HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it doesn't have a link to back it up, then it's an opinion or a speculation, no matter how it's phrased.

If it doesn't have a link to back it up, then it's an opinion or a speculation, no matter how it's phrased.

I agree. I think most sleuthers are actually very good about putting JMO or IMO, but when it's not there, if in doubt, I ask. If I don't remember seeing something in MSM, I ask for clarification, because, admittedly, I am not one who is always able to keep up with the threads, so I kind of think I did miss something, if I read something I don't remember. Rumors start when people are careless, not bringing forward quotes, while discussing them (which I've probably been guilty of since I've had more trouble quoting with the new WS format). But, I've also found that when misinformation, without a proper source, is going forward, in general, another WS'er will jump in to clarify. I'm sure there are instances where this has not happened, but, I think keeping carbuff's point in mind, is best practice.

Excellent reference material. Thanks for posting.

The pages you showed me only accentuate what I found odd about them having nothing else except to say it was an adult. Look at the various ways to distinguish gender, age, and other things then ask yourself why they couldn't do any of the above if they have a complete or near complete skeleton.

I'll admit the post about the sheet material did throw me off a bit.

Excellent reference material. Thanks for posting.

The pages you showed me only accentuate what I found odd about them having nothing else except to say it was an adult. Look at the various ways to distinguish gender, age, and other things then ask yourself why they couldn't do any of the above if they have a complete or near complete skeleton.
Ah, I understand. And I will speculate and say that I believe they know more than is on the NamUs and are keeping it quiet for whatever reason (don't want to make someone think it IS their loved one, or is NOT their loved one, as an example). Unless, of course, the skeleton is so far degraded that they cannot tell, but as you say, that would be pretty odd if they can tell it's an adult and nothing else. I mean, obviously they know what color and type of curtains were found, but did not mention that, either.

Ah, I understand. And I will speculate and say that I believe they know more than is on the NamUs and are keeping it quiet for whatever reason (don't want to make someone think it IS their loved one, or is NOT their loved one, as an example). Unless, of course, the skeleton is so far degraded that they cannot tell, but as you say, that would be pretty odd if they can tell it's an adult and nothing else. I mean, obviously they know what color and type of curtains were found, but did not mention that, either.

I agree, Ghostwheel. And it sure does make me wonder why they would give a description to the sheet, but not the curtains.

I agree, Ghostwheel. And it sure does make me wonder why they would give a description to the sheet, but not the curtains.
Me too. I thought the online information was put online to help identify. Why not detailed descriptions and or photos if possible?

My thoughts on the homemade MM or Disney sheets. Why? There are many available in stores and on line. Why have them special made? A specific fabric? An odd size bed, like in a camper? And where are the pillow cases.? If the sheets match pillow cases found in the home, bingo!
And TM advertised who made them. Be easy to go the the seamstress and ask 'did you make these and for who". Surely the person who made them is not so close to TM that she would go down in a lie for her.
I can't wait till this goes to trial. Only thing better would be if one or both confessed to save the family.

Reasons why someone may want homemade themed sheets:

1. size customized or
2. don't like what's available online or in stores or
3. trying to match a specific color or palette and nothing that's available is quite right or
4. trying to save $ by creating one's own Disney or MM-themed sheets rather than buying the commercially made ones. This could be as simple as buying plain sheets and adding some cutout Disney or MM characters either sewing them or getting iron-on decals, which would be a fraction of the cost.

Those are just a few reasons that came to mind. I'm sure there are many more reasons.

Reasons why someone may want homemade themed sheets:

1. size customized or
2. don't like what's available online or in stores or
3. trying to match a specific color or palette and nothing that's available is quite right or
4. trying to save $ by creating one's own Disney or MM-themed sheets rather than buying the commercially made ones. This could be as simple as buying plain sheets and adding some cutout Disney or MM characters either sewing them or getting iron-on decals, which would be a fraction of the cost.

Those are just a few reasons that came to mind. I'm sure there are many more reasons.
BBM: This is very true. Try finding a California King Size MM sheet (That was a tough Christmas...). But I am fairly sure you couldn't find any fabric wide enough to make one either. I can, however, see a lot of people making crib sheets for a baby or to give at a baby shower.

They used to make extra-wide material in some of the Disney designs. I used it for a quilt back. Don't know if it was wide enough for a California King, though :D

They used to make extra-wide material in some of the Disney designs. I used it for a quilt back. Don't know if it was wide enough for a California King, though :D
O/T Yeah, that could have worked. Send them some yardage, a spool of thread and some iron on hemming tape. A do it yourself sheet set....

In May - this is what the Solicitor had to say:

"Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said he expects the case to go to trial in about a year."

Here

In the story on Aug 12 when the new prosecutor was named - he said this:

"Richardson said he hopes to have the case tried sometime this upcoming winter."

Here

A year from May - and this upcoming winter - may not seem like a lot - but it's a 3 month difference if you just go back to February -- 4-6 months depending on what they consider "winter". I know this is semantics in some sense - but I wonder if the evidence has come together better than they hoped and thus the move up on the date in which they expect to go to trial? Guess time will truly tell.....?? :D

"Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said he expects the case to go to trial in about a year."

Here

"Richardson said he hopes to have the case tried sometime this upcoming winter."

Here

A year from May - and this upcoming winter - may not seem like a lot - but it's a 3 month difference if you just go back to February -- 4-6 months depending on what they consider "winter". I know this is semantics in some sense - but I wonder if the evidence has come together better than they hoped and thus the move up on the date in which they expect to go to trial? Guess time will truly tell.....?? :D

After following the Maggie Daniels case here in NC, this is very likely to me. The gag order that is in place has prevented any evidence from being exposed to the public and who knows what they have in those files. I mean the little bit we did get (the time line, phone calls and text information we found out were at the time "bombshells") I am not so patiently waiting.

Seems to depend on what other cases are in the pipeline, lots of scheduling considerations, including the judge, and each side's attorneys, holiday schedules, if any additional time is needed by either side which could occur for any number of reasons. I wouldn't say it correlates to how well a case is coming together. Scheduling is a whole separate matter.

Here

Here

I would also guess that with the addition of the new prosecutor, there was more time for that prosecutor to work on the case. (That was the whole purpose of the new dedicated violent crimes prosecutor, after all, to lighten Elder's caseload). But I would definitely assume that they believe they will have their ducks in a row sooner than originally thought, which can only mean that the evidence they need is there and has a good chance of being ready in the time frame he is hoping for.

Here

Here

Actually, what happened was they received my letter and honored my request. i made a request to the prosecutor and defence that they move it forward to the winter so that it would not be interfering with my RL and my springtime activities following another trial!

:D

:floorlaugh:
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads