GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cass is on the stand right now. Claims to have Skyped him often 8 hrs a day, "professing their love for each other."
:sick:

No cameras in the courtroom.
OK, something is up. Either the court is trying to protect the witnesses or prevent the trial from turning into a media circus a la Scott Peterson. Or.... I don't know what. But it's almost like they have a gag order or something...

I'll say! Lol. How do you think Charli's car got to the Jaws area? Do you believe the dismantling could have happened there?

Yes I do. Meaning help. Who knows what story he told whomever helped him. I think we are going to find out through testimony

:sick:

OK, something is up. Either the court is trying to protect the witnesses or prevent the trial from turning into a media circus a la Scott Peterson. Or.... I don't know what. But it's almost like they have a gag order or something...
l

Yep. Both reasons, I imagine. Apo really, really wants a mistrial, too.

l

Yep. Both reasons, I imagine. Apo really, really wants a mistrial, too.

The Maui Now article said that Apo filed a motion for a mistrial on Tuesday for 3 reasons; 1 the wrong tape was played and revealed the Fiona affair, 2.Taylor referenced the reason that she was meeting SC late on 2/9/early on 2/10, and 3. Taylor's ‘Like he was proud…’ comment with regard to how SC acted when she asked him if he was the only suspect in Charli's disappearance.

I kind of feel sorry for Apo at this point. The prosecution is putting together a strong case. He really has his work cut out for him, trying to convince 12 people that everyone is conspiring against SC.

Lila F. will have a much better story but SC woke CK up at 2 am on Skype to show her his hands. She says they were bruised.

Lila F. will have a much better story but SC woke CK up at 2 am on Skype to show her his hands. She says they were bruised.
Wow. Was he proud? ;-)
does 2 am mean her time in PA or Maui time?
2 am PA time would only be 9 PM Maui time, so I'm guessing that's not it. 2 AM Maui time is 7AM her time.

Wow. Was he proud? ;-)
does 2 am mean her time in PA or Maui time?
2 am PA time would only be 9 PM Maui time, so I'm guessing that's not it. 2 AM Maui time is 7AM her time.

Monday, February 10, 2014, 7:30 AM Est (PA time). No he wasn't proud. She described him as "frantic and out of sorts like he'd just gotten out of a car accident." She didn't ask him at that time what had happened, she was sleepy. They hung up and she went back to sleep.

On Sunday, Feb 9, 2014, they Skyped off and on all day. They Skyped at 5 pm HST that Sunday and he mentioned having to go work on a friend's truck. Nothing at all mentioned about his truck being disabled at Keanae. He also showered before hanging up with her around 8:15 pm HST. She testified that she thought it was odd he was showering (that evening). Mind you, he's Skyping from his phone and allegedly communicating with Charli at the same time.

Steven referred to Cassie as his "goddess" and "never felt like that about anyone before."

Some other things; Cassie worked at Mana Foods at one point with Steven. She noted that his bruised hands had a line across one and cuts to his pinky finger on another. She said Steven hated kids, didn't want any despite there being a baby in the house. When she said this, I saw Steven look over at the jury. Cassie also said Steven bragged how his new tires would be able to go through the mud. On Saturday night, when Steven was supposedly dealing with a stuck truck in Keanae, he was actually Skyping Cassie.

I had to leave early so I don't know what her testimony was after our hour long break.

One more thing I just remembered, SC and CK were Skyping on Tuesday morning when the cops showed up. He actually told her "the cops are here" and they hung up.

When did they sleep? If ever.

On Sunday, Feb 9, 2014, they Skyped off and on all day. They Skyped at 5 pm HST that Sunday and he mentioned having to go work on a friend's truck. Nothing at all mentioned about his truck being disabled at Keanae. He also showered before hanging up with her around 8:15 pm HST. She testified that she thought it was odd he was showering (that evening). Mind you, he's Skyping from his phone and allegedly communicating with Charli at the same time.

Steven referred to Cassie as his "goddess" and "never felt like that about anyone before."

Some other things; Cassie worked at Mana Foods at one point with Steven. She noted that his bruised hands had a line across one and cuts to his pinky finger on another. She said Steven hated kids, didn't want any despite there being a baby in the house. When she said this, I saw Steven look over at the jury. Cassie also said Steven bragged how his new tires would be able to go through the mud. On Saturday night, when Steven was supposedly dealing with a stuck truck in Keanae, he was actually Skyping Cassie.

I had to leave early so I don't know what her testimony was after our hour long break.

Thanks, Nikki, for keeping us in the know as much as you can.

This is the second mention of there being a baby in SC's house. Whose baby was in the house?

Nobody takes a shower right before they go work on a car. You shower after you finish working on it.

Did Rivera ask Cassie how she felt about Steven and Charli's baby? The rumor in the beginning was that Cassie did not want to be a step mother. Now it's looking a lot more like Steven adamantly did not want to be a father.

Agree, and it had occurred to me when I read her story that here was a bit of reality to hang a later lie on.

I wasn't saying his story happened at all. I'm saying he gave the detectives a timeframe of 2 1/2 hours which included driving the highway there and back + 15 minute repair job, and the detectives who know the drive were OK with that time frame. The spot where his truck didn't really break down is farther down the road than the crime scene, so say two hours for the drive to and from the turn off to Nua'ailua, give or take a few.

If he had 3 1/2 hours and returned at midnight, then that gives him 1 1/2 hours, but then 1/2 hour or so to go to Nahiku and back, so only one hour for the murder and everything else (by my rough calculations).

I think he went to Nahiku first and dropped off Nala, and her phone's last ping off a tower is at 10:58. Otherwise he does not have any time to go to Nahiku and still make the rendezvous at Hanzawa's, not with an hour's drive back from Paraquat's. Even then, it is tight, as he must have switched vehicles and stopped at his home for grandfather to see.

So time is an issue... could he have possibly done all this in the allotted time? Forget where the truck wasn't stuck and remember no way she was going anywhere with him. Did she even meet him knowingly or did he wait for her somewhere on her way home from her mothers house? Maybe she agreed to give him a ride home.
Getting back to the time issue. Leaves his house at 8:30p
he met with Taylor between 12am and 2am and skyped with Cass at 2/2:30 am, acting odd around both of them. If time is an issue maybe he didn't go out Hana on Sunday night at all. Is there really anything that indicates he did?
Step-Grandfather allegedly sees him at 11p, ok, so what if he did. (I feel like this will be debunked) but maybe he didn't leave the property at all. Charlie, either knocked out or dead, her truck and Nala are hidden somewhere close to the property.
He needs to clean out her car, (how much stuff could possibly be in it?) so he can scrap it, but he has to get rid of her stuff, the blanket and DVD. He keeps the computer to pawn.
He isn't really under pressure until Tuesday morning. He didn't think he needed to rush Sunday night.

Sorry to be throwing random thoughts out. I need to figure this out to rest.
I want so badly for her family to have closure and justice.

HGO, never leaving the property is fine for SC but Charli's phone pinged at 11pm on Sunday night at Paraquats Bay. He had no reason to claim to be with her except that he was, maybe to explain away his phone pings.

You are right about everything possibly transpiring on a day other than Sunday. The charge against him says he knowingly caused her death BETWEEN 2/9/14-2/12/14. I always felt like they wouldn't include those dates unless they doubted it could happen one night. .

This is the second mention of there being a baby in SC's house. Whose baby was in the house?

Did Rivera ask Cassie how she felt about Steven and Charli's baby? The rumor in the beginning was that Cassie did not want to be a step mother. Now it's looking a lot more like Steven adamantly did not want to be a father.

Don't know whose baby it was. Maybe I missed that. And yes, CK was upset at first upon learning about Charli's pregnancy and then she told him they'd work something out. She also told Steven in a text that she didn't want to be a stepmom.

HGO, never leaving the property is fine for SC but Charli's phone pinged at 11pm on Sunday night at Paraquats Bay. He had no reason to claim to be with her except that he was, maybe to explain away his phone pings.

You are right about everything possibly transpiring on a day other than Sunday. The charge against him says he knowingly caused her death BETWEEN 2/9/14-2/12/14. I always felt like they wouldn't include those dates unless they doubted it could happen one night. .

I blanked on the ping. Thank you for reminding me. the phone ping only makes sense in that particular spot if she was there. I'm so confused. How did this happen? What transpired....
We need his phone pings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members