GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only mentioned Benadryl because it puts *me* to sleep. Substitute any drug that would more reliably cause a person to go to sleep, or no drug, if you think he used the element of surprise. There were no reports of scratches or bruises on SC, which indicates that either none were showing or that Charli did not have the opportunity to fight back. So I am presuming that he was able to subdue her without resistance on her part unless and until someone comes forward to say that he was scratched or bruised. :moo:

I don't know which areas were searched and when; I did try to locate that information a while back with no success.

You make a good point about the clothing being removed post mortem.

If you believe that SC separated Charli from her cell phone and scattered evidence in several different locations to throw police off the trail, then she could be somewhere other than Hana, Nahiku, Honomanu, Nua`ailua Bay, Keanae, or Haiku. I chose Paia because it is in the opposite direction.

Mark Hacking disposed of his wife Lori's body in a dumpster and it was not discovered until the landfill was searched.

Pretty tight schedule

Yeah. Pretty tight... Thanks for all the info and ideas. I want to ask you to help me clarify my thinking here. Thank you ....

So, according to what we know, combined with SC's story, he did not leave his Truck over Saturday night...?
So on Sunday:
He worked til 3:00, then face-booked etc, at home;
Late afternoon 4:30, 5:00(?) he set out for Hana but got stuck at Keanae &
Hitched back to Haiku;
@8:00 contacted Charli, they left for truck @8:30.
??
That about it?--Thanks

Im gonna steal lissettes technique of all caps here
yeah. Pretty tight... Thanks for all the info and ideas. I want to ask you to help me clarify my thinking here. Thank you ....

So, according to what we know, combined with sc's story, he did not leave his truck over saturday night...? I dont think so nor have read that anywhere.
So on sunday:
He worked til 3:00, then face-booked etc, at home; YES
late afternoon 4:30, 5:00(?) LAST FB ENTRY 415 pm 2/9/2014 he set out for hana but got stuck at keanae &
hitched back to haiku; APPERENTLY according to him.
@8:00 contacted charli, they left for truck @8:30.
?? SUPPOSEDLY IF YOU BELIEVE HIM
that about it?--thanks

Does anyone know which home charli went to pick up sc? And which home he returned to that night? His grandfathers or his own place?

Was the dog possibly drugged? Kept around a household til the right time to release it in a given area as he slowly added more so called clues...

If he is the phycopath everyone "wants" him to be in their mind, why would he hurry it didn't all have to take place that evening. But where would this place be that could be easy enough access to return to finish the job on charli and later deliver Nala. Moo

According to sister, (FB post) SC was trying to get Charli to go out there for weeks. She was low on gas, exhausted and had to work the next morning. Why would she go that night? What could he have said different that night to get her to go? Nothing worked before.
I don't have time to search it right now but I think the sister said, Charli had complained to the landlord that a man had broke into her bathroom a few times. SC probably knew that and could do that himself.

Or maybe he just showed up at her door and said he just walked back, his truck is stuck, can she help him out and she kinda felt she had to because he was there.

What would be his easiest way? I tend to think the easiest answer is usually the correct answer.

He is actually unaccounted for until 2am when he allegedly skpyed.

IMO landlord is sketchy, possible tweeker
Steve is sketchy possible dealer.
Where does all the manicured foliage go? Where and what is done to dispose of all that landscaping?? A giant compost. I'm sure a place as go green as maui doesn't just put it in the island trash dump.

My other thoughts are possibly Steve was top dog til his boss come back to town, Steve owed him money, and was sent a message. Steve would be easy to blame, as he can't defend himself without incriminating himself at the same time. What an aweful position to have put have put him and his future family in.

According to sister, (FB post) SC was trying to get Charli to go out there for weeks. She was low on gas, exhausted and had to work the next morning. Why would she go that night? What could he have said different that night to get her to go? Nothing worked before.
I don't have time to search it right now but I think the sister said, Charli had complained to the landlord that a man had broke into her bathroom a few times. SC probably knew that and could do that himself.

