Hannah's Journey on 09/13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can picture us discussing how one of our own could have made such a reckless decision.

This is a longer uncut version of the same timeframe. Watch the guy in the center of the video, watch his body language, he seems to be very much aware of Hannah. He gets up and leaves the bar at 3:39. Makes a stance to acknowledge her, she seems to stop and acknowledge him also. This video version is 4 minutes longer, and therefore contains more information. JMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy43pVr2Ixw

That was interesting, but not because of the guy that gets up and goes in McGrady's. Hannah walked off camera, then a guy in shorts and a check shirt exits with a girl in dark pants and hoodie and they go in the same direction as Hannah. Then the 3 guys in the center of the patio start to look in that direction. The guy in dark clothes in the center of the patio lifts his behind off the chair for a better look. So something happened in that direction.

What was it though, could have been anything. Maybe Hannah had words with that couple, maybe not. Maybe Hannah was vomiting on the curb, maybe not. Maybe cars down the street were honking, maybe not. Maybe Hannah was calling (as in yelling) for someone, maybe not.

But I don't think that guy in the white t-shirt with an unbuttoned shirt over it got up to follow her, he went in the bar. I hope if he did see something he called LE.

That was the best version of that video I have seen, thanks.

This is a longer uncut version of the same timeframe. Watch the guy in the center of the video, watch his body language, he seems to be very much aware of Hannah. He gets up and leaves the bar at 3:39. Makes a stance to acknowledge her, she seems to stop and acknowledge him also. This video version is 4 minutes longer, and therefore contains more information. JMO.

What is next door to McGrady's where Hannah went off the screen for a while? While off screen that guy sitting in the middle of the patio with the other two guys seems to wave across the way in Hannah's direction (could have been waving at someone else) and then all three guys AND the bouncer are looking in that direction. I wonder if the guy who got up and left the table might have followed Hannah and that's why she was running past the gas station.

That was interesting, but not because of the guy that gets up and goes in McGrady's. Hannah walked off camera, then a guy in shorts and a check shirt exits with a girl in dark pants and hoodie and they go in the same direction as Hannah. Then the 3 guys in the center of the patio start to look in that direction. The guy in dark clothes in the center of the patio lifts his behind off the chair for a better look. So something happened in that direction.

What was it though, could have been anything. Maybe Hannah had words with that couple, maybe not. Maybe Hannah was vomiting on the curb, maybe not. Maybe cars down the street were honking, maybe not. Maybe Hannah was calling (as in yelling) for someone, maybe not.

But I don't think that guy in the white t-shirt with an unbuttoned shirt over it got up to follow her, he went in the bar. I hope if he did see something he called LE.

I agree with most everything you have said (I posted at virtually the same time) except I thought that couple is seen getting into their car. Two people got into a car and I thought it was them.

What is next door to McGrady's where Hannah went off the screen for a while? While off screen that guy sitting in the middle of the patio with the other two guys seems to wave across the way in Hannah's direction (could have been waving at someone else) and then all three guys AND the bouncer are looking in that direction. I wonder if the guy who got up and left the table might have followed Hannah and that's why she was running past the gas station.

On the left of the pub there is the Three Notch'd Brewery. Even there there is an outside patio.

I watched again and realize the car pulled away before Hannah arrived and it wasn't that couple. The couple that left in the direction of Hannah (off screen) didn't look suspicious to me, they seemed quite casual like a regular couple, whatever that is.

The reaction of the three guys in the center and the bouncer is a little odd. They appear to be gawking rather than merely looking.

I'm sorry if I say something that has been said alredy, but I can't remember it. I just wanted to say that to me it's strange that she went to McGrady's pub. I live in Charlottesville, really close to where she was partying that night. From there, if you want to go Downtown, you just have to walk on Main Street: it's a pretty straightforward street, and you can arrive there in 15-20 minutes. I usually walk to go Downtown, because it's faster to walk (sometimes) that waiting for the bus. But she walked all the way on 14th street, went to Grady and then to Preston: she made it really longer. And the area in which there is the pub is a sort of residential area: there is nothing there, except for McGrady's pub and the near brewery. You go there only if you need to go to th pub and the brewery.
It's possible that she was searching for some friends, that she thought were at McGrady's? But why didn't she call them first, before doing all that street? Probably it's nothing, but I think that she wanted to go to McGrady's before going Downtown for a reason.

It's also interesting that LE had asked McGrady's staff not to speak about HG's stop there. I know we've heard a couple of versions of her encounter with the bouncer, but nothing I would consider as anything that would interfere with their investigation. Sounds to me like there was more to the brief conversation HG had with the bouncer.

I wonder if she was looking for someone's car...when she first got to McGrady's, she didn't go to the door right away, she went down the street and then came back and went up to the entrance. It really seems like she was looking for someone--she looked to be texting when she first stopped at the corner of the patio.

It still feels off. That's a very long time to be wandering. A co-worker with a sophomore who attends UVA said that students rarely frequent the Downtown Mall, except for dinner and certainly not for late night. That's what her sophomore said, at least. If Hannah's phone battery was low, she might not use the GPS to figure out where she was. I still think her phone autocorrected "lmost" as in "almost" to "lost". And I am still shocked that not one friend has confided in another friend who told a third friend about what was said during the texts that night. No leaks. I guess that's good for trial.

It's also interesting that LE had asked McGrady's staff not to speak about HG's stop there. I know we've heard a couple of versions of her encounter with the bouncer, but nothing I would consider as anything that would interfere with their investigation. Sounds to me like there was more to the brief conversation HG had with the bouncer.

I wonder if she was looking for someone's car...when she first got to McGrady's, she didn't go to the door right away, she went down the street and then came back and went up to the entrance. It really seems like she was looking for someone--she looked to be texting when she first stopped at the corner of the patio.

BBM That struck me too, since Tempo made an official statement, and employees there talked to MSM. One would think LE would have wanted the LAST place where Hannah was seen (whether it was in there or right outside), would be the one more critical and that a gag request be put on them. I can't conceive of what info McGrady's could have given that would compromise the case against JM. Whatever she did there would have no impact that I could fathom on what happened later.

The Tempo statements are harmful, in that they tell us: 1)There is no evidence that JM gave Hannah anything to drink 2) That JM let Hanah alone while at the bar ordering drinks and she could have fled, left, asked for help if there is any iota of doubt that she did want to be with him 3)That Hannah was in bad enough condition at 1:40 AM that JM who was with her, pretty much had to help her. Had he taken her home or somewhere safe, he'd have been a Good Samaritan.

No statments were made of him acting like he was out to "get her", or that he made any such remarks, or that Hannah was being coerced.

Had there been no statements made, one could wonder if any of those things were the case.

All we know about Hannah's stop at McGrady's is that she did linger there, maybe looking for someone. Whether the only interaction between her and an employee there that she was asked if she was all iright, with her declining any asistance is the whole story, we don't know.

It could be that she did try to get in there, and was turned away due to lack of ID with the right age or any ID at all, and the place doesn't want any fall out for that. Doesn't look good to have turned away a woman who then gets picked up possibly by a serial rapist and killer. Tempo's statements make it clear that they want the world to know that Hannah was not in the restaruaunt, that no employee saw her in there, she did not try to come in there, and the only employee who saw her, saw her outside of the restaurant. And I wouldn't bet a dime she wasn't in there for all that vehemance; she likely was. Probably went through the side door the checker saw JM come out of and then "poof" there Hannah appeared right with him without coming through the same door.?

Thank you for posted this! I didn't realize that Hannah left the camera's view for more than 2 minutes and then returned.

Why do you think she partied for less than an hour? She started partying at like 9:30. She attended two parties very close to each other. She left the last party at 11:50. She had been partying for more than an hour.

Because she went to dinner at a restaurant at 930, is my understanding. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Then, she went to the party for less than an hour, and left. Next time we hear about her is at McGrady's and she appears to be wobbly at that point, and lost.

I think at trial we're going to learn a lot more that we don't know now and that things will make a lot more sense. No less tragic, but not as puzzling. Maybe there's more video prior to McGrady's, maybe we'll hear more from friends about what she said her plans were, no doubt we'll learn the contents of some of the texts that lead LE to believe she was lost. It's just hard to be a curious person who cares about the case and not wonder in the meantime.

And as much as I want to know these details, I really hope there is not a trial.

She posted a tweet on Sept 9 about being really sick. I wonder if she had taken something for her sickness that may have interacted with the alcohol. No verification that she was actually taking any meds for her sept 9 "french plague" as she refers to it as. JMO

I hate to post rumors because I have no idea how much truth is involved, but I did read somewhere else on the internet that Hannah is prone to fainting from low blood pressure issues. I have this condition as well, and alcohol makes my situation a ton worse. When my BP gets extremely low, I sometimes get into a state where I cannot comprehend what's going on around me. Everyone is talking too fast, I'm wobbly, and I have a lot of thoughts but I cannot put them to words. I would have gotten lost that night. I would have tried to keep moving to keep my circulation going, or I would just sit for a while until I felt better, but if there is any truth to her condition, I can certainly see how this night turned into such a nightmare. Texting would seem too difficult...I can never focus my eyes enough when I'm having a near syncopal episode or for at least an hour after I faint.

The video you can see that Hannah is distraught a bit like she can't get a firm grip on what is happening. I've always thought the outfit she was wearing was a bit strange for just going out to dinner. I feel like she would have worn something else over the sparkly top like a cardigan or hoodie halfway buttoned/zipped. They might have been staring because she didn't seem to belong I mean the girl in the video is wearing a hoodie so Hannah might have been cold and then with the running/walking and alcohol she might have taken off her cardigan. Honestly, if I was at my local hang out place and suddenly a distraught girl in a sparkly top and seems totally out of place I might look in her direction and wonder if she's alright. Maybe she asked someone something pretty loudly like "where is _____?" The guys might have been staring because they were probably like "Drunk girl who is lost and totally in clothing that doesn't match..."

This is the first time I've rewatched the videos since hannah was found. My heart is breaking.

This is the first time I've rewatched the videos since hannah was found. My heart is breaking.

It's somehow harder to watch now she has been found, knowing what we know now, it is heart-breaking.

The video you can see that Hannah is distraught a bit like she can't get a firm grip on what is happening. I've always thought the outfit she was wearing was a bit strange for just going out to dinner. I feel like she would have worn something else over the sparkly top like a cardigan or hoodie halfway buttoned/zipped. They might have been staring because she didn't seem to belong I mean the girl in the video is wearing a hoodie so Hannah might have been cold and then with the running/walking and alcohol she might have taken off her cardigan. Honestly, if I was at my local hang out place and suddenly a distraught girl in a sparkly top and seems totally out of place I might look in her direction and wonder if she's alright. Maybe she asked someone something pretty loudly like "where is _____?" The guys might have been staring because they were probably like "Drunk girl who is lost and totally in clothing that doesn't match..."

She wasn't going out to dinner. She was partying. It looked like she was kind of dressed up for a club. I do agree with you that she should have had a hoodie or something. A lot of guys seemed to be staring at her and it is likely due to the crop top.

Because she went to dinner at a restaurant at 930, is my understanding. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Then, she went to the party for less than an hour, and left. Next time we hear about her is at McGrady's and she appears to be wobbly at that point, and lost.

She went out to eat earlier with some friends I think around the Corner. She started going to party at 9:30. She went to apparently two parties very close to each other between 9:30-11:50

This is very likely. She may have been checking out the cars parked right there. Its been said that HG texted a friend saying she was lost and wanted them to come pick her up so it sounds like someone may have had a car. I also think she may have wanted to go into McGrady's but then realized there is a bouncer there. Why walk up to the entrance if you are not wanting to go in?

lots of info in this youtube,
she texted where she was lost according to this police officer,
She left party she attended with a (he) and said she was going home and he asked her if she wanted him to take her back ,she said no and left.
Seems to be the norm for these students to walk anytime, anywhere (railroad tracks) as some students describe.
Link to watch and listen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5IW0-KJLOE

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member