Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After 9/11, aren't all good American citizens suppossed to have a big roll of duct tape! lol. I actually I have two partial rolls. Although one is black and one is white. No silver currently.
I always presumed that the duct tape was wrapped all the way around her poor little head. But to hear it now told, it seems it was a smaller piece, covering the mouth and then going into the hairline a bit on either side. How did it stay intact? By the grace of God I would imagine.
The heart sticker. The single most sick thing I've heard so far. There is NO justification or reason for this. It's just stomach turning SICK! It's hopefully the final nail in KC's coffin. (Please God-let it contain her fingerprint!)
Back to duct tape-don't forget that KC STOLE Amy's roll, as well as all her money.

I think someone saw a red heart on one of the photos in KC's myspace.

*resp. snipped.

this is from casey's photobucket, bern.

cayleehrt.jpg

it was added july 10th 2008 at 4:08pm

WARNING: Not for the faint of heart.

Just asking questions outta my ignorance/curiosity...

Trying to protect my own senility I envision Caylee having already expired when the tape was applied over her mouth...I don't believe it happened that way...but, thinking of it that way kinda helps me deal with it, IYKWIM. However, thinking of it this way I envision the tape applied evenly over the mouth area...flat against the skin & closed lips..extending on either side into the hair.

Then...trying to reconcile this vision with the information that has been released and the cause of death forces me to delve deeper. :bang:

I don't understand how the tape can be applied OVER the soft tissue and hair, yet REMAIN on a completely skeletonized skull w/ no soft tissue left underneath and, further, having to clip hair in order to remove the tape.

I mean...thinking about the attachment points...I just don't understand decomposition very well (duh).

The tape is affixed by the adhesive, right?

The hair is affixed to the skull? How? I thought it was rooted in soft tissue? (soft tissue being all gone).

The tape remained over the mouth area? How? If there was no soft tissue remaining as indicated by the ME...the only thing I can think of as an attachment point minimally affected by decomposition would be the teeth.

It makes me sick to think of it, but, the only way I can imagine this tape still being in place on the skull is if it were adhered to her teeth...either as the result of her biting the tape :(, or her mouth being partially opened when the tape was applied.

IF the hair somehow stays attached to the skull (???) it makes sense that if the tape were anchored in the teeth that the hair would hafta be cut away. Otherwise...I don't get the need to cut hair.

Not an expert here by any means but I have seen National Geographic type pictures of remains...and the skull still had hair attached...

I really can't even begin to imagine any of this really...it just makes me want to cry.

Taking KC's backwards mind into consideration I can see where she was going with the duct tape on Caylees mouth trying to give the impression of a kidnapping but given her stupidity she messed up by adding the heart sticker. Me thinks it canceled out the duct tape and puts her kidnapping story down the tubes. To me the sticker goes right along with KC's childish personality and will turn out to be a great piece of evidence towards her conviction. It seems like something an 8 year old would do when burying a pet which is how KC acts alot of the time. I think the girl has alot of serious issues and will have plenty of time to work on them in prison...

Trying to protect my own senility I envision Caylee having already expired when the tape was applied over her mouth...I don't believe it happened that way...but, thinking of it that way kinda helps me deal with it, IYKWIM. However, thinking of it this way I envision the tape applied evenly over the mouth area...flat against the skin & closed lips..extending on either side into the hair.

Then...trying to reconcile this vision with the information that has been released and the cause of death forces me to delve deeper. :bang:

I don't understand how the tape can be applied OVER the soft tissue and hair, yet REMAIN on a completely skeletonized skull w/ no soft tissue left underneath and, further, having to clip hair in order to remove the tape.

I mean...thinking about the attachment points...I just don't understand decomposition very well (duh).

The hair is affixed to the skull? How? I thought it was rooted in soft tissue? (soft tissue being all gone).

The tape remained over the mouth area? How? If there was no soft tissue remaining as indicated by the ME...the only thing I can think of as an attachment point minimally affected by decomposition would be the teeth.

It makes me sick to think of it, but, the only way I can imagine this tape still being in place on the skull is if it were adhered to her teeth...either as the result of her biting the tape :(, or her mouth being partially opened when the tape was applied.

IF the hair somehow stays attached to the skull (???) it makes sense that if the tape were anchored in the teeth that the hair would hafta be cut away. Otherwise...I don't get the need to cut hair.

