Has The Defense Changed Your Mind About ICA's Guilt?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has the defense changed your mind about ICA's guilt?

• Yes

Votes: 43 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 408 56.6%
  • Waste. Huge waste.

Votes: 270 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Long time lurker, rarely post so I hope you guys can bare with me as I try to explain my thoughts. I have followed this case extensively since day 1. I certainly think it is very possible the child did drown in the pool. I'm having a hard time accepting that George was home at the time and HE covered it up. However, I remember throughout the last 3 years I have heard over and over in the media and on this forum that THEY (CA & GA) knew, They knew that Caylee was dead. I think she did make a flurry of calls for help with no response because they had besided on TOUGH LOVE. They knew she wasn't working and was not going to watch Caylee for her to party. That's why they wouldn't answer her calls. So she panicked and came up with the kidnapping story using the already established lie of the "Nanny". I don't believe for a minute that the parents believed that and that they both knew the child was dead on day 1. However, I do believe she was molested. I am a victim of sexual abuse by my father "figure" from the age of 9 til 16 and I have seen the signs in Casey since day one. A few things stand out for me that now may have a meaning. One, the first call home Casey says, "You don't know what my involvement is?!!!" It sounds like she is saying you know exactly what happened and I believe she did tell them the child drowned. Two, the first jail house visit Casy says, "Don't worry I didn't say anything". HMMMMM. You can take that like maybe they knew about Caylee or you can take that like she didn't tell anyone about the molestation. Three, I think the computer searches has to off George alone, not Cindy. okay, come at me but please be gentle lol.

It hasn't changed my mind at all. I'm actually more repulsed by ICA and her defense team than before.

I'm concerned that this might give the jury a reasonable doubt though. But hopefully they'll question the same things I do...because the allegations seem farfetched to me.
If, and that's a huge if, GA had molested ICA, why would she have let him in the delivery room with her when she gave birth? Why wouldn't she have gotten a job and left that house asap? Why would she have let left Caylee alone with him? Either it's a total lie or she exposed her daughter to a child molester for almost three years. I'm going with the former.

Why would George, being an ex-cop, leave so much evidence around and pin it on ICA when she could come out and expose everything? She didn't seem too scared of him in the jailhouse vids. And she still exposed the "accident/cover-up" so what was the point in spending three years in jail? Why even cover up an accident?

All JMO.

If Caylee drown in the pool then WHY put duct tape over her mouth, nose & head and them put a little heart shaped sticker on the tape?????

This was Pre-Meditated One Thousand pecent, no ifs, &'s or Butts about it.

To stage the fake kidnapping story

I was open minded... now I am convinced of her guilt. What a ridiculous defense. It makes absolutely no sense, which others have put into words better than I can.

Absolutely not! I am now even more sure than I was before. JB was just throwing everything out there to see what sticks... nothing did. It was pure desperation on the DT's part. If it were a simple accidental drowning, why would he, as her attorney, allow ICA to sit in jail for 3 years facing the death penalty? Even if she had plead to neglect or some such thing, she'd already be out by now. None of their other conspiracy theories will work without her testifying especially since GA didn't lay down and let that big old bus hit him. It will be interesting to see where they go from there.

And there was a thousand ways he could have made the sexual abuse allegation rather than the way he did. He is a dirty and despicable man.

I hope I'm not repeating a post, I had responded to this already & then pushed a wrong button on my keyboard!!

Okay, what I said before, in response to your comment:

Sexual abuse is a despicable act. There is no reason to sugar coat it. He said what he said to get attention, and it worked. It might have backfired on him, but it might not have. If any member of that jury is a victim of sexual abuse, from way back in their past, then I promise you that the defense statement today did carry some weight.

A man who would abuse his child in that way is "dirty and despicable."

this is "The Boy Who Called Wolf" is this the one time KC is telling the truth and noone is going to believe her???

Since when does this forum not take sexual abuse accusations seriously? Ony when its Casey Anthony making the accusations. I dont know about some of you but when a female says her father and/or brother sexually abused her I tend to take that seriously until shown otherwise.
Actually I did take it seriously up until today when I watched the beginning of Jose Baez's opening statements. Now I no longer believe she was molested at all, just another of her lies...

NO it hasn't ... here is why. If it was true, the defense would not need to contest or argue the science. After all, they aren't arguing the fact Caylee died and that her body was in Casey's possession at the time and for some time after, all the while, decomposing. If it were true that it was an accidental death they should say ... "you know what .... Dr. Vass is a scientific genius, the dogs and their handlers .... brilliant!! ... cause they got it right!!" The fact, that they are choosing to fight the scientific evidence and bringing up Roy Kronk's motives at all, says that they have no way to prove any of their theory. Mark my words ... WE WILL SEE NO PROOF, TESTIMONY OR EVIDENCE to back up the defense theory of how Caylee died and none to back up Casey's claims of abuse, finally nothing to implicate George in a cover-up or worse. Investigator's gave KC this out early on. YM begging, "please tell us if there was an accident" (paraphrasing). I believe that it is what the investigators wanted to hear at that particular time and if she had come up with that story then, she wouldn't be where she is now ... and the good people of Florida wouldn't be getting a bill for near $1 million of their hard-taxed dollars! You have to keep asking why and eventually you will see that ultimately it is because it made a better tale ... a better book ... a better movie.

He has to contest it all in case they don't buy the drowning. He can then fall back on the science

I will be one of the tiny minority that believes Jose Baez did a remarkable job in his opening statements. Indeed, the commentator for In Session could only say, "Oh my God" when it was finished, and then remarked that Baez had acted brilliantly, and turned the case on its head. I do believe that dysfunctional families of this type indeed have sexual molestation as a fact and produce Caseys. If Baez used crude imagery, it was to show the raw reality. I believe things are as he says they are.

ETA:And yes, I am one who has not read extensively on the case, so may be more of the perspective mind-set of a possible juror.

Molestation is one thing and you could argue that is why Casey didn't report it then. But once her defense attorney heard the truth he would have done whatever he could to have it ruled an accident, not let his client sit there. Also, GA is an ex-cop. He knows that it would be considered an accident and he definitely would have reported it before he let his daughter go to jail for 3 years (or be convicted for that matter). Sexual molestation doesn't account for anything except the lying. Besides that is quite a chance to take - I can report it now and they can prove it was an accident because they can do an autopsy and prove she drowned; or I can wait until the body is found months later and be charged with murder since how she died can't be determined.

Since when does this forum not take sexual abuse accusations seriously? Ony when its Casey Anthony making the accusations. I dont know about some of you but when a female says her father and/or brother sexually abused her I tend to take that seriously until shown otherwise.
Oh but I take it very seriously. So seriously that I'm disgusted that she would lie about being sexually abused just to beat a murder charge. KC should be ashamed.

Since when does this forum not take sexual abuse accusations seriously? Only when its Casey Anthony making the accusations. I dont know about some of you but when a female says her father and/or brother sexually abused her I tend to take that seriously until shown otherwise.

BBM (and typo fixed!)

Today was the first day that I personally looked at GA as someone who could have done that.

What about the fact that CA went to the neighbors to borrow a shovel? What was that about?

I don't believe a word of her defense that her Father abused her, held her dead daughter in his arms or had a damn thing to do with this murder.

.....and murder is what it is. First degree...punishable by execution.

He has to contest it all in case they don't buy the drowning. He can then fall back on the science

Isn't it kinda late for JB to refute the science when he's already admitted in a court of law that KC was present when Caylee died? If the accident theory doesn't fly I don't think he gets a do over.

Oh but I take it very seriously. So seriously that I'm disgusted that she would lie about being sexually abused just to beat a murder charge. KC should be ashamed.

How do we know she lied? I'm only talking about the sexual abuse. How do we know??

Before today I was on LWOP but now I seriously think I would vote for the DP.

How do we know she lied? I'm only talking about the sexual abuse. How do we know??

We don't and with her history, she didn't help herself to anyone ever believing her about.anything.ever. Just MO.

I'm not crazy about him but I think Dr. Phil has one mantra that's pretty much spot on: 'The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior". ICA's past screams and yells liar. Not victim.

A woman whose told this many lies should not be believed, especially in these circumstances. Women who cry rape when there hasn't been are just as despicable as men who rape, IMO. And it happens. MO, it is ABSOLUTELY happening in this case. She's a sociopath, folks. She could be hoping to drive her dad to suicide so he can testify and help to put her away.

We don't and with her history, she didn't help herself to anyone ever believing her about.anything.ever. Just MO.

I agree, she does have a history of lying. I agree, it looks like an excuse to get out of a murder rap. It could also be true. Just saying. Not trying to make enemies here. She's still a pretty loathsome person, I'll agree on that any time, any day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back