• No, I've always thought he wasn't involved

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nope....

the more bits and pieces of the truth of disposal come out the more tn and rc say misty is lying.....

... ever since they were backed in a corner for supporting the liar and from the rat incident to date....

rc went above and beyond to deny jo was there that night and imo there are still implicating reasons for doing so....jmo

Nothing's changed my mind. I do not believe that he killed Haleigh nor was he 100% sure who did for a long time. I think he had his suspicions, but not enough to try and take justice into his own hands. This young man is very immature and made some serious, self-serving mistakes in his life. He has allowed himself to hang around and trust the wrong people. I'd like to believe that he has really thought about his losses and his predicament while he was in jail and will turn his life around. He is intelligent, but I don't know if he will be able to rise above his upbringing. Time will tell if he will learn to stay out of trouble.

I'm hopeful that LE is on the right course and will soon get to the bottom of this case. They have worked very hard, but they also need some lucky breaks. Both Ron and Crystal deserve to know what happened to their daughter and to hopefully bring her home.

ETA: Thank you, Suspicious, for starting this thread. It is a good way for posters to each say what they feel without getting bogged down in debate.

I absolutely believe drugs played a part in Haleigh's disappearance and I believe something was either accidental or revenge against Ron because of DRUGS. So as I cannot eliminate drugs being a major factor in his lifestyle, I haven't changed my mind a bit. ALL, JMO

Yep, you're right Suspicious but..

I never heard of getting a deal for possibly testifying in the future. I think he got a deal because that is the way it works for most people who are arrested in Putnam County and most places if you don't ask for a jury trial.

He is still on board for a minimum of 15 years. If he knows anything and held it back, I don't think they would be dealing. I think he is just going to testify about tommy, JO and misty's behavior if it ever goes to trial. He may talk about the fight with JO. I don't think he has anything else to offer or should I say that he cares to discuss. He might open up about the fight with JO. He might testify the bed was never slept in; he might say how many times he called misty and she didn't answer. All these things are known and all he has to do is repeat them which he would have had to do anyway even w/o a deal.

For this type of testimony they would knock off two charges with a minimum mandatory of 25 years each? I'm sorry, I don't see it. I think they already know all of the above, so it has to be more than that. In fact, I'll bet he's already proffered what he will testify to.

No, my opinion of Mr. Cummings hasn't changed. This man KNOWS. Just exactly what he knows, I haven't a clue, but he KNOWS enough to know what happened to his daughter. It still wouldn't surprise me if we found out he's directly responsible for Haleigh's demise.

IMO, Ron will always be to blame for how he raised his children around guns, addicts, dope,fighting etc. The recipe for murder.
Ron never protected his children.
TN, GGS are equally to blame thinking it was fine for Ron to have a 16 year old dope/sex addict take care of Haleigh.
Everyone covered this murder up. WHY? and for WHO?
TN,GGS didn't do it for and Croslin.
It all was done for Ron!
Ron probably never got his hands bloody, but in my own opinion he left his daughter
in the hands of dangerous situations and people on drugs.
Just waiting for rape, murder,abuse or overdose.........JMOO

Yep, you're right Suspicious but..

I never heard of getting a deal for possibly testifying in the future. I think he got a deal because that is the way it works for most people who are arrested in Putnam County and most places if you don't ask for a jury trial.

He is still on board for a minimum of 15 years. If he knows anything and held it back, I don't think they would be dealing. I think he is just going to testify about tommy, JO and misty's behavior if it ever goes to trial. He may talk about the fight with JO. I don't think he has anything else to offer or should I say that he cares to discuss. He might open up about the fight with JO. He might testify the bed was never slept in; he might say how many times he called misty and she didn't answer. All these things are known and all he has to do is repeat them which he would have had to do anyway even w/o a deal.

Ok. This is what I feel is going on.

Ronald is going to get 15 years. They are going to charge Misty with Murder.

Ron is now obligated by the State to testify at a trial, that would mean he is going to testify against Misty. You dont think Misty isnt going to rat him out? Here she is, looking at life, and he cut a deal and shes covering for him, and he could be out in less that 15?

The State has Ron right where they want him, if he was not suspected in his daughters homicide, he never would have been busted on the drug charges.

I absolutely believe drugs played a part in Haleigh's disappearance and I believe something was either accidental or revenge against Ron because of DRUGS. So as I cannot eliminate drugs being a major factor in his lifestyle, I haven't changed my mind a bit. ALL, JMO

This is where I'm at right now also.