Nothing in the document dump says the hair was cut to remove the tape. IIRC, it does not even say there was hair stuck to the tape. Wonder if this all started with an LP assertion. :rolleyes:

Nothing in the document dump says the hair was cut to remove the tape. IIRC, it does not even say there was hair stuck to the tape. Wonder if this all started with an LP assertion. :rolleyes:

Okay, I thought I saw it somewhere??? Anyone know where? Maybe just another myth?

i understand what you mean, and i thought about that too....hair is not attached to the skull so....that means that the bag with the remains didn't actually move around too much. that is the only thing that would explain things for me
so her tissue just decomposed, with no other movement...god, i can't explain this right, i have an image in my head but hard to explain....

It says it in the OCSO report as the detectives observed the initial process of the autopsy. They were there to collect the evidence as it was gathered from the body. The tape had to be cut, cutting part of the hair in the process.

Some info here...

Attachments

• tape.jpg
    tape.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 130

Thanks, JWG. Wish I could recall where that notion came from...maybe it was justa talkin' head.

I guess I'd still be curious...even if the hair does stay attached...how does the tape stay adhered to the mouth area of the skull when all of the soft tissue that would've originally been in contact w/ the adhesive surface has decomposed away...unless...it adhered to the teeth. :confused:

ETA: IF the duct tape were adhered to the teeth...well then...perhaps that is a method by which LE could claim the tape was applied peri-mortem, hence, how LE is stating this was intentional (vs. tape applied post-mortem to stem decomp fluid leakage). Sorry all :(

There are two versions of the OCSD search warrant narrative concerning the remains. I posted one above, and here is the other...

Attachments

• remains narrative.jpg
    remains narrative.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 116
Thanks, JWG. Wish I could recall where that notion came from...maybe it was justa talkin' head.

I guess I'd still be curious...even if the hair does stay attached...how does the tape stay adhered to the mouth area of the skull when all of the soft tissue that would've originally been in contact w/ the adhesive surface has decomposed away...unless...it adhered to the teeth. :confused:

ETA: IF the duct tape were adhered to the teeth...well then...perhaps that is a method by which LE could claim the tape was applied peri-mortem, hence, how LE is stating this was intentional (vs. tape applied post-mortem to stem decomp fluid leakage). Sorry all :(

Two explanations come to mind.

1. The Tape was all the way around the head. They are vague about how far the tape wrapped around, only that hair was attached.

2. Where the body was found, even in a foot or two of standing water, the body wouldn't have moved far. She was in a cloth cloths bag, and a plastic bag that would restrict movement of the skull. Also while the tissue decomposed, if there was little movement to disturb the taped area, it would in my mind fall with gravity. Sort of settle to the skull. JMO

Not to be disgusting but I think that after all the other scavengers have their way with the bones (vultures, birds, maggots, etc.) then ants can do a fantastic job of devouring every bit of flesh leaving most everything pretty "clean" of tissue.

You know, when the ME said the body was completely skeletonized, it doesn't mean that the bones are perfectly clean. Dried tissue will remain on the bones, the scalp often adheres to the head - the tissue dries like beef jerky and stays on the head. Unless a skeleton is exposed to long periods in the sun, they don't turn white - that's why the supposed statement by RK didn't ring true and didn't sound like something he would say if he had seen it.

So no, bones that are found in that condition are really dirty, with dried tissue, blood and other bodily fluids, not to mention the filthy water that it had soaked in for some amount of time.

Some info here...

Thanks HD...once again I've read something and completely missed an important detail. :bang:

I think the reason that detail did not register is I was subconsciously asking the same question as Bond - how would hair still be on the skull, and how would duct tape stick to the skull.

As penance for missing the detail and needing HD to call me out, I duct-taped my mouth. :eek:

Observations:

I could not get it to stick to my wet teeth very well, and it did not stay on very long when my teeth were dry. Also, I needed a really big smile with teeth closed and applied very tight to get any traction. Lip and tongue movement got the tape off the teeth pretty easily.

Could gravity have assisted in keeping the tape in the skull? If the skull was undisturbed as the tissue between it and the skull decomposed, would the tape adhesive continuously reattach to whatever was left above it? That is, the part of the tape attached to the skull was underneath the skull. Example, tape on back of head resting on ground is where it is attached, and still covers mouth area but not strictly attached. :waitasec:

Thanks HD...once again I've read something and completely missed an important detail. :bang:

I think the reason that detail did not register is I was subconsciously asking the same question as Bond - how would hair still be on the skull, and how would duct tape stick to the skull.

SNIP

As penance for missing the detail and needing HD to call me out, I duct-taped my mouth. :eek:

Observations:

I could not get it to stick to my wet teeth very well, and it did not stay on very long when my teeth were dry. Also, I needed a really big smile with teeth closed and applied very tight to get any traction. Lip and tongue movement got the tape off the teeth pretty easily.

SNIP

Snipped and bolded by me

Now THIS is a dedicated sleuther !!! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads