Hannah's Journey on 09/13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she wasn't lost, why do police say she texted friends she was heading in one direction on one street, when she was heading in a different direction on a different street. This was prior to the final text. They said she was in contact with friends throughout the evening. If she knew where she was, why would she lie?

Hm, this is interesting. I never read that. Do you remember where you read it/link?

BBM=yes that is what I am saying. Please point me to a link that says the guy in the Tuel's video is WG. I have never seen LE say that so maybe I am confused but a link sure would be nice. And how can you tell race from that Tuel's video because I sure can't.

Also, I never said McGrady's in my post so I don't know what you are referring to. I said the Tuel's video, not Sal's, not McGrady's. The bouncer quoted in my post was from Fusion on the mall, not McGrady's. Also I have come to understand that the fusion bouncer IS WG and he was cleared because he was working all night. I am looking for the links about him so I will post it when I find it.

Hannah's interaction with the bouncer at McGrady's was different. She did not say 'I'm ok I'm just walking' She approached and tried to get inside and was turned away.

Please look through some of the early news reports on around the 17th of September. There were several news outlets that highlighted him and narrated as they showed him trailing behind in one video and then another. I believe Longo may even have had videos with him highlighted in the first press conference in which the videos were released. I would go find it for everyone who's asking, except it would be just as easy for ya'll to do it.

Hm, this is interesting. I never read that. Do you remember where you read it/link?

It was in maybe the second press conference. Longo said it verbally. I am not sure I've seen a transcription. It was when he was still focusing on her disorientation.

My guess is that LE has a pretty good idea from her text messages and conversations with her friends, classmates and fellow party goers from that evening. They just aren't sharing the info with us beyond what they've released. Really, it does't make a whole lot of difference why she went to the mall; just that she disappeared once she got there and JM was the last person seen with her.

It seems to me that it's she got turned around, went the wrong direction, ended up at the mall, was tired, confused and upset to be there, and the prospect of the return walk not something she liked, and was looking for a possible familiar face there I think she peeked into McGrady's for that reason, as she had been there and knew some UVA might be in there.

I think she thought she lucked out when she ran into JM and he offered her a ride back. It's a short ride, but a longish walk.

Please look through some of the early news reports on around the 17th of September. There were several news outlets that highlighted him and narrated as they showed him trailing behind in one video and then another. I believe Longo may even have had videos with him highlighted in the first press conference in which the videos were released. I would go find it for everyone who's asking, except it would be just as easy for ya'll to do it.

Bakerlady, I saw these videos as well where WG is circled and Hannah is circled. If I have time this evening I will also go through the very early press conferences as I believe it was mentioned there. As for not being able to determine race (white vs black) in the videos, I was able to see that WG is white, and JM is black, but every one of us has a different way of seeing things.

I'm sorry if I confused you about McGrady's. I went back to your post and did not see mention of it.

Regarding the Fusion bouncer being WG, that was speculated here, but never as fact, and I have never seen the connection in the media.

Someone at McGrady's approached her and she said "I'm OK I'm just walking" but I have never seen that person be identified by name or occupation.

We may just have a difference in opinion on the events of that night, and there is nothing wrong with that. :)

In trying to find an article about the press conference when Longo described her confused texts, I stumbled onto this timeline that says that the last text she sent was at 1:06 and that the original reports of her last text incorrectly stated that it was at 1:20. If that is true, then LJM most certainly didn't send the text.

http://www.c-ville.com/hannah-graham-tracking-investigation-far/#.VE6Kd77WvOE

"1:06am Saturday, September 13: Graham makes contact with friends for the last time, sending a text message telling them she’s lost in the area of Wertland Street—a mile and a half from where she actually was. (Police initially said that message was sent at 1:20am.) In the next two minutes, two more security cameras capture images of her walking east on the Mall, half a mile from the Shell station. The first is outside Sal’s Caffe Italia (4), the second a block east at Tuel Jewelers. A white male is briefly seen following her. Also visible in the footage is a heavyset black man with dreadlocks dressed in what appears to be a white shirt and shorts. Witnesses later report spotting Graham at Mall restaurant Tempo with the dreadlocked man not long after. It’s the last sighting of her."

This was not easy to find, but it's an article that describes her confusion:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

"From surveillance video police have found, it appears that Graham simply was walking in the wrong direction while trying to meet up with friends. Police detective James Mooney said that in her text messages to friends, Graham indicated that she was lost and disoriented, at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue....Graham also indicated that she believed she was walking back toward her home when she was actually headed the opposite way, authorities said. She also texted friends asking for someone to come find her after she realized she was lost. She last texted friends at 1:06 a.m., about the time that the man in dreadlocks encountered her."

I believe he also said she was going West on Preston when she was actually going North on Main (he did name the directions, I just can't remember what they were).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

"From surveillance video police have found, it appears that Graham simply was walking in the wrong direction while trying to meet up with friends. Police detective James Mooney said that in her text messages to friends, Graham indicated that she was lost and disoriented, at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue....Graham also indicated that she believed she was walking back toward her home when she was actually headed the opposite way, authorities said. She also texted friends asking for someone to come find her after she realized she was lost. She last texted friends at 1:06 a.m., about the time that the man in dreadlocks encountered her."

I believe he also said she was going West on Preston when she was actually going North on Main (he did name the directions, I just can't remember what they were).

I think what the detective is saying is just a theory and I think he may have it pieced together incorrectly because it doesn't make any sense at all since the street signs are right there for HG to see. For her to say she is on Main when she is on Preston and there are signs all around her showing she is on Preston doesn't make sense.

I think what the detective is saying is just a theory and I think he may have it pieced together incorrectly because it doesn't make any sense at all since the street signs are right there for HG to see. For her to say she is on Main when she is on Preston and there are signs all around her showing she is on Preston doesn't make sense.

The article Skigirl posted is the most current take, since Hannah Graham's remains were found.

The article Skigirl posted is the most current take, since Hannah Graham's remains were found.

I know but it just doesn't make sense. For her to say she is on Main when she is really on Preston and there are street signs all around her showing she is on Preston doesn't make sense. If she was lost she would be reading the street signs.

Thanks so much Skigirl for searching for this! I had definitely not read this particular description of events at all. It seems like a significant piece of information, although I'm not sure why b/c I haven't thought it through fully....

It does seem a little "off" from what I thought had previously been reported by other MSM, but I have no reason to think the washington post would have given out false information. Interesting.

I know but it just doesn't make sense. For her to say she is on Main when she is really on Preston and there are street signs all around her showing she is on Preston doesn't make sense. If she was lost she would be reading the street signs.

She was also described a "extremely intoxicated". Not just had a few, tipsy, confused, slightly inebriated. As I posted above, i think LE has a pretty good idea what happened from all the conversations reported and texts sent out. They also talked to those who had interacted with Hannah, I'm sure, including the McGrady employee.

It is a rude awakening when you are walking along thinking you are going one way and end up entirely the other. The way she was dressed, and with no purse, I think she was likely planning to stay right in the Corner area. UVA undergrads,, according to those who are locals, don't tend to go to the mall area. Hannah certainly did not see any familiar faces there. I think her phone battery had run down, with that last text being so early. I can't imagine a college student not texting for a full 40 minutes. Last text at 1:06AM. Last siighting at the mall around 1:45 AM. Why would she not have texted someone with a working phone? Why wouldn't she have said she got a ride when she ran into JM? In additon to texting constantly, my experience with young people is that their phones are always running low and out of batteries, particularly when it's important to have a working phone.

Thanks so much Skigirl for searching for this! I had definitely not read this particular description of events at all. It seems like a significant piece of information, although I'm not sure why b/c I haven't thought it through fully....

It does seem a little "off" from what I thought had previously been reported by other MSM, but I have no reason to think the washington post would have given out false information. Interesting.

You're welcome. I agree the stories have been inconsistent, but I was listening to that particular press conference, and the part about confusing Main/Preston is definitely what he said. I think she was all totally turned around/confused, more than she appears because she was trying to cover up her vulnerability.

She was also described a "extremely intoxicated". Not just had a few, tipsy, confused, slightly inebriated. As I posted above, i think LE has a pretty good idea what happened from all the conversations reported and texts sent out. They also talked to those who had interacted with Hannah, I'm sure, including the McGrady employee.

It is a rude awakening when you are walking along thinking you are going one way and end up entirely the other. The way she was dressed, and with no purse, I think she was likely planning to stay right in the Corner area. UVA undergrads,, according to those who are locals, don't tend to go to the mall area. Hannah certainly did not see any familiar faces there. I think her phone battery had run down, with that last text being so early. I can't imagine a college student not texting for a full 40 minutes. Last text at 1:06AM. Last siighting at the mall around 1:45 AM. Why would she not have texted someone with a working phone? Why wouldn't she have said she got a ride when she ran into JM? In additon to texting constantly, my experience with young people is that their phones are always running low and out of batteries, particularly when it's important to have a working phone.

ITA. I think the weird but simple explanation that she was completely and utterly lost in the town where she went to college is the right one, as hard as that is to imagine for people who don't tend to get lost. I have a horrible sense of direction so it's easier for me to believe, but I do understand why people are baffled by that explanation. I think she was starting to get a little panicked by the time she was on camera at Sal's and that is why she was moving so much faster than everyone else in that hunched posture. I think her phone's battery was really low and close to dying and that may even explain why it goes dead after her last text at 1:06 or 1:20, depending on which news story you believe. If her phone was dead and she was alone on the Mall with no way to even call a cab or a friend at nearing 2:00 AM, a ride with JM would probably have seemed like the safest, not the most dangerous, alternative to walking home at that hour.

Bakerlady, I saw these videos as well where WG is circled and Hannah is circled. If I have time this evening I will also go through the very early press conferences as I believe it was mentioned there. As for not being able to determine race (white vs black) in the videos, I was able to see that WG is white, and JM is black, but every one of us has a different way of seeing things.

I'm sorry if I confused you about McGrady's. I went back to your post and did not see mention of it.

Regarding the Fusion bouncer being WG, that was speculated here, but never as fact, and I have never seen the connection in the media.

Someone at McGrady's approached her and she said "I'm OK I'm just walking" but I have never seen that person be identified by name or occupation.

We may just have a difference in opinion on the events of that night, and there is nothing wrong with that. :)

Bakerlady, I can't find the post where you were asking about the videos of WG, but I did find those early videos with him highlighted. They can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=511722508972776

IMHO, it makes about as much sense as anything else. I agree the whole situation is very strange.

I think Hannah was a smart, beautiful, witty young woman....who may have gotten high that night. Either on purpose, or because someone spiked her drink. I dont think she looked lost. I don't think she looked scared or tired. I think she was under the influence of SOMETHING. I know some folks on here are going to make me wish I never posted this. I have an 18 year old good girl that doesn't do drugs. But she is young and I would be kidding myself if I said she was never, ever going to do something stupid in her young life like trust the wrong person, or try something she knows is wrong, or get into a car(god forbid). For Hannah, it is sad beyond measure that she paid for her youth with her very life and will not be able to learn from this. Yes I know that she saved "the next girl" but do young people ever really learn? Hug your kids. This is jmo. Sorry if I offend. She didn't deserve this[emoji17]

ITA. I think the weird but simple explanation that she was completely and utterly lost in the town where she went to college is the right one, as hard as that is to imagine for people who don't tend to get lost. I have a horrible sense of direction so it's easier for me to believe, but I do understand why people are baffled by that explanation. I think she was starting to get a little panicked by the time she was on camera at Sal's and that is why she was moving so much faster than everyone else in that hunched posture. I think her phone's battery was really low and close to dying and that may even explain why it goes dead after her last text at 1:06 or 1:20, depending on which news story you believe. If her phone was dead and she was alone on the Mall with no way to even call a cab or a friend at nearing 2:00 AM, a ride with JM would probably have seemed like the safest, not the most dangerous, alternative to walking home at that hour.

Having both a pretty good sense of direction and having attended Uva undergrad, I think it's completely plausible she was legitimately lost/turned around. In fact, I was nearly certain of this when she was first reported missing. As first years, everyone lives in the dorms, and usually sticks close to grounds or the rugby road area, so she had only really lived "in town" for a couple weeks as she began her second year. I was confused by the whole mall area all through college, mostly because we were never downtown much, and because Preston and West Main are parallel roads that lead to different sides of a pedestrian mall with few cut-throughs. Also, Main kind of turns into Water St, and Preston kind of turns into Market, both somewhat inexplicably, and neither really enter the Mall. Finally, the area between her apartment and Mcgradys is sketchy, and it does not get any less sketchy most of the way to the mall. So, it seems unlikely she would willingly walk that route late night unless she was lost.

Why would she have just not gone home? She could have had her i5 guide her home; literally step by step. She could have called a ride service common to many college campuses and environs. Someone at party she had left offered to walk her home. Someone at McGrady's offered to help her. It makes little sense that she willingly got into JM's car, IMO.

Oh, LE changed the story. Last text now coincidentally timed to around 1:20-1:40 when it is purported she was in Tempo with JM. Pretty big time discrepancy for them to not get right.

Having both a pretty good sense of direction and having attended Uva undergrad, I think it's completely plausible she was legitimately lost/turned around. In fact, I was nearly certain of this when she was first reported missing. As first years, everyone lives in the dorms, and usually sticks close to grounds or the rugby road area, so she had only really lived "in town" for a couple weeks as she began her second year. I was confused by the whole mall area all through college, mostly because we were never downtown much, and because Preston and West Main are parallel roads that lead to different sides of a pedestrian mall with few cut-throughs. Also, Main kind of turns into Water St, and Preston kind of turns into Market, both somewhat inexplicably, and neither really enter the Mall. Finally, the area between her apartment and Mcgradys is sketchy, and it does not get any less sketchy most of the way to the mall. So, it seems unlikely she would willingly walk that route late night unless she was lost.

I can see her being lost, but why not use her i5 to GPS her home or to party or wherever she was going? Or call car ride service?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back