Has the search been called off

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm no expert in body language either, but he came up with his hands on his hips, like he took a proud stance, and a little victorious. He also had dodgy eyes when talking about specifics about the search.

I honestly believe that if they did find something today, they have to keep it hush-hush for a few reasons. 1. They need to positively identify it, 2. It will create a mob on Hopespring Drive, and 3. They may give Casey one more chance to tell the truth, and then they'll "Whamo! We gave you a chance to talk and tell us what happened but since you didn't, we did find your daughter and according the the autopsy, this and this happened and we know the circumstances of her death."

That's my opinion anyway.

There are other places to search besides the swampy areas anyway - wtf is going on. They said they were going to stay until they found her - I don't get it!

I have to say, I to, was in complete disbelief when I read that Tim Miller and Equusearch were calling off the search. I have only participated in one search and had plans to go back on Thursday and Friday to continue searching. I, like the rest of you, want CAYLEE home! I feel so disillusioned now by what Tim has said, citing environmental conditions for the reason to call off the search. He attributed the harsh conditions to the water left by Hurricane Fay....what???? We never even took a direct hit from Fay, that was Debary and Deland which is approximately 50+ miles away.. We had a couple days of rain but within in days it was dried up. I live about three miles from the Orlando International Airport and I have to tell you it is DRY!!!! Yes, the areas that we were searching were "mucky" but it is Florida.

I have been a member of a local DMAT (Disaster Medical Assitance Team) for years and the one thing that we are taught is that search and rescue does not take place in pristine conditions. We are taught how to work and live in austere conditions!!! Alligators, snakes, mosquitoes etc, all come with the territory. After Hurricane Katrina we had team members literally swimming in water that was littered with trash, dead animals, oil, gas and even decomposing corpses to search and recover bodies from houses. Not once did we ever say "Don't go in there the conditions are bad." Our team always held onto the hope that we might find someone alive....and we did.

I just don't get it, Tim said "You can rest assure that we are not leaving here until we find Caylee". Yet in a matter of minutes he calls off the search, packs up and heads back to Texas!

I feel that ALL of us have been let down. We were there for her..bottom line. Now what do we do???

I have to say, I to, was in complete disbelief when I read that Tim Miller and Equusearch were calling off the search. I have only participated in one search and had plans to go back on Thursday and Friday to continue searching. I, like the rest of you, want CAYLEE home! I feel so disillusioned now by what Tim has said, citing environmental conditions for the reason to call off the search. He attributed the harsh conditions to the water left by Hurricane Fay....what???? We never even took a direct hit from the Fay, that was Debary and Deland which is approximately 50 miles away.. I live about three miles from the airport and I have to tell you it is DRY!!!! Yes, the areas that we were searching were "mucky" but it is Florida.

I have been a member of a local DMAT (Disaster Medical Assitance Team) for years and the one thing that we are taught is that search and rescue does not take place in pristine conditions. We are taught how to work and live in austere conditions!!! After Hurricane Katrina we had team members literally swimming in water that was littered with trash, dead animals, oil, gas and even decomposing corpses to search and recover bodies from houses. Not once did we ever say "Don't go in there the conditions are bad." Our team always held onto the hope that we might find someone alive....and we did.

I just don't get it, Tim said "You can rest assure that we are not leaving here until we find Caylee". Yet in a matter of minutes he calls off the search, packs up and heads back to Texas!

I feel that ALL of us have been let down. We were there for her..bottom line. Now what do we do???

First, thank you for all you do!

Second, is Tim going back to Texas or do you think he is just suspending the search for right now?

I hope he will not leave her out there...she needs to come home.

Thank you for the link. Very, very sad. I agree with you that they may have been crying because of the search being called off. I did not get the impression there was any more to that or to Tim's speech. In other words, I got no indication that Caylee was found. Tim's wife, I believe it was his wife, was especially upset. Tim's speech was pretty moving.

and it made me wonder if Tim Miller and his wife have lost a child themselves.

does anyone know about his background?

He didn't let anyone down. It's not like he said, "well we're out of $$, guess we'll head back home now - good luck!" You can tell from the video that this man cares DEEPLY about finding her. and you don't know that LE didn't ask him to call off the search, or what the exact reasons were for it.

"Environmental Conditions" is a loose enough term to encompass a lot of things. We are seeing it as "weather-related" but that may have nothing to do with it.

As in the condition of Caylee? Is that what you mean?

First, thank you for all you do!

Second, is Tim going back to Texas or do you think he is just suspending the search for right now?

I hope he will not leave her out there...she needs to come home.

Personally, I do not think that he is coming back. It is very odd that he just packed up and left and in a matter of minutes, not a scaling back of operations, but a complete shut down.

I, along with everyone else have to ask, why???

Over 1200 people show up on Saturday to assist in searching for Caylee and the next day he packs up and leaves........It just doesn't make any sense. I think that either funding ran out and he needed to get back home, he is upset with the Anthony's and feels that since they do want to cooperate that it isn't worth his time ( which I would hate to think since he stressed this is all about Caylee) or they have found something. I just don't know.

Yes, Laura was her name. I remember seeing it on the TES sign hanging from the office at the command center. I guess the police wouldn't search for her because they thought she was a runaway, her body was found very near her home and she was murdered. Very sad story.

Here is her pic at TES.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/laura_miller.html

Now I remember...3 years they waited to bring her home, right? This makes me want to go curl up in bed with my kids and hold them tight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HNDere
Back