GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random possible theory. If "everyone loves" SC, could someone have hurt Charli FOR him? This thought has no basis in fact, and there is no evidence to support it. I was just thinking that if SC is non-confrontational, and someone close to him thought Charli could be a problem for him, might that person have done something to cause Charli to disappear?

I must admit, I have a hard time thinking of islanders in this fashion. if only Nala had been found closer to where she went missing and where her car was found, I'd be more likely to think something just happened around there.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...yfriend-of-missing-pregnant-maui-woman-speaks

Steven: "Yeah, I do not want the recording used. I don't want my voice coming out on everyone's TV on this island."

If the mother of your child is missing (and his unborn child), why did he care if his voice was coming out on everyone's tv on the island.

Steven: "They've just been questioning me. They haven't really told me anything." "I mean, it's undeniable that I'm probably the prime suspect, so they're not going to tell me any details."

He says he is probably the prime suspect. Prime suspect of what? She is just missing at this point.

There was a discrepancy about where his car was stranded. First it was close to where Nala was found. Then it was 9 or 10 miles up the road at mile marker #20. Which WSer was it that heard that from someone close to LE?
The article it came from was here:BBM
http://mauinow.com/2014/02/15/exclusive-interview-search-for-charli-running-on-adrenaline/
"Carly “Charli” Joann Scott, 27, was last known to have left the Haʻikū area on Sunday night to assist her ex-boyfriend, who family members say asked for help in getting his car pulled out of an area near mile marker 20 of the Hāna Highway."

I don't understand anything....the names of things people say, like Hana. I thought that was a city. Everything goes right over my head. Terrains, ridges, the way the roads are, etc. it isn't that people explain it bad, I just don't get because I have never been and I know that the islands are different than my city living houses. I am going to have to use google a lot or ask questions and hope people don't snap at me.

Thank you so much. I will use the map you gave above and use google earth. I don't get a good vibe from him. Some things don't add up and others don't bother me. I am going to try and make a list of some things tomorrow.

Is they area where her his car was stuck, dog, car and clothes found populated? Where someone could have saw something especially when stuck?
Here is a Google map I made with the locations as I know them. It is also in the maps thread. I tried to include article URLs for where I got the information. I guessed at the actual car location based on the topography in the area and the only dirt spot that looked big enough for what they showed on the news. You can switch to satellite and zoom in or switch to Google Earth and see kind of how the topography looks.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217392837830814032642.0004f27c34f418f269993&msa=0&iwloc=0004f2a6598047e9102cf

Please note:

It's okay for locals to mention what they've seen first hand, but second hand information is considered rumor and not allowed.

If someone who is close to this case tells you something, please encourage them to join Websleuths and consider becoming a verified insider. :tyou:

Mahalo

Thank you for clearing that up. I was going to try to edit / delete my earlier post about Stephen, because I feel it kind of violates this - it's mostly second hand information. However, I can't seem to edit it. Is that because someone's already quoted it? I'm sorry!! If a mod can delete it, that would be fine. I did try to verify that it was second hand information, but I'm guessing that doesn't help... oops.

I'm still having trouble with the car being found at Jaws / Pe'ahi on Wednesday night. So many people walk and ride their bikes out there on a daily basis, not just when the surf is up and were out there early in the week without reporting seeing her car. I just feel like her car wasn't there until later in the week. I'm not saying it really was stolen / stripped, but I feel like it was maybe hidden somewhere else and then moved there a few days later. I just think it would have been found earlier in the week if it was there.

People all over the island were already looking for that vehicle Tuesday. A lot of people from the Haiku area ride their bikes out to Jaws and walk out to Jaws. I think those people who are out there regularly would have noticed a new junked / torched 4-runner and it would have raised questions with it being all over local media about this girl being missing and people looking for that car. Just my hunch.

I'm still having trouble with the car being found at Jaws / Pe'ahi on Wednesday night. So many people walk and ride their bikes out there on a daily basis, not just when the surf is up and were out there early in the week without reporting seeing her car. I just feel like her car wasn't there until later in the week. I'm not saying it really was stolen / stripped, but I feel like it was maybe hidden somewhere else and then moved there a few days later. I just think it would have been found earlier in the week if it was there.

People all over the island were already looking for that vehicle Tuesday. A lot of people from the Haiku area ride their bikes out to Jaws and walk out to Jaws. I think those people who are out there regularly would have noticed a new junked / torched 4-runner and it would have raised questions with it being all over local media about this girl being missing and people looking for that car. Just my hunch.

I've been reading the information thread and trying to make sense of everything. The article in the link below says that the vehicle was found in pineapple fields off Peahi Road, according to Charli's stepfather.

http://khon2.com/2014/02/14/search-continues-on-maui-after-missing-womans-clothes-found/

I wanted to give mauijen a huge mahalo! So glad you found webslueths. You are saying what I'm thinking, but more eloquently. It's great to have another local posting here!

People who are 'non-confrontational' often harbor deep resentments and anger that can suddenly and uncontrollably surface. It could be that SC really needed help with his car that night but an argument started and he snapped. Just moo.

Does SC have a bike? When you said bike a little light bulb came on in my head. It would be a lot easier to hide than a car if he needed to get home from Jaws.

I bet he does. So he doesn't own a car because he borrowed the truck that Sunday from a friend. He has to get from his home in haiku to his job in Paia. There is a bus but runs infrequently on that side of the island. I'll fish around

I bet he does. So he doesn't own a car because he borrowed the truck that Sunday from a friend. He has to get from his home in haiku to his job in Paia. There is a bus but runs infrequently on that side of the island. I'll fish around

:bicycle::biggrin:

I'll be right here waiting patiently.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...yfriend-of-missing-pregnant-maui-woman-speaks

Steven: "Yeah, I do not want the recording used. I don't want my voice coming out on everyone's TV on this island."

If the mother of your child is missing (and his unborn child), why did he care if his voice was coming out on everyone's tv on the island.

Steven: "They've just been questioning me. They haven't really told me anything." "I mean, it's undeniable that I'm probably the prime suspect, so they're not going to tell me any details."

He says he is probably the prime suspect. Prime suspect of what? She is just missing at this point.

There was a discrepancy about where his car was stranded. First it was close to where Nala was found. Then it was 9 or 10 miles up the road at mile marker #20. Which WSer was it that heard that from someone close to LE?

Based on the published interview, I completely agree.
(We truly don't know all the facts or the tone of the interview. Tone could have been a panicked, shocked, dumbfounded jumble.)
However, IMO, The interview doesn't display any concern, sadness or panic. IMO, the interview should have sounded more like "we are so worried", "please use this interview to spread the word, get her picture out", "I just can't imagine what happened to her, she was right behind me" "I should have checked on her"....and so on, etc..
Also, IMO, come hell or high water I would be out there searching and doing whatever I could to help find her regardless of family tension. It doesn't take a psychologist to see all the red flags with this interview. There is a serious disconnect. The interview comes across as having a sense of self that completely screams a thought process of self preservation. If truly panicked or concerned, why is he talking about himself and not his missing FWB (friend with benefits)? Red Flags all over this.

I bet he does, too. Does he live in lower Haiku? That would be a fairly easy ride into Paia.

Has MPD checked Kaupakalua reservoir?

People who are 'non-confrontational' often harbor deep resentments and anger that can suddenly and uncontrollably surface. It could be that SC really needed help with his car that night but an argument started and he snapped. Just moo.

He may have been angered by her prior to the supposed break down.Mentioning how she had a mouth on her and could p*ss people off,maybe it was him she p'd off and he came up with a plan.moo.

"Scott's family says they have been overwhelmed by the kindness of strangers throughout the Maui community, many of whom have tirelessly shown up each day to comb through the rough terrain along Hana Highway and other search areas."

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...ublic-update-on-pregnant-womans-disappearance

I've been on that highway and can't even imagine trying to locate anyone there. :tears:

Prayers to the family, the searchers, and to Charli and her baby. :praying:

I bet he does, too. Does he live in lower Haiku? That would be a fairly easy ride into Paia.

Has MPD checked Kaupakalua reservoir?

I'm obsessing about the bike scenario. If he does have one LE should do a little forensics on it to see if they come up with traces of accelerants or anything tying him to the torching of the SUV. Wonder if anything he owns has been "detailed" lately?

And don't forget him referring to their unborn child as "it". :facepalm:

I just found out about this missing person today, so am catching up on the thread. But when I read his interview that just flew off the page at me. His referencing the baby as "it" made my stomach just sink.

"Scott's family says they have been overwhelmed by the kindness of strangers throughout the Maui community, many of whom have tirelessly shown up each day to comb through the rough terrain along Hana Highway and other search areas."

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...ublic-update-on-pregnant-womans-disappearance

I've been on that highway and can't even imagine trying to locate anyone there. :tears:

Prayers to the family, the searchers, and to Charli and her baby. :praying:

Exactly. Anyone who has ever driven that road understands how difficult it would be to locate anyone there. And we are talking about an area from Haiku to Nahiku, maybe even larger. I am thinking that the perpetrator deliberately scattered evidence far and wide to throw searchers off the trail. However, moving 160 of dead weight is not easy, assuming the worst circumstances. A perpetrator would need to make use of gravity; for example, throw her off a cliff, bury her close to wherever she met her fate, or take her out on a boat ala Scott Peterson. It will take a tremendous amount of luck and perhaps the expertise of search/cadaver dogs to find her.

I'm obsessing about the bike scenario. If he does have one LE should do a little forensics on it to see if they come up with traces of accelerants or anything tying him to the torching of the SUV. Wonder if anything he owns has been "detailed" lately?

I'm obsessing about the so-called borrowed truck. I would like to know if LE ever investigated that. Did SC really borrow a truck? If so, whose truck was it? When was it borrowed and when was it returned? How many miles did SC put on it? Did LE confiscate it and do forensics on it?

Mauijen did you hear the question asked last night at the KCA meeting about the truck? What I took from that discussion was that SC had borrowed the truck that Sunday. The owner of the truck contacted MPD to have them come take it for evidence processing and still haven't heard back from the police. Beyond frustrating.

OOOh, just read back through the threads and found this. Thanks julieonmaui! Interesting. I guess we are all waiting for lab results from everything that is currently being processed.

I do wish they'd bring in some trained dogs to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381