Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspicion the mat board pieces (including the one with the heart) were inside one of the broken frames found at the scene.
This is a perfectly reasonable and likely conjecture.

Also dull. By which I mean no fun, and leads to no Perry Mason moments.

Do you know the the story about the guy who lost his wallet in the night , and was searching for it under the streetlight?

Couldn't remember if I'd seen this pic posted anywhere so thought I'd go ahead:

picture.php

Is the pic above same sheet of stx in the link below?
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021809remainsfoundOCSOpictures_set10/1/lg/209160.htm

come to think of it a cropped pic would have been better!

Any thoughts? A better crop? Sorry if analyzed and discussed already!

BUMP
Heart sticker evidence not mentioned in todays doc, but at least it was not excluded.

We have still not seen any test results on heartsticker shaped residue on skull duct tape and LE still have those duct tape samples, along with potential comparison items from search of Anthony home.

I can't read 42 pages on this thread so sorry if this has already been brought up.

Early on I kept reading how people said they thought KC used the knife to cut the duct tape, others said they always used their teeth. This is going to sound weird but duct tape has been in my life from day one, my grandpa used it for everything as did my dad, my kid plays with it......I never needed anything to cut duct tape, you just simply tear it with your hands. Even my kid likes playing with it b/c he can tear it with his hands. Also this "hinkel" or hinkle" brand of duct tape, NEVER have I seen a roll of duct tape with a brand name printed on the outside of it. Leave it to GA to have a specific kind of duct tape---geesh---I'm glad he did though, should lead straight back to kC. I don't think the knife has any importance in this. The heart I just don't understand, other than it may have been a may for KC to send someone a message. jmo

I can't read 42 pages on this thread so sorry if this has already been brought up.

Early on I kept reading how people said they thought KC used the knife to cut the duct tape, others said they always used their teeth. This is going to sound weird but duct tape has been in my life from day one, my grandpa used it for everything as did my dad, my kid plays with it......I never needed anything to cut duct tape, you just simply tear it with your hands. Even my kid likes playing with it b/c he can tear it with his hands. Also this "hinkel" or hinkle" brand of duct tape, NEVER have I seen a roll of duct tape with a brand name printed on the outside of it. Leave it to GA to have a specific kind of duct tape---geesh---I'm glad he did though, should lead straight back to kC. I don't think the knife has any importance in this. The heart I just don't understand, other than it may have been a may for KC to send someone a message. jmo
Thanks for the contribution.
I am interested in how rare the "Henkel" tape is. You add to the finding that it is rare.

I'm with you, no problem to just tear duct tape. No teeth or weapons required.

However, if you go back and find a pic of the stuff in question it does look a bit heavy duty and hard to tear?

I've been reading about JonBenet a lot lately and I was reminded but the red heart that was drawn on her hand before/after she was murdered. I think it's strange that two murdered children have red hearts on them. NOT that I think someone else is involved. I just wonder what the symbolism means to the 'murderers' of BOTH Jonbenet AND Caylee.

I am interested in how rare the "Henkel" tape is. You add to the finding that it is rare.

Hmmm, I just wanted to add that now I'm not sure that it is so rare, because look at their company info:

Company History:
Headquartered in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio, Henkel Manco Inc. sells more duct tape than any other company in America

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Henkel-Manco-Inc-Company-History.html

Though maybe it's one in their line of their tapes that is rare? I'm like doogiesgirl and have never noticed the company name on any duct tape that my husband has used. :waitasec:

Hmmm, I just wanted to add that now I'm not sure that it is so rare, because look at their company info:

Company History:
Headquartered in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio, Henkel Manco Inc. sells more duct tape than any other company in America

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Henkel-Manco-Inc-Company-History.html

Though maybe it's one in their line of their tapes that is rare? I'm like doogiesgirl and have never noticed the company name on any duct tape that my husband has used. :waitasec:
I'm not saying "Henkel" brand tape is rare. They seem to make half the tape sold.

However this type with "Henkel" stamped all along the tape IS rare. It ceased production in 2007

Just wanted to add my 2 cents

If you use Duct Tape on a regular basis you would probably know that it is very easy to 'Rip" with your hands. However if you are infamiliar with it I can see a person trying to use a knife to cut strips from the roll.

It also would depend on the Type of Duct tape.

I've noticed that 3M Duct tape "Rips" very easily but Gorilla Duct tape is much harder & a knife or razor sometimes makes it easier.

I don't think I've ever heard of or used Henkel Duct tape.....3M seems to be the most popular brand that I've encountered.

I've also never seen a duct tape with the company name written on the outside of the tape.

Hen

I'm not saying "Henkel" brand tape is rare. They seem to make half the tape sold.

However this type with "Henkel" stamped all along the tape IS rare. It ceased production in 2007

D'oh, sorry! Just trying to help and you guys are always so far ahead of me :)

As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say "never mind" :)

Thanks for the contribution.

I'm with you, no problem to just tear duct tape. No teeth or weapons required.

However, if you go back and find a pic of the stuff in question it does look a bit heavy duty and hard to tear?

I always pick my duct tape up at whatever discount store I'm in but maybe people who shop at Home Depot or Loews for their duct tape see this as common inventory. I am from Ohio, lived there for over 40 years,so I know it's not a regional thing either(I think I remember reading that company is based in Ohio). jmo

Company History:

Is there some way we can create a poll to see how many people have actually ever used this particular brand of duct tape? I am very curious also HP. jmo

Oh now that is good to know! So that helps, it's not like it's seen everywhere and it's no longer produced. Wow duct tape disappears in my house but maybe GA bought a case of it or something? jmo

I've been reading about JonBenet a lot lately and I was reminded but the red heart that was drawn on her hand before/after she was murdered. I think it's strange that two murdered children have red hearts on them. NOT that I think someone else is involved. I just wonder what the symbolism means to the 'murderers' of BOTH Jonbenet AND Caylee.

Maybe it means their Mommies loved them to death. :furious:

I always pick my duct tape up at whatever discount store I'm in but maybe people who shop at Home Depot or Loews for their duct tape see this as common inventory. I am from Ohio, lived there for over 40 years,so I know it's not a regional thing either(I think I remember reading that company is based in Ohio). jmo

Did the Anthonys move to Florida from Ohio? :waitasec:

I don't know how anyone could get pieces of this tape w/o getting their prints on it. I am out of it right now but as soon as I get more I will do an experiment wearing like the dish rubber gloves and the medical rubber gloves and try to work with it. I can't see how that is possible as that stuff is so sticky. I'll let you all know how it works out. :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member