I think its possible that the SA just setup Mr Cummings with this plea deal. In otherwards, the SA could use this plea deal to choke Mr Cummings knowing that he cannot fulfill his obligation with his plea and therefore in the end the plea deal will be taken off the table and Mr Cummings will have to face these charges after all. There is no immunity on the table. I personally think that Mr Cummings has full knowledge of what happened to his daughter and still may be involved in what happened to her. I cannot see the SA allowing Mr Cummings to have the upper hand over them. I personally think Mr Cummings just got himself setup by the SA without his knowledge and the SA will use this plea deal as a leverage to squeeze Mr Cummings hard and in the end Mr Cummings will not have a smirk on his face and will be sitting behind bars for an extremely long time. At least one can hope. I think the key word here is "Truthful" and I don't think Mr Cummings can tell the truth even if his life depended upon it and the SA knows this and will use it. Another thought would be that the SA is using this plea deal to put the squeeze on the other players in this case as well to get them to rat the others out to tell the truth finally. I believe they can still charge Mr Cummings if he is found guilty where HaLeigh is concerned and he was involved. The plea deal was for the drug traffickking charges that were dropped for his testimony to tell the truth, but it does not prevent him from being charged for his involvement if this is the case and I personally feel he is involved.

My opinion of Ron has not changed since I first heard the 911 call. He was acting then and has been acting all along. I believe he was so intent on his trial being after ToC's and MC's because he wanted to be sure they were still fearful of him and were not going to "break". Since they are both still under his thumb it should be safe for him to jump on the JO did it bandwagon. There's only one problem with that. What's he gonna do when JO fights the allegations and LE sees that he did NOTHING to Haleigh? If this is the case, we are going to see just how creative Ron really is (or thinks he is). Of course TN and GMS will be there enabling him just as they always have.

Originally posted by Snowbunny
I think its possible that the SA just setup Mr Cummings with this plea deal. In otherwards, the SA could use this plea deal to choke Mr Cummings knowing that he cannot fulfill his obligation with his plea and therefore in the end the plea deal will be taken off the table and Mr Cummings will have to face these charges after all. There is no immunity on the table. I personally think that Mr Cummings has full knowledge of what happened to his daughter and still may be involved in what happened to her. I cannot see the SA allowing Mr Cummings to have the upper hand over them. I personally think Mr Cummings just got himself setup by the SA without his knowledge and the SA will use this plea deal as a leverage to squeeze Mr Cummings hard and in the end Mr Cummings will not have a smirk on his face and will be sitting behind bars for an extremely long time. At least one can hope. I think the key word here is "Truthful" and I don't think Mr Cummings can tell the truth even if his life depended upon it and the SA knows this and will use it. Another thought would be that the SA is using this plea deal to put the squeeze on the other players in this case as well to get them to rat the others out to tell the truth finally. I believe they can still charge Mr Cummings if he is found guilty where HaLeigh is concerned and he was involved. The plea deal was for the drug traffickking charges that were dropped for his testimony to tell the truth, but it does not prevent him from being charged for his involvement if this is the case and I personally feel he is involved.
Originally posted by joeskidbeck
My opinion of Ron has not changed since I first heard the 911 call. He was acting then and has been acting all along. I believe he was so intent on his trial being after ToC's and MC's because he wanted to be sure they were still fearful of him and were not going to "break". Since they are both still under his thumb it should be safe for him to jump on the JO did it bandwagon. There's only one problem with that. What's he gonna do when JO fights the allegations and LE sees that he did NOTHING to Haleigh? If this is the case, we are going to see just how creative Ron really is (or thinks he is). Of course TN and GMS will be there enabling him just as they always have.

bbm

Hey, get outta my head, ya'll. :)

Yes... THIS and THIS above --

And same for me since the 911 call and the (imo) staged scene, which were bolstered by Ron's dropping-to-the-grass first interview - the one with the, "...for my child's life back" not, "for my child back" coupled with TN's odd accounts and inconsistencies (among several other things.)

If Ron were involved in what happened to Haleigh and if Misty knows and hasnt said - for whatever reason - what would be a strong, straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back type of motivation for Misty to finally talk? Maybe it'd be the realization that Ron was about to sell her down the river or whatever the expression is. In other words, if what happened to Haleigh is about to be pinned on Misty (someone here had a fall-girl theory) she may wake up. I dont know the logisitcs and legalities of dropping charges, reducing sentences, cutting deals etc, but if two charges are dropped, -

wait let me back up .... what if the testimony to be offered by Ron incriminates Misty such that it sends Misty into orbit, then Misty, finally, in an effort not to go down for this, (or not go down alone, as the case may be) may be more inclined to reveal the actual series of events and hopefully in such a way that bits can be proven (as opposed to a "Ron said" which doesnt mean beans to me.) If he were involved, perhaps Ron could be feeling somewhat relaxed at the moment.

The post about inserting Ron's name where Joe's appears in the story is not implausible to me. I've never been able to get on board with the Joe-did-it theory. Im not sure of all the reasons why I think that, but I just cant buy it - at least not now, not yet.

Or maybe I'm on a tangent... off in left field... in the weeds... and mixing metaphors. IDK. I'm stumped.

Moo

Edit to add: I was so busy editing my typos I didnt see Chablis's post above to which I want to add a, "Yes THIS" and a hearty Wordy McWord of agreement. :)

I have always been of the opinion that Ronald Cummings is responsible for his daughter's demise. My opinion has not changed.

I have never been certain that Ron's involvement was direct, or was such that he could be held legally responsible, and I still am uncertain whether charges could ever be filed against Ron for his part in what happened to Haleigh.

Ronald Cummings always was and always will be responsible for what happened to Haleigh in my eyes. Ron put his daughter in harm's way and it would be very difficult for anyone to effectively argue that he did not. Haleigh being in harm's way led to her demise.

Right back at ya, Kant. lol We need a smiley for getting someone "outta your head"!
Several months ago, when the news came that Ron may be making a plea deal, I wondered if Misty had managed to hold on to any evidence of Ron's involvement in Haleigh's disappearance. I sure hope so, cause if not, he will see to it that she and her brother go down for little Haleigh. Not that I give a hoot what happens to the whole bunch, because honestly I believe they should ALL pay for what happened to Haleigh. Everyone who lied from the beginning and I really don't care how many family members (in both families) that involves, they should all get prison time.:rant:

Ron is now obligated by the State to testify at a trial, that would mean he is going to testify against Misty. You dont think Misty isnt going to rat him out? Here she is, looking at life, and he cut a deal and shes covering for him, and he could be out in less that 15?

The State has Ron right where they want him, if he was not suspected in his daughters homicide, he never would have been busted on the drug charges.

ITA with everything you have stated except..............."if he was not suspected in his daughters homicide, he never would have been busted on the drug charges". They had been watching him just as dubiously as the others and knew it was a matter of time to get the druggies in the jail where they would feel the pain of withdrawal and the pressure of the long arm of the law. It was their only hope of getting any information on this case. Yes, the drug charges were a separate issue but, if it served their purpose in making progress in Haleigh's case, so be it. Ron's been as quiet as a church mouse for 18 months now and now that he's looking at the brink of the buzzer going off to indicate he's out of time for any redemption, he's agreed to testify in any trial to get his time shaved to a minimum. IMO, the truth lies closer than we think. In my mind, from morning "one", when he stood there crying and stated "I'd give anything to have my child's life back" and then dropped to his knees because he knew what he had just said told me he knew exactly what had happened. He wasn't believing his daughter had been stolen,...............he knew she was dead!

Chablis' post brings up a question and I am not sure where to ask it so will ask it here: Is Ron still facing a minimum of 15 years?

Reports have stated that two charges were dropped leaving Ron with one with 3-year minimum and two with 10-year minimums. Have Ron's 15-year charges been reduced to 10 year charges, or is this just another instance of the media being inaccurate?

The State has sent a message that they do not believe ron is directly involved with Haleigh's demise. What they learned from misty and tommy completely ruled out ron.

I will say that if this is over drugs and guns that another wanted, then ron is morally responsible but legally he can't be touched. They are looking for the person whose hands took Haleigh's life. They are ignoring anything that led up to it, like ron's criminal activity and lifestyle.

Well said. I also think that LE has forensic evidence from the house, based on earlier statements, as well as what they've learned from Ron's employer, cell records, etc.

And I do see a big difference between a parent living a dangerous lifestyle (Ron) and someone coming into his home (Misty, as a live-in girlfriend and Tommy, Joe, or ????) and deliberately murdering his daughter. I have probably moved toward seeing Ron as more morally culpable since the drug bust, because that suggests to me that from the beginning he has been putting the kids at risk for drugs and easy money and his fascination with guns. However, his stupid risk-taking is not on the same level of evil as murder or rape and murder (which I think is more likely what happened.)

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The information revealed by Dr. Archer and Kim Picazio strengthens my theory that Ron was angry with Misty and he wanted revenge.

If it's true Ron gave Misty a gun to protect herself during the night while he was at work, why did he make sure to remove it from her before he went to work the night his daughter disappeared? Maybe he wanted to prevent himself from being shot when he came into the bedroom to take HaLeigh. What other reason could he possibly have for leaving Misty defenseless on the night his daughter was stolen from his bedroom?

I think Ron may have already had the cuts on his hands before he arrived home from work and he hit the door on the car or the house to create an alibi for himself. The bandage on his neck could be covering a deep scratch, and his neck looks roughed up on the video where Ron is walking arm-in-arm with Misty. It looks to me like he was involved in a struggle with a person who had their hands clasped around his neck.

Dr. Archer said that Ron’s 98 phone calls to Misty show he was obsessed (more like possessed IMO) that night and that reeks of a guilty conscience, so what did Ron do to cause him to have a guilty conscience?

Kim Picazio dropped a BOMBSHELL when she revealed the news we have all been waiting to hear, “Ron was not telling the entire truth when he said that he was at work the whole time and things of that nature. Well, there are some reports that have been substantiated or not by law enforcement about the time that he did get to work and prior nights where he had left work. And we also had confirmation from a security guard at his employer`s that on two occasions Ron had the children, Haleigh and her little brother, Junior sleeping in the car, while he was at work and came to check out on them."

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let me say this. Dr. Dale Archer, why would any father leave their child with a woman who has allegedly, purportedly been on a drug and cheating binge the last three days, and who doesn`t want to baby-sit the child?

DR. DALE ARCHER, PSYCHIATRIST: No. And first of all, any good father wouldn`t do that.

Second of all, 90 phone calls, if that is true, that`s an obsession. Then the question would be what would trigger that? That`s not because she was on a three-day party binge. That reeks to me of a guilty conscience.

PICAZIO: We did come to know some of those things. Ron has to have known about those things and Ron was not telling the entire truth when he said that he was at work the whole time and things of that nature.

PICAZIO: Well, there are some reports that have been substantiated or not by law enforcement about the time that he did get to work and prior nights where he had left work. And we also had confirmation from a security guard at his employer`s that on two occasions Ron had the children, Haleigh and her little brother, Junior sleeping in the car, while he was at work and came to check out on them.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/20/ijvm.01.html

The State has sent a message that they do not believe ron is directly involved with Haleigh's demise. What they learned from misty and tommy completely ruled out ron.

I will say that if this is over drugs and guns that another wanted, then ron is morally responsible but legally he can't be touched. They are looking for the person whose hands took Haleigh's life. They are ignoring anything that led up to it, like ron's criminal activity and lifestyle.

BBM - If from what I've seen and heard, LE has seen and heard the same things from Misty and Tommy, I don't know how they have learned anything that was credible to rule out Ron.

Yes, they are looking for the hands that took Haleigh's life but there shouldn't be any way they should ignore anything that led up to it. It may be that with the drugs and guns involved, there are bigger fish they want to fry all in one fell swoop. Those items didn't just fall out of the sky so someone was supplying them from the top on down. JO is/was obviously involved in the same things so it could be at that time, it was coming from Tennessee.

I still feel the same way.
RC, MC, TN, and AS all know what happened to HaLeigh.

IMO, Ron will always be to blame for how he raised his children around guns, addicts, dope,fighting etc. The recipe for murder.
Ron never protected his children.
TN, GGS are equally to blame thinking it was fine for Ron to have a 16 year old dope/sex addict take care of Haleigh.
Everyone covered this murder up. WHY? and for WHO?
TN,GGS didn't do it for and Croslin.
It all was done for Ron!
Ron probably never got his hands bloody, but in my own opinion he left his daughter
in the hands of dangerous situations and people on drugs.
Just waiting for rape, murder,abuse or overdose.........JMOO
this pretty much sums up my feelings for Ron...thanks. except I don't think that GGS was in on as much of a cover-up, as the rest. If she had been, I don't think Ron would be sitting in jail right now. For some reason, (love, loyalty to Haleigh? mistrust of Misty?), she seemed to lead the chain of events, that led to Ron's downfall. Misty taking lie test for Tim Miller, Ron & Misty's divorce, Ron not living at home, when the drug bust happened...I think she insisted that those 2 stay apart, or take it somewhere, besides her house. & they did. Now, this is just MOO, but nothing points to her ibeing nvolved in a cover-up, except her admitting at such a late date, that she dropped by. & I think that was done, because in her mind, Ron wasn't involved, & Misty wouldn't leave the kids alone. So, she might have lied, not so much as a cover-up, but more to bolster what she thought was the truth. Sorry to ramble, but it's MOO that different prople had different motivations to lie, & that's why this case went from simple to confusing.

Nope...my opinion of Ron's involvement hasn't changed. IMO he wasn't involved in Haleigh's demise, disposal or cover-up.

Now...do I think he is a great guy and one I would be proud to call son or grandson? Oh, heck no!! Never viewed him positively and that continues to go downhill.

O/T - But, why has Kim P inserted herself back into this case? I didn't appreciate the way she turned on Crystal like a rabid dog - she can go hang with AH and they can exchange stories and "sources". GMAB and sorry for the rant. All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass