theory about auto correct, that does seem like a plausible explanation.

In fact, if JLM didnt send the text himself, to lure her friends, that text might have been the catalyst for the ensuing violence later that night.

I can see someone with a narcissistic and volatile personality being angered at 'being ignored" or his overlooking she had a phone and jerking it away from her in a fit of rage.

I can also see that person throwing it out of the window with enough force to shatter it and I wonder if thats why LE has been seen searching the sides of the road?

Heres a scary thought that I havent seen anyone mention yet.

What if the time for that text about being lost near 14th and Wertland was sent at 1:50am.

Long shot I know..... but people, particularly those with dyslexia, get 5 and 2 confused sometimes.

What if that text was sent to lure some friends to come find HG?

Again a long shot but it wouldnt be the first time a serial killer/rapist has escalated to the point of needing/wanting multiple victims in one night.

That is a scary thought.

Somewhat related to my post above, LE said HER last text was at ... whenever (I can't keep up) which might be literally true. But I wonder if there was a text or texts that followed, that LE suspects were sent by JLM? "NVM found it!" "I'm ok!" or whatever.

I am bothered by the missing time between Hannah leaving party and showing up on first video. I believe she left party at 11:50 and shows up on video at 12:45? A young man left party with her and said he offered to walk her home. She declined and they went their separate ways. If we take his word for it her next known steps seem inexplicable. What if something occurred between them in that missing time that upset her so she took off? I'm just trying to account for her missing time as well as for her state of mind. I'm not saying he had anything to do with her death, just maybe the circumstances that brought her to where she wound up. I mean he was the last known friend to have seen her. Jmo.

I was sitting here thinking what if he didn't kill her? What if he did just buy her a drink and drop her off at that corner? There were a lot of assaults in that area that weekend. What if someone else got her and killed her and dropped her body in those woods?

Not that that would make JM innocent. He still has 2 alleged rapes from college, he's forensically tied to the Fairfax rape and MH's shirt at the least. But the odds of someone else hiding Hannah's body in an area JM is tied to would be a too huge a coincidence.

Do you think it's possible he committed the other assaults in the area of 14th and Wertland that weekend as an alibi? Based off her text saying lost? Have those victims ever given a description of their attacker? I don't remember when exactly those took place, if they were all after Hannah went missing or what.

She arrived at McGrady's walking up Preston Ave. in the opposite direction of the DTM. Based on this she must have got on Preston from either 9th St., 8th St., 7th St., 4th St. or Mcintire Rd.

View attachment 62461

So, the second party Hannah went to was at the Hospitality House? She left the second party at 11:50. We don't know what she did or where she went between 11:50 and 12:45. However, if she was on foot to McGrady's, no matter what route she traveled, it would seem like she would have been captured on video somewhere, doesn't it? It just seems odd that we have her on video at McGrady's, the Shell Station and several places in the DTM yet no video of her during that 55 minutes.

So, the second party Hannah went to was at the Hospitality House? She left the second party at 11:50. We don't know what she did or where she went between 11:50 and 12:45. However, if she was on foot to McGrady's, no matter what route she traveled, it would seem like she would have been captured on video somewhere, doesn't it? It just seems odd that we have her on video at McGrady's, the Shell Station and several places in the DTM yet no video of her during that 55 minutes.

The Hospitality House? I doubt there would be a party there. http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/pub/lodging-services/hospitalityhouse/hospitalityhouse.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D_c771
Back