Or maybe he just showed up at her door and said he just walked back, his truck is stuck, can she help him out and she kinda felt she had to because he was there.

What would be his easiest way? I tend to think the easiest answer is usually the correct answer.

He is actually unaccounted for until 2am when he allegedly skpyed.
You know in this day and age of multimedia it's hard to go off the grid for a few hours. Even if we go to the movies; we check our phones, beach; we take pics on the phone, long drives; we talk to someone along the way. But on Maui that's not always the case. Cell service truly is spotty and usually we'd lose service in the gulch and now all of a sudden we can chat all the way to Kahului.

Steven might've been MIA for 6-7hrs but that could've been a good joint, a nap and a few hours on the Xbox. Oh but dangit, he gave an interview that he was with Charli until about 10pm. Hmm. :notgood:

IMO landlord is sketchy, possible tweeker
Steve is sketchy possible dealer.
Where does all the manicured foliage go? Where and what is done to dispose of all that landscaping?? A giant compost. I'm sure a place as go green as maui doesn't just put it in the island trash dump.

My other thoughts are possibly Steve was top dog til his boss come back to town, Steve owed him money, and was sent a message. Steve would be easy to blame, as he can't defend himself without incriminating himself at the same time. What an aweful position to have put have put him and his future family in.
The only thing that landlord was tweaking was ono grinds. As far as "the game" - top dog until his boss came back? Really? Bossman kills a woman to send a message to his corner hustle when he could've just killed the corner hustle himself? Killing Charli wouldn't put any money in Bossman's pocket. Corner hustle would still be behind on his payment, regardless of Charli unless he went to her for money and she shut him down. Steven didn't give a dayum about Charli, even Helen Keller could see that from his interview to that news station. I like where you're going with this but try again.

True. But anywhere he was he risked being seen. Seems to me, IMO, he had no luck trying to get her out there before so he had to be more creative.

Maybe it was one of his 'friends' breaking into her bathroom, allegedly?

Another theory, don't know how well it works out but...

What if SC showed up at Charli's house like someone else theorized. Nala was in the yard and couldn't get to Charli before she was put into SC's vehicle. Nala follows the vehicle but falls way behind and winds up in Kahiku. Dogs have incredible noses for their owner's scents. I keep thinking of Incredible Journey. I have had my animals disappear for months only to show back up.

I also wonder about whether Nala would tolerate anyone, even someone she knew, hurting Charli. I've seen how protective dogs are.

In addition, I don't think someone who is cold enough to murder another person would care enough to protect a dog. The fact that Nala is still alive is probably circumstance, not because the perp is compassionate.

These are only my opinions, of course, and I'll probably change my mind. I just keep thinking about the guy who was breaking into Charli's bathroom and wondering if it was somehow linked in any way.

KikiD72 - Steven's dog is kin to Nala. He has no reason to hurt the dog. Charli's attack seems very personal. The WS user Inspiration got me thinking about our perps reason for accosting her that night. Maybe he did need money to cover his debts. Let's not forget he also ALLEGEDLY borrowed $1200 from his boss.

I want to explore this a bit more.

Steve (not Steven) would be easy to blame for getting Charli killed - because he didn't pay his drug debts? Why is he easy to blame? Did they have a volatile relationship? Was it known that Steve denied fathering the baby?

Steve can't defend himself - against what? Who's accusing him of anything? Again, was he such a jerk to Charli that everyone automatically fingered him for any wrongdoing?

And lastly, he (Steve) can't defend himself without incriminating himself - how? What is there to accuse him of? Being a deadbeat? Incriminate himself as in, he's selling drugs, he got Charli involved in his BS and subsequently got her killed?

<mod snip>

Sorry to upset everyone. Used the name Steve because I didn't know if it was en or an.. Sc gets auto corrected on my phone to cs which is charlis initials.

He obviously was a jerk in the relationship if the sister without knowing charli was with him went to his work to question him. He was thought of a person of interest before he was known to be with her.

My ideas maybe rediculous but I'm trying to think outside the box, by forgetting his statement. All that is for sure was she was alive at 8 when she left her sister. She was tired so assumption is she went home.

Yes he claims he was with her goin to get his truck. But he might have known phones have gps and that it would ping so his story had to match her facts..

So sorry again for joining the conversation as you shouldn't turn in your badge.. Don't give up on charli

Again, does anyone know the following

City and state of birth

For Steven Capobianco???

This will be a big help!

Thank you

Sorry to upset everyone. Used the name Steve because I didn't know if it was en or an.. Sc gets auto corrected on my phone to cs which is charlis initials.

He obviously was a jerk in the relationship if the sister without knowing charli was with him went to his work to question him. He was thought of a person of interest before he was known to be with her.

My ideas maybe rediculous but I'm trying to think outside the box, by forgetting his statement. All that is for sure was she was alive at 8 when she left her sister. She was tired so assumption is she went home.

Yes he claims he was with her goin to get his truck. But he might have known phones have gps and that it would ping so his story had to match her facts..

So sorry again for joining the conversation as you shouldn't turn in your badge.. Don't give up on charli

You're right. Underlying all of his cover up is that no matter what, if something happened to Charlie, he would be suspect #1. So he had to incorporate that thinking into his story. And, yes, all we know for sure about Charli is that she was alive when she left her stster's.:moo:

Glad you hung in there-- Fresh air needed! I'm afraid frayed nerves and frustration are taking there toll around here. So, points get completely missed or misinterpreted and we just get mired. Maybe some R&R is needed. The fight is still there, though. Keep going!

You're not upsetting anyone IMO. Thinking outside of the box is a good thing.

I joined because of my interest in this case, and I have read every post. I wanted to add some thoughts:
*Looking as SC's girlfriend (Cassie's) FB, I see a lot of interesting posts on 2/22, she posted a picture of Sonic/Wiley Coyote/RoadRunner that says, 'Money, it gets **** done.' It is interesting to note that her aunt comments regularly on her page seeming to infer that Cassie has knowledge on something that she should come clean about. It all starts after Carly's disappearance, so it could be completely coincidental, but it could also be referring to the case.
*The same day she posted : "Right before my eyes, I saw my whole world lose control. My whole world lost control, before my eyes. I fell through the floor. I couldn't take this anymore. I can't take this anymore, it breaks my mind."
Her aunt commented: "then break it off altogether and save your mind ... and save your heart and save your soul !!"

She also links to this picture on 1/20/14: https://www.facebook.com/FunInJamai...5906/697990340246027/?type=1&relevant_count=1
The last 2 lines : 'They're a team. A club. A 2 person gang that nobody else is allowed to join. It's them vs. everyone else.'

A lot of her posts from the end of January have 'likes' from SC's Chunk O'Butter acct. I think she may have known about the act. Per her FB, she does a lot of drugs, and so does SC. A lot of their friends are bit on the 'sketchy' looking side and I'm not saying that they hired someone, but on Oct 23rd, she posted this:
"Shawty I can change ya whole life for that PAPER! Yeahh."

A lot of people do things they wouldn't necessarily do because of drugs, and I noticed on Cassie's FB she made a lot of references to people getting married/having babies and how all she's doing is drinking and drugs. Maybe she had some resentment/jealousy towards Carly for having a baby, especially with a guy she was dating. I have to wonder if she pushed SC into it and said, "We can hire someone."

Now, I don't know how much hitmen cost, but $1200 seems like a very small amount to murder someone. Someone desperate for drugs may have done it for $1200, though. Maybe this is the 'tweaker' he referred to who gave him a ride.

I have this feeling that SC did take Carly somewhere, but that there was someone waiting there who did the actual dirty work. SC probably dealt with the dog / whatever else. Maybe he took Nala, dropped the truck off at JAWS, and the tweaker who killed Carly picked him up from there?

I don't know Maui well - I went there about 5 years ago for 10 days, but I don't know it intimately, and I only did the drive to Hana in one day. I stayed on the more 'touristy' / beachy side of the island. I apologize if what I'm saying doesn't make sense in term of the layout of the island.

It's odd that he and Cassie haven't had any communication as of late, but she has posted cryptic messages on FB and her aunt's comments on them are especially interesting, IMO. Again, MOO, YMMV and all of that, but I just can't shake this feeling that this girl was involved somehow and that it was orchestrated for a while before it took shape.

I could have sworn that there were some interesting posts for 2/9 and 2/10 when I originally looked at Cassie's page, but they're not there anymore? I don't know if she deleted them - did anyone else look at her page around this time and remember seeing posts from these days?

Does anyone know when Carly told SC that she was pregnant?

I joined because of my interest in this case, and I have read every post. I wanted to add some thoughts:
*Looking as SC's girlfriend (Cassie's) FB, I see a lot of interesting posts on 2/22, she posted a picture of Sonic/Wiley Coyote/RoadRunner that says, 'Money, it gets **** done.' It is interesting to note that her aunt comments regularly on her page seeming to infer that Cassie has knowledge on something that she should come clean about. It all starts after Carly's disappearance, so it could be completely coincidental, but it could also be referring to the case.
*The same day she posted : "Right before my eyes, I saw my whole world lose control. My whole world lost control, before my eyes. I fell through the floor. I couldn't take this anymore. I can't take this anymore, it breaks my mind."
Her aunt commented: "then break it off altogether and save your mind ... and save your heart and save your soul !!"

She also links to this picture on 1/20/14:

https://www.facebook.com/FunInJamai...5906/697990340246027/?type=1&relevant_count=1
The last 2 lines : 'They're a team. A club. A 2 person gang that nobody else is allowed to join. It's them vs. everyone else.'

A lot of her posts from the end of January have 'likes' from SC's Chunk O'Butter acct. I think she may have known about the act. Per her FB, she does a lot of drugs, and so does SC. A lot of their friends are bit on the 'sketchy' looking side and I'm not saying that they hired someone, but on Oct 23rd, she posted this:
"Shawty I can change ya whole life for that PAPER! Yeahh."

A lot of people do things they wouldn't necessarily do because of drugs, and I noticed on Cassie's FB she made a lot of references to people getting married/having babies and how all she's doing is drinking and drugs. Maybe she had some resentment/jealousy towards Carly for having a baby, especially with a guy she was dating. I have to wonder if she pushed SC into it and said, "We can hire someone."

Now, I don't know how much hitmen cost, but $1200 seems like a very small amount to murder someone. Someone desperate for drugs may have done it for $1200, though. Maybe this is the 'tweaker' he referred to who gave him a ride.

I have this feeling that SC did take Carly somewhere, but that there was someone waiting there who did the actual dirty work. SC probably dealt with the dog / whatever else. Maybe he took Nala, dropped the truck off at JAWS, and the tweaker who killed Carly picked him up from there?

I don't know Maui well - I went there about 5 years ago for 10 days, but I don't know it intimately, and I only did the drive to Hana in one day. I stayed on the more 'touristy' / beachy side of the island. I apologize if what I'm saying doesn't make sense in term of the layout of the island.

It's odd that he and Cassie haven't had any communication as of late, but she has posted cryptic messages on FB and her aunt's comments on them are especially interesting, IMO. Again, MOO, YMMV and all of that, but I just can't shake this feeling that this girl was involved somehow and that it was orchestrated for a while before it took shape.

I could have sworn that there were some interesting posts for 2/9 and 2/10 when I originally looked at Cassie's page, but they're not there anymore? I don't know if she deleted them - did anyone else look at her page around this time and remember seeing posts from these days?

Does anyone know when Carly told SC that she was pregnant?

charli's sister told me cass meet with their older sister Brooke the day she came back to Maui.
They felt she was just a dumb girl who liked SC for his drugs. Don't know if that helps with your theory. I was happy she would meet Brooke face to face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member