GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The POI has a green thumb either way and knows the island and its plants real well. A gun nut and I'd guess he used a silencer right next to where they're hidden. Probably didn't even look her in the eye that night since he's just a sociopath who preys on women and babies - the defenseless - and that he should have been protecting. Just a guess - I'd check under stones and around creek beds and right in his neighborhood.
All opinion

Can you clarify your statement? Was it in reference to what I wrote?
Sorry. I just meant within the Websleuths missing forum, and lot of people were found in the past day (causing their threads to get a post), so Charli got pushed to the third page.

I hope no-one minds if I back up a bit here--and I may have missed a conversation about this--I don't recall one...but, if SC was, according to his story, driving around with a suspended license, why was he not cited for that? *

It always struck me as a strangely bold and careless element in a story that doesn't hold together anyway. It actually bolsters a truck story of some variation, unless it isn't really anything at all to say he'd been driving.*
....just askin :dunno:

I hope no-one minds if I back up a bit here--and I may have missed a conversation about this--I don't recall one...but, if SC was, according to his story, driving around with a suspended license, why was he not cited for that? *

It always struck me as a strangely bold and careless element in a story that doesn't hold together anyway. It actually bolsters a truck story of some variation, unless it isn't really anything at all to say he'd been driving.*

The duration of license suspension can be less than a year if it's a first offense and there was no accident and they cooperated with LE. (I'm not a lawyer)

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/hawaii.php

http://hidot.hawaii.gov/ignitioninterlock/

He could have had a conditional license... but that wouldn't have allowed him to be driving anywhere but to and from work or to and from probation, court...

It may be likely that him just stating he was driving wasn't enough to charge him with it. For example, with a drunk driving arrest, an officer has to be able to prove the likelihood that a person drove: ie: keys in the vehicle or on a person and that person's close proximity to the vehicle. They would have had to place him in that vehicle that night and as we all know no one has come forward.

It's been a bit silent, but that doesn't mean we aren't thinking of Charli and Joshua.

It's been a bit silent, but that doesn't mean we aren't thinking of Charli and Joshua.

Well said heartgoesout. Thank you for saying it.

No new information and there is a consensus about whodunnit.

Ideas anyone (Scott family?) for what we can do now in this forum to help Charli's family find her and Joshua??

Thinking of them a lot...

Please read:

Soliciting Financial Assistance:

Soliciting financial assistance in the forums, chat or via PM is strictly prohibited. This means both overt ("Send me money") and subtle ("Poor me, I could really use some money") forms. As much as we would like to assist in helping those who are in grave need of it, there is no way to easily and effectively determine the accuracy of someone’s financial situation. Countless people have been scammed on the Internet and message boards, perpetrated by people who come into a community with nefarious motives and preying upon others who are kind and want to help people in need.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That includes go fund me sites. Please do not post any links that direct to solicitation of funds even if you think it is for a good cause.

:tyou:

Well said heartgoesout. Thank you for saying it.

No new information and there is a consensus about whodunnit.

Ideas anyone (Scott family?) for what we can do now in this forum to help Charli's family find her and Joshua??

Thinking of them a lot...

Ditto.

A couple of my friends are out hiking in and around Hana. I was thinking that Charli and Joshua may be found by spring/summer adventurers. We need to keep awareness high. Let everyone that you know who plans to vacation in Maui that there are two missing women. Locals can post flyers and chat up hikers and tourists buying sandwiches for the trip down Hana Hwy.

A while back I was thinking, 'We need technology! Bring in the cadaver dogs, the side-scan sonar, and the heat sensing cameras!' But I think it really boils down to awareness and having more people out in areas where Charli and Joshua are likely to be.

:moo: I hear you......i've had similar thoughts since Charli first was reported missing. I still feel he did not act alone, but that is just My Opinion. That lighthouse area near Jaws has many unsettling stories involving drugs, parties, missing and murdered people, influence and corruption.............not just stripped and burned cars. Of course, Charli and Joshua's case might not have any connection to those stories, but SC has/had FB friends that were connected, so, one can't help but wonder. :moo:
I don't have any knowledge to share, but anyone interested can Google and learn more.

IMO you are definitely on to something. I have been thinking the same thing... Does anyone know if SC was at the lighthouse party the night Yesuah Boerstler was killed?

Jaws and the Lighthouse have some bad history. Don't let Charli's case get pulled down into it. Time is precious and so is the help from the MPD.
Her truck was found at Peahi on Wednesday Feb.12 almost exactly 3 nights after SC says he last saw her. Really surprising if her truck was there burned before then and no one noticed.

What are your thoughts on where her truck was for 3 days?

:seeya:
I just removed a few posts. I know there are a lot of new members on this thread. WS is not like many other public forums. We do not allow attacks on other posters nor do we allow you to try to 'out' a fellow posters identity. Please take a moment to read our rules:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and as always if you have questions pm a mod.

Thanks!

Jaws and the Lighthouse have some bad history. Don't let Charli's case get pulled down into it. Time is precious and so is the help from the MPD.
Her truck was found at Peahi on Wednesday Feb.12 almost exactly 3 nights after SC says he last saw her. Really surprising if her truck was there burned before then and no one noticed.

I Googled the Yeshua Boestler tragedy that occurred at Pa`uwela Point in 2006:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Aug/01/ln/FP608010339.html

"Pa'uwela Point is one of several areas on Maui's north and east coastlines where groups of young people, many under the legal drinking age of 21, are known to party, said Lt. Mollie Klingman of the Maui Police Department's Juvenile Section.
"We check there when we can. In the summertime and when there's a full moon, there are lots of parties, and our patrols are running from place to place. I'm happy that school's back and that they are running year-round now," Klingman said."

Here's another link:
http://archives.starbulletin.com/2006/08/01/news/story11.html

A little history of the Pa`uwela Lighthouse with photos:
http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=921

I agree w/RunDaSurf that the 2006 incident most likely has nothing to do with Charli's case, other than to paint a picture of the party scene that occurs there and the unfortunate outcome of that, the death of a young man. It appears that nobody was charged in his death, is that correct? It's shameful if the party-goers who know what happened have remained quiet for all these years.

Someone, IMHO, knows where Charli's vehicle was between Sunday night Feb 9, and Wednesday late afternoon Feb. 12. Probably more than one somebody. I hope that person or persons has contacted Maui PD.

I Googled the Yeshua Boestler tragedy that occurred at Pa`uwela Point in 2006:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Aug/01/ln/FP608010339.html

"Pa'uwela Point is one of several areas on Maui's north and east coastlines where groups of young people, many under the legal drinking age of 21, are known to party, said Lt. Mollie Klingman of the Maui Police Department's Juvenile Section.
"We check there when we can. In the summertime and when there's a full moon, there are lots of parties, and our patrols are running from place to place. I'm happy that school's back and that they are running year-round now," Klingman said."

Here's another link:
http://archives.starbulletin.com/2006/08/01/news/story11.html

A little history of the Pa`uwela Lighthouse with photos:
http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=921

I agree w/RunDaSurf that the 2006 incident most likely has nothing to do with Charli's case, other than to paint a picture of the party scene that occurs there and the unfortunate outcome of that, the death of a young man. It appears that nobody was charged in his death, is that correct? It's shameful if the party-goers who know what happened have remained quiet for all these years.

Someone, IMHO, knows where Charli's vehicle was between Sunday night Feb 9, and Wednesday late afternoon Feb. 12. Probably more than one somebody. I hope that person or persons has contacted Maui PD.

I do not believe that Charli's case has anything to do with the 2006 incident and I most definitely am not trying to interfere with her case in anyway. But seeing what SC may be capable of I can't help but look into it[modsnip].

IMO it's a completely different case from something eight years ago and distracts from Charli's case now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust