Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible, just possible, and not saying this is actually what happened, the sticker found was placed on the duct tape where the sticky residue was found, and then a picture was taken to illustrate it matched the residue, and this is the picture released?
Off the top of their head (please don't go looking for it) does anyone know where it says this heart was found stuck to cardboard?
Lanie

I have never forgotten the movie "THEM" I saw when way too young.

I think we have got to the stage where it should be compulsory viewing for WS
I definitely agree, although the subtle irony might be lost.

More seriously, I have been thinking about an entirely different approach to the heart sticker issue.

Although I am aware of the profusion of stickers in many stores I had not realized the magnitude of this "scrapbooking" subculture until this topic came up and so many of our fellow sleuthers came forward with so much information. Perhaps it is because I raised two boys, and sports, game cards, and video games were a more common area of interest.

That being said, and considering that the remains site is in the middle of a huge residential development, and considering that an elementary school is only a few hundred ft. away, and considering the cultural ubiquity of the heart image, and considering that the half-life of plastic bits can be measured in decades if not centuries...

...perhaps we should rather be surprised that they didn't collect more heart stickers from the site.

Is it possible, just possible, and not saying this is actually what happened, the sticker found was placed on the duct tape where the sticky residue was found, and then a picture was taken to illustrate it matched the residue, and this is the picture released?
Off the top of their head (please don't go looking for it) does anyone know where it says this heart was found stuck to cardboard?
Lanie
The docs descibe evidence as heart sticker on carboard mat. I gave the page back where I first posted 4 photos.
forty two has posted location measurements. It was a distance away, not found till final days.
I flirted with idea of LE puting sticker on as an example to photograph. But I decided that totally unlikely.The shot is clearly designated cardboard not Duct tape.

Lanie
Pg 3500, item # 11, Tag # J-60053 (AKA Q-188)

Could have
Come lose
fallen off
landed on cardboard
glued itself
Cardbord rotted all bar one corner
Carried away by wind or party of leaf-cutter ants.
Got caught on bushes
Found by Officer Obie
Flagged by officer Obie
Photographed by Officer Obie
(8" x 10" glossies, with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the backof each one)
Collected by LE
Photos tranfered to Prosecution.
Photos released to JB
Photos posted at Fox Orlando
Photos downloaded by us.

Or maybe not.

Did they all go to Alice's Restaraunt afterwards?

I definitely agree, although the subtle irony might be lost.

More seriously, I have been thinking about an entirely different approach to the heart sticker issue.

Although I am aware of the profusion of stickers in many stores I had not realized the magnitude of this "scrapbooking" subculture until this topic came up and so many of our fellow sleuthers came forward with so much information. Perhaps it is because I raised two boys, and sports, game cards, and video games were a more common area of interest.

That being said, and considering that the remains site is in the middle of a huge residential development, and considering that an elementary school is only a few hundred ft. away, and considering the cultural ubiquity of the heart image, and considering that the half-life of plastic bits can be measured in decades if not centuries...

...perhaps we should rather be surprised that they didn't collect more heart stickers from the site.
Yea, but STICKER HEART = CMA

Its like "Z" for Zorrow, or a skull ring print for "The Phantom" (sorry no up to date references)

You simply have to follow it as a lead?

The docs descibe evidence as heart sticker on carboard mat. I gave the page back where I first posted 4 photos.
forty two has posted location measurements. It was a distance away, not found till final days.
I flirted with idea of LE puting sticker on as an example to photograph. But I decided that totally unlikely.The shot is clearly designated cardboard not Duct tape.
In addition, although I'm not trying to attribute supernatural powers of observation to LE I will give them credit for being able to tell the difference between an old piece of cardboard and an old piece of duct tape.

Especially when they're holding it in their hands, and the other opinions come from people looking at fuzzy photos.

Ive been gone for a couple of days so Im having to absorb all of this news about the documents as well as George.
The sticker is very disturbing because this is what it tells me:
There is no way this was an accident.
It was for Caylee's benefit.
Who else would it be for?
"See? This just a game,and for being such a good girl you get a sticker!"
My God.

Oh that gave me the shivers....

I don't think any of this was an accident. If it were, why duct tape the poor child? Why put a sticker on the duct tape? It's eerie, scary, and downright psychotic (IMHO of course).

I have no idea what Caylee went through, but I pray she's at peace right now.

Best,

Melanie

Yea, but STICKER HEART = CMA

Its like "Z" for Zorrow, or a skull ring print for "The Phantom" (sorry no up to date references)

You simply have to follow it as a lead?
Of course. They have to follow any and all leads 'til they pan out or peter out.

But I'm being quite serious about the probability of heart stickers turning up.

ETA: If your references were much more up to date I might not recognize them.

Of course. They have to follow any and all leads 'til they pan out or peter out.

But I'm being quite serious about the probability of heart stickers turning up.

ETA: If your references were much more up to date I might not recognize them.
Sorry to go a bit 2nd knife ish, but...

"I have a feeling" about that scrap-book page and all the heart stuff. It was far more than an art hobby with CMA. It was, I think, a certifiable obsession and yet another symptom of a mental disorder. HEART is a VITAL element in this whole dopey thing.

PS perhaps this obsession effects the rest of the clan, certainly Spindy! Storage bins devoted to heart shaped things? Something is wrong here!

In addition, although I'm not trying to attribute supernatural powers of observation to LE I will give them credit for being able to tell the difference between an old piece of cardboard and an old piece of duct tape.

Especially when they're holding it in their hands, and the other opinions come from people looking at fuzzy photos.

I generally go by what LE and the reports say. I have read heart on cardboard, but didn't remember if it was in the docs, or if that was what people were saying because of the picture. IMHO, it doesn't make any difference if the heart found is the same heart that was originally stuck to the duct tape, as the duct tape retained sticky residue in the shape of a heart sticker, so we all know a heart sticker was stuck to the duct tape. It would be nice to find the exact sticker that exactly comes from a sheet found in Casey's stuff, but I'm in the camp who thinks SA has plenty of evidence already to put her away. Besides, IMO, Caylee's remains are a direct link to Casey, she was the last 'real' person to see her. This for me was just something to look into while waiting on the next doc dump, which I thought was going to be today. I've been half-heartedly following Haleigh's case, but it depresses me too much to spend much time there.
Lanie

Sorry to go a bit 2nd knife ish, but...

"I have a feeling" about that scrap-book page and all the heart stuff. It was far more than an art hobby with CMA. It was, I think, a certifiable obsession and yet another symptom of a mental disorder. HEART is a VITAL element in this whole dopey thing.

PS perhaps this obsession effects the rest of the clan, certainly Spindy! Storage bins devoted to heart shaped things? Something is wrong here!
Maybe if you sit down and have a nice cup of tea the feeling will pass.

I agree with the "obsession" concept, and the significance of hearts. I just think that this particular plastic "bubble" heart is distracting.

I generally go by what LE and the reports say. I have read heart on cardboard, but didn't remember if it was in the docs, or if that was what people were saying because of the picture. IMHO, it doesn't make any difference if the heart found is the same heart that was originally stuck to the duct tape, as the duct tape retained sticky residue in the shape of a heart sticker, so we all know a heart sticker was stuck to the duct tape. It would be nice to find the exact sticker that exactly comes from a sheet found in Casey's stuff, but I'm in the camp who thinks SA has plenty of evidence already to put her away. Besides, IMO, Caylee's remains are a direct link to Casey, she was the last 'real' person to see her. This for me was just something to look into while waiting on the next doc dump, which I thought was going to be today. I've been half-heartedly following Haleigh's case, but it depresses me too much to spend much time there.
Lanie
I agree with everything you have said, especially the part about Haleigh.

Maybe if you sit down and have a nice cup of tea the feeling will pass.

I agree with the "obsession" concept, and the significance of hearts. I just think that this particular plastic "bubble" heart is distracting.
Ok I (With a few disciples) [Steady Brian] will do the heart , and you do all the rest?

GRATS to whoever found the exact heart sticker brand. That is an exact match to my untrained eye! What does the backing of that heart sticker look like?

Thanks! I was pretty sure it was a match when I posted it, but I wanted to get everyone else's opinions. I looked at so many heart stickers I thought my head might explode!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi