Has the search been called off

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks SuziQ. BTW, if they found a body, they wouldn't notify the family right away would they? wouldn't LE have to verify the identity?

Sadly I've seen it more times than I can count. And the only reason so far is because of obviously bad weather like a tornado warning or a body was found.

I'm awfully proud of my hubby. He had part of his lung removed 10 weeks ago due to cancer and he's been out there too.
God Bless him, and give him a big hug from all of us, and tell him to please be careful. Hubby says I am just getting too emotional over this whole thing because I cry daily.. I am going to call some of the stores home offices Monday and make sure it is ok to send them a poster to put up for volunteers. When they start back maybe we will have a lot more volunteers.

Guys, I am really sorry, I just got back and I haven't read the whole thread, but I quickly read the channel 13 news release. I understand the search has been called off due to environmental conditions and the fear of (gulp) pushing little Caylee deeper into the mud, (that made me really sick just to type that...)

Long/short, I saw a few posts about arrest warrants and such. Could someone please bring me up to speed? Is there more to this than Tim's fears as reported?

(On a side note, I never, ever use a sig or avatar, but for some reason I got up this a.m. and added the quote below to my signature. I'm glad I did. TM said today:
Miller went on to say that Caylee deserves the dignity of having her special spot.
TM, TES, all the WS searchers and many, many others did their very, very best. But, the quote below stands, as is. And KC owns this.)

I think she meant people at the presss conference who were searchers were crying? Does anyone have alink that shows the press conference?

You know, as much as we are questioning whether or not they found a body, imagine what the Anthony's are feeling right now??

Thanks SuziQ. BTW, if they found a body, they wouldn't notify the family right away would they? wouldn't LE have to verify the identity?

No, they certainly wouldn't notify Casey because she's a POI. And the family is not trustworthy. Although I would think they would do it as soon as they thought the media was going to break the news. LE probably has all they need to identify Caylee. And a visual ID is not going to happen at this point.

I wouldn't be ENTIRELY surprised, if they took a day or two or more. Checked with a coroner, first, maybe. Even, in this case, drew up charges.

Since KC passed on the plea deal, she gets no breaks. Or, she gets about as many breaks as she gave her child.

Not to be overly graphic, but it has been almost three months it will take time to get a confirmation that it is her, if they did indeed find something. The ones where the announcement comes within hours of the find are ones where someone can still identify their loved one.

No, they certainly wouldn't notify Casey because she's a POI. And the family is not trustworthy. Although I would think they would do it as soon as they thought the media was going to break the news. LE probably has all they need to identify Caylee. And a visual ID is not going to happen at this point.

Thank you, that's what I thought. Guess I am learning something from all of you WS veterans!! You guys are awesome! :clap:

A post from a searcher:
Well, we were sent home about an hour ago. Y'all probably know by now that the search has been suspended.

When we were told to go home we were SO excited! (Not that you can be happy about the discovery of a child's dead body.) But we thought the search was over and justice would be served.

However, we were simply told that "the search was too dangerous to continue."

Yes, it was hotter than heck but the humidity was actually lower than usual (for Florida). The bugs were out in full force but that was "business as usual" too.

Yesterday, at least three people needed medical attention due to heat stroke. I don't know how many people needed medical attention today. (If any.)

We asked if the more physically fit among us could continue to search but we were denied. Let's face it... there are a lot of very nice, very well meaning people (civilians) searching who might not be in the best possible physical condition.

I am going to take a shower and wash off ten pounds of bug spray. I just thought I would post a factual update from someone who was there. (Not that they gave us that much information.)

http://community.myfoxorlando.com/blogs/WOFL/2008/08/04/The_Search_for_Caylee_Anthony?page_no=1777

I still believe they may have found something.

You know, as much as we are questioning whether or not they found a body, imagine what the Anthony's are feeling right now??

Unfortunately CA would say there was no reason to be looking in the first place because ZG has her.

A post from a searcher:
Well, we were sent home about an hour ago. Y'all probably know by now that the search has been suspended.

When we were told to go home we were SO excited! (Not that you can be happy about the discovery of a child's dead body.) But we thought the search was over and justice would be served.

However, we were simply told that "the search was too dangerous to continue."

Yes, it was hotter than heck but the humidity was actually lower than usual (for Florida). The bugs were out in full force but that was "business as usual" too.

Yesterday, at least three people needed medical attention due to heat stroke. I don't know how many people needed medical attention today. (If any.)

We asked if the more physically fit among us could continue to search but we were denied. Let's face it... there are a lot of very nice, very well meaning people (civilians) searching who might not be in the best possible physical condition.

I am going to take a shower and wash off ten pounds of bug spray. I just thought I would post a factual update from someone who was there. (Not that they gave us that much information.)

http://community.myfoxorlando.com/blogs/WOFL/2008/08/04/The_Search_for_Caylee_Anthony?page_no=1777

I still believe they may have found something.

Thank you for your post & for taking part of the search:clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back